[GROUP FF] Heartbreakers

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
We're proud to present AsianFuse's new group collaberating fanfic!!!  
 ​
Heartbreakers
 ​
 ​
Authors:
Iya, Narkrakdin24, Aikoden
 ​
Casts:
Nadech Kugimiya & Yaya Urassaya​
Mark Prin & Mint Chalida | Liu Yi Fei & Wang Lee Hom​
Mew Laknara & Sato Takeru​
 ​
Genre:
Revenge | Fantasy​
 ​
 ​

Iya

sarNie Adult
Yay! So excited. lol. Since I know everyone's itching to read and share, (including myself, haha :D) I'll start.

The prologue is pretty short, but Chapter One will be making up for it because it's very long. Please excuse my grammar, because it's very bad and can be confusing. When in doubt, just know that the story is told in past tense. hehe.

Here's goes:
:dance1:

Prologue:

Saskia stood over the pair of lovers as they lay lifelessly in each other arms. A wave of emotions washed over her as she realized that she had failed once again. In the past centuries, she had faced failures before, though they barely amount to the number of success she had accumulated over the course of her life mission. But for this particular couple, she had failed all eleven times, each time they died with unfulfilled love but were always in each other’s arms.

It was a pity that no matter how many times they reincarnate, how many times the lovers were reunited, they never passed the final test of their love. And always, it ended with both lives taken before it even began. Anger and grief washed over Saskia as she fought to control her anguish. Doesn’t the lovers know that their fate will no longer cross path from this moment on? Don’t they know that with this final death, they are decree to eternal separation, to never again know the existence of one another, nor the love so strong that bind them and brought them together every lifetimes they were incarnate into?

No! They must reunite again! She will make sure of it. She, Saskia of the Guardians, the Keeper of Threads, had created miracles after miracles, offered hope and miracles, will see to it that the two will reunite. And this time, they will not end in the same fate as before. The power of love has always been a powerful force and she is sure that it’ll lend her a helping hand.

But how? Unlike her other miracles, this one had already transcend the amount of chances and hope she was able to give. And no matter how many times she had worked her magic, they continued to fail. They loved but not trust. They found one another again and again, but were unable to unite, ending their young lives before their love can ever be fulfilled.

There must be a way. There must! She will see to it.

“So they had finally broken destiny.”

Startled, Saskia turned around to find Virnia of the Guardians, Keeper of Fate perched upon a tree branch not far away from her. her wings fluttering to a close as Vernia smiled at Saskia. “Sad that these two always end the same way; dying in each other’s arms. If only they can trust as they loved.”

“If only...” Saskia repeated, once again looking down at the couple at her feet. She was lost in a moment of renewed grief before she look up at Virnia again. “Why must you end them this way, Virnia?”

A frown marred Virnia forehead as she glared at Saskia, a flash of anger in her eyes. “And in what way shall I end them? Shall I end the life of one while letting the other one lived? You yourself know that is not possible. Dante would see to it that his life will end even without my interference. His will is powerful, where she is concerned. Or had you forgotten that he had done so the other ten times? I am only a Keeper of Fate, only so much comes into my hand. Had I interfered, as you love to do, Keelia will see to it that their end will not be quite so clean. Not that it mattered. Their destinies are broken, so it will change. Hopefully this time, they will not end up with such tragic ends.”

“That cannot be!” Saskia cried. “They’re destined! Had they not reunited times and times again? Had they not loved and bind themselves together in all the incarnations they’d born into? Why must Keelia decreed their destiny as such?”

“Have you forgotten, Saskia, that Keelia’s only decree is that they will die together. How they lived their lives and how they chose to end is not at her hands, nor is it at my hands. In fact, these pathetic humans always blamed us for their troubles or when their lives ended up different from what they want. They had forgotten the path they walk are of their own makings. Fate only comes in when they stray too far from their destinies. And their destinies are the path they themselves set from the passionate desires and wishes of their past lifetimes. Even Keelia cannot control the making of their destinies. The path they choose to take are always up to them.” Virnia paused, the spark of anger gone from her eyes. She looked down at the couple and for a moment, Saskia thought she saw a fleeting fondness for them. “Maybe Keelia will be able to find them an equal mate after the decree, though I severely doubt. I’ve never seen a couple with loving bindings as strong as theirs. Even Romeo and Juliet fail in comparison.”

