How often do you speak Hmong?

calla

sarNie Adult
yeah, we are hmong.....so better keep the language alive. :p
even though we don't have a country to call ours.....but i never regret.
how lucky for me to learned all 3 languages....such as Hmong, Thai and English :D

Fearless

sarNie Adult
Sadly to say I speak English most of the time and only speak hmong when it's only necessary. I'm embarrassed to speak in hmong because I'm not very fluent and I think I sound funny. I'm especially embarrassed talking to the elders because then I'd have to search for the correct words or end up talking to them in hmong mixed with English and they would go like, "what did you say?". I feel so stupid I just want to punch myself in the head. It's so weird because I understand what they're saying completely but when I tried to talk back I go paranoid like I have a speaking problem or something. gee, I feel so bad. Maybe I should start talking hmong more often.

FrozenPearl

sarNie Egg
calla said:
yeah, we are hmong.....so better keep the language alive. :p
even though we don't have a country to call ours.....but i never regret.
how lucky for me to learned all 3 languages....such as Hmong, Thai and English :D
[post="35023"][/post]​

I agree with you. We are Hmong so why afraid of your own language. Got to keep them alive, it's the way we were born. Nothing can change that since you aready being born into Hmong. Why afraid of others know that you are Hmong since you already are??? I saw others they are afraid of being Hmong and trying to be like American. What's the different about us Hmong and American? ONe thing I can describe, "Does not matter we are human being, everyone can die someday)

I speak 99.99% Hmong and not afraid of my own language. The only times, I speak English is when speaking to American or other people that don't understand our language. I'll kept my own language and teach my children our language in the future. I don't need to teach them English, no matter they will learn from warching TV or school.

SunStar

sarNie Elites
i speak Hmong everyday... in a day... i probably speak it 40% of the time... cause i certainly can't speak hmong in school and work...

but i do speak a lot of hmong and HMONGLISH!!! lol

calla

sarNie Adult
FrozenPearl....you speak 99.99% hmong....i guess you know every hmong words hehhe :D
i speak hmong alot too but don't really know some of the hmong words mean.....lolz :loool:

how many people in here know how to sing Kwv Txhiaj and Paj Huam ?
i don't.....and i don't know anything about the hmong culture. its ok aleast i know how to speak hmong. :lmao:

sueko

sarNie Egg
shoot... i suck at speaking hmong...(99.7% english and .3% hmoog) out of my sibilings i can barely prounouce some of the most simplest words... i get make fun of though... <_<

aZn_FrEaK

*~JUNSU'S DORK~*
i'd say for me... 10-20% hmong and the rest english...
i work on the weekend and have school on week days...
hardly have time to speak hmong but at home which i'm hardly at

anjos

In my house I spake 80% in hmong and 20% in english..... cuz.... I want my kids to know how to speak in both hmong and english.....
But when I'm over at my parents house I speak 99.9% hmong cuz...
they dont really understand.... I mean they do too but in a way not
reall.......

kahoua_yaj

sarNie Egg
i have to speak hmong because my parents doesn't enlish that welp...but they are learning when i kept on speaking english and i speak english when i don't want my parents to knoe wat i'm talking about....and i mostly speak english at school and some times i speak hmong at school when i don't want my teacher to know what me and my frans are talking about....

yajvaj

sarNie Adult
well i speak in hmong most of the time even if im at skool and at home...i HAVE to speak hmong to my parents cause they don't understand hmong...this sounds weird but sometimes i don't understand english words even the simplest word...but i like to speak my language...proud of it too :D

neena

sarNie Adult
i think 60% of english at home and 30% hmong at home. my mom speaks english at home a lot and i see my mom more then my dad so thats why i speak more english at home. i wish i spoke more hmong though. i'm starting to try. i don't know a lot of hmong words, i only say the easy ones. i hate myself sometimes because i'm not so good at it.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
as for me, at school.. 50/50.. depending on who i'm talking to.. :)

at home, 50/50 too.. if i talk to my parents.. hmong.. but if i talk to my bro.. n sis... english...

nowdays, when i talk to hmong peeps.. i mix hmong with english.. i dun knoe y.. i just do.. :)

L

lalalek

I speak it usually when i see my grandma and that would be every morning!!! :)

paj sua yaj

sarNie Egg
humm! speaking hmong....will, i speak hmong 100% yeah!!!!!!!!!
but at school i speak english 100% too...ha ha ha ha ha ha....
so do the math its 50/50 of for me......ofcourse i have to speak hmong because i watch thai lakorns that are dubb in hmong.....so i have to understand hmong a lot...he he he he he.....i can proudly say that i speak HMONG 100%.....pure...HMONG.....even though i live in AMERICA.....ha ha ha ha ha ha..... :lmao:
one funny thing is that i speak a lot of hmong but i don't know how to write and spell in hmong.......hehehehel

leek18

sarNie Adult
i love my hmong people and i love my culture. i will never let my hmong language gone. well i speak lot of hmong and speak 20% of english. well have u guys heard Ntxhee Yees Xyooj zaj nkauj hu ua "Txhob Tso Lus Hmoob" well i like this song a lot and it tell us not to tso lus hmoob if u guys want to hear this song go to Looj Ceeb Entertainment and click on Ntxhee Yees Xyooj and it was in her new album

To All Peeps who can speak hmong: if koj tsis paub hais lus hmoob, people make fun of u, muab koj cem, qhuab qhia koj kom koj hais lus hmoob, and lots of rules. i have heard some people did this to their kids. I also have a cousin and i don't like them at all and he got like 4-5 kids and they can't even speak hmong at all and always speak english and it really annoying me and i were like "damn u stupid kids, u can't speak hmong or what" (i didn't say this but i think in my mind) and now this family have no cousin (yeah for real) because my cousin have a fight with my uncle and it was 8 years or 9 years ago and he don't even care about his cousin anymore. they were hmong that have no last name. when people invited them, they don't care and they don't want to come. well all my related family say that "muaj ib hnub twg lawv yeej yuav tsum npam xwb" because they hate every people who related to them.

azngurl84

sarNie Egg
moonfaerrie said:
Well, I was just wondering how often you guys speak Hmong (or your native language)? Well, like I said before, I used to be ashamed of Hmong when I was younger and didn't speak Hmong much, mostly to elders. But now, I speak Hmong more than English. Most of my family members also speak Hmong. We speak Hmong like 80% at home. I speak to my Hmong friends in hmong, evven if they don't talk to me in Hmong. Most of my Hmong friends didn't speak Hmong eitehr, but after haning with me, they all speak Hmong, however, I haven't hung out with many of them for a while and I don't know if they're still speaking in Hmong. I think that we should all speak Hong and teach our younger generations the same thing. My little sister used to speak Hmong, but I left home for school for one year and when i got back, I talked to her in hmong and she be going like, "I don't know what you're talking about. I don't understand Hmong." I was like, "Shut up, you b****. Koj twb paub hais lus Hmoob before kuv mus tam sim no koj ua txwj tsis paub ib pliag kuv xa nrig rau koj." LOL, she's talking more Hmong now, but still not alot. I'm working on her. well, now tell me how often you and your family speak Hmong.
[post="33302"][/post]​

i dont think i can speak hmong. no one else in my family can! hehehe...