Hmong New Year

lil_babe

sarNie Hatchling
hey everyone...i'm in California and Hmong New Year is coming this Nov. and Dec. i don't know if other states already had their Hmong New Year Celebration, but ours in Fresno and Sacto. is coming so who think they're going and what do you look for in Hmong New Year Celeb?? :p

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
Hm...what do I look for? FOOD FOOD and more FOOD!!! LOL...sometimes just to check out the guys...you know...meet up with friends...dance performances...but for it, it's mainly the FOOD!!! Hmong sausage with sticky rice and pepper on the side...some fried bananas..."na wa"...& Payaya salad...

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
Oh...Chico already had theirs...this weekend is Oroville's...Stockton (my town) is on the beginning of November...Sacramento's is on mid November...Merced's is on early December and Fresno's is the week of Christmas!!!

jekki2chipo

sarNie Hatchling
Ceda, I'm with you, I stopped going like 5 years ago. I just go the first and last day for the food and of course cause my mommy forces me to go buy stuff for her and my daddy drags me to the soccer games.

So my main purpose, FOOD, FOOD, and more FOOD. I love the payaya salad.

The only thing that really sucks the past few years, is well the admission fee, it's like every year it goes up and up and up.
The entertainment, umm what entertainment? You get hmong singers, who can't even sing, and girls who try to dance to korean songs, and you get fobby looking dudes trying to mack on you, and last but not least, you get the wannabe gangsters who just wanna pick a fight with others.

That's the reason why i only go the first day, I'll be at the soccer field, sitting in my lounge chair, sipping coconut juice playing games on my laptop and screaming while watching the soccer game, then after a couple matches, i'll be sent to get food for my dad and brother's soccer team and after that, umm off to the movies (where i really feel at home).

Then on the last day, I go for the food of course and see if they got any good deals on vdos, cause my mommy usually sends me out on the last day. i'm pretty good at bargaining with the OGs.

But hey i'm hitting up the Merced and Fresno ones, whoever is gonna be there, maybe we could meet and just hang or how most hmong girls would say, "LET'S GO PLAY"

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
heheeh.. me too.. i go 4 food.. yum yum yum... papaya salad with sticky rice.. along with chicken and hmong sausage.. hmmm....

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
But hey i'm hitting up the Merced and Fresno ones, whoever is gonna be there, maybe we could meet and just hang or how most hmong girls would say, "LET'S GO PLAY"
[post="23026"][/post]​
[/quote]

Yeah...we should definitely do that!!! It'll be fun...maybe we can walk around and criticize about the Hmong movies and the Thai movies that are dubbed in Hmong...hehe...

I'm in Wausau, WI. The New Year here is Nov. 5th & 6th. I used to go for the movies but once I found out that I could order the original online I stopped. :p And the food also, although over here, the food is so :p but yah.. well where ever you may go, may all ya have fun:)

anti-hmong

sarNie Hatchling
i used to go for the cds...but i found out that they rip you off...haha...and plus parking's a rip off...entrance fee is a rip off...pretty much everything is a rip off...haha...as for the food...i can go to the closest hmong store and they'll have food there...lol...and cds...i can buy those online for a cheaper price

cuti3gurl

sarNie Egg
heck yes! ill be going to sac...i live in sac so yea...haha....but then i dont really feel like going.....maybe cuz people start tooo many fights....but ey i go for the yummy food!! papaya....and ka poob....tooo lazy to make it myself haha....i think my cousins and i MIGHT dance this year....but they're not sure....my friend is going with me too....shes viet...she wanna check out hmong dudes....haha....but dude there is like old dudes coming up to you and macking on you...cant stand tat....maybe thats why i dont want to go but iono.....i was planning to go to chico new year but i heard it sucked....might go to fresno new year too! :]

Captainlover

sarNie Elites
this is the first time that i stay at the new for only 2 hours than come back home cause of some people want to go home so bad that i have to come home. But i brought Pepper and Fan lakorn 1 to 4 on DVD i guess its not bad but i just don't like that they don't use pepper and puri name.

calla

sarNie Adult
lolz...i haven't gone to the new year for about 5-6 years now. its so boring cause i don't know how to pov pob....ehhe. :lol:

oil_yui

sarNie Adult
wow...calla you haven't been to the new year for 5-6 years now?........that's impossible.. :lol: for me, new year was the fun thing....'cause i love to go and watch the performance........and the yummy food.........and the new movies.....and the cd's......i just can't wait till it's fresno new year........

calla

sarNie Adult
yeah, its true....oil_yui never been there such alongggg time. i don't like going...or might be just because i have no friends (they all left me for married) :wavecry:
same as the soccer tournament here in st.paul.....haven't been there for about 4 yaers. so all my family and cousin would call me a home girl...ehhee :rolleyes:

sulad

sarNie Adult
I'm going the Minnesota..hahaha..cause i love there...but i'm also going to the Minneplois, to support my people...:D

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
cuti3gurl said:
heck yes! ill be going to sac...i live in sac so yea...haha....but then i dont really feel like going.....maybe cuz people start tooo many fights....but ey i go for the yummy food!! papaya....and ka poob....tooo lazy to make it myself haha....i think my cousins and i MIGHT dance this year....but they're not sure....my friend is going with me too....shes viet...she wanna check out hmong dudes....haha....but dude there is like old dudes coming up to you and macking on you...cant stand tat....maybe thats why i dont want to go but iono.....i was planning to go to chico new year but i heard it sucked....might go to fresno new year too! :]
[post="23957"][/post]​

I think you and your friends should definitely perform for the new years...I used to perform all kinds of dances at the new years...you know what I hate though...people criticizing the dancers...I mean is not like they could any better cause if they could then why aren't they up there on the stage? You know what I mean? They should at least appreciate us for contributing to the new years...

kalaya

sarNie Egg
lil_babe said:
hey everyone...i'm in California and Hmong New Year is coming this Nov. and Dec. i don't know if other states already had their Hmong New Year Celebration, but ours in Fresno and Sacto. is coming so who think they're going and what do you look for in Hmong New Year Celeb?? :p
[post="22850"][/post]​
rau li koj tag hmoob thiab li tsis muaj teb chaws hos...

shana pakim

sarNie Adult
lil_babe said:
[post="22850"][/post]​

i was think that i was going to go because my sister is there but don't have the money to go this year hope next year i can go...and at the hmong new year i look for movies and music...

nence

sarNie Juvenile
we just had our hmong new year like a couple weeks ago in november like the 11 and the 12. it was quite boring... i mean, it's not as big as the one in minnesota or in california.

1-lUv3-y0u

Sticky Rice
The new year here it's not gonna happen unti; Dec. 10 but according to my dad he say I get to go to the Fresno New Year bu usually I always wound up staying home I just go there to buy stuff eat and get FAT >.<