Saskia nodded her agreement. She remembered Romeo and Juliet, or at the least the couple that Shakespeare had used as a basis for his plays. They were known by different names and had live in a city mostly forgotten by the passage of time but the story of their trials lived on in Shakespeare’s play. She wondered for a moment how people would react if they had also known the other two failed incarnations and the resulting broken destiny decree that was granted at the final death. 

Saskia wasn’t there at the first two but she knew that their first incarnation had ended just as tragically as the second two. And like the second two, they were the offspring of two feuding family falling in love when it was least expect. She was married to a cruel man who was obsessed with her and he was the vengeful son of the man her husband had killed. For revenge, he had seduced her and the two were caught in a web of lies and deceit, quickly falling in love with each other before they realize the danger of their follies. The end had come when their attempt to run away was discovered by her husband and he was slayed by her husband’s sword. Unable to live in a world without him, she had willed herself to a slow and lonely death, vowing that they’ll be together again in their next life. 

Their second lifetime was as much as the first. She wasn’t married, but was forced into an engagement with his cousin. They’d fallen in love at her engagement ceremony where he was a guest. Before the week was over, they had ran away and married, spurring a fiery feud that quickly divided the family. Five days after their nuptials, her jinked fiance, with the help of his family’s army, raided their castle and killed him in front of her. Seeing the death of her husband, she committed suicide and died by his side. Holding each other’s hand as they took their last breath, they sworn to be together again for all lifetimes.

Everyone knew the story of their life as Romeo and Juliet. It was as tragic as it was ironic that they were incarnated into the same family that they had instigated the feud. because of its tragic end, Keelia had declared that they’d broken destiny and they were decreed. It had taken them another two lifetimes of loneliness and despair before Saskia was able to reunite them. The pull to them was so great that even when Saskia was in the process of binding another pair of unfortunate souls, she found herself summoned to their side. She soon realized that it was the bond of their love that had summoned her. 

For two lifetimes, they had not met, hadn’t known the existence of one another, yet the couple lived on as if they were waiting for each other. None of them were able to marry or had any relationship. They had stayed faithful to one another and lived their lives alone, unknowingly waiting for the other soul that would be forever lost to them. Keelia and Virnia had interfered many times in those two lifetimes, in an effort to help the couple moved on. Unfortunately it was as if they were untouched by fate and destiny themselves and they continued to be unaffected by the continuous efforts of the Guardians to bring them peace and potential happiness. 

By the time Saskia stepped in, it was amazingly easy for her to rebind them. Her powers, which she had barely manage to control had suddenly spawned into a uncontrollable life force  effortlessly altering the decree that forbidden them from one another. By the time it was done, it became one that allowed the couple to always reunite and be together for every lifetime. The couple themselves didn't waste time to find one another. They had reunited at a busy market, and despite their elderly age, they took one look at each other and knew what they had wait for. The pair enjoyed a good two years with one another before passing away peacefully in each other arms. Saskia, by then knew without a doubt that the couple will reunite in the next lifetime. 
They had been through another three lifetimes now, having found great and powerful families that thrived on joy and happiness. In fact, they should be reuniting again very soon. 

“Keelia’s here.”

Saskia looked up to find Keelia just as she landed on ground, her wings fluttering behind her as she straightened. Despite wings, there was no wind to mark the descend of the Keeper of Destiny. Like Virnia and herself, Keelia had also taken her human form, her long hair streaming down her back, pulled back from her face by the braids along either side of her head. She looked like what the human would call a pagan princess. Despite her beautiful and kind face, Keelia can be as hard as stone due to the nature of her work. No one can sway her from what she deem to happen nor allow her decision to be influenced by anyone but Heaven’s Hand. It was for that reason that she and Keelia usually butted head. Since the nature of Saskia’s powers constantly interferes with Keelia’s, they were constantly at odds with one another.

