help! i deleted my computer's sound device!!!

jenjen

sarNie Hatchling
okies it was way back like when "house of flying daggers" came out and i downloaded it..and while i was watching it the sound was tweaking on me...but it still played...just skipped then play skip then play....i was so madd so i tried other clips and the same problem...i was so madd -and crazy- that i deleted the sound device some how...i dont remember the name...and i been watching lakorns om my brother's computer ever since...he is alwayse kicking me off his computer...and my computer was built...and so i need help! im not really a computer technition...so please help!i want sound on my computer!!!! please...thanks

gs

Sexy Back
hmmm that happen to me too i was removing prg and and delete my sound also...u can do a system restore or use the disk that they provide for u...if u dont have the disk go too thier wed site and download it as for me i just did the system restore much easy

jenjen

sarNie Hatchling
is system restore gonna work cause it was deleted like 2 years ago...well my computer was built from scratch so wat kind of dsik would it be? thanks gs...

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
HmMm do u have a reformat disk? if so then try using a reformat disk.. it should be there again after u reformat... but the thing is im not suree if u deleted the whole sound card or just the thingy but this is how u can check

In Windows XP you can check and change the default Sound Device as follows: Start --> Settings --> Control Panel --> Sounds and Audio Devices --> Audio In that window check that your default device for Sound playback and Sound recording is set to the correct values, e.g. Sound playback is usually set to your sound card.

sorry if it wasnt much help :wub:

gs

Sexy Back
most motherboard has a built in sound card and if thats wat u have then u can reinstall the sound card using ur motherboard cd...

jenjen

sarNie Hatchling
okies thanks girls! i will try to find the cd...i hope i find them too///thanks again...but wat if i cant find the cds? are there any at the store? please help..thanks

gs

Sexy Back
if u really did deleted out the sound card prg and not just turn it off....if u just turn it off try doing wat KhoOnxNouxWanxJai say if not....u could install the sound card again using the cd from the motherboard if u lost the cd....u can go to their site and download it....u need to know wat type of motherboard u have to do that....