HMONG CULTURE AT THE FUNERAL HOMES?

So I was wondering... Can I go to the Hmong Funeral Home when I am on my RAG/PERIOD or watever you guys wanna call it... Cause I know for a FACT that if you are pregnant you are not supposed to go. How about being on a RAG. I do recall the ELDERS saying that; butta I would like to be there for my friend... Yet Ima scared to enter the funeral home wen I am on my RAG. So is this a TRUE saying that girls are NOT ALLOW to go to Funeral Homes when they are PREGNANT and on their RAGS? Or is it just BEING PREGNANT! Thanks!!!

minankumo

sarNie Adult
u can still go no to matter wat at least be careful not to trip n fall. they saying if u r pregnant u cant go b/c they dont wat u to trip or fall.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
yess, you can go to funeral homes when you are pregnant. lols.. and or on your period.

its not like people know that you are on your PERIOD. unless you tell them or if you dont shower then...

for show!!! they gonna know... hahaa... As for pregnant, it doesnt hurt to go.

i see pregnant people at the funeral home. :D

u can still go no to matter wat at least be careful not to trip n fall. they saying if u r pregnant u cant go b/c they dont wat u to trip or fall.
yess, you can go to funeral homes when you are pregnant. lols.. and or on your period.

its not like people know that you are on your PERIOD. unless you tell them or if you dont shower then...

for show!!! they gonna know... hahaa... As for pregnant, it doesnt hurt to go.

i see pregnant people at the funeral home. :D
keke!!! I remember the elders saying about ghost following you if they smell BLOOD and etc... As for the pregnant thingy I understand about they falling and tripping. keke! Butta I was just so curious to know cause I dont want GHOST following me home. =D

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
i have never heard of this before.. lol.
but yeah.. i've seen pregnant women at funerals LOTS of times..
i don't think that matters..
but the period issue... i'll ask my mom.. ahahah

mysuper_girlfriend

sarNie Juvenile
stupid hmong culture crap!! they say this and that...all the time. it's up to you wheter you want to believe it or not..

neena

sarNie Adult
there is nothing wrong about going when you have it or your pregnant. never heard of that one actually. i just know for a FACT that u better not fall on the ground. the elders have to "call" you back from where you fell. i hate going to hmong funerals because i think its so emotional.

hamerica

sarNie Hatchling
Yeah you can go the funeral even when you have your period and are pregnant. The only time I couldn't go to the funeral was when I just have my daughter (not a month yet).

me094

sarNie Egg
Wow, i've never heard of anything like this... can't go when you are pregnant or on your period??? I come from a pretty traditional family and we go to funerals all the time and i've never heard reason not to go... i'll have to ask my mom if there is any.

So my answer to your question is yes you can go.

kiaalor

sarNie Egg
yOU KNOW WHAT!!!!

I always ask the elders these questions but seems like they don't wanna tell me. They always said, "why do you need to know, it's nothing important, or don't ask too much questions"

I remembered my in-laws telling me not to go to funerals when I was pregnant, but something I feel that when the death person is someone that is a relative or close relative then you could go because they said that relative won't do anything bad to their person; however, if the death person is a stranger then pregnant shouldn't go.

As for the period thing, this is the first time I heard it. It's interesting. It's good to know for future references.

Let me know if ya finds out more information.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
i asked my mom and she says that there's nothing wrong going to a funeral when you're pregnant or on your pms..
and yes. hmong people do have too many superstitious stuff...
it's just up to you to believe it or not...