How do you feel if your nyab start talking s***t about you and your family to everybody?

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
are you a nyab yourself to know so much?
I never said I know so much but i pay attention to my surroundings. lol you should too.

I just say what i believe is true. however, the answer is no. i am not a Nyab but i know girl's who are married and they talk a lot of shit or shall i say the truth? Who knows, what the truth is. We don't know, we're not in their shoes. We don't live under the same roof. But again a nyab needs to know what to gossip about and what not to. Because obviously, she is just gossiping about her own family, which is embarrassing and very immature. :)

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
I never said I know so much but i pay attention to my surroundings. lol you should too.

I just say what i believe is true. however, the answer is no. i am not a Nyab but i know girl's who are married and they talk a lot of shit or shall i say the truth? Who knows, what the truth is. We don't know, we're not in their shoes. We don't live under the same roof. But again a nyab needs to know what to gossip about and what not to. Because obviously, she is just gossiping about her own family, which is embarrassing and very immature. :)

Well I'm sure everyone pays attention to their surroundings, but not all nyab's do that. I'm a nyab but my family do not gossip about each other to make each other feel better. It's not fair for you to to bash the "nyab's" for one or two persons' immatureness. Just saying.

miss_kayomee

sarNie Egg
i have the same problem like that, i thought my sister-n-law was nice until i heard that she was telling my brother stuff about me. honestly it bothers me a lot but i don't give a crap about what she thinks about me, i respect my brother that's why i don't go and tell him the stuff she does when he isn't around. but i'm a person who has limits just like anyone else, and if she keeps going the way she is i just let him know what's up and if she doesn't stop then i go straight to her to let her know. i think i'm just too nice sometimes, but so far after i got pissed at her and she found out about it she has been a lot nicer to me and i haven't heard anything else from her.

nkaujsuabyaj

sarNie Egg
i have the same problem like that, i thought my sister-n-law was nice until i heard that she was telling my brother stuff about me. honestly it bothers me a lot but i don't give a crap about what she thinks about me, i respect my brother that's why i don't go and tell him the stuff she does when he isn't around. but i'm a person who has limits just like anyone else, and if she keeps going the way she is i just let him know what's up and if she doesn't stop then i go straight to her to let her know. i think i'm just too nice sometimes, but so far after i got pissed at her and she found out about it she has been a lot nicer to me and i haven't heard anything else from her.
OMG..is so true!!!, but see i do love my brother dearly but he doesn't believe what we say to him so he rather believe that sister in law..yeah my sister is the same way as you are..she doesn't give a crap about her and to be honest my sister even say it's a mistake to bring her in because she doesn't like us and and all my cousins that we hang out with..she think her dumbass family is perfect...and yeah now the sister in law is being so nice to everyone so she can have them think that "oh she not the bad one" yeah right..that so fake and seriously dude..that sister in law need to be herself....LOL isn't that funny how people who are guilty of something turn around being nice.. :)

candi

sarNie Juvenile
OMG..is so true!!!, but see i do love my brother dearly but he doesn't believe what we say to him so he rather believe that sister in law..yeah my sister is the same way as you are..she doesn't give a crap about her and to be honest my sister even say it's a mistake to bring her in because she doesn't like us and and all my cousins that we hang out with..she think her dumbass family is perfect...and yeah now the sister in law is being so nice to everyone so she can have them think that "oh she not the bad one" yeah right..that so fake and seriously dude..that sister in law need to be herself....LOL isn't that funny how people who are guilty of something turn around being nice.. :)
it's not nice to call her family "dumbass." you shouldnt judge her family base on what she said about them. seriously, u are not any better than her if you keep talking about her like this too. be the bigger person and let it go or if it bothers you so much, confront her about it. she doesn't have to like you guys, but it'd be nice to show some respect on her part.

kvang

sarNie Egg
Every family will have a liar/faker. Those people are really good at acting too. Its sad if the old g's don't see it because most of the time they don't. That is what happened to me. My sister in-law(35) is ten years older than I am and knows how to act very good in front of the old people and I am just myself all the time and the bad one. The ones who just pretend to be nice to you; their kindness will never last or beat yours. Don't worry about them because soon or later, the whole family will know how she is and then she will get on everyone's nerve and etc. Just like my sister in law, all the relatives think she and her husband who wears the skirt is the best out of all the relatives but not the family. She doesn't get along with 99% or the whole family but we all just shut our mouth. I just wish all those people who are like her luck.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
Well I'm sure everyone pays attention to their surroundings, but not all nyab's do that. I'm a nyab but my family do not gossip about each other to make each other feel better. It's not fair for you to to bash the "nyab's" for one or two persons' immatureness. Just saying.
Then I guess you are 'one of a kind' of a nyab. And I guess I am not talking about you?

This is my opinion, this is what I see and observed today, so I'm speaking for no one but myself.
So, don't get offended by what I say here. If you are not what I stated, then good for you. :)

Anyways, when a nyab gossip, whether it's good or bad. it's not gossip to them but the truth, because it's their life and they know it best. To you, others, me. We are only listeners.

And just because a nyab gossip, it doesn't mean it's always bad or to make someone feel bad or good. Sometimes it's stress release. haha

HuabNag

sarNie Adult
it's not nice to call her family "dumbass." you shouldnt judge her family base on what she said about them. seriously, u are not any better than her if you keep talking about her like this too. be the bigger person and let it go or if it bothers you so much, confront her about it. she doesn't have to like you guys, but it'd be nice to show some respect on her part.
I agree with you candi...calling someone family "dumbass" doesn't sound so nice...

