Her Pain, His Pleasure [CH 35-- END] [COMPLETE]

cecilia

Staff member
^i hope you're thinking of making little dennis or kimberly for us .. i would so LOVE it .. (actually, i love fiction with baby in there -- must be that i love kids too much that every story/lakorn i watch, i want babies lol)

Have a good break -- brainstorm as much as you like .. we'll be here, hanging on the hook until you're back ^^

duaxiong

sarNie Adult
ahhhh~
i just love it,yah!Be strong Dennis and fight for your love!
Kimberly fought for you for years already,so now it's your turn!
There's the pride and determination,you can do it!!
awh,i love what Dennis gave to Kimberly,aha,mixed emotions^^

Can't believe that this FF is going to end already.
Hope you have ideas for another upcoming fanfiction Noy:]
Awesome Job<3<3

cecilia

Staff member
^speaking of that .. it's not worth the 20 years he put her through so yes, he needs to keep his determination up!

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
CHAPTER 28

"Please Kimberly..." Yaya's voice echoes inside Kimberly's mind, taunting her in a nonchalantly. She paces back and and forth in her room. Indecisive-- that's what she is.

"Dennis really wants to see you tonight... he says it's really important..."
Yaya's voice seems to overpower her thought and she has no control over it.

"... He hasn't been the same you know Kimberly..."
The voice inside her head speaks louder, "... ever since the vacation..."

She lets out a heavy sigh, feeling a ton of weight added onto her shoulders. "Why are you making my life difficult Dennis...?" She utters to herself. A sudden massive headache attack as she tries to make a decision.

"Tonight will be the last time..."
She can hear Yaya's voice loud and clear, as if she were in the same room with her. The conversation with Yaya plays vividly in her mind. The look of concern on her face. The tone of seriousness in her voice. It must be really important. Kimberly wonders if Yaya knows about everything that happen between her and Dennis. She never did tell Yaya, afraid of what she might think or say.

Kimberly massage her neck, trying to get the kink out, "I can't Dennis... I just can't...!" she exhales deeply, glancing over her shoulder. Her wedding dress hangs on the coat rack. The wedding is 2 weeks away and she can't succumb to Dennis, not when she's engaged to another. Engaged to a wonderful man who will love her unconditionally. It would be foolish of her to stray from a beautiful thing.

She slowly walks over to the dress, fondling it with care, afraid she might get fingerprints on her beautiful dress. Tom helped her picked it out. He said she look like a real princess. A smile brushes on her face as she thinks about the day they went wedding dress shopping.

"You look so beautiful Kimberly..."
She can hear Tom's voice as she stands in front of him. The strapless ball gown dress, made her feel like a real princess.

"I can't wait to make you my wife..."
Tom kissed her hand gently with a smile upon his face that won't erase.

Kimberly's heart flutters with excitement as she thinks of the becoming Mrs. Welling. But the smile on her face is shattered by the thought of Dennis. A feeling of confusion once again.

"Just this once..." she utters to herself, as she steps away from the dress, "This is the last time Dennis..." she inhales deeply and makes her way into the bathroom to get ready to see Dennis one last time.

After she was done getting ready, she checks her reflection in the mirror, making sure she look okay for tonight. She can see the sorrow lurking behind her eyes.

"Smile a little bit..." she tells herself, forcing a little grin. She puts on her favorite earrings and begins to walk towards the door. Gathering her purse and keys, she walks out the door, making her way down the stairs to catch a cab.

She flags a taxi and gives the driver her destination. The ride there torments her. The sound of her heart beats loudly against her chest. It's almost as though her heart beat was the only thing she could heart. It overpowers her train of thoughts. So many questions ran through her mind. What will Dennis talk to her about? Will he try to convince her to change her mind? Has he moved on from her already? Will this be goodbye for good? The questions kept on coming and she couldn't think straight. Her heart flutters with nerves as the butterflies in her stomach eats at her. The cab ride seem longer than she thought.

