HMONG ACTORS in GRAN TORINO

karenyang

#1S.H.E.&NicTse
at yi fei forum, they said liu yi fei went to audition for this movie too...but too bad they did not accept her because she is not hmong. ^_^

kaab nis

sarNie Hatchling
saw a clip of this on ET.
it looks pretty good
like the way they shot the movie
I really can't wait to see this movie
i think it's coming out on december 17 or 19...

Blackheart

sarNie Egg
So far I've been hearing a lot about this movie. I must say it looks very interesting and I can't wait to
go see it. Very very excited!

madalia3

sarNie Hatchling
actually it's not because she was not hmong..the specific i heard was that if they cant find a hmpong girl that they like or want then they will make yi fei the actress...but they found someone so thats y they did not take her...

Rycer

sarNie Egg
Ahahahahah... The guy playing the role of Tao or whatever his name is, ahahahahha... That is a buddy of mine's younger brother, so I guess I have to support this film. Its actually rather sad though. I missed the auditions when it was in MN but oh well. I would've been a better gangster than some of those guys. I found that kinda funny that all my friends say the same thing and here I am an almost white washed hmong guy. LOLS... :lol:

cecilia

Staff member
did anyone see this yet?
i thought it was okay.
-- could have been better ^^

the gang ppl scare me though :(

s0rrow_chick

sarNie Egg
i wanted to watch it for my birthday--on the 12 when it came out in "select cities" but i didn't wanna drive all the way to L.A. so i guess we'd all have to wait until it officially goes out wide? next month on the 16?

mane that really suckx...if it did come out this month it would probably get big ratings...
plus most the reviews i've read have been really good except -0ne
but w/e cant wait to watch it!!!!

precious_me

sarNie Hatchling
i just finished watching this video and i was a bit confused on the part where after the drive by shooting, sue came home all covered in blood and is all bruised up??...what happen to her in that part??...where did she went or came back from anyways???...

EternalSunshine

sarNie Hatchling
It wasn't the best film but I enjoyed it. The Hmong cast needs to improve on the acting skills but it was okay. I learned some life lessons from it so its good.

EternalSunshine

sarNie Hatchling
i just finished watching this video and i was a bit confused on the part where after the drive by shooting, sue came home all covered in blood and is all bruised up??...what happen to her in that part??...where did she went or came back from anyways???...
I believe Sue was out with friends and was attacked and raped by the gang. That's what I remembered hearing from Walter when he was confronting the gangs in front of their apartments in the end.

simplysweet

Simplysweet
i know the daughter of the lady that plays the mom...and boy..the mom is actually very different in person!..lol..she fix herself up and all that i totally did not notice it was her who played the mom in here!..lol..

simplysweet

Simplysweet
nobody from cali huh?? kinda obvious...most hmongs r in minnesota n wisconsin ne ways

actually the lady that play the MOTHER is from cali...her daughter plays soccer with LF sometimes...and goes to school in Fresno..saw her at the fresno tournaments this year...=)