How much do Thai stars get paid?

yaso

sarNie Fansubber
they don't get paid that much at all for lakorns -- only in the $7,000 - $10,000 range (in US conversion) or even less, which is why so many daras do basically everything else in entertainment as well (i.e. modeling, hosting, photoshoots, product promotions, etc.)...they get paid more to walk the runway or show up at certain events than they do from starring in lakorns...
Dang...for reals! No wonder they are doing everything! Don't lakorns take a lot of time though? I can't believe they make so little. I was thinking at least in the $100,000 range like here in the U.S. Then again difference in the standard of living. Hmm...what's the lifestlye of rich & famous like in Thailand? Just a thought.... :rolleyes:

thaigirl

sarNie Hatchling
Wow, that's so little. But how can they be that rich since they act in a few lakorns per year only ? And how long does it take to make a lakorn ?

solin

sarNie Adult
It's more easy to live a rich lifestyle in Thailand because life is cheaper so I think 10,000 $ is a very important sum...and if they make two or tree lakorn, it's lot of money !

diana507

sarNie Juvenile
they don't get paid that much at all for lakorns -- only in the $7,000 - $10,000 range (in US conversion) or even less, which is why so many daras do basically everything else in entertainment as well (i.e. modeling, hosting, photoshoots, product promotions, etc.)...they get paid more to walk the runway or show up at certain events than they do from starring in lakorns...
are you sure? bc someone said ann t. got paid 50 million baht and i went to a conversion website to see how much it was in U.S. and it was over 1.5 million or somewhere around there, which to me seems more accurate i really dont see them being paid only 10thousand per lakorn

laugh-out-loud

sarNie Egg
the living expenses are different in thailand compare to the US so it can't be up to millions that the stars are getting paid for...i mean, think about it, are they making that much money back for each lakorn sold in thailand???? in american yes, but in thailand no...besides there are so many black markets out in laos and thailand with almost all burn cds and vcds on sale, does those count? NO, the stars are not getting percentage off of those kind of sales....i think more people buy burn lakorn than original ones..... what i'm trying to say is that they maybe able to make a better living than other people, but not as much as company or major business owners.

solin

sarNie Adult
It's reasonable. That means It depend on their popularity.
10 000$ to 100 000$...the marge is important ; some can be jealous lol...

preawXXsornram

sarNie Fansubber
luxurious lifestyle in thailand....like the rich people in lakorns! LOL!

i know a guy who is the grandson of CP, his family hav 7 cars, get 1.5 million a month. and at the end of every year, they get 1,000++ of million

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
hopefullie this will help answer some of your questions..credit to T-intermedia...

The highest paid celebrity of 2005

Even though the income of celebrities is not something that should be revealed to the general public because it’s nothing compared to the rates in Hollywood.

But even so, nowadays celebrities in Thailand are receiving a huge income far more greater than ever before.

And for this special scoop we will reveal to you the income of the highest paid celebrity in Thai Entertainment!

The person who will be giving us this information is the witch of Entertainmen, or “Kriengkrai Sakulchai’ otherwise known as “Toy Hackner�, Toy reveals:

“The truth is the income figures for celebrities are meant to be confidential and we are not suppose to be revealing this sort of information, which is like any other occupation, you’re not meant to reveal their income to the public�

“But if we have to put a finger down on an income of the highest paid celerity in 2005, the number one lady is this department is channel 7 leading actress ‘Aump’ Patcharapa Chaichuer�

Inside sources revealed, Aump’s lakorn ratings is estimated to be no less than 70,000 baht per episode, this amount is the highest figure ever given to any leading stars.

In each the lakorn, the leading cast will be paid for around 20 episodes, which gives them a gross income of 1,400,000 for each lakorn.

Last year ‘Aump’ Patcharapa is estimated to have taken in 14 million baht gross income before Tax !

CURRENCY CONVERTER

USD = United States Dollars

70,000 Baht = $1,775.18 USD

1,400,000 Baht = $35,375.16 USD

14,000,000 Baht = 353,741.32 USD

SOURCE: NUA NIA [ JANUARY 2006 ]

Azlisakhmer

sarNie Adult
Wow Aump gets paid the post per episode thought so i thought Anne T and Kob would get paid the same also

yaso

sarNie Fansubber
Thanks for the info pink_juliet_kashie! Guess us regular people just wanted to know how much Thai celebs get paid, bc the U.S. reveals how much the celebs get. Now my curiosity has been answered.

noungning

Heartless
that was highest paid on CH 7. Anne is CH 3.

um u can't compare a 50 Million figure from a movie to a lakorn!

lakorns aren't grossing as much as movies like someone's mentioned. movies gets money from theater, dvds, vcd, soundtrack, and various events to display their movie... and some even getting much more with landing it outside of thailand. just only hitting the theater, they make enough to pay off what they've spent making the film and profit that will keep hitting the banks.

i was thinking when someone said $7,000-$10,000, they are referring to USD, and um i HIGHLY doubt they make that much. for example in that scoop, aum making about $2,000 per episode, and that's alot...crazy!

and i believe, someone to the calibur of Bird Thongchai is probably the expensive type of figure to hire, simply because he's Bird.

and to someone saying... living off 100 USD... that'd be really hard! even renting a fan only room per month will cost u at least half of that already! and that's the most crappiest room, this is talking about living in bkk... but if u live outside of bkk it might be possible. 100USD isn't so much now... thanks to our fabulous congress and commander in chief. <_<

stasteek

sarNie Egg
all i know is that i'm sure thai stars are living lavishly out there. I'm sure it balance out like usa, only difference is the currency....dang!

Maricon

sarNie Oldmaid
Not sure on how much they get paid, it depends whether you're a lead or supporting role. They also do other stuff such as hosting, modeling, endorsing products, attending events, singing, even several Thai stars have their own businesses too which is a good thing since as they say, nothing lasts forever. I think they live a good life too despite their hardships in the industry and they deserve to be recognized too.

Last edited: