help with twitter plssss

Calisto

sarNie Hatchling
ok i sound like a dumbie but i can't figure this out and it's pissing me off. i'm trying to msg a thai celebrity on twitter but don't know how. so on their comments, i click reply at the bottom and then it says msg being sent or something but i never get anything back. like i do see them replying to people with RT@this or that person but not mines. and i know i can't send them a direct msg b/c they're not following me. do they actually get msgs from strangers like what i did but just not replying or they don't get anything from people they don't follow?

Kudaranai

sarNie Adult
When you're at twitter's home page (assuming that you are logged in), you'll see a big white box under the text that says "What's happening?" This is where you'll put in your messages. To tweet to someone, you use the @ sign. For example, let's say that the celebrity you want to tweet to is using the name "CelebrityA", you would type "@CelebrityA" follow by the message you want to send.

@CelebrityA I'm your biggest fan! The weather is getting cold, don't forget your jackets!

That line above will show up on their feed under the @Mentions category. So yes, they CAN see your tweets to them assuming that not a lot of people had tweeted them that your message is flooded away, or that they actually went through all the @Mentions lines. And also, the tweet that you sent will show up on your own twitter page.

RT means Retweet, which means that retweeted someone else's tweet.

So they either didn't see your tweet to them, or they saw it but did not reply (which is usually the case if you're tweeting to a celebrity. SOMETIMES and certain celebrities do try to tweet back to you though.)