Hmong people exist in Australia!

Reagan

sarNie Adult
The Hmong, a minority group from Laos, began arriving in Australia in 1976, having fled their country after the communists came into power in Laos in May, 1975. Their population in Australia is very small even within the Southeast Asian population. By 1983 the number of Hmong in Australia had only reached 344 [1], even though by 1981, 47,000 refugees from Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia had already been accepted into this country [2]. Today the total population of Hmong in Australia is about one thousand six hundred. Most Hmong refugees have settled in the eastern capital cities of Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart, Adelaide and Canberra and more recently, in the Cairns and Innisfail region of Far North Queensland [3-5].

Source: http://home.vicnet.net.au/~lao/laostudy/hmongnsw.htm

woo hoo I hope i can meet a hmong for the very first time!

Kelly

I'm sure were all over eehe....I was surprise to hear at first that we got some relatives in "France" lol so now I jus believe that were all over aaha!

bugsy

sarNie Adult
lols ray....your such a dork. Aren't I suppose to be the first hmong to meet you? GAwsh! lols..i kid. But yea....we're all over ray. We are watching youuuuuuu.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
shaddy said:
i live in australia!>.....for real..=)
[post="165301"][/post]​

leek18 said:
guess what? Somchai was in Dao pictures well i think that dude that play Dao half brothers is Somchai brothers too
[post="165389"][/post]​
ARE YOU REALLIE FROM AUSTRALIA?
:blink: KEWL!

1-lUv3-y0u

Sticky Rice
ahah yeshh i know don't you know hmong people live aalll over the world some of my cousins live in Australia they once came to visit us...yess....I'd wanna go to Australia one day....one day -_-

Reagan

sarNie Adult
"lols ray....your such a dork. Aren't I suppose to be the first hmong to meet you? GAwsh! lols..i kid. But yea....we're all over ray. We are watching youuuuuuu."

are you hmong bao lol

bugsy

sarNie Adult
azngurlo07 said:
My cousins live there. They came up here for the tournament.

I love their accent.
[post="166809"][/post]​
i know huh? Aussie accent is hott. And your cousins...when they speak in hmong...is there an accent too? I wanna hear how that would sound. It'd be cool!

1-lUv3-y0u

Sticky Rice
ooh do they?? I don't remeber we have some cousincs in Au. but it's been a long time since we had contact with them and last time I saw them was....some time back :lmao:

queeny_bee

sarNie Juvenile
my brother marry my sister in law and she's from australia. they met online!! lols! but she's actually like my 4th or 5th cousin too... crazy huh? yeah, so i know there's hmong ppls in australia. my sister in law has been here for about two years and she still has her austrialian accent.

Reagan

sarNie Adult
well when you girls talk in laos its normal, but when in english its got the american accent, and damn right we got aussie accent, matey!