hmong movie....

kalaya

sarNie Egg
hey every one i was just wondering wat kind of movie do you like to watch? becasue now a day hmong don't really have any interseting movie at all. so i was just wondering..to me i like romantica and comedy..wat about you guys... lets shar our thoughts about hmong movie....

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
ok///wat i like to watch about hmong movies the most r when it was kinda a legend....cuz it gives us bg about our culture...also, i like it when there are a lot of dramas with the characters and lovers...Also, what i really like about all movies are when the peeps can turn into other things....

what i dont like about it is when they have fakea** powers and show some stupida** flying beams.....and i HECKA hate it especially with Ja Iab production is when they have som HECKA STUPID SOUNDEFFECTS...when its not really funny at all......

Mae

sarNie Adult
I like all those Hmong movies that were made in the United States in the early-mid 90s, such at Nkauj Hli & Tswb Yim, Nkauj Ntsum & Tub Tuam, Cua Yaj & Zuag Vaj me nyuam nstuag movie, Kabzuag & Tsheej & Koobmeej movie, Paj Ntsais & Tub Ntxwag movie, etc....movies like those were the best....i think majority of them were produced by Atary T. Xiong's Star Pictures Production, which is no longer in existence...also, some of Xoblaim Production's movies were good back in the days too.....i miss these movies....Hmong movies nowadays really suck except for Herr's Video Production and Moua Lee films.....

if-only

sarNie Hatchling
yeah i like those old hmong dramas too.... but i like watch the sad orphan drama because that's were i think the hmong ppl are hmong strongest at acting... those sad parts. lol.... but i wouldn't mind watching something else as long as it have a good storyline.... what i absolutely hate is those movie w/ powers! ewwie.... those powers just don't cut it... but now a days nobody can act with the exception of a few anyways...

mokka

sarNie Adult
I like all those Hmong movies that were made in the United States in the early-mid 90s, such at Nkauj Hli & Tswb Yim, Nkauj Ntsum & Tub Tuam, Cua Yaj & Zuag Vaj me nyuam nstuag movie, Kabzuag & Tsheej & Koobmeej movie, Paj Ntsais & Tub Ntxwag movie, etc....movies like those were the best....i think majority of them were produced by Atary T. Xiong's Star Pictures Production, which is no longer in existence...also, some of Xoblaim Production's movies were good back in the days too.....i miss these movies....Hmong movies nowadays really suck except for Herr's Video Production and Moua Lee films.....

I agreed with you, Mae.. Hmong movies now a day sucks...

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
yea...so far a lot of people cant really do crying scenes....but tub yaj n mab sua lis can really look like theyre crying...which makes the movie look a lot better cuz i hate it when people use their hands and jus RUB THEIR EYES.......but i dont like it when u overdo the crying scenes n cry when u dont need to cry....ESPECIALLY that lil girl who played TUB YAJs daughter....

lovebird_tmi

sarNie Hatchling

i agree w/ you, until that last sentence...i can do w/o almost all the hmong movies nowadays... but the old-folk love them. Power to the PPL! :D

pinkyang

sarNie Juvenile
i want to see more drama!!!he he he....and i want to see more of TUB YAJ and
LEE LOR!!!!..OMG....just thinking about it makes me want to write the story....i think is would be sooo cute...just like GOONG....two hot guys together in the movie....he he he..

I REALLY WANT TO SEE MORE HMONG MOVIES IN DRAMA!!!!!^_^

beamie

sarNie Hatchling
well, i for one, HATE/DESPISE those orphan movies....there is A LOT of emotion in them, but if you cut it down, it's always the SAME storyline, and i just hate it....i think the only orphan one i really really really liked and cried like crazy was the one that E.T. Yang starred in....TSIS MUAJ CHAW COG SIAB...or sumthing like that...yea, i cried my eyeballs crazy the first 2 parts....

i also HATE those dumb NKAUJ ZUAG PAJ movies.....they bugged the heck outta me...those randomly magic powers that you can suck up from drinking from a leaf??? yea right...

OH! A NOTE...HAVE ANYONE SEEN COOJ THOJ'S MOVIE WITH THAT VUE CHICK?? I don't remember what it's called...but dang...that movie sucks ass....i'll even tell you why....the little boy in the beginning (portraying Coob's role) falls in love with a girl....well, the little boy is probably like 6 and the girl is like 13....the boy is SOOOOOOO skinny and the girl is HUGE...it looked so awkward to see the little boy holding the girl....UGH...it was HORRIBLE!!! plus the height was just NOT CLOSE...the boy was wayyyyyyyyyyy shorter than the girl...ugh...don't buy that movie...

anyways, the movies i really like are movies that will keep me interested....i'm into tragic/sad love stories now, so i LOVE watching Herlinda's movies....also Moua Lee.....