But finally, the taxi comes to a complete halt. She's finally at her destination. Kimberly peers out the window, seeing a man from a distance. Dennis. He's checking his watch. One hand in his pocket, slowly pacing back and forth, anxiously waiting for her.

Kimberly swallows hard, feeling her heart drop to her stomach. The butterflies flutter more than ever. Her blood rushes with adrenaline.

"Breath..." she tells herself, inhaling and exhaling. She pays the driver and exit the cab.

Once she was out of the car, her nerves kicked in more than ever. Her feet stay glued to the ground. It's been a while since she seen him. Ever since their run in at the wedding dress store. It feels like forever and yet he still looks handsome as ever.

Dennis avert his attention in her direction. Her heart's beating faster. There's no way to control her nerves. His face lid up at the sight of her as he slowly approaches her. A smile plasters on his face, which sends her mind spinning in a spiral. It's been a while since she seen his gorgeous smile.

"You're here..." he chuckles with nerves, "I'm glad you made it..." he gently reaches for her hand.

Kimberly gives him a weak smile, slowly pulling her hand away from his. She tries to keep a sense of composure.

"What's so important you need to see me tonight...?" She ask bluntly, not wanting to waste time.

"Can we go for a little ride first...?" A tone of disappointment in his voice.

"A ride...?" She raises an eyebrow, "To where...?" She crosses her arms, thinking it's going to be a long night with Dennis.

"Just a little cruise around the harbor," He smiles at her, showing her the yacht behind him.

"I think I'll pass..." she tells him, looking a different direction. She's ready to leave.

"Wait--"

Kimberly felt a hand grab her by the arm, pulling her back, "Please..." he pulls her body closer to him. Chills ran down her spine as she can feel his firm body pressed against hers.

She swallows hard, not saying a word. Unable to move a muscle as she listens to her own heart beating against her chest.

"Just a harmless cruise..." he whispers in her ear. She grows weak in the knees. He slowly lets her go.

"Get it together Kimberly..." she tells herself, inhaling deeply.

"This way..." he grins, taking her by the hand, leading her to their destination.

They walk up on the deck, wobbling with every step. Kimberly holds onto tightly to his hand, fearing she might fall overboard. Once on board the yacht, Kimberly's heart drops to the ground. Her face lit up in amazement. The yacht's decorated with lights, flowers of all different colors, and candles of different scent. It's empowering. Her heart beats faster and faster, thinking how wonderful of a job Dennis had done. It's actually better than Tom.

Kimberly couldn't seem to pick up her jaws off the floor. Dennis took her by surprise. She didn't think he had this side to him. A sweet and sensitive side.

"I take it you like it...?" He ask with a grin on his face, pulling the seat for her to sit.

"It's... It's really beautiful..." She couldn't keep her eyes off the decorations and lighting. Everything seem so perfect. But why is he doing this for her? she questions herself.

"I'm glad you love it..." He gets ready to take a seat but pauses, "Wait... I'll be back..." he tells her and quickly disappears.

"Wait-- where are you--" He was out of sight already.

She sits patiently, waiting for him to return. Suddenly a bouquet of pink tiger lilies appear before her. She quickly turns around in Dennis's direction.

"What's-- What's this for...?" She ask him, staring at the lilies as if it was the first time she seeing flowers.

"It's for you Kimberly..." He hands it to her.

Hesitate at first but she takes it anyways and lays it next to her on the table.

"Just because..." he says, taking a seat.

"Just because what?" Kimberly's confuse.

"These flowers are just because.... it's a beautiful night out and I'm with a beautiful woman..." he smiles graciously, "Sometimes a woman love to receive flowers randomly,"

She stares at him, giving him a half grin, unsure what to say to that. Tom's never given her a bouquet just because. There was always an occasion. She didn't know how to react to it.

"So what is it that you want to talk to me about?" Kimberly quickly ask, "What's so important that you had Yaya come beg me?" She didn't want to waste another minute.

Dennis doesn't say a word. He waits around. Kimberly's losing patience.

