Help!

Sharona

sarNie Hatchling
AH... I'm so sorry to bother you guys. I'm really dumb with things and I don't know if I should even be asking questions because I will most likely not even understand. ANyways, here's my situation.

I'm currently watching a drama that I downloaded from the internet and it is in rmvb format. I am just wondering if it is possible to burn this on a dvd or vcd??? If so, how would I go about doing it.... like what program would I use. Remember... this drama is in rmvb format and it will only play on real player... at least that's what I think. Anyways... what program do I use to burn, if even possible, and if a conversion is needed, what program do I use to convert????

If you are willing to help me... could you plz state the name of the program(s) and maybe provide a link as to where I can download it if there is a downloadable program out there.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and help me out.

-Sharona

darvil

sarNie Adult
Sharona said:
AH... I'm so sorry to bother you guys. I'm really dumb with things and I don't know if I should even be asking questions because I will most likely not even understand. ANyways, here's my situation.

I'm currently watching a drama that I downloaded from the internet and it is in rmvb format. I am just wondering if it is possible to burn this on a dvd or vcd??? If so, how would I go about doing it.... like what program would I use. Remember... this drama is in rmvb format and it will only play on real player... at least that's what I think. Anyways... what program do I use to burn, if even possible, and if a conversion is needed, what program do I use to convert????

If you are willing to help me... could you plz state the name of the program(s) and maybe provide a link as to where I can download it if there is a downloadable program out there.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and help me out.

-Sharona
[post="104132"][/post]​
I just uploaded a program in www.sarnworld.com/programs

that can convert rmvb file (its an rm file btw)

Try using that.

Sharona

sarNie Hatchling
Darvil said:
I just uploaded a program in www.sarnworld.com/programs

that can convert rmvb file (its an rm file btw)

Try using that.
[post="104142"][/post]​
THanks for the help Darvil... but I have a few more questions. So will this program convert and burn it into dvd or vcd format??? Do you know if it burns the video as well as the sound??

is this the program you're talking about?
(converts rm, rmvb) MPEG AVI to DVD VCD SVCD MPEG Pro v7.07.exe

I downloaded this and the video seems to be showing, but there isn't any sound. That is normal right???

THanks again for your help. I appreciate it!

Wai Wai Noodles

Egg Drop Soup ( ~ _ * )
LOL...Sharona, video without any sounds will never be considered "normal"...:p

Hmmm...I think Win AVI Converter can also convert that "rm" file to whatever the format you need it in...

You can also use that Boilsoft RM Converter v. 3.28...not sure if that's the one Davil has in the download section or not...didnt check.

Sharona

sarNie Hatchling
Wai Wai Noodles said:
LOL...Sharona, video without any sounds will never be considered "normal"...:p

Hmmm...I think Win AVI Converter can also convert that "rm" file to whatever the format you need it in...

You can also use that Boilsoft RM Converter v. 3.28...not sure if that's the one Davil has in the download section or not...didnt check.
[post="104286"][/post]​

hehe... yea I was thinking the same thing Wai Wai... hehe
Yea, but for some reason when I use that one program that I downloaded ----> which would be that one down there

(converts rm, rmvb) MPEG AVI to DVD VCD SVCD MPEG Pro v7.07.exe

The video clips can be viewed, but there isn't any sound. So... I was just wondering if the sound matters when I'm converting and or burning??? Or... if anyone can help... how do I use that program in bold???

THanks soo much for all the help!!!

noungning

Heartless
ohhhh as you're converting... no u will not hear the sound! lol

i thought u meant after u finished converting and there were no sounds hahah... then that's abnormal!

while the file is converting, you should be able to disable preview so the conversion is sped up, as for the sound, you won't be hearing anything as it converts... just pictures slowly converting from frame to frame which is sometimes very annoying... but if you finish converting and there's no voice then you have a problem lol.

Sharona

sarNie Hatchling
noungning said:
ohhhh as you're converting... no u will not hear the sound! lol

i thought u meant after u finished converting and there were no sounds hahah... then that's abnormal!

while the file is converting, you should be able to disable preview so the conversion is sped up, as for the sound, you won't be hearing anything as it converts... just pictures slowly converting from frame to frame which is sometimes very annoying... but if you finish converting and there's no voice then you have a problem lol.
[post="104592"][/post]​
Ahh... so my question is answered. hehe... so I'm guessing it is finally safe to convert eh? hehe... thanks for clarifying noungning! I guess my question wasn't specific enough. See, I want to make sure everything is all okay before trying to mess with it because I don't want to be wasting any dvd's. I will try my best with it.

