Hmong people exist in Australia!

sulad

sarNie Adult
OMG! Reagan you seriously didn't know theres Hmong people that live in Australia! HAHAHA! No wonder I say you're slow! HAHAHA! LOL!

rainie_vang

sarNie Juvenile
oh yeah, i know that hmong people live in australia..
taht's because instead of sending my uncle to the US
UN sending him to australia and some hmong
people over (which is our cousin) is sponsoring him.

bv83

sarNie Egg
The Hmong, a minority group from Laos, began arriving in Australia in 1976, having fled their country after the communists came into power in Laos in May, 1975. Their population in Australia is very small even within the Southeast Asian population. By 1983 the number of Hmong in Australia had only reached 344 [1], even though by 1981, 47,000 refugees from Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia had already been accepted into this country [2]. Today the total population of Hmong in Australia is about one thousand six hundred. Most Hmong refugees have settled in the eastern capital cities of Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart, Adelaide and Canberra and more recently, in the Cairns and Innisfail region of Far North Queensland [3-5].

Source: http://home.vicnet.net.au/~lao/laostudy/hmongnsw.htm

woo hoo I hope i can meet a hmong for the very first time!

this is funny! i thought everyone knew all along that hmongs' destination after the vietnam war was australia, france, and the u.s?

Vic*Town

sarNie Egg
wow, that's very precious and generous to hear of. our hmong people are beautiful. we live all over the world. maybe one day, we can all unite with love.

i just hope that our Hmong population will continue to grow and expand with success and happiness. No more persecution from Communist Laos Party.