hmong girls/ guys over sea stories

stephanie

sarNie Adult
i think this post is suppose to be in gossip but idk, who cares, right? something to talk about ^^

so theres this girl who lives over there who wants to marry my uncle, and he's almost 50 or so. any way, she's supposely an orphan and live @ the orphanage and stuff (i think it's a lie. i mean how the hell would she get access to the net and other stuff). any way, he aked my dad, my uncle, and my grandma to help him $1000 dollars each so he can go marry her and stuff (they declined his request until further notice). and im like "whoa! dude! u dont even know her and u wanna get hitch? there's plenty of girls here in america u could marry!" but yea. she must be super desperate to marry someone she dont even know, vice versa.

and here's another story i've mention on sarnworld before. there was this guy who married this girl in oregon and she left him after a year cause he couldnt arouse her enough, ect... he had no relatives here and so my great uncle ended up taking care of him for a bit. now he lives with some roomate in portland, i think.

so, whats ur story u've encounter with desperate people over sea?

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
I mean if the girl really love them I mean its okay, but if she's a gold digger, I rather leave her there n suffer. :coverlaf: but i dunno it depnds on people decision too, we can't stop them.

ayang874

sarNie Hatchling
Haha, I have a few uncles and and distant grandfather figures exactly like that. I think these OG's [women and men] are just going through a mid-life crisis or something. One of my uncles, who's in his late 40's, who been divorced numerous time before and lives on disability money actually begged my parents to co-sponsor his second wife to the US because he didn't have enough money in the bank or whatever. Yeah, but when she finally got here and after three years of marriage and two little kids she started cheating on him with some Mexican dude from work. They divorced and now he's gone back to Laos and remarried another teenage girl and my parents again co-sponsored this wife cuz my parents don't wanna seem greedy. We'll just see if this marriage works out...

I'll give this phenomenon ten more years until it'll slowly start to somewhat die off as the older generation also slowly start to die off. In ten years, I think most Hmong people will have a different perspective and will be more of the current generation and know that those Hmong overseas may be good looking in a fobby way but won't really be able to help you. I love being Hmong but this is definitely one of the things I dislike about Hmong culture, the idea of grandpa's lusting after and being able to marry little teenage girls.

mmm0403

sarNie Juvenile
I have made my decision not to marry a Hmong guy in the USA, because they will eventually go look for little Hmong girls in Laos anyway after 20 something years of marriage. I have made up my mind to marry a Hmong guy from Laos (if not Laos, then Thailand, Cambodia or China is fine) to come live here. I'm not talking about those uneducated men or guys from the entertainment industry. I rather marry a guy from Laos with some educational background than a Hmong guy here who has no brain--so stupid--can easily be fooled by 12 years old girls. Gosh... I feel like these 40s-50s-60s years old men have no brain after their 30s.

I say if the men here so want to marry the girls there, why not just not marry them now, knowing that someday they will go after those girls over there anyway? Why not become like them and go marry one of those guys over there too?

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
I have made my decision not to marry a Hmong guy in the USA, because they will eventually go look for little Hmong girls in Laos anyway after 20 something years of marriage. I have made up my mind to marry a Hmong guy from Laos (if not Laos, then Thailand, Cambodia or China is fine) to come live here. I'm not talking about those uneducated men or guys from the entertainment industry. I rather marry a guy from Laos with some educational background than a Hmong guy here who has no brain--so stupid--can easily be fooled by 12 years old girls. Gosh... I feel like these 40s-50s-60s years old men have no brain after their 30s.

I say if the men here so want to marry the girls there, why not just not marry them now, knowing that someday they will go after those girls over there anyway? Why not become like them and go marry one of those guys over there too?
wow. im impressed that you made up your mind not to married hmong guys in the USA.
im just saying, but even if you married a guy from Laos/Thailand with education. Once you bring them to the U.S. Their education is worth nothing unless you are willing to live with him in Laos/Thailand.

People in Laos marry people in the U.S only, so they can come to the U.S. If it was not for that reason, they wouldn't married them.

