Has anyone ever been 'placed' into the next grade?

nina07

sarNie Adult
Like not retained or held back, but sort of like you didn't quite meet the
standards of passing the grade but you got promoted anyways? If that makes sense. :p
Or does anyone know anyone who has? My brother's going through this whole ordeal, and I'm
just sort of curious on what exactly being placed into the next grade means.

Thanks. :)

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
He'll probably be taking sheltered classes I knew some people who were placed in the next grade and took sheltered classes to meet the normal requirements

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Well my cousin was held back in second grade, because she didn't meet requirements or something. I remembered she cried due to embarrassment and having to repeat the second grade another year.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
That's strange, I've never heard of anyone being allowed to move to the next grade if they didn't meet the requirements. Not sure what that says about your brother's school but...I won't go there. :p

It would make more sense if the school made him some sort of deal, like take summer school or do some sort of extra work to make up for it.
If not then, well I'm with the whole sheltered class thing.

yep i was and got a lot of tutoring outside of class. kind of sucked since i had more hw to do than everyone else! eventually caught up and got into advanced classes though. but man, it really sucked being behind at the time.

CTR

The Realist guy here period
That's strange, I've never heard of anyone being allowed to move to the next grade if they didn't meet the requirements. Not sure what that says about your brother's school but...I won't go there. :p

It would make more sense if the school made him some sort of deal, like take summer school or do some sort of extra work to make up for it.
If not then, well I'm with the whole sheltered class thing.
Or they could try to pass him up on purpose. The No Child Left Behind Act. If a school is not doing well then they could lose money or be shut down. I know the public school in my area is doing it but not like that. They are actually lowering their standards to try to get more kids to pass. It is more like a factory. Quantity versus quality. It is bad because when these kids go to college, they are so far behind.