"Dennis, please..." she begs him, leaning in closer.

Abruptly, a server interrupts them, bringing them food.

"I hope you like stir fried chicken..." Dennis tells her, "I made it myself-- but of course I needed help serving it..." he smiles at her as the server hands them their plates.

"I'm not hungry Dennis... I just want to--"

"Please..." he cuts her off. A sad puppy look on his face. She couldn't resist.

"Fine..." she utters, pouting like a little girl now.

Once the server left, Kimberly inhales the aroma of the stir fried. Her stomach began to growl, suddenly forgetting she didn't eat since this morning.

"Taste a bit of it..." he tells her, waiting eagerly for her to take a bit.

She stares at him then reaches for the fork. She pokes the chicken and puts it in her mouth. Her eyes grew bigger as she chews the food.

"So... How is it?" Dennis leans in closer, waiting for her answer, " It may not be the best... But I thought I'd give it a try.." he chuckles.

"It..." she finishes chewing, "It's good..." she tells him, taking a napkin and dabbing her mouth.

Dennis's face lid up when he said that. Smiling from ear to ear. Excited that she thought it was good. Dennis begins to eat his plate.

The two sat in silent as they eat their food. With every bite, Dennis look on at Kimberly, staring her down like a hawk. Admiring her natural beauty. His heart warms up, pleased that she came tonight. Oh how he wish he could hold her in his arms. He longed for those sweet lips of hers. Those passionate kisses that sends chills running up his spine. He miss her tender touch and how smooth her skin feels. Everything about her drove him crazy. It's horrible. He wants her so badly, but he knows he can't. It's so hard to restrict himself. Hard to hold back what he felt inside. The woman he loves in right before his eyes but he couldn't have her.

Life is so cruel and unfair.

After they finish with their plates, the server came by and took their plates away and clear the table. Kimberly rise from the table, walking over to the edge of the yacht. To her surprise, she isn't getting seasick. Odd. She thought.

She leans on the rail, gazing out into the darkness. It's pitch black. She turns to the sky, clear as can be. No gray cloud in sight. The stars shine so brightly. She hasn't seen stars like this in a while. It warms her heart. Suddenly, it hits her. She's missing Tom. If only she could share a moment like this with him. They've never got to do anything like this.

"For you..." footsteps approaches her.

She turns around to see Dennis holding two glasses of champagne, "I'll pass on the champagne." she tells him sternly.

"Just one drink..." he gives her a smirk.

She shakes her head.

"Please..." he begs, handing her the glass of champagne, "if not for me, for Tom..."

Kimberly stares Dennis hard. How dare he bring Tom up in this mix. But she doesn't hesitate, she grabs it quickly, rolling her eyes in disgust.

As she gets ready to drink, Dennis grabs her hand.

"A toast..." he proclaim, "To you Kimberly..."

"A toast to me for what..?" she's confused.

"A toast to you... I wish you a happy life... And I only hope you're making the right decision..." he taps her glasses and drinks his champagne.

"Right decision? Wait--" she tries to stop him but he was finish with his drink first.

"What are you trying to say Dennis? You think I'm making the wrong decision?" she's all flustered.

"Yes Kimberly." he puts his glass down, "Yes I do Kimberly."

"In what?" she plays dumb.

He sighs heavily, "you know what..." he puts his hands on his hips.

"oh..." Kimberly looks at her glass, "okay then, I'll give a toast to you..." she held up her glass, "This is to the last time we'll see each other." she downs it quickly an puts the glass on the table.

"There. Are you happy?" she ask.

"Of course not Kimberly..." sadness in Dennis's voice. He sighs deeply, turning his head in a different direction, "How do you expect me to be happy, Kimberly...? The woman I love is getting married to my old college buddy.. And I'm the damn best man!" he curses, shaking his head profusely.

Kimberly stands still in silence.