I have a cousin, or shall I say Grandpa. He is in his late 50's, after he divorced his wife. He went to Laos to married a girl and when he couldn't bring her here. She divorced him. Slap in the face. =P Anyhow, I'm amazed by how many Hmong American girl's these days are actually going to Laos and Thailand to married Lao and Thailand Hmong guys. Very impressing. For me, for some reason i don't like those Thailand and Lao hmong guys. I can't stand talking to them. I just have different taste i guess lol

Mistspyed

sarNie Egg
wow. im impressed that you made up your mind not to married hmong guys in the USA.
im just saying, but even if you married a guy from Laos/Thailand with education. Once you bring them to the U.S. Their education is worth nothing unless you are willing to live with him in Laos/Thailand.

People in Laos marry people in the U.S only, so they can come to the U.S. If it was not for that reason, they wouldn't married them.

I have a cousin, or shall I say Grandpa. He is in his late 50's, after he divorced his wife. He went to Laos to married a girl and when he couldn't bring her here. She divorced him. Slap in the face. =P Anyhow, I'm amazed by how many Hmong American girl's these days are actually going to Laos and Thailand to married Lao and Thailand Hmong guys. Very impressing. For me, for some reason i don't like those Thailand and Lao hmong guys. I can't stand talking to them. I just have different taste i guess lol

Me too! I'm also impressed. You got some good points. I can't stand talking to Laos guys either. They sound so fake, trying to act and talk extremely nice all the time.I remembered when my sister with to Laos with my parents and they (Hmong Laos people) look down on my sister because they thought she was trying to find a husband there and they were like "there's nobody that wanna marry her, so that's why she came to Laos to find a husband." But at the same time I have the same reaction toward hmong guys in the U.S. as mmm0403. They're stupid and most of them have no self respect for women! A bride's price is only $6,000 and they don't even want to pay? I say a bride's price should be higher! They're willing to pay for a car that cost 12-20 thousand. Our price compares nothing to Thai's price or the price back in the old days (8-10 silver bar for every bride). Until someone proves me wrong I agree with mmm0403, I refused to marry any hmong guy in the U.S. or any hmong guy.
and umm Stephanie just makes sure that your uncle doesn't get scam by that Laos girl!

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
well.. these "marriages" are just a different name for an expensive Laos call-girl. those dudes watch too much hmong music videos.

HuabNag

sarNie Adult
This topic..um..

agree with many of you that some girls and guys over there marry oG over here so they can come here. However this is not always the case if they guy or girl is educated enough to understand life.

If he is educated he wouldn't want to come here because he will have to begin everything all over again. Educate people know what can and can't be, they would't risk to come here just a girl or a guy. America might seems like a heaven place for many, but not all for sure.

I know couple girls marry guy over there who have high education..the guy rather stay here. The girl has to go over there to stay with him..but they are richer than many of us over here..they can travel to other country once year while many over here can't.

mmm0403

sarNie Juvenile

I'm not just marrying him without doing some thinking. Actually, I am currently talking to this guy from Laos. I hate men because I always hear bad things about men or other people's husbands. I guess that's one reason that made me go with guys from across the ocean. If I can love a woman, I would go for girls. Haha... But women are too complicated. It's not gonna happen. I like someone who knows about life more than I do--who knows how to love, respect his wife, family, people, the world, knows hmong customs and cultures etc... more than I do, someone who can make me feel like wow or just don't know what to say or argue back because everything he says is right.

Oh...I decided to date this guy from so far away because I do not want to go live with him, I want him to come live with me. I do not want to get married the traditional way. I'm sorta wanta to marry secretly. Nobody in my family needs to know. Hahaha... Getting married is too embarrassing for me.

No, I'm not marrying some rich dude from Laos. I made everything clear to him. I told him straight that I do not want to live with him but he can live with me.

As for financial wise, I'm not gonna depend on a man.

mmm0403

sarNie Juvenile
Me too! I'm also impressed. You got some good points. I can't stand talking to Laos guys either. They sound so fake, trying to act and talk extremely nice all the time.I remembered when my sister with to Laos with my parents and they (Hmong Laos people) look down on my sister because they thought she was trying to find a husband there and they were like "there's nobody that wanna marry her, so that's why she came to Laos to find a husband." But at the same time I have the same reaction toward hmong guys in the U.S. as mmm0403. They're stupid and most of them have no self respect for women! A bride's price is only $6,000 and they don't even want to pay? I say a bride's price should be higher! They're willing to pay for a car that cost 12-20 thousand. Our price compares nothing to Thai's price or the price back in the old days (8-10 silver bar for every bride). Until someone proves me wrong I agree with mmm0403, I refused to marry any hmong guy in the U.S. or any hmong guy.
and umm Stephanie just makes sure that your uncle doesn't get scam by that Laos girl!