It was also unfortunate that even Keelia herself cannot influence Saskia’s work in any way as she did with Virnia. It wasn’t that Saskia can help it. Even she herself cannot control her own powers. That was the nature of all miracles.

Keelia approach the bodies and then glanced at Virnia, who still perched on the tree. “They’ve broken destiny,” Virnia simply answered the unspoken question. Of course, Keelia already knew. Otherwise, she wouldn’t be here.

A touch of sadness touched her eyes as Keelia silently contemplated the couple, whose bodies now turned as cold as ice. She crouched down and touch a finger to the once masculine arms wrapped around smaller body, keeping her close to him even in death. Her eyes close, she moved her finger from his arms and touched the arms of woman in his arms. Moments later, she opened her eyes and her hand opened, turning palm side up as two blob of small yellow lights floated out of the bodies and stopped atop her palm. Still as silent, she stood up, holding her palm out in front of her. With a flick of her fingers, the two lights in her palm shot into the sky and disappeared from the atmosphere. 

Saskia and Virnia watched their ascend until they couldn’t see it anymore. When they looked at Keelia again, they were surprise to find her once again crouch down in front of the now soulless bodies. She repeated her actions agian, and this time, a faint little spark of light had risen atop her palm. 

Virnia frowned. “I didn’t realize...”

Keelia help up a hand for her to quiet as she straightened once again. This time however, she cupped the light in her hand and then gently blew at it. Like the two before it, it shot into the sky, but not before sparkling intensely and bouncing around a few times.

Again, they watched it until it disappeared into the sky.

It was a long moment before Saskia could find words again. “You’re going to separate them.” She stated.

Keelia glanced at her. “It’s long overdue. They’d transcend all limits.”

“But they’d almost made it this time!” she protested.

Keelia sighed and turned to face Saskia. “You know the Heaven’s Decree, even with your lack of respect and love of its interferenece. Don’t interfere with this one, Saskia. I’ve spoken with Heaven’s Hand before I came down here. You will not be allow to interfere this time.”

Virnia perked at the news. This is strange. Heaven’s Hand had always been the neutral party. For him to interfere...

Awareness shot through Saskia like fire. “Heaven’s Hand wouldn’t agree! He knows that it’s not something I can control.”

“Be that as it may, Heaven’s Hand agreed with me that Dante and Syrena’s time are up. They had reincarnated and failed all eleven times. There will be no more leniency. They will have to go separate ways. Heaven’s Decree must be abide.”

Saskia felt the ground vanished from her feet. “You can’t mean that, Keelia. You were always fond of Dante and Syrena. Why are you doing this to them?”

A frown creased Keelia’s forehead and there was a hint of pain in her eyes. But again, it disappeared as soon as it came and Saskia wondered for a moment if she was seeing things. “We’ve been through this before, Saskia, but I will not bend this time.” 

Virnia joined in, her voice calm and unaffected. “I agree with Keelia. It’s dreadful to see history repeating itself like this. I think Dante and Syrena should accept that there will be future for them.”

That angered Saskia like never before. “They don’t even know what had happened!”

“They should’ve taken that to their advantage. But still they’d repeat the mistake. Not once, but many times,” Keelia reminded her, her wings opening and fluttering behind her. “If you’re angry, Saskia, go talk to Heaven’s Hand. My hands are happily tied. I will not be fighting with you this time. God knows I’d never won against you. I’ve learned to accept that. This time, it’s not a fight between us.”

Saskia watched as Keelia shot up into the sky and disappeared. Virnia jumped down from the branch. “My duty calls to me, I have to go.”

“Wait!,” Saskia called and Virnia paused, her wings slowly fluttering into flight. “Do you...do you think that they deserve the final decree?”

Virnia bit her lips, her eyes wary in answering the question. “I admit that I’m fond of Dante and Syrena. They’d proven their love many centuries over and I’m sure I’m won’t be the last of the Guardians to feel so. But they deserve to be happy and a new start instead of this repetitive tragedy.” Virnia was quiet for a long moment, once again staring at the bodies a few feet from her. Suddenly, she leaped into the sky, her voice floating down to Saskia. “Keelia will be executing their new destiny soon. I suggest you do see Heaven’s Hand.”