I wouldn't like anyone call my family like that. LIKE the old say, yog kuv phem ces cem kuv xwb, tsis txhob hais txog kuv niam kuv txiv...even you don't respect her give some respect to her family...I think you wouldn't like someone call your family like that tooo...GOD BLESSS YOUR FAMILY

nkaujsuabyaj

sarNie Egg
I agree with you candi...calling someone family "dumbass" doesn't sound so nice...

I wouldn't like anyone call my family like that. LIKE the old say, yog kuv phem ces cem kuv xwb, tsis txhob hais txog kuv niam kuv txiv...even you don't respect her give some respect to her family...I think you wouldn't like someone call your family like that tooo...GOD BLESSS YOUR FAMILY

I know that i shouldn't be calling them dumbass..but they don't respect who we are..mean they go on lying about the girls in the family and talking too much about my mom..which hurts me alot..and but like my older sister say just be a bigger person and ingore whatever they say because one day they will understand!..

Wulusa

sarNie Juvenile
I have similar issue like this too. I wonder how can a nyab be like this, talking behind someone's back. I have respect to my nyab eventhough they've hurt my parents and me over times and times again. They don't clean and cook, ofcourse once in a while I would complain it but only to my mom. Still I would help them babysit their kids and still be nice and respect them. Im the type of person who don't talk much and doesnt speak my mind. But held everything in my heart and bear with it. I also have my own stress that I can not talk about because it's not related to family problem. So I would always look depress. Earlier My third sisinlaw try to talk me out about my problems why I always look mad and stressful. And ofcourse it's not family matter and it's not something I can talk about so ofcourse I would said it's nothing. She said i can talk to her with problem and she will help me but I didn't tell her anything. Then after I came back to my bed she went to talk to my second sisinlaw. I have mo idea what they were talking about but then I went out to get some water I over heard them mention my name so I decide to stay still and listen to what they're talking about and why did they mention me. So ofcourse they were talking shit about me how I create all these stress to myself. How I take so much care and favor my nephew who's my younger sister son and always yell at their kids. How kuv ua qhov muag dub txig rau nkawv. But that's not how I am. First of all I never needed their care for my stress, I will deal with it myself. Second. I took special care for my nephew cause it's my job, I get paid for it. Besides he's the only nephew who isn't that naughty, who listens to me whenever I told him not to be nAughty, for him to pick up his toy and throw his trash in the trash can. Do I see their kids do that when I ask them to? No. So ofcourse i'll favor him more. Third, I do not always ua qhov muag dub txig at them. I do do it at certain times cause they don't clean and cook. So ofcourse I'll get pissed too. Plus I said it before I don't like to speak much so I'll mostly have a long face which they always misunderstood that I hate them. I don't clear that up because they've been living with me for more than ten years they should have known I've always been like this. So like I said to myself, my own problem I don't need them to get involve, their problem, don't complain about me or my family, if you're a good nyab then all these thing you wouldn't be saying but ua Siab loj xwb. But I don't get why my mom still favor them more than me. Ofcourse she might be afraid that one day I'll go then she will have to depend on them that's why she's always being nice to them. But so what? Even if there's ever a day I'm marry, I would never left them behind. I would still love them and take care of them. Anyways just want to get this off my chest. I really wish I will never ever forget this and will never forgive them, but with this short term memory of mind, I'll probably forgot it by tomorrow and be nice to them like usual again. I really hate to play as the good person but I guess this is my bad luck. I don't know why I always forget the bad things they said about me and my family and forgive them. I really wish I can keep grudges against them but I just can't remember to do so. I'm too tire of being the nice one here.

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
I just recently became a nyab like three months ago and I love my in-laws very much. My mother-in-law and father-in-law are extremely different from my parents but I'm getting through and I'm not talking smack (in my opinion). I mean, people ask me constantly "So how does it feel? Do you like your new family?" or "Is it awkward? Are they mean to you?" But I just tell them what I honestly think, which, in my opinion is nothing bad. I reply and say it's different, I mean I come from a family that talks and yells and we're not very affectionate. But my in-laws only like for people to talk nice, no bad words, soft voices, everyone's nice and caring. My father-in-law is a very picky eater and he has a short temper but I don't intend to make it sound like I'm smack-talking about it. Maybe she doesn't know she's like that, or maybe your sister-in-law doesn't really love your nephew enough to know how to care for his family too. She was more than likely not even ready to be a daughter-in-law in my opinion because when you get married into a family (especially as a Hmong girl), you have to know that you are to love your husband's family as your own and they have to become first priority over your biological parents. I'm still adjusting to that part even now; how do you expect a daughter (more soft-hearted than guys, normally) to grow up with her family and love them to the deepest of their hearts and when they get married, tell them that they have to love someone else's family more? Another thing is, your nephew probably never really brought her around so she could bond with you guys before they married. My husband brought me to his family events from time to time (not like I went every time to be like "Oh~~, I'm going to be your daughter-in-law; I'm so great with such a thick-face I'm prancing around"); it helped a little. I'm only nineteen, and I got married a month AFTER I turned nineteen (it's not much of a gap from your nyab but I'm way different). She wasn't ready to be a daughter-in-law yet and obviously she hasn't grown up from the girly high-school stage where everybody calls each other a b/tch and everybody talks smack about everybody. The best thing to do, rather than ruin your nephew's life by starting back at her, is to just ignore it and move on with your life. If you're not doing anything bad like she's going around saying, then just keep doing what you're doing and don't let the things she says get to you. If someone's like "Oh, I heard your nyab say that you guys are like this and this to her and like that and that; that's so mean of you guys." People are going to believe what they want, you throw your side of the story out there, your nyab throws her story out there, then people just pick and choose. Just let it go.

I'm not saying that your feelings or opinions don't matter and you should just forget about it, but just don't let it get to you. It's the best way to avoid trouble.