The guys in their mid 30s - 60s - ? guys are stupid. Their brains have died after turning 30, except the educated Hmong USA guys. Their hearts may be dead but at least they have their brains to function. Anyway...the younger guys...my gosh...they confess to you one minute then get married within the next couple of months after you rejected them. Hello? They expect you to like/love them instantly without letting you know about them slowly first.

Things in life are not easy to get. You gotta fight to get what you want/love. That's why I haven't liked anyone in the USA yet. To me, I think they want what's easy to get. They rather eat the rotten apples on the ground than climb to pick the nice and delicious ones at the top. Oh well...good luck...

I picked my path to date and maybe marrying him if I feel like wanting to get married. I don't look so bad. He is not that handsome either. Both of us understand life and hate liars and express the same opinions on many issues. He is a man whom I can respect--the first one. I guess that is why I can marry and live with him.

mmm0403

sarNie Juvenile
This topic..um..

agree with many of you that some girls and guys over there marry oG over here so they can come here. However this is not always the case if they guy or girl is educated enough to understand life.

If he is educated he wouldn't want to come here because he will have to begin everything all over again. Educate people know what can and can't be, they would't risk to come here just a girl or a guy. America might seems like a heaven place for many, but not all for sure.

I know couple girls marry guy over there who have high education..the guy rather stay here. The girl has to go over there to stay with him..but they are richer than many of us over here..they can travel to other country once year while many over here can't.

Many Hmong in Laos are way richer than us here. Just need to be careful when marrying into one of those high class families.
There are some educated guys from poor families. If the guy doesn't want to come here, then I won't bother or have anything to do with him. For sure guys with those attitudes don't love you. If I have to go live with him there, then I might as well marry a guy here in the USA.

Mistspyed

sarNie Egg
I like all of your answers mmm0403! You have good insight! I understand your decision and where you're coming from. The way we think about guys is so stereotypical but it's also very true. Wow, it sounds like the guy you're talking to sounds like an atypical man (in a good way) for you to feel like you want to marry him. Wedding is a beautiful thing/event there's nothing for you to be embarrased about. Starting a life together with someone should be celebrated. You should share it with your love ones. Anyways, I hope everything continues to work well in your relationship and Good-luck!

kulyia

RUK
my mom friend, she married a guy from over there and whenever we see him he gives you the "creepy look" .. And he even told my mom he regrets marrying her because when he came here, he saw that there are so much prettier girls here and his wife is old. he was an orphan too ithink

rukpongalex

sarNie Adult
i seriously dislike the idea of old men and old women marrying overseas. i mean is there not any here in the US that you can marry? why marry such young girls/guys there when you have heard so many stories of not lasting relationships like that. i guess we can only say one out of a thousand will have a good life and the rest are not even worth it.

if i could i wouldn't even marry (US hmong guys or overseas hmong guys) because when you think about it, if they want to marry or date overseas girls they can do it if they set their work to it. we can't really say only certain guys can/do it, guys we don't even think of cheating or marrying overseas does it so who ever says no guys can. if they want to do it they do it whether or not we want them to. this is why i'm single for so long, the stories i have heard and seen of married men just makes me want to stay away from men.

i hate when girls desperately put themselves on the shelf just to come here. i mean what is so good here that they don't have over there? to think about it, i think they have more freedom and can do whatever they want there than over here. If someone send them money, they can already be rich if they know how to save for important things because they don't have as much bills like over here. To me, i wouldn't even put myself on the shelf if i don't have money. as a girl, why are you ruining another hmong girl's life when both of you can end up related to each other. i mean, there are still unmarried guys out there, find someone who's still single like you. stop cheating the old men or old women, felt bad for them but they also still should learn from their mistakes. stop making the same mistake, stop marrying overseas especially if they're way younger than you, what makes you think they'll love you?

