Hate my co-worker

nophankh

sarNie Adult
I work, I work full time.

I don't hate my job, I like 80% of my co-workers, the rest I can ignore.
Some like me, some don't like me. As long as they don't bother me, I'm fine with them.
I'm an adult, I know how to suck it up.

But this one kid, I can't stand. I have been working with him for years, but since I moved to a position where I have to work closer with him, I want to kick him in the nads nearly every day.
--he never wants to accept responsibility for his errors, blames it on everyone else. Which is the polar opposite of me.
--his immaturity level is that of a gnat. Last week, he wanted to show me how he could squirt water from his mouth and be a water fountain. Ah Okay, NO dumbass, do I look like I would enjoy that crap? He did it to-- water fell on the floor. I know it's just aqua,it is still dirty and the carpet could mold. Hell yea, I yelled at him.
- At work, there is always food. Last week, we got a bucket of popcorn, everyone used a cup to scoop up their share, he uses his hand and made the bucket his personal popcorn bucket. EWWW! Where have your hands been? People still eat from there. Keep it sanitary dumbass.
--To top it off, I have to eat lunch with this mother-fudger. He hates his job and complains about our other co-workers. I like most of the people he complains about. I noticed he picks on the weaker people in our department because he's pathetic.
--His excessive phone use gets on my nerves too. WE could have been done earlier if this mother-fudger wasn't texting his bitchy girlfriend from a different department.
--He's a fudging nutjob too, anger issues, people issues, family issues, girlfriend issues. Do I care, this is work.
--He brags too much.

Most importantly, he is constantly trying to get me in trouble because I get the job done quicker and by the book so that we can leave earlier. He wants overtime. I don't care. I hate being there with him, thus I'm doing my job as fast and quick as I can to leave. WE can't leave until everything is processed and sent off.

He is a conniving little bitch too and I think he is a closet gay guy too. Nothing wrong with being gay, but he is the stereotype of the drama-king type. Loves his entertainment news, Taylor Swift, britney spears, needs more attention than anyone can handle. Loves his drama!
'I work out, so I have the right to brag about it.' Dude, you are a chubby Hispanic guy who wants McDonalds to cater at your wedding and you only go to the gym once every other 2 months. Go fuck yourself. Sorry, I'm being really evil right nw. I can't stand him

I don't like being mean to people and I don't want to eat lunch with this back-stabber anymore, but I don't know how to do it.
Forget it, when Monday comes along, I'm just not going to sit with him anymore. I have had enough.

I'm gonna start politely ignoring him too. Our only discussion will be work-related, the rest none of his business. I'm scared he will go psycho on me. He does have issues.

I tell him all the time, he is my hispanic little brother from another mother. I want him to be a better person, but I just don't have the energy to deal with his crap.

thai4ever93

sarNie Oldmaid
Damn that sounds horrible!! I would be annoyed ass hell, I'm surprised you haven't knocked the kid out lol! Sorry you have to work with such a childish irresponsible kid. I don't see why you have to force yourself to sit with him for lunch in the 1st place. I sure wouldn't. Have you stopped sitting with him yet? You should just let him know that his personal problems are not appropriate to discuss during work. How did he even get hired!? Haha ok i'm being mean now.

nophankh

sarNie Adult
I'm still eating lunch with him, he just pisses me off every damn day.
Like I said, he is my little brother from another mother with a lot of issues.
I can't break away from him.

We are the only night people, if I want to stay in this job, I have to tolerate him.

He has gotten in trouble before for anger management issues. He saw a shrink and was prescribed pills.
Our managers took pity on him and he was not fired. At that time, he threatened to beat someone. I believe he was written up for creating a hostile work environment. This was two years ago. Sometimes though, his psychological issues do come back. I have to admit, he has gotten better. Still, he is annoying.

He's improved a little, decreased his phone use. He stopped nagging about our other co-workers, I think he started to notice I wasn't participating or enjoying his rants about other people. Last week, I playfully told him, you don't care about anyone and you're horrible. Of course, I meant it and he knows it too.

Right now, he is trying to compete with me. He's so childish, it's unbelievable.

Around him, I try to be as calm as a Buddhist nun. I'm very cautious about what I say too because you never know with him. He is very paranoid about losing his job, not getting enough hours. Just last week, he told me he was annoyed they hired new people to our department. Like okay, we need people. Chill out.

I want to quit because of him but my benefits are awesome and the job market is horrible.

How did he get hired, I don't know. The lady who hired him was fired years ago. She wasn't making deadline and was a pushover. She was a lovely lady though. I liked her.

nophankh

sarNie Adult
keeping up a front helps a lot. Faking it.
At times, he can come off as a people pleaser.
I think he could be a great person, if he would calm down, stop being petty, stop blaming and criticizing other people.
He's been through a lot, his dad was an alcoholic, his mom died of cancer when he was 7, he was raised by his abusive brother. The brother didn't beat him, he beat his wife and he would witness their turbulent fights.

A lot of things from his past formed who he is today---a not so healthy guy.

^ Even so, he still needs to be responsible for his behavior. Nowadays, basically everyone can list a bunch of things done "wrong" to them during their childhood...

Melissa

sarNie Egg
keeping up a front helps a lot. Faking it.
At times, he can come off as a people pleaser.
I think he could be a great person, if he would calm down, stop being petty, stop blaming and criticizing other people.
He's been through a lot, his dad was an alcoholic, his mom died of cancer when he was 7, he was raised by his abusive brother. The brother didn't beat him, he beat his wife and he would witness their turbulent fights.

A lot of things from his past formed who he is today---a not so healthy guy.
After reading that I kinda feel bad for him, If he got some counseling he's probably be ok.

nophankh

sarNie Adult
After reading that I kinda feel bad for him, If he got some counseling he's probably be ok.
There lies the problem. He was in counseling and was taking anti-depressants, since a year ago, he has stopped.
He needs to get back to counseling and start taking pills again. My life would better if he was sedated.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Maybe he is mentally ill and needs to get back on his medication. It sounds kind of dangerous not taking your anti-depressants. Isn't there someone you can talk to about him as a concerned coworker? I hope you don't have to deal with him that way anymore.