Hmong International Oscars and Top Awards

mmm0403

sarNie Juvenile
Anyone going to the first hmong international oscars and top awards show tomorrow at St. paul river center?

neena

sarNie Adult
i have no idea what this is...this is the first time hearing about it. who are they honoring anyway?

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
What?? Are you serious? Wowness...FINALLY!! I would love to go, but too bad...too far away...will they be showing this on tv??? I meant, the hmong channel or something like that...if someone could record for those that are far away...like me...haha

mmm0403

sarNie Juvenile
the lady that i bought my tickets told me that Mai Lee is coming as well as other singers from abroad and actors are coming. Dr. Tom is on the poster; seems like it's nominated.

It's from 4pm - midnight. I hope it's a good show.

mmm0403

sarNie Juvenile
worst and most boring show ever. it wasn't even an award show. how can they call it an oscar?

just waste of money.

boring boring boring....and just boring.

i'm so mad about the whole show because they were late late late... those people that hosting the show didn't even show up until around 6pm. according to the ticket, the show started at 4pm.

mmm0403

sarNie Juvenile
on the ticket, it says "Hmong International Oscar and Top Awards," but it wasn't even like that. Those hosts and co-hosts, mcs, supposely important people didn't show up until late. the show didn't even start until around 10pm when vang pao show up. all the did from 7pm until 10pm was having two local singers to entertain. the part that annoys me so much is that they always dedicate songs to those people having a doctor degree and people like senator mee moua, and other hmong people that the lao family people respect. there was always dance whenever they dedicate a song to those people. they didn't even dedicate any songs to us people who paid to come see the whole thing.

why did this guy sing most of his songs in thai? it was supposely to be a hmong oscar award show.

the whole thing wasn't organized or professional.

if they said, it started at 4. all the hosting people should show up at 4 and the show should begin at that.

i wanted to see them presenting awards, not watch elder people dance.

overall, it was the worst event ever planned.

the good thing about it is that i got to take pic with kos lis and boun mee lee. they are pretty tall and good looking. these married, older women are so crazy about them.

1-lUv3-y0u

Sticky Rice
mmm0403 said:
the good thing about it is that i got to take pic with kos lis and boun mee lee. they are pretty tall and good looking. these married, older women are so crazy about them.
[post="138698"][/post]​
ahahaha I soooo agree with you the older women are sooo into the Thai men singers I find it a little weird of them I can't eally imagin my mom doing that :lmao:

leek18

sarNie Adult
see, i know that this is going to be stupid. if this is an award or oscar shows then they should do that but not like dedicate songs or watch people dance. hmong people are very stupid don't you know why they start late because it was called the hmong time, for example: when somebody have a meeting or party and they say that "nej noj mov thaum twg nas" and they answer "peb noj mov thaum 12:00 nas" when people arrive and it was 12:00, they haven't eat yet and it was a waste time and that was called the hmong time. if they are doing an award shows they should invited all the hmong actors and actress and singers too well hmong were way to stupid