How do you shipped a pet?

Vamkim

sarNie Juvenile
Ok, I bought my girl a Betta fish. I dont know how am I supposed to send it across the united state. Can anyone give me some tips?

i know that you can take pets on planes and stuff, but not through the postal service...the animals would die...so the only way would be to ship it overnight on a plane or something...

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
LOL; I would do it secretly. Stick the fish in a bag of water and sprinkle in some fish food.
Then tie up the bag and stick it in a box with some tissue paper or foam peanuts. Tape up
the box and send it as a gift to her...? LMAO; that's what I came up with. xD

Shipping live animals through the post office is against the rules; unless you're Hmong
and you do tons of things illegally like the idea I just stated above. LMAO.

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
i know that you can take pets on planes and stuff, but not through the postal service...the animals would die...so the only way would be to ship it overnight on a plane or something...
Yes that's the only way to ship pets, take it to the airports. But then it will cost more to ship than the cost of the fish. :lol:
The only other way is, buy it online from the seller/site that deal with this kind of stuffs, and let them ship it directly to your girlfriend, less hassle that way.
Another headache ways and run around is to ship it's with freight with those truck drivers. The truck company has drivers go to every States, and they do freight delivery; Your girlfriend then might have to go pick it up at their truck rest stop or where ever they tell you their truck going to be close to where she live.

mia07

Introvert
LOL; I would do it secretly. Stick the fish in a bag of water and sprinkle in some fish food.
Then tie up the bag and stick it in a box with some tissue paper or foam peanuts. Tape up

Shipping live animals through the post office is against the rules; unless you're Hmong
WTF? LOL. The way you do it, the fish will definitely die for sure.

Vamkim

sarNie Juvenile

I was thinking about doing something like this.

Vamkim

sarNie Juvenile
u might wanna go to ur post office and ask them

I did, i call and ask them and they say they dont do live pets or animals. And they refer me to some other post office thats miles away from where i live. This totally sucks!

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I'm not sure where you're from but if you're in the states you can ship live animals you just have to go to the post office and ask them how to properly do it, otherwise the animal will die. In most cases it's done over night. Fish aren't so bad because it's not like they need air to breathe and they can stay in a plastic bag a couple of days so long as there's enough air in the bag of water they're kept in.

People order pets all the time, so it's very possible. My uncle ordered a bunch of fish and they were sent through mail.

Of course the easiest way would've been for you to just find a pet store where she lives and ordered a beta for her there and have them deliver to her home or have her pick it up. B)

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
[quote name='-ohMAIVdarlin'' post='638216' date='Aug 9 2009, 03:45 PM']WTF? LOL. The way you do it, the fish will definitely die for sure.[/quote]

Nah, it won't die; as long as it's a fast shipment. xD

Vamkim

sarNie Juvenile
I'm not sure where you're from but if you're in the states you can ship live animals you just have to go to the post office and ask them how to properly do it, otherwise the animal will die. In most cases it's done over night. Fish aren't so bad because it's not like they need air to breathe and they can stay in a plastic bag a couple of days so long as there's enough air in the bag of water they're kept in.

People order pets all the time, so it's very possible. My uncle ordered a bunch of fish and they were sent through mail.

Of course the easiest way would've been for you to just find a pet store where she lives and ordered a beta for her there and have them deliver to her home or have her pick it up. B)

I'm from the US, our post office here in my town is very small. But If im gonna have to do some driving then I will.

Vamkim

sarNie Juvenile
OK, conclusion: So I send the fish by express mail. She got them today. The fish are ok, she saids. But the male is having some trouble, hes not active anymore. I figured it must be stress out being in that dark box with horrible warm temperature water. And so, I told her, babay, If the male betta doesnt make it, let me know. I'll get you a new one. And she said, babe, you've done so much, let me pay you back. And so, I told her babay, I didn't sell those fish to you. I gave them to you as a gift from my heart. And she said, but I feel bad. And So, I told her, in this world, anything that I can do or anything that I can give, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE FOR YOU.... :D

OK, conclusion: So I send the fish by express mail. She got them today. The fish are ok, she saids. But the male is having some trouble, hes not active anymore. I figured it must be stress out being in that dark box with horrible warm temperature water. And so, I told her, babay, If the male betta doesnt make it, let me know. I'll get you a new one. And she said, babe, you've done so much, let me pay you back. And so, I told her babay, I didn't sell those fish to you. I gave them to you as a gift from my heart. And she said, but I feel bad. And So, I told her, in this world, anything that I can do or anything that I can give, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE FOR YOU.... :D
aww! how sweet...