Hlub Tshaj Txoj Sia (Hmong Movie)

moonstar

sarNie Adult
I just finished watching episode 1 and 2 today and I thought it was pretty good. At first I was like damn it the main guy (tub's brother's character) is going to be stupid and will lose his GF to his friend. I didn't want to watch it but I managed to bare through episode 1 and gosh my heart aches with tub yaj's brother throughout the entire movie. I think he is actually a better actor that his older brother. I haven't been this touched by a Hmong movie since "80 Xyooj Tseem Hlub." I can't wait to finish the movie. I highly recommend this movie.

Quick introduction:

The main guy (tub's younger brother, sorry don't know his name) study in the city and visit home once in a while. He planned to marry his GF after college, when he can give her a happy life. One day, his friend Meng followed him home. tub's bro asked his GF and Meng to pose for him while he paint them. He kept pushing them to get closer not realizing that he's making her feel uncomfortable and his friend likes his GF. Before tub's bro return to the city, Meng told him he wanted 2 things tub's bro have: 1. artistic skill, 2. GF

the story continues.....

4y0u1lL

sarNie Egg
Not a fan of Tub Yaj any longer. His movies are ....

But my mom is totally a freak over him. My mom purchased almost all his movies except for The Cyclone and 2 other ones which I don't know the title too.

My first movie of Tub Yaj was with Hnub Lis. The movie is okay but not that great. I forgot the plot so yeah that just shows how much I didn't like this movie, but it was alright I guess. He made it bearable.

After his two other movies, about the second wife plot-ish. I guess after that, I lost interest in him. Singing wise, he is okay but he needs to make his own music. I don't mind a few songs being copied from various artists but all of his songs are not originally his.

Sorry back to the movie. No offense but whoever made the trailers or preview to the third part is lame. I got down the freaking whole story just watching the trailers. There was no scenes that draw attention to me during the preview. His other movie Poj something, the main girl is so freaking horrible at acting. She smiles when she cries and the plot seems good but bad acting kills it all for me.

moonstar

sarNie Adult
Not a fan of Tub Yaj any longer. His movies are ....

But my mom is totally a freak over him. My mom purchased almost all his movies except for The Cyclone and 2 other ones which I don't know the title too.

My first movie of Tub Yaj was with Hnub Lis. The movie is okay but not that great. I forgot the plot so yeah that just shows how much I didn't like this movie, but it was alright I guess. He made it bearable.

After his two other movies, about the second wife plot-ish. I guess after that, I lost interest in him. Singing wise, he is okay but he needs to make his own music. I don't mind a few songs being copied from various artists but all of his songs are not originally his.

Sorry back to the movie. No offense but whoever made the trailers or preview to the third part is lame. I got down the freaking whole story just watching the trailers. There was no scenes that draw attention to me during the preview. His other movie Poj something, the main girl is so freaking horrible at acting. She smiles when she cries and the plot seems good but bad acting kills it all for me.
I agree with you about his previous movies but this one is different from his previous one. Plus Tub Yaj is only in the last episode. His brother was in the first 2 episodes. His brother's acting is a lot better than his.

cecilia

Staff member
hahah. i watched it .. all 5 parts and actually like it too .. the thing is, i'm not into hmong serie b/c they're usually suck or have no point, but for this one, it's not what i expected .. alot of twist love story b/c it's a good series overall. good thing is that i don't get to see TUB YAJ as much as i thought i would b/c i was not a fan of his. however, i do give props that his brother is a better actor than he was .. the girls in here wore thick makeup but they're pretty decent looking n'ek .. ah, the cinematographer did a wonderful job capturing the beautiful scenery as well as the editorial works ---

overall, i rate this a 4/5 ^^

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
oh yes I agree with all the positive reviews of this movie.
The movie is not all about Tub Yaj's character which is a PLUS! I hated the innocent cyclone because everything revolved around him..
I think the storyline is great, very sad and very touching with some good twists in it.
His brother is a great actor - I believe he's better than Tub Yaj... made me tear up a bunch of times khekhekhe...
and the girls are pretty good actors too, I liked their acting better than the other girls from the cyclone movie.
This movie is one that you shouldn't miss :)

maylena

sarNie Egg
this hmong drama, i would rated 2/5.

i learned that the main girl (n'ek) for tou yaj is a divocred woman. but still she is very pretty.