"I'm an idiot Kimberly... I've always been so selfish. I never caring about the woman's feelings... Never cared about yours... I abuse you both physically and emotionally... over ad over again..." he sighs and looks up at the sky, hoping for a miracle.

"The last few months have been hell for me Kimberly... I've been tortured and tormented..." he glances over hid shoulder, "Seeing you with Tom-- it kills me... It eats away at me... I feel like a part of me is dead... Nothing feels the same anymore.. I've fallen hard Kimberly... So hard I can't imagine what will happen to me after you're married..." a tears glisten in his eyes.

Kimberly swallows hard as she listens to his words.

He slowly turns around, face to face with Kimberly. Reaching for her hand, he smiles softly, "I realize what it means to love someone so much it hurts..." He chuckles uneasily, "I feel like I'm going insane!" he throws his hands in the air. Slowly facing her, "So in order for me to keep my sanity... I've decided to go work in the United States..." he watches her face expression change, "This is the reason why I asked to see you..." he moves in closer, "It'll by my final goodbye..." he smiles weakly, feeling his heart ache with pain as he utters the words of goodbye.

"Lea--Leaving...?" Kimberly felt a rock stuck in her throat, unable to speak. Her heart's beating faster and faster.

He nods, "I'm leaving... Pretty soon actually... I won't be able attending your wedding... The paper works are almost done. Once it's done, I'll be gone... I've resigned from being Tom's best man.. It's too much for me.." he swallows hard, "I've felt enough pain the past months, I can't afford to see you walk down to isle... It will surely kill me... I need my sanity back.. so in order for me to get my life back, I need to go far away..."

She can see the tears in his eyes. Her heart beats faster and faster. This can't be happening. She just can't believe her ears. Dennis is leaving.

"So you're never coming back?" her voice's shaky, as she tries to hold back the tears.

He shakes his head, "It'll be a permanent move.. Once I leave, I'm never coming back...there's no need to anyways.. My family can handle without me... You're getting married soon anyways so you're ready to start your life... With Tom..." he inhales deeply, wiping the tears from the outer rims of his eyes.

"Pull it together, man..."
he tells himself.

"You found a man who will love you, unconditionally... and I know he'll take good care of you..." he gently wipes the tears away from face, "No more crying, Kimberly..." he whispers, pulling her closely for a hug, "You've wasted enough tears on me..."

Kimberly embraces him tightly, wrapping her hands around his shoulders, inhaling his sweet cologne, for it will be the last time she'll get to see him. She didn't want to let him go. Oh how she wish time would stand still. A tear streams down the side of her cheeks. Her heart's devastated.

"I love you Kimberly..."
he whispers, embracing her closely and tightly, "I love you with all my heart... You're the one who shown me how to love..." the warm tear rolls down his cheek. He loses all control of his emotions.

The two continues to embrace in a long hug. The very final hug. The night's quiet. Not a single sound stirred. The ocean's calm. The only sound to be heard is the sound of their hearts... beating.

"I love you Kimberly... I love you..." Dennis whispers one last time.

imaginarygur

sarNie Adult
is he giving up? or is it his plan to make her realise that she loves him more than loves tom?

i'm wondering because the previous chapter he said he's determined to win her back but now say living.. 0.0

can't wait for your next chapter to clear my wonder... =p

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
is he giving up? or is it his plan to make her realise that she loves him more than loves tom?

i'm wondering because the previous chapter he said he's determined to win her back but now say living.. 0.0

can't wait for your next chapter to clear my wonder... =p
:D Dennis is up to something lol it's just a matter of what hehe

Dal

***LOVE, LOVE YADECH***
I teared up...just a little. Because 20 years of pain for Kimberly, that is a lot. Buck up, Dennis!

Thanks, Noy!

cecilia

Staff member
awe .. i got teary when all he could do was sigh in front of her and then end things with 'i'm leaving' ..
Their last goodbye remind me of CELINE's song : I LOVE YOU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR3hg452VGc

Can't wait for more update ^^

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
awe .. i got teary when all he could do was sigh in front of her and then end things with 'i'm leaving' ..
Their last goodbye remind me of CELINE's song : I LOVE YOU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR3hg452VGc

Can't wait for more update ^^

awee that's a sad song... :( I was listening to tracie spencer - tender kisses. hehe. That song got me started.