“I doubt you’ll be succeeding this time,” Heaven’s Hand drawled as he sprawled upon a fluffy cloud, his wings fluttering intently behind him. “You will have your work cut out for you, Saskia. I suggest you opt out of this one. A decision had already been made. There will no changes.”

Saskia stood facing the handsome god, the Keeper of the Guardians. Heaven’s Hand is gods’ messenger with the sole duty of keeping watch over the Guardians. Although he never interfered with the Guardians’ duties, he is there to settle and resolve issues that are beyond the Guardian’s powers. All the Guardians are fond of him. There wasn’t a reason not to. Heaven’s Hand’s a fair and kind god. Despite his outer appearance and attitude he treated everyone with respect and reasons and they returned the favor. Though he is not without flaws, the most apparent is that he love the pleasures of human life. It’s not unusual to find Heaven’s Hand mingled amongst the human. He enjoyed the spontaneous actions of human affairs, their ways of life, their relationship with one another. As a result, there were many circumstances where he’d taken actions that were more beneficial to humankind than the gods. Fortunately, none of the Guardians nor the Gods were able discredit his actions as he always have a very explanation for his actions.

Saskia was sure that if Heaven’s Hand have his way, he would be would be a human rather than a god. But she knew that he was too fond of the Guardians to make such a sacrifice. He had always been a father, a guidance to the Guardians and they were his pride.

None of the Guardians knew the origins of Heaven’s Hand. They only knew that he was sent by the gods to watch over them. If Saskia were to guess, he must be as old as humankind itself. And because he’s a god, he never age, his face and body forever frozen in its youthful handsomeness that never fail to make any goddess swoon. Not that it bothered him one bit. He was faithful to one, and to only one goddess, Keelia. Unlike other immortal relationships, theirs have always been private and quiet. A stranger would think they were nothing more than friends, until they witness the intensity of the love they have for each other whenever they happened to glance at each other.

For that matter, Saskia was grateful she didn’t cause a strife in the relationship between Heaven’s Hand and Keelia. She was always fearful that her disagreements with Keelia will cause a strain to Heaven’s Hand, since he always had to settle many of their discords. But somehow Heaven’s Hand and Keelia had always manage to keep their relationship from influencing any problems that involved the three of them.

“I understand that they’d broken their destiny,” Saskia argued. “But the couple deserve another chance. We should give it to them.”

“We had given them more chances than any beings on Earth. It’s time to end things, Saskia. They cannot keep going to like this. Besides, you can’t do anything nor will your powers be enough to help them.”

Saskia frowned. “What?”

Heaven’s Hand sighed and went to stand in front of her. “Saskia, you know I’ll never interfere with your rightful duty as Keeper of the Threads. Everyone knows that it’s not something anyone, even you, can control or manage. But it’s not possible this time. Your powers will not be able to work where this is concern. Dante and Syrena had built a barrier around themselves so powerful that nothing can interfere.”

“But that is an advantage. It would be very easy to--”

“What I meant is that what happens in their lifetime is up to themselves. The barrier would not allow any interference, even from the Guardians. You know why they always ended up the same way, in every single lifetime. It’s something that they had never overcome. For them to do so, they must learn it themselves. So Saskia, your powers will do them no good. Even Keelia only have the powers to manipulate their paths so that they won't meet. You may succeed in making them meet again and again, for hundreds more incarnations, and they will still not overcome that tragedy. It's not possible for them now. Keelia is right, where this is concern. We must not let the tragedy continue and the only way is to separate them for all eternity.”

A tear fell from her eyes, her grief over the outcome becoming almost unbearable. Heaven’s Hand frowned and caught the drop in his hand. “Saskia. You must not be like this. There had been failures before. You must accept this.” The watched the drop of tears in his hand as it turned into a crystal gem. Once it solidify, he gently placed it in her hand.