I have cousins who call every month for money like we have a lot. Stop counting on us man, we can't even support ourselves/families what makes them think we have enough for them. they're always getting this and that so they're calling asking for money. my uncle even suggest that we take turn sending them money every month, (for example: january- my uncle, february - my family, march - my other uncle, april - my uncle, may - my family), i mean who have money to send to them every month. be realistic, we have a family to take care of including bills (roof, car, car insurance, insurance for house, family insurance, gas, electricity, etc.).

kellylis

sarNie Hatchling
There are too many out there...
I mean there are the ones that marries oversea for love, but those are very rare! I believe there are more of Hmong Laos marrying Hmong Meskas just to come here but those hmong meskas are just too... I don't know the words to describe them... I guess just have no common sense too, because they know no girls or guys over there are really going to love them with the huge age difference but they still believe that its love...
I've heard far too many and do want to share them, but they're all rushing through my head that it's hard to concentrate on just one right now. Be right later to share the ones that I've heard about.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
I'm not just marrying him without doing some thinking. Actually, I am currently talking to this guy from Laos. I hate men because I always hear bad things about men or other people's husbands. I guess that's one reason that made me go with guys from across the ocean. If I can love a woman, I would go for girls. Haha... But women are too complicated. It's not gonna happen. I like someone who knows about life more than I do--who knows how to love, respect his wife, family, people, the world, knows hmong customs and cultures etc... more than I do, someone who can make me feel like wow or just don't know what to say or argue back because everything he says is right.

Oh...I decided to date this guy from so far away because I do not want to go live with him, I want him to come live with me. I do not want to get married the traditional way. I'm sorta wanta to marry secretly. Nobody in my family needs to know. Hahaha... Getting married is too embarrassing for me.

No, I'm not marrying some rich dude from Laos. I made everything clear to him. I told him straight that I do not want to live with him but he can live with me.

As for financial wise, I'm not gonna depend on a man.
You are one person funny. hehe
Not to bash you on here but its quite interesting what you said here. i mean everyone do have a different perspective in life. :)

Don't want a traditional wedding? and why do you want to get married secretly? you want your man into culture and stuff, but your not. he's going to want a wedding, if he knows about life more than you. and why is it embarrassing to get married? lol your family is going to find out, if you ever bring him around anyway. hehe and like someone said above me, "Wedding is a beautiful thing/event there's nothing for you to be embarrassed about."

by the way, it's just not Hmong American guys that are mean, want to be right and argue for everything. as long as they are Hmong and are Men. They are all mean in their own evil way. lol
I find guys in laos talk perverted.. and the ones in the U.S just want booty. what the heck?

and of course, he's going to live with you when you two get married. no hmong lao guy will marry a hmong anerican girl and not come to the U.S. hey, if you were to tell your bf, you want to live with him in Laos, would he still date and talk nice to you? just a thought. :)

stephanie

sarNie Adult
You are one person funny. hehe
Not to bash you on here but its quite interesting what you said here. i mean everyone do have a different perspective in life. :)

Don't want a traditional wedding? and why do you want to get married secretly? you want your man into culture and stuff, but your not. he's going to want a wedding, if he knows about life more than you. and why is it embarrassing to get married? lol your family is going to find out, if you ever bring him around anyway. hehe and like someone said above me, "Wedding is a beautiful thing/event there's nothing for you to be embarrassed about."

by the way, it's just not Hmong American guys that are mean, want to be right and argue for everything. as long as they are Hmong and are Men. They are all mean in their own evil way. lol
I find guys in laos talk perverted.. and the ones in the U.S just want booty. what the heck?

and of course, he's going to live with you when you two get married. no hmong lao guy will marry a hmong anerican girl and not come to the U.S. hey, if you were to tell your bf, you want to live with him in Laos, would he still date and talk nice to you? just a thought. :)
lmao. as long as there are men, they are all gonna want more than wht u want. it's a men thing. just like how women like to gossip ^^ any way, @ mmm0403, just be careful of men over there also. they may seem really nice but once u get them a visa, they'll take off.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
lmao. as long as there are men, they are all gonna want more than wht u want. it's a men thing. just like how women like to gossip ^^ any way, @ mmm0403, just be careful of men over there also. they may seem really nice but once u get them a visa, they'll take off.

EXACTLY!!! Women is like a piece of meat! hahahaha

mmm0403

sarNie Juvenile
Thanks.
Yep, I hear ya. When I talk to him, I always mention this and that stuff about men in Laos to him too. Haha. I told him that I'm very much aware of how men in Laos are. I made sure everything got discussed and talked about. Nws ncog lus rau lub ntuj kom lub ntuj rau txim rau nws yog tias hnub twg nws ua siab phem los dag. LOL. I don't even have the guts to make any promise to heaven or to him. LOL... Yog tias nws ua siab phem ces cia rau ntuj muab nws tua kiag xwb like he promised. I don't like dealing with problems. Let God deals with them.