I've been watching Tou Yang's TXOJ KEV HLUB KHAUB LIG CUA (The Innocent Cyclone)....well, it's not THAT bad...the camera movements are awesome but the storyline is somewhat confusing...the acting is much more believable though....it's just the kissing is SOOOOOOOOOO fake and they all look uncomfertable....NO CHEMISTRY IN KISSING SCENES, so that ruins it....hahahahha.....but it's not bad....

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
well, i for one, HATE/DESPISE those orphan movies....there is A LOT of emotion in them, but if you cut it down, it's always the SAME storyline, and i just hate it....i think the only orphan one i really really really liked and cried like crazy was the one that E.T. Yang starred in....TSIS MUAJ CHAW COG SIAB...or sumthing like that...yea, i cried my eyeballs crazy the first 2 parts....

i also HATE those dumb NKAUJ ZUAG PAJ movies.....they bugged the heck outta me...those randomly magic powers that you can suck up from drinking from a leaf??? yea right...

OH! A NOTE...HAVE ANYONE SEEN COOJ THOJ'S MOVIE WITH THAT VUE CHICK?? I don't remember what it's called...but dang...that movie sucks ass....i'll even tell you why....the little boy in the beginning (portraying Coob's role) falls in love with a girl....well, the little boy is probably like 6 and the girl is like 13....the boy is SOOOOOOO skinny and the girl is HUGE...it looked so awkward to see the little boy holding the girl....UGH...it was HORRIBLE!!! plus the height was just NOT CLOSE...the boy was wayyyyyyyyyyy shorter than the girl...ugh...don't buy that movie...

anyways, the movies i really like are movies that will keep me interested....i'm into tragic/sad love stories now, so i LOVE watching Herlinda's movies....also Moua Lee.....

I've been watching Tou Yang's TXOJ KEV HLUB KHAUB LIG CUA (The Innocent Cyclone)....well, it's not THAT bad...the camera movements are awesome but the storyline is somewhat confusing...the acting is much more believable though....it's just the kissing is SOOOOOOOOOO fake and they all look uncomfertable....NO CHEMISTRY IN KISSING SCENES, so that ruins it....hahahahha.....but it's not bad....
tub yajs innocent cyclone...i dont kno if itll b good but yea...i saw a part where sum guy shot tub yaj with a gun...AND OMG!!! u kno how the bullet is supposed to travel to his body...WELL..it was like a stick of smoke in animated form just hitting him....it LOOKED HECKA GAY....

and yea..the kissing does look fake..like when tub yaj kissed mab sua lis...HECKA FAKE..she and he wasnt even diggin it...

beamie

sarNie Hatchling
yea...that's why i don't think Hmong ppl should be kissing in movies.....THEY FRIGGEN HAVE NO CHEMISTRY...and the girls don't look like they are comfertable with it....it looks DISGUSTING cause the guy's all over the lady...ugh...disgusting....

the only kissing scene i think i saw chemistry in was in Moua Lee's NKAUJ HLI TXOG HMOO.....at the end...but hell....Coob Thoj is a HORRIBLE kisser....you should see him kiss that vue lady in that movie i was talking about.....HE SUCKS BIG TIME!!! IT'S LIKE HE'S GONNA GOBBLE UP HER TOUNGE OR SOMTHING...GROSS!!!

lala209

sarNie Hatchling
HONESTLY, MOST OF THEM HMONG MOVIES DOES HAVE THE SAME STORY LINE SUCH AS... RICH GIRL FEEL IN LOVE WITH POOR GUY, ORPHAN BOY/GIRL, AND BLAH BLAH BLAH... BUT DIRECTOR MOUA LEE'S FILM... EVEN THOUGH SOME OFF THEM DOES HAVE THE SOME STORY LINE, HE PUTS A LITTLE EXTRA INTO IT AND MAKES IT BETTER. PLUS, THE PICTURE QUALITIES AND SOUND EFFECT ARE SO MUCH BETTER THEN THEM OTHER CHEAP DIRECTORS OUT THERE... NO OFFENSE :blush:

ADD TO THAT, SU THAO'S VIDEO PRODUCTION IS ALSO GOOD. HE CAN TOTALLY PUT A LAUGH IN SOME OF HIS MOVIES EXAMPLE: "MOB NIAM YAU" STARRING BEE MONKEY AND DON'T KNOW IF YOU GUYS SEEN THIS MOVIE BUT I THINK THE TITLE IS CALLED "DAB ME THIAB LIV NYUAG" <--- TOTALLY MISSPELL, I THINK THAT MOVIE IS REALLY REALLY GOOD. IT'S NOTHING LIKE ANY OTHER HMONG MOVIES.