I'm writing the next chapter. I hope I can have it up later on tonight. :D

bEI

sarNie Egg
gaaaah! dont leave dennis! well since u said dennis is up to something, ill take your word for it.

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
CHAPTER 29

this song plays as Kimberly thinks

Kimberly lies in bed, snuggle up with her book, The Princess Bride. Tears slowly streaming down her corners of her eyes. She doesn't wipe them away. Yaya just called her moments ago to inform her Dennis left. Devastated. Her heart's ravaged into pieces. Overwhelmed by the situation. She just saw him not to long ago. 2 days to be exact. Now he's gone forever. Just like he said.

"He just board the plane..." Sorrow in Yaya's voice, "He wanted me to tell you goodbye... He wishes you a happy marriage..."

Kimberly hugs tighter onto the book. The only memory she has of him left.

"It's finally over..." She exhales deeply, feeling the ton of weight lifted from her shoulders. She should feel a sense of relief, but why does it feel like a burden? Why is she crying over him still? And how could he possible leave her at a time like this? What is she going to do now?

Disoriented in her thoughts. Agitated by anything and everything. Her life seem to be passing by so quickly. Her body's numb all around. What's gotten into her. She should be happy that Dennis has left her alone, yet she isn't.

"One last thing Kimberly... He wanted me to tell you...he loves you..."

She closes her eyes, imagining the night on the yacht where Dennis told her he was leaving. The tears streams down her cheeks, more than ever. Her heart's aching with pain, as she remembers the last kiss they shared. His soft, tender lips pressed against hers. She'll miss his kisses. His tender touch. Suddenly, the pain in her chest aches even more. Like a thousand knives thrown at her chest. Dennis has hurt her more than ever. Her heart's in agonizing pain. How could he do this to her? How could he? She wants to scream at the top of her lungs.

She spent years fighting for him. Fighting for his love. Fighting to be noticed by him. Spent countless years chasing after his love. But just when he begins to fight for her, he walks away in a blink of an eye, never to return, so he says. Is she a fool for feeling this way? Has she lost her mind? Does Dennis even love her like he says he does? Could be a sick joke he's playing on her?

Questions weave in an out of Kimberly's mind. She can't fight the voices inside of her. The questions keep pouring and she doesn't know what to do.

"Please stop..." she utters to herself, "stop torturing yourself Kimberly..." she places the book next to her. Face down. "He doesn't love you..." she demands, "Dennis does not love you..." she brushes the tears away from her cheeks, "He doesn't love me... not the way Tom does..." she glares down at her engagement ring. The wedding's next weekend.

"Am I ready to get married...?" She ask herself, gently polishing the ring, "My mind's telling me yes... but why is my heart telling me no..." She sighs heavily. Perplexed again.

She gets up from the bed, slowly pacing back and forth. Things needs to be straighten out for once. Her heart is on the line and she can't waste another day.

"Tom..." She utters, fidgeting with her engagement ring, "He's everything I always fantasize about a mnan... sweet, kind, a real gentleman... my prince charmer..." she chuckles, "But then there's Dennis... the ladies man... kind and generous when he wants to be... the man I've been in love with for so many years..." She groans in confusion, "What to do...?" she questions, "Tom has everything I want... but is he everything I need...?"

Her head's screaming, "Marry Him! Marry Him!" But her heart's screaming, "Caution! Beware!"

So who will she pick? The man who swept her off her feet with just one look into his beautiful eyes or the man who she's been head over heels for after 2 decade? A massive headache erupts once again as she tries to figure out who's the best fit person for her. This is the hardest decision she had to make in her life. How will she know if she's making the right decision?

"I have to marry Tom..." She finally utters, after a long debate between her mind and heart, "he's been good to me and that's that..."