“I can’t,” Saskia whispered. “I can’t accept this. I have to try. Heaven’s Hand, let me try one more time. If I still fail, I will let them be, but please say you’ll give me another time.”

Heaven’s Hand stared at her for a long time, his face compassionate and loving. Softly, he caressed her cheek. “I worry what this may do to your powers. You could walk away from this with no nothing left, even your powers.”

“It’s a risk I’m willing to take,” she answered sadly. “I’m the Thread Keeper, remember? I’m not supposed to exist, much less be a part of the Guardians. If I can’t use my powers to the best of my ability, then I’m not one of you.”

His eyes flashed in anger. “You are one of us, Saskia!” he rasped. “Never let me hear of you saying so again. The consequences will be dreadful if I do. Now, regarding your request, I will grant you that wish. But it’ll be the last for Dante and Syrena. I will not upset Keelia again over this.”

Saskia nodded and he waved a hand, letting her know she can leave. She curtsied and turned to leave. “Saskia...” She paused in her step. “One of my greatest pleasure was having you as part of the Guardians.” With a sad smile, Saskia opened her wings and vanished into the clouds.

-------------------------------------
 ​
A here's a treat, the casting list for the Guardians:

Mint Chalida            Saskia
Virnia (Fate)            Ploy Cherman        
Keelia (Desinty)       Kim V.    
Heaven’s Hand        Aum A.

I hope you like the casting for them. I don't intend for them to have any but hey, why not? :D Because I love hearing comments, I'll stop here and will post the first chapter later in the week. :)

yayayaya

sarNie Hatchling
Loved it!!! Alittle confusing but I love it so far.. Please continue.... Fantasy type of drama yay...

Iya

sarNie Adult
@yayayaya, haha, i was re-reading it and noticed some mistakes, especially in the scenes where Keelia appeared, but it's edited. let me know if there's more. 

@thatsouthernasianchick, lol, I've fixed some of the confusing part, but let me know where it was confusing so I'll fix it. it's hard to find when I'm the writer because i would it since I already knew the story. lol. I've never heard of Ploy Tanida, so yes, it is Ploy Cherman.

narkrakdin24^^

sarNie Adult
Lol my turn already? I will update later today, after homework. But I promise. I'll make it my mission!
@Iya Wow. That was great. Lose her powers? Wow. I'm hooked.

Iya

sarNie Adult
narkrakdin24^^ said:
Lol my turn already? I will update later today, after homework. But I promise. I'll make it my mission!
@Iya Wow. That was great. Lose her powers? Wow. I'm hooked.

lol. not yet, I still have to post chapter 1. you have chapter 2. If you're ready to post your chapter, I'll post the next chapter tonight when I finish it.

Glad you like my story so far. I can't wait to read yours. :D

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Wow, that prologue was very nice Iya.. (I thought it was going to be short but it's quite long lol.. but no worries.. I love all the details <3)

I'm stoked for rest of the chapters :D  Excitement!!!

Iya

sarNie Adult
@aiko, if you think the prologue was long, I don't know what you'll think of Chapter One. I think I read too much because the prologue is short by my standards. :D

Chapter One will be twice as long because it's mainly the introduction to the main characters, Barry and Yaya, as well as the minor roles, who will only show up a few more times later and farther into the story. The next chapters won't be as long (I think), lol, so please bear with me. 

Also, because I kinna rushed, there may be confusing parts. If you see any, just comment and I'll go back to edit it.

Again, I have grammar issues, so please excuse that along with any confusions I may cause.  :wink: Enjoy!

Chapter 1:

Crystal Falls, Oregon, USA
    30 years later. 

Zane Masters cursed as he slammed the door of his Hummer and stalked up the step of a beautiful white house overlooking a 300-acres ranch. There was a reason for his displeasure. He despised failures, even one that he had given his all in accomplishing. A failure was a failure. Simple as that.

