Hmong writing

aychenneres

sarNie Hatchling
yeah, it's hmong writing, but it's not universally accepted. the one hmongs are using now was developed by a french man, thus the roman alphabet.

vilasaeng

sarNie Juvenile
I'm not really fond of the Hmong..There's are many people especially the Hmong people are trying to prove their true existinse..... The writing is not really proven yet that's it Hmong, but many Hmong believe that it's their writing.... Many other literturer and historian are trying to prove if Hmong ever did had a written language.... Because from many of their studies told by the Hmong elder through oral never did mention any such things... but in China... there were prove that told Hmong did once exist but vanish and then then show up again in history....

Correct me if I'm wrong...

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
QUOTE(Mee_123 @ Oct 16 2005, 08:34 PM)
heheh if thats our writing, hella kool then.

no thurr...that is our riting..zoo li nej nab tos hmoob tsis muaj teb chaws.

I agree...instead of backing it up...people keep on criticizing it and saying that Hmong people are always copying other people...BUT isn't that how everyone else progressed...I mean we learn things from one another...right? I'm sure we just didn't learn how to talk out of the blues...

Chewy

Natty's #1 FAN!
some say that is the True hmong writing....but i don't know...but all i know is that my grandpa could read and write like that...... :)

cecilia

Staff member
huh?..that i have never seen..always thought we use the abc letter..but then think about it..we're from china..wouldnt' be alittle more like chinese..not like some arabic writing?..

cecilia

Staff member
^seriously..connie..i been doubting my mind..

i'm a khang..you're a khang..do we know each other?..beside the fact that you know nancyvang..lol..

mmm0403

sarNie Juvenile
anyone who doesn't know much about hmong history should read "Hmong: History of A People" by Keith Quincy. There are a lot of interesting theories/information in the book. it's sad that we let other people write our history.

gloria

sarNie Juvenile
well...if u were to date back in time when the very first hmong existed...there was no written language...only oral...but throughout the centuries...hmong came up with their own writing...probably back in china...and they lost it afterwards..so yes..that is part of the hmong writing like hundreds of years ago...the written language that we follow now is the roman alphabet...a french guy came up with that...my uncle was a teacher back then and that was the written language that he taught to his students...

FrozenPearl

sarNie Egg
I doubt its hmong's writing long before the one we have now. the one we had now where established by a French who taught us on our hmong writing since he's pretty good at hmong language. I heard that he's in Thailand but pass away couple years ago.

mokka

sarNie Adult
yeap, thats our writing...i print it out and took it to my mom and asked her about it. she said that, its our writing. not a lot of people knows about it but some older people still know how to read it.

I remember a long time ago... My dad has this one vdo that taught how to write those letters. It was said that long time ago hmong people did have writings of their own but was later lost. Then to wat i remember some hmong people tried to recreate the writing best to their own knowledge. YUP! I watched it once with my dad... Weird and interesting too... kekeke...

kellylis

sarNie Hatchling
yeah it is hmong... My friend studied that for a couple of years... I dont know them but I saw them around a couple of times...

forevertogether

sarNie Egg
I don't think it's hmong writing becasue the hmong language has always only been
a spoken language and not a written language until recently...the writings above look more thai...so it might be an early developement of thai writing in history.
it is hmong writing...there also a story to of how this writing start...he was assassinated by the hmong people who betray him...during that time the secret war were on...plus the hmong caub fab even used these letters during the secret war too. That what my parent tell me..well only some hmong people know these hmong letters. plus my mom also learn these letters too...