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
this hmong drama, i would rated 2/5.

i learned that the main girl (n'ek) for tou yaj is a divocred woman. but still she is very pretty.

is that why you give it such a low rating? lol...
she's also a good singer - saw her singing in a mv with tsawb yaj or vaj.. w/e his last name is

swt_anjo559

sarNie Egg
LOL, I think I would get this one a try too. I was at my aunt's house last night & she handed to me BUT because I'm not into Hmong serie I refuse to watch it :blink:. She did mentioned that it was really good & sad, after hearing more good review I'll try it, I mean it doesn't hurt to try, besides, I still have a few more days to kill before school start... :blush: PLUS, I'm an edgy person, sometime I just need people to PUSH me into watching something... :loool: :loool: :loool:

moonstar

sarNie Adult
LOL, I think I would get this one a try too. I was at my aunt's house last night & she handed to me BUT because I'm not into Hmong serie I refuse to watch it :blink:. She did mentioned that it was really good & sad, after hearing more good review I'll try it, I mean it doesn't hurt to try, besides, I still have a few more days to kill before school start... :blush: PLUS, I'm an edgy person, sometime I just need people to PUSH me into watching something... :loool: :loool: :loool:

You should watch it and remember to not quit at the beginning. You have to keep watching until you past a certain point/get into the story. Enjoy the film.

I thought tou yaj only have one episode and his brother has 2 but found out from new year that tub has 3 and his bro has 2 episodes. I prefer watching the bro than tub but oh well. I should have bought episode 3-5 at the new year yesterday since it was only $30 for all 3 but chose not to b/c didn't want to regret later if episode 3-5 do not meet my expectation. I'm still waiting for my mom to get it from her friend. However i bought the one with ET and the girl that play with tub yaj 3 episodes for only $15 and my sister and mom said it's really good.

cecilia

Staff member
^really, i like 3-5 more than the parent's relationship in 1-2 ... and with me, not fan of tub yaj, so i didn't want to see him much, however, with all the side stories split among 7 people, i get to see very little of tub yaj :p -- so yup, 3-5 is much better for me than 1-2 .. i like the younger generation of people --- the whole revenge thing from one lost brother to the other brother's 'suppose' fiance until tub's girlfriend sorta come into the mind of that brother, then that brother do whatever he can to have her, took her away from his long lost brother again --- tub yaj .. sound complicated? .. not really, it's like, the older brother (chen) likes 2nd(tub) older brother's gf, leaving his suppose fiance behind, the 3rd(don't know his name) brother hate the man that neglect him and left his mom to die, plot his revenge and use the 1st brother's suppose gf as his award from this whole revenge thing .. LOl

maylena

sarNie Egg
is that why you give it such a low rating? lol...
she's also a good singer - saw her singing in a mv with tsawb yaj or vaj.. w/e his last name is
really...wait is she the one that do this one movie with E.T.???
no, its that i just dont like it at all. too much crying. the movie looked like they are trying to copy Kdrama...

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
no, its that i just dont like it at all. too much crying. the movie looked like they are trying to copy Kdrama...

yeah - crybaby movies are very boring... but i still think this movie was worth it.. hehe :)
you should give it a view, you might like it. at first i said to my mom that tub yaj movies were too crybaby boring and refused to watch it, but since I'm in my baby "month" I had nothing else to do so I watched it and actually enjoyed it :)

moonstar

sarNie Adult
yeah - crybaby movies are very boring... but i still think this movie was worth it.. hehe :)
you should give it a view, you might like it. at first i said to my mom that tub yaj movies were too crybaby boring and refused to watch it, but since I'm in my baby "month" I had nothing else to do so I watched it and actually enjoyed it :)
I agree with you. even though there was a lot of crying i still like it. You guys are making me regret not buying episode 3-5.

cecilia

Staff member
^it's better than part 1-2 for me .. even though his brother's acting is better than him .. 3-5 have more scripting to it --- that's when all the chaos start and end ^^

4y0u1lL

sarNie Egg
What happen to Herr's Video Production, did they stop producing movies. I got to say I liked their 2003-2005 movies but after 2005 they started having poor movies in my opinion. Back to the topic, I did not like this movie at all but I have a copy in my room. I don't think I will ever touch it again. Everything was just too BLAH for me but TY has very poor acting compare to his brother.

cnv;

sarNie Egg
At first, seeing the cover, it didn't catch my attention at ALL. I thought it was going to be another lame hmong movie, but I was wrong. I enjoyed it. I'm not a big fan of Tub Yaj either, but I enjoyed the movie so far. Haven't seen 3 4 5 yet, but I agree with most of you guys. There was many twists that made the movie interesting.

dajdeev

sarNie Juvenile
how much is for all 5 parts??? I think it too expensive and can they make it more cheaper than that. I think this movie is great and I only see part 1 & 2 only. Now we hmong currently have 3 hmong dramas which is "Nplooj Siab Khaub Lig Cua," "Hlub Tshaj Txoj Sia," & "3 Lub Tooj Npab." I am hoping to see more hmong drama