Have you tried to take a Lakorn Break?

I don't think you need to take a break from watching lakorn/drama to find your internal "me" time. There's always that dry period where there's nothing to watch and that's the break that you take, unless you're super addictive and watch everything :lol:

I switch back and forth from lakorn to kdrama and sometimes cdrama and if there's really nothing interesting I go back to watching kvariety shows like Running Man and 2 Days and 1 Nights. I always tend to pick one drama and focus on it and do most of my watching time an hour or two before bed because after a stressful day at work or school it's nice to sit down to enjoy a good laugh, spazzing, or some tear-jerking moments. But if there's really nothing to watch at all, I will go back to my books, or my paintings (I'm an artist who has a lot of unfinished artwork to finish) and maybe date time with my girlfriends or spend more time with family.

I don't think it's hard to spend some time away from watching shows, I've traveled for work and for vacation before and once you get adjusted in the new environment you'll completely be absorbed to the idea of adventure and touring your new location, the idea of watching anything will vanish from your subconscious.

My longest break from any show in general is maybe 2 years. I think it was during my junior and senior years of college and I really needed to focus on my study because I need that scholarship money and to graduate on time so I put all my focuses on studying. It was rough :crybaby2:
I have a bad habit. When I discover someone, I can spend HOURS fangirling them. I think that's what causing this feeling of being "unproductive".

I have loads of unfinished stuff too. Mostly photos (No fan photos...I deleted them because it was taking up too much space. These are personal photography). I really take so much of them and I need to organize them. I have been planning on this like 3 years.

I am like the queen of procrastination in my friend group. Guilt is getting to me now. I spend so much time (I feel like I am helping with the promotion of the artist of my craze) that I am lacking focusing that time on me. You know what I am trying say right?

Pooh4ever

sarNie Adult
I have a bad habit. When I discover someone, I can spend HOURS fangirling them. I think that's what causing this feeling of being "unproductive".

I have loads of unfinished stuff too. Mostly photos (No fan photos...I deleted them because it was taking up too much space. These are personal photography). I really take so much of them and I need to organize them. I have been planning on this like 3 years.

I am like the queen of procrastination in my friend group. Guilt is getting to me now. I spend so much time (I feel like I am helping with the promotion of the artist of my craze) that I am lacking focusing that time on me. You know what I am trying say right?
Absolutely! I've been thorough the same. Procrastination is the devil within us all. Some not as much as others but it's something we all have encountered once in our lives. I think what you need is to find a hobby that can help you escape from the formation of social network and dramaland. I know it can be addicted, trust me I've been thorough it before, but it's not something that is incurable.

This might sound crazy but have you ever tried to go a day without your smartphone or any connection to the internet or wifi? Maybe taken this opportunity to challenge yourself with a mission impossible :lol: But I can tell you it's possible. When I'm working on my artwork in my studio I tend to leave my phone at home or keep it in silence to avoid any disturbance. You have no idea how much work I can finish and you think time goes by fast but it doesn't at all. Time seems to be slower if you don't roam on your social network accounts and dramas. A full lakorn episode is a mere an hour+ long, you can spend that one hour doing something proactive :lol:

With that being said, taking some time out of your daily life to watch drama isn't a bad thing but before submerging yourself into the pleasure of the fictional, maybe try to get some work done for yourself and for whatever your occupation is. That's why I said, you don't need a break from lakorn or social media but make watching lakorn a hobby that you can take an hour or two out of your daily life to enjoy, and not a center focus of your life.

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
Since my parents pay for my university stuff I don't need a job which equals more free time than most people my age. Therefore I am always watching something. Since lakorns are longer and easier to binge watch than the American shows I watch I save them for the weekend to watch with my family but basically everyday I am online on the web reading about lakorns or on buzzfeed... so no I don't think I take lakorn breaks or breaks from the internet in general lol. Even when I'm on a car trip I download lakorns to watch on the ride. Lakorns are inescapable for me and its the oh-so-addictive drug.

Absolutely! I've been thorough the same. Procrastination is the devil within us all. Some not as much as others but it's something we all have encountered once in our lives. I think what you need is to find a hobby that can help you escape from the formation of social network and dramaland. I know it can be addicted, trust me I've been thorough it before, but it's not something that is incurable.

This might sound crazy but have you ever tried to go a day without your smartphone or any connection to the internet or wifi? Maybe taken this opportunity to challenge yourself with a mission impossible :lol: But I can tell you it's possible. When I'm working on my artwork in my studio I tend to leave my phone at home or keep it in silence to avoid any disturbance. You have no idea how much work I can finish and you think time goes by fast but it doesn't at all. Time seems to be slower if you don't roam on your social network accounts and dramas. A full lakorn episode is a mere an hour+ long, you can spend that one hour doing something proactive :lol:

With that being said, taking some time out of your daily life to watch drama isn't a bad thing but before submerging yourself into the pleasure of the fictional, maybe try to get some work done for yourself and for whatever your occupation is. That's why I said, you don't need a break from lakorn or social media but make watching lakorn a hobby that you can take an hour or two out of your daily life to enjoy, and not a center focus of your life.

Good idea na. Maybe not giving up the entire summer but maybe 1 day a week. I will go crazy without a phone but I am sure I will be fine not to watch a show or play IG. LOL
I need an online detox. :p

@Cupid Candy Hey! I am with you. too addicted to lakorn/shows so I am going to give some up this summer. BTW, your status made me LMAO. Sarnie COMA? What's that? :risas3:

sarN

sarNie Granny
Good idea na. Maybe not giving up the entire summer but maybe 1 day a week. I will go crazy without a phone but I am sure I will be fine not to watch a show or play IG. LOL
I need an online detox. :p

@Cupid Candy Hey! I am with you. too addicted to lakorn/shows so I am going to give some up this summer. BTW, your status made me LMAO. Sarnie COMA? What's that? :risas3:
That b/c she have over 16000 posts , HAHAHA , ur status change according to the amount u post but once u hit 500 (I think) you can change the status title to anything u want but some old member just leave it alone or didn't know they can change it. So far the most message posts is Alice , over 20,000! And her status said 'sarNie Tombstone'

Ranks are sarNie: egg (O), hatchling (100) juvenile (300) ,adult (500) ,oldmaid (2500),old fart(5200), granny(1900), coma(1400), tombstone(20000), angle(25000) , o my godness (28000) & reincarnation at 30,000

That b/c she have over 16000 posts , HAHAHA , ur status change according to the amount u post but once u hit 500 (I think) you can change the status title to anything u want but some old member just leave it alone or didn't know they can change it. So far the most message posts is Alice , over 20,000! And her status said 'sarNie Tombstone'

Ranks are sarNie: egg (O), hatchling (100) juvenile (300) ,adult (500) ,oldmaid (2500),old fart(5200), granny(1900), coma(1400), tombstone(20000), angle(25000) , o my godness (28000) & reincarnation at 30,000
Funniest rankings evaaaaaa!

sarN

sarNie Granny
Another funny thing , if you look at the discussion forum description, you will see miss spell words all over , it been there since day 1. I always wonder when members going point that out FF 10 years later , someone finally notice it LOL.