AND I STRONGLY AGREE WITH MAE BUT WHEN I GO BACK AND WATCH THOSE MOVIES, THE ACTINGS ARE VERY POOR AND TO ME... IT'S VERY CHEESY!

View My Video

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
hey every one i was just wondering wat kind of movie do you like to watch? becasue now a day hmong don't really have any interseting movie at all. so i was just wondering..to me i like romantica and comedy..wat about you guys... lets shar our thoughts about hmong movie....
as for me, somethin' like korean & taiwanese movies/series.. interest me & i don't mind spending $50+.. as long as it's good but hmong movies these days don't interest me at all.. expect, the movie by link picture ~ aka~ "superglue"...

hmong movies in laos/thailand needs better scenes..housing & stuff like that..

hmong movies in the U.S.. actor & actress over-react.. & they dress too formal.. unnessary!

~just my opinion.. :yahoo:

SweetAngel21

sarNie Juvenile
well I miss watching the old movie too..hehe...I miss watching the zuag vaj and cua yaj movie....and the one koobmeej when he came to usa for singing then at the end he went back to thailand to look for his wife and daughter missing watching those movie......well I have the one tswb yim and nkauj hli I still watch them all the time... -_-

Mae

sarNie Adult
well I miss watching the old movie too..hehe...I miss watching the zuag vaj and cua yaj movie....and the one koobmeej when he came to usa for singing then at the end he went back to thailand to look for his wife and daughter missing watching those movie......well I have the one tswb yim and nkauj hli I still watch them all the time... -_-
Hey that was a Tub Muaj Koob Lis movie..i remember he came to the USA for a concert and start messing around/fell in love with an Hmong American girl, enjoying the good life in the USA. While back at home his wife and daughter were suffering and had no money, they had to work for others to make money..a sad part was when they had nothing to eat and the little girl picked up bones that dogs had been eating to lick it....but yeah, that was a really good movie...

By the way...I really can't stand Coob Thoj anymore...he sounds way too fake when he talks....he talks all too nice with such a soothing voice...it just doesn't sound normal...as for Tub Yaj...he always has loads of makeup on which makes him look gross in movies....eww....

onceagain

sarNie Hatchling
I like the romance ones. But I starting to get sick watching the same plot over and over. Lately hmong producers have been focusing on the poor/rich girl thing. I would like to see something new.

As for now the comdey seems like the thing in the hmong movie industry now. There's a lot of those types of movie out. The two one I saw recently is Blaum Lwm Blaum Liam and Hlub Koj Tsis Muaj Nqis. Those two are pretty good.

The romance in Blaum Lwm Bluam Liam is not the ordinary rich/poor thing love kind of thing. It's more of jealousy, loving someone who don't have the same feelings, loving someone to only lose them at end. The producer didn't focus much on the love of the kids life b/c I think this movie is more of a comdey so they focus more on that...the parents life...but at the end it looks like there might be a continuation on the love of Tub Npis and Yaj Yuam...I hope so. I would love to see what happens in their life with out eachother.

As for Hlub Koj Tsis Muaj Nqis....the comedy is pretty funny too but I really liked the romance in there. It's pretty heart breaking. It's about two person who love eachother deeply but didn't understand one another enough...leading the guy to let the girl go....the girl not wanting to let him go and not understanding how his love could change so quick with all the years they had toegether. There's still part two...I still yet have to see that.

if-only

sarNie Hatchling
man link picture's Blaum Lwm Bluam Liam was kinda a dissappointment b/c they continued w/ the same noj nom phaj which is soooooooo old and didn't go good with this drama! and the acting, dude the girl needs to show more epressions in this movie half of the time it's either she's happy or sad looking and that it's it. no good acting at all. lol and it's funny when i see the chacater from khib ciaj khib tuag in here like his friend lol! as for Xab.... lol he's as good as always but he needs a haircut... lol.. i was hoping that link pictures would have HNUB LIS (Hli from khib ciaj khib tuag) show up at the end and save Bee (Xab's character) from living a lonely life... but guess not. i was gonna buy their other one w/ xab thoj but i didn't know who the lead girl was b/c they have HNUB LIS name on the cover and another girl's name but they didn't have a picture of the girl on the cover... so i didn't know so i didn't buy.