So, do you guys know.... there is a button on there that reads "Convert and Burn" and there is one that says "Launch Stand Alone - DVD/VCD/SVCD burner engine" which do I click on?
After it is burned on to a DVD, will it be able to play on dvd players to be viewable on TV??? If so, is there a specific setting that needs to be chosen for better quality???

I sure hope I'm not bugging you guys. But thanks soo much for hanging in here with me... I'm kind of slow with things and I know I can just try over and over again to see for myself, but I don't want to end up wasting dvds. Anyways hopefully you guys can help me through this process. Again, thanks for all the help!

noungning

Heartless
unfortunately i don't have this software so u might have to wait for someone that uses this to answer it... but no problems, i'll try to help if i can. if not, darvil is always here to help u.

oh yeah let me add tho, if you convert the file onto the comp before burning it onto the cd, you should always check if it works properly before burning, or else, like u said u'll end up burning several non working dvds.

Sharona

sarNie Hatchling
Oh man... I need serious help here.
Well I tried to convert and yes it converted, but there
was no sound to it besides some really annoying scratching sounds.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
The only sounds that are heard are some scratching sounds.

Is there a certain setting that needs to be set in order for
their to be sound as well?

Help... I'm in desperate need of help.

darvil

sarNie Adult
Sharona said:
Oh man... I need serious help here.
Well I tried to convert and yes it converted, but there
was no sound to it besides some really annoying scratching sounds.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
The only sounds that are heard are some scratching sounds.

Is there a certain setting that needs to be set in order for
their to be sound as well?

Help... I'm in desperate need of help.
[post="105666"][/post]​
Are you trying to burn those chinese series?

now when you're converting. What format are you converting to?

Also don't think anything about burning yet. You need to be able to convert the files first before even thinking about it.

Sharona

sarNie Hatchling
Darvil said:
Are you trying to burn those chinese series?

now when you're converting. What format are you converting to?

Also don't think anything about burning yet. You need to be able to convert the files first before even thinking about it.
[post="105801"][/post]​
I'm trying to burn a Japanese series that I downloaded.
It's in rmvb format. I thought that maybe I could use that one
program that you suggested to convert and burn.

You see, I don't know what I'm doing. I'm just trying all sorts
of things. I don't even know what to convert to. I'm using (converts rm, rmvb) MPEG AVI to DVD VCD SVCD MPEG Pro v7.07.exe

I just clicked on the DVD tab and then used the browse button to find the movie file. Then there's this buttion that says convert and burn.
I clicked on that button and I didn't bother with any of the settings because I have no idea what they mean.

After doing that... I didn't burn it just yet, I think it just converted the downloaded file into something else. A screen popped up saying "Conversion done! DVD Author succesfully! Would you like to open the output folder to check the result file now?"

Then I clicked ok and another screen popped up. The folder says DVD_Disk1. Then there are 2 other folders within that one named Audio_TS and Video_Ts. In the Audio_TS there are no files at all. In the Video_TS there are 6 files. files say Video_TS.BUP, Video_TS.IFO, VTS_01_0.BUP, VTS_01_0.IFO, VTS_01_1.VOB, and last one is VTS_01_2.VOB.

That's where I'm stuck. How do I burn them now and what program do I use to do that??? Is there supposed to be sound as well??? If there is no sound, does that mean I made a mistake? Where do I go from here, and did I even convert correctly?

I want to burn these rmvb files to dvd's that can be viewed on TV.
What settings need to be used in order for this to work.

Darvil, if you could help me, I'd greatly appreciate. I know I have a lot of questions and I know you don't want to be bothered with a lot of questions from someone who knows nothing, but I'd be very happy if you could just help me this one time. THanks so much!

darvil

sarNie Adult
Sharona said:

of things. I don't even know what to convert to. I'm using (converts rm, rmvb) MPEG AVI to DVD VCD SVCD MPEG Pro v7.07.exe

I just clicked on the DVD tab and then used the browse button to find the movie file. Then there's this buttion that says convert and burn.
I clicked on that button and I didn't bother with any of the settings because I have no idea what they mean.

After doing that... I didn't burn it just yet, I think it just converted the downloaded file into something else. A screen popped up saying "Conversion done! DVD Author succesfully! Would you like to open the output folder to check the result file now?"

Then I clicked ok and another screen popped up. The folder says DVD_Disk1. Then there are 2 other folders within that one named Audio_TS and Video_Ts. In the Audio_TS there are no files at all. In the Video_TS there are 6 files. files say Video_TS.BUP, Video_TS.IFO, VTS_01_0.BUP, VTS_01_0.IFO, VTS_01_1.VOB, and last one is VTS_01_2.VOB.