"But what Dennis...?"

Kimberly quickly turns around to see Yaya standing by the door.

"Yaya?" She's startled, "What-- What are you doing here?"

"I just thought I'd come by and comfort a friend in need..." she walks over to sit on the bed, "Plus, you gave me a spare remember...? Told me I can come anytime. I figured this will be the best time to come..."

"Oh..." Kimberly puts down her head.

"So what about Dennis...?" Yaya ask again.

"Dennis..?" She looks at Yaya funny.

"Yes, you know, my brother, Dennis..." She chuckles, "How do you feel about Dennis...? What's your heart telling you to do with him...?"

Kimberly stays quiet, not uttering a word.

"You're still in love with Dennis, aren't you?"

"What?! No!" Kimberly shouts in defense. She's in denial.

"Kimberly..." Yaya sighs, "I've known you since we were kids... since we were practically in diapers! I know you too well. I know you're still in love with Dennis... You don't need to lie to me..." she reaches for Kimberly's hand, "It's okay to admit that you still love him,: She stares deep into Kimberly's soul.

Her heart beats faster, almost as if she's about to lose control. How can she admit that she still loves Dennis? It'll make her look like a total idiot for still being in love with a man like Dennis, especially after all the years of being treated like crap. How can she still admit it?

Kimberly gets up from the bed, chuckling a little bit, "Still in love with Dennis...?" She shakes her head, "How can I possibly say that I love him Yaya? Not after all that he's put me through in the past two decade... There's no more room for Dennis... No more room at all..." she lies through her teeth.

"Kimberly, I don't know what happen between the two of you at the beach, but ever since he came back from the beach, he just hasn't bee the same. He stop going out with his friends. His daily life is consumed by work. He doesn't talk to anyone anymore. He just keeps to himself... now tell me that isn't normal..." She looks up at Kimberly, "And before he left, he told me to tell you, he loves you... now what's that about...?" She raises from the bed, "Something must have happen between you two otherwise Dennis wouldn't just up and leave like this... specially not to another country..." She catches her breath.

"Nothing happen Yaya..." she lies to her.

"Okay... I'm not going to force you to talk about it but just know that Dennis has never told another woman he loves them... you're his first..."

Kimberly's heart drops to the ground as she stares at Yaya in shock. She couldn't believe her ears. Surely her ears must be deceiving her.

"You heard it right Kimberly... Dennis has never told another woman he love them.. so when he told me to tell you he loves you... I know he's being serious... but why he decide to leave now, that's a mystery... My parents are still surprised to. My mom nearly had a heart attack!" she shook her head.

"That serious...?" Kimberly looks at her ring.

"Dennis really does love you Kimberly..." Yaya touches her shoulder, "He may be the type to sleep with numerous woman, but he's never been serious about any of them the way he's serious about you... He finally realize what it means to love just one... all because of you..."

Kimberly's heart sank, feeling lower than low, tears slowly begin to well up in her eyes, "I don't want to be a fool in love Yaya..." her voice cracks as she tries to hold back, "What kind of person will I be...? Dennis has shown me nothing but pain-- just pain. Then Tom comes along and patches Dennis's wound and he's shown me pleasure-- sweet pleasure. I can't betray Tom... not like this..." she shakes her head as she thinks about the pain Tom will be in if she hurt him, "You can't expect me to end an engagement with a wonderful man who will love me unconditionally for a man I've been in love with so so long...?" She searches for answers, "I just can't do it."

"Kimberly," Yaya inhales, "Don't be afraid of pain... Pleasure is on the other side..." Yaya tells her. Kimberly freezes instantly, just staring into Yaya's eyes,"Can't have pleasure without the pain, right...?" she shrugs giving Kimberly a little grins.

The words hit Kimberly hard in the chest. A light bulb appears before her head. Yaya's right.

"Dennis may have shown you pain, but it doesn't mean he can't show you pleasure..." She listens to Yaya preach.

