help on question

kulyia

RUK
like i want to share a book with you guys but im afraid when they *author or publisher* they will do something bad to me? I want to share a little with you guys so you guys can see how well of a book this book is. What if when i type down the story on here, will anything still happen Even though i put the credit and publisher/link to get a copy of the book on the side? i wont put up the whole book just 1/3 of it. asap would be Great

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I wouldn't risk it. 1/3 of a book is still too much. If there's an excerpt on the author's site or Amazon why not just post up a link instead?
I'm a member of a book forum for my favorite author. She stops by when she can but her assistant is there all the time usually, and they've talked about people posting up portions of her book or other authors. You can get sued if they can track you down and they could possibly shut down the website that the post is on as well. There are a lot of websites that have been shut down already because of it.

A few lines from the book or even just a paragraph from a chapter is no biggie but more than that and you risk getting into trouble. And YES there is a way for them to find out. Many authors are losing money and their contracts because there are people out there that thought they'd be nice and "share" their books for FREE with others, whether via downloads or just posting them up online. For this reason the agencies that these authors are with have been searching the web constantly for these people and websites and shutting them down.

kulyia

RUK
wow. okay No more. lol. but it's a GOOD book. its called Thousand pieces of Gold. its the first book on my list for the past 5 years. Love it. you should check it out sometimes. Amazing book. i accidentally left it at the library. OUCH iknow. have you guys ever work at the library? school library? do they turn it in or ????

kulyia

RUK
lmfao i almost did but its okay. :] its EVERYTHING you would want in a book, movie, fanfic. :D

romance, historical, Lust, Revenge, Death, Tears, Betrayal, Love that is still there even after all these yrs. here is the link to it. someone post a tiny synopsis to it.

PICTURE
okay not that much information. but i garantee you, if you're ever in a library, check it out. The first 3 chapters will keep you coming back for more. And as you get deeper into the book, you cant wait to turn to page and find out what's next. i was about to post the summary in my words but im not sure if it's safe.lol

i think i shed a few tears when reading this and this other book that made me cry not once but twice. lol. its another book sumwhere in my room but i like this book more

Muddie Murda

smile...
I'll have to find it when I visit the library next time. It's been a while since I've read and I want some fictional romance to go goo goo gaa gaa over! LOL My favorite on my bookshelf is "The Bride" by Julie Garwood. *sigh* Please make a movie. lol Do we have book thread? Just wondering because I'm all off topic here.

kulyia

RUK
sorry for the late reply. Happy merry late Xmas. lol well its, quite a sad realistic ending. the picture makes you wanna open up and read doesnt it? lol we should have a book thread. lol. i will probably be in sarn more often if so too. :D

none3

sarNie Hatchling
I've read "the bride" by Julie Garwood. Jayme, the n'ek is funny and cute and brave! Alex the p'ek is something else too! Great plot and set back in the historical romance era.

Here is my list of favorite author/books:

Catherine Coulter: All the sherbrook triology etc...
Julie Garwood
Sherlee Busbee
Amanda Quick
and Johanna Lindsey (all her books are great especially The Captive Bride.

Napat01

sarNie Juvenile
I've read "the bride" by Julie Garwood. Jayme, the n'ek is funny and cute and brave! Alex the p'ek is something else too! Great plot and set back in the historical romance era.

Here is my list of favorite author/books:

Catherine Coulter: All the sherbrook triology etc...
Julie Garwood
Sherlee Busbee
Amanda Quick
and Johanna Lindsey (all her books are great especially The Captive Bride.
LOL, none3 I checked out that book at the library "The Bride" and I'm so addicted to it right now! Already on page 80! I love Jamie she's so funny fighting with Alec! Thanks, already spoiled myself with their bed scenes, it's almost as great as Donna's!