That's where I'm stuck. How do I burn them now and what program do I use to do that??? Is there supposed to be sound as well??? If there is no sound, does that mean I made a mistake? Where do I go from here, and did I even convert correctly?

Darvil, if you could help me, I'd greatly appreciate. I know I have a lot of questions and I know you don't want to be bothered with a lot of questions from someone who knows nothing, but I'd be very happy if you could just help me this one time. THanks so much!
[post="105867"][/post]​
Those folders video_ts means that the file has already been converted into dvd format. Thats great. Makes life easy.

Now you tell me that you can't hear audio? How are you playing the file? Are you clicking on those files in video_ts folder?

Here is what you need to do. You need to install Nero. After installing it. Click on "Nero Express" Then you will see 4 choices. Click on the 3rd choice (videos/pictures). Then click on "Dvd video files" Click on "Add" then browse to the video_ts folder and put the files in.

Then click on Next and make the right choices like pick the right dvd burner (if you have 2 that is). Then burn and after you're done.. put the dvd into a dvd player (an actual dvd player. NOT on the PC).

See if everything works out. Just do it on ONE DVD-R. Don't keep burning more if the audio doesn't work after all that. Just do one copy.

noungning

Heartless
Sharona said:

[post="105867"][/post]​

hey... after you've done conversion there is 2 folders like you said, 1 is empty and the other should have some files. this is usually how dvd or vcd breaks down because some has chapters, titles and etc. when i've converted to vcd it's like video_something audio_something, the audio one is usually the one without anyfiles but i just burn the two folders onto a disc to be on the safe side.

the two folders should be burned onto a dvd-r using any kind of software burner, because once inserted into the dvd player the dvd player will recognize the folders and read the disc as a normal dvd player. i have failed miserably with dvd-rw's, dvd+rw's, dvd+-rw's, dvd+r, so i've tried dvd-r disc and it works. i think it is because some dvd are not geared to the the newer technology stuff and the disc are too dark to be read by the laser of the dvd player for the rw's.

if you have the 2 folders, and it said "conversion was sucessfull" ...this should play sucessfully on the dvd player, unless there was more than one type of conversion? seriously i've never used this conversion before, but i think all conversions are similar, but with rm files it might be different? i've converted asf to mpg, avi to vcd, avi to dvd, and they were basically the same.

darvil

sarNie Adult
noungning said:
hey... after you've done conversion there is 2 folders like you said, 1 is empty and the other should have some files. this is usually how dvd or vcd breaks down because some has chapters, titles and etc. when i've converted to vcd it's like video_something audio_something, the audio one is usually the one without anyfiles but i just burn the two folders onto a disc to be on the safe side.

the two folders should be burned onto a dvd-r using any kind of software burner, because once inserted into the dvd player the dvd player will recognize the folders and read the disc as a normal dvd player. i have failed miserably with dvd-rw's, dvd+rw's, dvd+-rw's, dvd+r, so i've tried dvd-r disc and it works. i think it is because some dvd are not geared to the the newer technology stuff and the disc are too dark to be read by the laser of the dvd player for the rw's.

if you have the 2 folders, and it said "conversion was sucessfull" ...this should play sucessfully on the dvd player, unless there was more than one type of conversion? seriously i've never used this conversion before, but i think all conversions are similar, but with rm files it might be different? i've converted asf to mpg, avi to vcd, avi to dvd, and they were basically the same.
[post="105946"][/post]​
Ning I want to make some correction on your statements. VCDs don't have video_ts or audio_ts. Only DVDs are like that. VCDs are "Mpegav" folder

Ning caught something I missed. That is not to burn the -RW or +RW. Those the dvd players don't like very much. Its good advice.

Make her life simple by giving her an example. I'm not sure if a statement like "just burn the folders with any software" will be good. It might just confuse her more.

Sharona

sarNie Hatchling
Darvil said:
Those folders video_ts means that the file has already been converted into dvd format.  Thats great.  Makes life easy.

Now you tell me that you can't hear audio?  How are you playing the file?  Are you clicking on those files in video_ts folder?

Here is what you need to do.  You need to install Nero.  After installing it.  Click on "Nero Express"  Then you will see 4 choices.  Click on the 3rd choice (videos/pictures).  Then click on "Dvd video files"  Click on "Add" then browse to the video_ts folder and put the files in.

Then click on Next and make the right choices like pick the right dvd burner (if you have 2 that is).  Then burn and after you're done.. put the dvd into a dvd player (an actual dvd player.  NOT on the PC).