"But Yaya--"

"Kimberly, just listen to me--" She interrupts, "I know you're torn between these two... a man who loves you unconditionally, and a man who realizes his true feelings for you... but what about you? What does your heart want? What does your heart need?" Yaya touches her heart, trying to make Kimberly realize something, "Think about it some more... but please, no more running away from your heart... stop lying to yourself. Just listen to what your heart's telling you, because in the end, your heart is on the line...Kimberly wipes her tears, listening to the wise words of her best friend preach.

"You're right..." She gives a weak smile, "I can't keep lying to myself..." Feeling much better to have Yaya listen to her like this. She contemplates in her mind. Confused yet again! Will she ever make the right decision?

"Maybe... maybe I just need some time by myself..." she tells Yaya, "Maybe I'm just rushing into things to forget everything in my past..." she looks down at her engagement ring.

"If that's how you feel... then take some time off Kimberly... marriage shouldn't be rushed... take as much time as possible... maybe you'll realize something about yourself," She smiles at Kimberly, who reaches over to give her a bear hug. She feels good knowing she has Yaya as her best friend.

"Thank you so much..." she tells her, "I don't know what I would do without you..." She smiles to herself, feeling her heart as ease. The ton of weight lifts off her shoulder.

The next step will be the hardest thing she'll have to do. She must call off the wedding with Tom.

-----------------------------------------------

Kimberly sits patiently, waiting for Tom to arrive. She checks her phone constantly. Time seem to pass by extra slow today. Seconds feel like hours as she plays the waiting game with Tom. Anxiety eats at her, feeling the nerves consuming her insides. Can she go through with this? How will Tom react to her decision? Will he be mad? Sad? The questions rotates in her mind, nonstop. Her head's spinning with questions. It's a never ending cycle. Almost as if she's trapped in a closed room with no way to escape.

Her heart beats faster and faster as the time ticks away. Every little noise suddenly becomes sensitive to her ears. Suddenly, she's not sure if she'll be able to go through with it. How will she go through with it? She ask herself. But oh, she must. It's unfair to Tom. She hasn't be truthful to him, although she never told him everything.

Suddenly her train of thought is intruded by footsteps approaching from behind her.

"Tom..." she utters under her breath. Her heart drops to the ground. Horrified all of the sudden. A lump stuck in her throat as she tries to keep her composure.

Warm lips touches her cheek, "Sorry to keep you waiting, Love..." he whispers to her, taking a seat across the table.

"uh.." she clears her throat, "It's-- It's okay," The nerves kick into gear. Will she have the will power to break her prince charming heart?

"So.." he smiles sweetly at her, "What's going on, Kimberly...?" He folds his arm on the table.

"Deep breath..." she tells herself, leaning in on the table, "I have something to tell you..." she slowly and gently pulls the engagement ring off, and slides it to him, "I-- I can't marry you Tom..." she utters. The words were difficult for her to speak.

He stares at her in complete shock, shifting from her to the ring, "What-- what do you mean you can't?" He ask in horror, "I thought-- I thought you love me...?" sorrow in his voice.

"Tom-- I.. I do... or so I thought I did.." she clears her throat, "I guess I was in love with the idea of you..." she lowers her head, avoiding his beautiful eyes, "I'm sorry Tom..."

He stares at the ring, taken back by it. The room's spinning and he isn't sure what to say.

"I haven't been quite honest with you either Tom..." she takes a deep breath, "About Dennis... that is..."

"What-- What about Dennis...?"

"When you asked me earlier how Dennis and I know one another, I didn't tell you the whole story..." she levels with his eyes, "It's true that I know him through his sister, Yaya... but the truth is..." she fumbles with her words, unsure how to say it, "I've been... in love with Dennis... for years..." she swallows hard, feeling pressure added to her chest, "20 years to be exact..."

Tom's eyes widen, surprised by what he's hearing. He reclines back in his seat, holding the ring in his hand.

They sit in silence for a few moments. Kimberly tries to read him, but his facial expression is completely blank. She couldn't tell what's going on in his mind.

