Guru (2007)

cecilia

Staff member
i dont' know about you guys..but i'm anticipating this movie after UMRAO JAAN..i think they are the hottest
couple in bollywood..if they are to marry for real..i would so love that..Ahbishek is so hot in UMRAO JAAN..

anyway..here's some pix and preview of GURU..*ahem..Ahbishek gain a few kilo for this role and so is Aish too..so excuse the chubbiness ja*

In a small village of Idhar in Gujarat, a young man dreams of making it big one day. His father a headmaster of the village school tells him that dreams never come true. But this young lad did dream. As he grew up, so did his dreams. He loved Idhar. It was quiet, peaceful, lazy and green. But he knew that his destiny was beyond this village... Set in the picturesque beauty of the 1958, Bombay, this young man comes to the city of fortune with only two shirts, a wife, a brother-in-law and Rs.15,000 to start a business. But all doors were shut for a newcomer. Indian business and trade were run by a handful of the rich and the privileged. Only they were given the licenses. They had the quotas and they controlled all government trade.

It was an exclusive club where it was impossible for an ordinary middle class newcomer to enter, let alone succeed. He had to kick the doors open or cajole them to open. He did both and would not take no for an answer. And that's because he never knew the word 'no'. Despite all barriers, he started his own company called Shakti Trading in a 350 sq feet room, with one telephone, one table and three chairs. Forty years on, Shakti Corporation became the first Indian company to enter the Forbes top 500 lists. People asked him how this happened and he said think big, think ahead and think fast. Guru is a movie in which a poor villager goes from rags to riches due to his sheer determination and personal drive, despite being faced with many business barriers. Film is said to release in 2007 it sees the much talked about Bollywood couple, Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai in stella roles.

With choreography by Saroj Khan and Brinda, Guru, produced by Ratnam and G. Srinivasan, is to be released on January 12, 2007
Characters and Summary
Below is a vignette of each character in the film, as said in their own words :

Note: The information below was compiled from IndiaFM.com

The cast of Guru.Gurukant Desai - Idhar village, Gujarat. Don't dream. Dreams never come true, my father, the headmaster of our village school often told me when I was a young boy. But I did dream. As I grew, so did my dreams. Bigger than my outstreatched arms, bigger than my small house, bigger than my village. I loved Idhar. It was quiet, peaceful, lazy and green. But I knew that my destiny was beyond this village. I knew that my destiny had to be made by me. When I came to Bombay I had two shirts, a wife, a brother-in-law and Rs.15,000 in a small suitcase to start a business. But all doors were shut for a newcomer. Indian business and trade were run by a handful of the rich and the privileged. Only they were given the licenses, they had the quotas and they controlled all the government and trade. It was an exclusive club where it was imposible for an ordinary middle class newcomer to enter, leave alone succeed. You had to kick the doors open or cajole them open. I did both. I did not take no for an answer. And that's because I can never hear the word no. 40 years later. We started Shakti Trading in a 350 sq feet room, with one telephone, one table and three chairs. Today Shakti Corporation is the first Indian company to enter the Forbes top 500 list. People ask me how this happened. I said to them, "Think Big, Think Ahead and Think Fast".
Sujatha - I hated my father for forcing me to marry Guru. But I was sent away to Bombay to live with my unwanted husband and my anger in a one-room chawl. I don’t know when I stopped thinking of him as a stranger and started calling him Guru. I was too shy to say things like I love you, but love was perfume I wore everyday. Some people call him God, some say he is evil, but for me he is the man who has to just enter the room and I can feel that perfume waft its way across and settle on me... that perfume called love.
Manikdas Gupta (Nanaji) - Swathantra – is the newspaper I run, and the newspaper runs me. Gurubhai was like a son to me, when I met him first on the streets of Bombay. He had righteous anger and a desire to achieve his goals. I liked that. He was in a hurry to make his own way. I liked that even more. When others told me that Gurubhai was not all white, I thought they were envious of him and ignored them. That was my mistake. No cost is too great in the pursuit of truth. And in my fight for the truth I knew that I’d either destroy Guru or myself. And I was prepared for both.
Shyam Saxena - Gurukanth Desai should be put in a jail and the keys should be thrown away. It’s not just that he is evil, but he awakens the evil in everyone. Gurubhai flirted with the law and the lawmakers, did anything and everything to enhance his business, and then buried the laws and built a fountain on top of it to make the grave look pretty. Profit and the share price were the only two parameters that mattered to him. Right and wrong, just and unjust were incidental. I will fight him and the Gurus of this world till the very end.
Meenu - I met Gurubhai when I was seven years old. He was the only one who never asked me why I limped. While Nanaji and Shyam could only see what Gurubhai had done, I could see why he had done it. When you run fast you do kick up a lot of dust. But dust always settles. I could see it from my wheelchair but Nanaji could not. I like fights. And this one where everyone I loved was fighting each other was exciting. They cared but they fought. The contradiction was exactly like life. And I loved life. Especially when there was so little of it left.
Media: i love these two songs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAblOGco1E0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7bUy1Nr0yE

A random tribute of them together :yahoo: they're in so many films already..around 5 + two more upcoming films ^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0CGO4NS8Gs

MORE THOROUGH DETAILS:
http://www.msnspecials.in/guru/video.asp

cecilia

Staff member
^thanks for the songs..i've download my already..but i'm gonna test adn see if you have a better quality than mine..LOL..

Mae

sarNie Adult
It's official!!!!! They're engaged and will marry sometime this year!!!!! The engagement ceremony took place this past Sunday.....

Kelly

It's official!!!!! They're engaged and will marry sometime this year!!!!! The engagement ceremony took place this past Sunday.....
Are you sure? I doubt it ahah unless it rella happens lol....but yea I saw bits of Umrao Jaan it seems ok....this one I haven't even seen!

Mae

sarNie Adult
Are you sure? I doubt it ahah unless it rella happens lol....but yea I saw bits of Umrao Jaan it seems ok....this one I haven't even seen!
I'm positive..the great news is all over cyberspace..and Aishwarya's future father in law confirmed it too!!!