Hmong Labor Day Tournament

Mae

sarNie Adult
The dates are September 2-3, 2006 in Wisconsin. Words has it that Wisconsin's Labor Day Tournament has been moved from its original location of Green Bay to Oshkosh, Wisconsin! I can't believe they moved it...has anyone heard this too? And anyone planning on going?

snow

sarNie Egg
It's not true. Greenbay will have a tournament at the same place as usual. Oshkosh is having one also so they are trying to trick people into going to their. I just comfirmed with my mom who already registered to be a vendor at the tournament in Greenbay.

mokka

sarNie Adult
from what i heard, GB will have one too, but the one in oshkosh is where general vang pao will show up.

Mae

sarNie Adult
I'm confused now!!! Where is this Labor Tourney gonna be????? And which one is where people are gonna wear Hmogn clothes to??? Well, it GVP is going to Oshkosh then I would expect more people to be at Oshkosh....anyways, anyone know???

queeny_bee

sarNie Juvenile
i heard about it too. i don't think it's possible to JUST have it in Oshkosh. GB always have one... i would think that it'll have it again. but my cousin from oshkosh told me that it's been moved to oshkosh. well, please let us all know. we wouldn't want to drive to gb and find out that there isn't one. lols.

hamerica

sarNie Hatchling
I am not sure, but this is what I know. The one at Oshkosh is the usual one that held every year at Green Bay. For some reason there was another guy that rented the place in Green Bay for another tournament, so he have to move it to Oshkosh.

snow

sarNie Egg
I saw the poster today and it's still the same people that are having the tournament at GB. Most people are going to GB because the one at Oshkosh is smaller and they don't let the vendors leave their stuff overnight so there are not many vendors.

Mae

sarNie Adult
snow said:
I saw the poster today and it's still the same people that are having the tournament at GB. Most people are going to GB because the one at Oshkosh is smaller and they don't let the vendors leave their stuff overnight so there are not many vendors.
[post="151475"][/post]​
That's quite odd..because my aunt and uncle always make a store every year in Oshkosh and they sleep at the park with all their items.....anyways..i still wanna know more about which one's gonna be the bigger one....i keep hearing that Labor Day tourney definitely has been moved to Oshkosh.....but then i hear GB is having one too..awww....dont' know where to go then...

mokka

sarNie Adult
i think there are different ppl doing the labor day tournament that was always held in GB, thats why it was moved to Oshkosh... as for the labor day in GB, some ppls feel that its wrong since it was always in GB so the person that rented the place for the GB is trying to see if there will be ppl coming to the GB regardless if GVP show up or not... but yeah..
i don't know which one will have more ppls.. but a lot of ppls i talked to, said that oshkosh has a bigger field... so yeah...

I'm going to go to the oshkosh one to see how it is, if its worth 4 dollars then i might go to the tournament both days, if not then i'll probably go to the gB... its probably cheaper... so yeah..

ps. sorry if its a bit confusing...

Mae

sarNie Adult
More info:

The annual yearly Labor Day Tournament which has been held every year in GB has officially been moved to Oshkosh, WI!!!! General Vang Pao and the Hmong official or organizations who've always ran the GB Labor Day Tourney will be in Oshkosh.

The people who are holding the GB tourney during Labor Day weekend is the National Sports & Performing Arts Federation (HNSPAF) Incorporation, a for-profit organization, locally owned and operated since 1991. This will be their very 1st Annual Labor Day Weekend event during September 2nd & 3rd, 2006 at Green Bay, WI.

So, it's official and confirmed that the Labor Day Tourney held every year in GB will be in Oshkosh on September 2nd & 3rd!

Mae

sarNie Adult
Updated news!
More info:

The annual yearly Labor Day Tournament which has been held every year in GB has officially been moved to Oshkosh, WI!!!! General Vang Pao and the Hmong official or organizations who've always ran the GB Labor Day Tourney will be in Oshkosh.

The people who are holding the GB tourney during Labor Day weekend is the National Sports & Performing Arts Federation (HNSPAF) Incorporation, a for-profit organization, locally owned and operated since 1991. This will be their very 1st Annual Labor Day Weekend event during September 2nd & 3rd, 2006 at Green Bay, WI.

So, it's official and confirmed that the Labor Day Tourney held every year in GB will be in Oshkosh on September 2nd & 3rd!

Sharona

sarNie Hatchling
Mae said:
Updated news!
More info:

[post="154185"][/post]​
Just as Mae has said here, the original Labor Day Tourney held every year in GB will be held in Oshkosh this year. According to my dad, who is part of the committee, the one in GB is held by the same person who does the Memorial and 4th of July tournaments.

The reason why they moved the tournament from GB to Oshkosh is because the rental fee for the park is too expensive. So, to make things easier and cheaper, they moved it to Oshkosh. FREE parking here in Oshkosh, and only 4 bucks per person. What a deal eh?

hehe... So don't miss the BIG Labor Day Tourney in Oshkosh this year.

anjos

kool...which mean....I dont have to drive that far..... Oshkosh is only 3 hours alway from where I live..... yah.......thanks ya...for all the information.....

Mae

sarNie Adult
Mee_123 said:
awe...but isn't Oshkosh smaller than GB...?
will that mean that we will have less booths?/????
[post="154800"][/post]​
I believe the Hmong official have rented out the entire Winnebago County Park, which is huge compared to GB's Brown County Arena....and the park is very beautiful too....

plain_jane

sarNie Hatchling
That's great news for all of us here in Oshkosh! And yes like Mae said County Park is big if they rented the whole park. It's clean too!