GVP hospitalize

mly

sarNie Hatchling
http://www.sacbee.com/101/story/236872.html

Gen. Vang Pao hospitalized
Bee Metro Staff -

Last Updated 3:21 pm PDT Friday, June 22, 2007

Gen. Vang Pao, the 77-year-old Hmong leader charged in an alleged plot to overthrow the government of Laos, was hospitalized Thursday night for chest pains after spending nearly three weeks at the Sacramento County Jail.

Vang, considered the most respected Hmong leader in the nation, was moved at 9:35 p.m.

Thua Va, of the Fact Finding Commission, a Northern California-based organization, said Vang Pao complained of chest pains Thursday afternoon and was taken to the UC Davis Medical Center.

"The primary concern is he went through (heart) surgery about 10 years ago and takes special medication on a daily basis," Va said. "We've been hoping they would release him on bail."

Sheriff's officials would not release details on his ailment or his condition.

Vang was not rushed to the hospital, one source said, but the medical condition "required a higher level of care than could be provided by the jail medical staff," according to a news release issued Friday by the Sacramento Sheriff's Department.

Due to patient confidentiality regulations, Vang's medical condition is not being released.

Vang, 77, has survived a stroke and heart bypass surgery and suffers from diabetes and high cholesterol.

Another of the 11 suspects charged in the case has been hospitalized since the arrests were first announced in early June because of a condition related to tuberculosis.

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
Shocking. Yet interesting, both at the same time. I'm amazed.
Two people, eh? One with tuberculosis and one with a stroke,
heart bypass surgery, diabetes, and high cholesterol. Poor VP,
he's so sickly. But who knows. Maybe he poisoned himself so
he wouldn't have to die in jail. But! Don't bash me, I'm so
bored of it. I'm just saying, we have to see it from two sides.

I hope he gets better and finishes off this plot. LOLs. NOT.
WTH. This thing is getting sh*tty. First off, there's a rumor
that VP killed himself - now, he's hospitalized. Well, I shall
tell my father this. Interesting, very. Thanks for the article!

Mae

sarNie Adult
The last thing GVP would do is give up by poising himself or committing suicide.... He knows he's got all his people behind him and he's still our leader no matter what......