"Let me get this straight..." Tom inhales deeply, "You're... in love with my old college buddy... who's suppose to be my best man... at our wedding...?"

Kimberly nods her head in guilt, pushing the bangs away from her face.

He shakes his head, chuckling uneasily, "Wow..." he says, eyes widen by the news she given him.

"Tom-- I'm sorry..." Kimberly reaches for his hand, trying to comfort him, "I really didn't mean to hurt you...You're an amazing guy... a real prince charmer... any woman will fall head over heal for you like I did... but..."

"You're just not in love with me...?" he finishes the sentence for her.

"Yes..." she nods her head, "I thought I could love you... and I honestly thought I did. The times we spent with one another were magnificent. Just wonderful.. but in the back of my mind, I always thought of Dennis. And the truth is, I can't keep lying to myself. I can't keep lying to you," tears began to well up her eyes, as she tries to keep it together, "You deserve a woman who won't lie and deceive you the way I did Tom..." the tears rolled down her cheeks, "For that, I can't be your wife... I'm not good enough for you..."

Tom quickly wipes them away. A half smile on his face, "No need for tears..." he tells her sweetly, gently squeezing her hand for comfort, "If it's not meant to be... no point in trying to make it work..."

She chuckles uneasily, tears still running down her cheek, "Tom, I really and truly am sorry for hurting you... that was never my intentions... I really want to love a man like you--"

"But your heart's telling you otherwise?" He finishes it for her again.

She nods her head, surprise he's taking this fairly well.

"Well, you can't force the heart to love a person... no matter how hard you try..." He winks, smiling his prince charming smile.

"And you definitely can't tell your heart to forget a person... no matter how hard you try..." she smirks, feeling better that Tom understands her.

"Well, I guess it's over between us..." Tom lets out a heavily sigh, smiling from ear to ear.

She nods her head, letting go of his hands, to dig into her purse, "I want to return these to you too..." she pushes the small boxes to him. The promise ring.

He pushes the box back to her, "Keep it..." he tells her, "think of it as an early birthday gift..." he winks at her. Her birthday's in a few weeks.

She chuckles, "okay... thanks Tom..." she clutches onto the little box. She'll remember all the sweet memories they shared.

"You should try to get him back-- Dennis, that is..." Tom utters.

Kimberly forces a smile on her face, "I won't be chasing after him anymore. He's gone forever. I think I need some peace and quiet to myself for now," she tells him.

"I see... but whatever happens in the future, I wish you the best of luck in your future," He reaches for her hand once more, giving her a gentle kiss, "But if Dennis does return, make sure you hold him tightly..." he winks at her.

She chuckles, feeling giddy, "I'll keep that in mind..."

"Okay... I guess this is goodbye Kimberly. Just know that there will never be another woman like you, my princess..." he bow his head and slowly makes his way towards the exit.

"Goodbye my prince charmer..." She whispers, smiling as she watches him leave.

"If Dennis does return...I'll never let him go again..." her smile disappears once Tom is out of her sight, forever.

bEI

sarNie Egg
wow tom reminds me of the main character from the anime show called ouran high school host club where the boys treat every female club members like a princess. lol im surprise tom took it well. thats right kim, dont let him go. make sure you kick his butt for causing u 20 years of pain first and then have make up sex- uh i mean make up kiss....lol good story! im looking forward to your other one,noy.

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
wow tom reminds me of the main character from the anime show called ouran high school host club where the boys treat every female club members like a princess. lol im surprise tom took it well. thats right kim, dont let him go. make sure you kick his butt for causing u 20 years of pain first and then have make up sex- uh i mean make up kiss....lol good story! im looking forward to your other one,noy.
:) thanks for reading. Make up sex is always the best-- I mean make up kiss :D hehe

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
Tom is too good to be true. He's the real definition of "if you love someone, you gotta learn to let them go." He truly loves her and if happiness for her means without him, he's willing to let her go.