See if everything works out.  Just do it on ONE DVD-R.  Don't keep burning more if the audio doesn't work after all that.  Just do one copy.
[post="105942"][/post]​

THank you so much Darvil for helping me out here. Your instructions are easy to follow, except I keep getting this message that pops up.
Problem
It won't let me use Nero at all because once it pops up and it totally freezes the screen. What can I do about this????

Oh and about that audio thing, Yea I clicked on all the files that were in the Video_TS folder. All I can hear are scratches. That's normal right? There are no files in the Audio_TS folder. Is that normal?

WEll thanks for all the help Darvil and noungning! Now how can I fix the "error message?" Should I redownload and reinstall?

THANKS for all the help. I appreciate it lots!

darvil

sarNie Adult
Sharona said:
THank you so much Darvil for helping me out here. Your instructions are easy to follow, except I keep getting this message that pops up.
Problem
It won't let me use Nero at all because once it pops up and it totally freezes the screen. What can I do about this????

Oh and about that audio thing, Yea I clicked on all the files that were in the Video_TS folder. All I can hear are scratches. That's normal right? There are no files in the Audio_TS folder. Is that normal?

WEll thanks for all the help Darvil and noungning! Now how can I fix the "error message?" Should I redownload and reinstall?

THANKS for all the help. I appreciate it lots!
[post="106009"][/post]​

Yes its normal that audio_ts doesn't have any files in it. As for the files in video_ts. Which files were you trying to play? the vobs? Not all files in that directory are video. Also what media player opens up to play the file?

Its smart of you to take a screenshot of your error. I don't know what the error is but I just googled it and found the answer in 1 minute. Here is what you need to do.

1.) Open up "My Computer"
2.) You will see "Nero Scout" in the list. Right click on it click on the "Options" option.
3.) uncheck the "Enable Nero Scout"

Now that error should be gone. Try doing that now.

Sharona

sarNie Hatchling
Darvil said:
Yes its normal that audio_ts doesn't have any files in it. As for the files in video_ts. Which files were you trying to play? the vobs? Not all files in that directory are video. Also what media player opens up to play the file?

Its smart of you to take a screenshot of your error. I don't know what the error is but I just googled it and found the answer in 1 minute. Here is what you need to do.

1.) Open up "My Computer"
2.) You will see "Nero Scout" in the list. Right click on it click on the "Options" option.
3.) uncheck the "Enable Nero Scout"

Now that error should be gone. Try doing that now.
[post="106022"][/post]​
Okay, I opened up the vobs. They played on nero showtime The only sounds I could hear were scratching sounds. Is that normal?

I followed the rest of your directions and got to the burning part.
Is this correct? adding files YOu add all the files in the Video_TS folder and then click next right?

So I did just that, but this popped up. Should I go on with the burning or is there a way to solve this problem?failure

Thanks for all your help once again Darvil! You are the best and I sure hope that I'm not keeping you too busy. Anyways... thanks a lot for everything. You are my lifesaver

darvil

sarNie Adult
Sharona said:
Okay, I opened up the vobs. They played on nero showtime The only sounds I could hear were scratching sounds. Is that normal?

I followed the rest of your directions and got to the burning part.
Is this correct? adding files YOu add all the files in the Video_TS folder and then click next right?

So I did just that, but this popped up. Should I go on with the burning or is there a way to solve this problem?failure

Thanks for all your help once again Darvil! You are the best and I sure hope that I'm not keeping you too busy. Anyways... thanks a lot for everything. You are my lifesaver
[post="106029"][/post]​
On the failure. It asks you if you want to continue. Just say yes and burn the DVD.

This will be your test DVD. See if it will work.

Sharona

sarNie Hatchling
Darvil said:
On the failure.  It asks you if you want to continue.  Just say yes and burn the DVD.

This will be your test DVD.  See if it will work.
[post="106041"][/post]​

okay... I burned it onto a dvd and the video came out fine, but there was no sound. Again... only some annoying scratching sounds were heard. Eeek! they hurt the ears. So... um... is there a way to fix this somehow???

Okay... Um there is also another problem. It seems to start off okay,
but after a while the movie starts to slow down. It's kind of like when you play a dvd with scratches on the dvd. This happens when I play the dvd on the computer.

When I play the dvd on the dvd player... the whole thing messes up. It starts off okay then the movie moves really fast skipping some scenes and it just all of a sudden stops.

Do you think that when I converted it, something went wrong? Do you have any idea how I can fix these issues to make it viewable on TV? Thanks for helping out!

noungning

Heartless
was the file okay before you converted it?

sorry tim, i should be using more technical friendly terms. i.e. name of the software.