Since leaving the military, Zane had started a successful security equipment firm with clients from around world and had partnered with the Navy to develop state-of-the-art systems that were only catered to the service. But he had also established a reputation for being the top notch, the best money can buy, tracker in the whole continent. He could find anyone, dead or alive, even if they had vanished into thin air. Everyone leaves something behind, no matter no careful, and because Zane is good at what he does, he always find it.

He didn't want to tell Barry that even after a two years’ time, he was still unsuccessful in tracking a woman.

In his line of work, there were two explanations. She was either phenomenal at keeping her tracks covered -- not that he ever found one in the first place --, or the lady doesn't exist at all. Zane was really leaning towards the latter reasoning, but Barry wouldn't had him running on a wild goose chase if she hadn't  But damn if she wasn't elusive! The only lead Barry had given him was a hand-drawn sketch of her face with a small note on the back of it, stating of her height, possible weight, and that she was between the age of fifteen and thirty. There was no name, no birth date  no social security number, not even a god-damned nationality. Zane had been more successful with even less but honest to god, this case stumped him.

From the look of the sketch, Zane guessed she was in her mid twenties, a mix breed between European blood and Asian. She had an angelic face, her face small and innocence, and as beautiful as a model. It was also a look that lures men into misleading trust before she thrusts a knife into their back. Zane didn't know who she was and why Barry was searching for her, but Zane was willing to bet that she must be involved in some sort of military assignment or worse, a breach, that Barry is assigned to investigate. He had  learned very early in his training that looks could be deceiving and that had saved his life in many fatal instances. But in this case, he’ll let Barry deal with the details of why she’s being tracked. His only job is to find her, if Barry would still allow him to continue after failing again this time.

As soon as he reached the front step, the door opened automatically without him having to bypass the security checkpoint. “I’m in my office,” called a deeply voice more familiar to him than his own. As he crossed the threshold and entered the hallway, the door closed behind him and simultaneously, a green light once again flashed in the security intercom, once again armed against any potential intruders. Zane smiled grimly at the thought. He felt sorry for any bastards who’s willing to try. Both he and his brother, Barry, had the most secure security system in the world, used only by the military. Not that they can’t defend themselves against any man, or men for that matter. They were trained by the best military leaders in the world, had been in missions where they either fight to the death or die. Simple as that. Most of the time their work landed them in a situation worse than hell and the two of them had walked away with more sins in their hands than most man alive and the knowledge that they wouldn't be the same men they’d once been.. That was the nature of a ZEAL. They fight, survive, and accomplish their missions at all cause. So they grew much much older than their time.

He had long left it all behind, but he could still remember the thrill and excitement of each mission. Not that he would be returning to service anyhow. His source of thrill and excitement these days were of a different nature. The old days wouldn't even compare to the laughter of his three years old twins, Amy and Austin, as they wrestled with him upon the bed or the smiles of amusement on Luna’s face as she watched them from the doorway. Nope, he wouldn't trade it for the world.

Instead, he directed his restless into his firm. Using his expertise, he had designed and personally tested the top notch security equipment with Barry before supplying them consumers, keeping the top secret products for the military. He and his brother were the best of the best of ZEALs and they don’t trust anyone to test out his products. Now their equipment are in great demand all over the world from the members of the social elites to the top military leaders of the service. It was one of the reasons that Zane and Barry kept their homes under strict and constant surveillance. They couldn't afford having anyone trespassing and getting a hand at their documents or blueprints.

Barry was his younger half-brother, but they were closer than any two brothers could be. They’ll give their life for one another, and had done so over the course of their careers when they’d been assigned to the same assignments.

Zane’s mother had died from breast cancer when he was five and his father remarried again after meeting a beautiful and eccentric lady who had tornadoed her way into their lives two years later. His father was a mess after his mother’s death, a half-shell of what he had once been until the day he had met the local schoolteacher. 

His stepmother was half-French and half-Thai and she moved into the area after her parent's death for a teaching position at their local elementary school. She also happened to be one of his many long line of baby-sitters his father hired to take care of him while he was out doing odd jobs. She had taken one look at the ‘uninhabitable and unfit environment for a seven years old” dwelling and confronted his father, letting him know without a doubt that unless he do something about it, she’ll do whatever it’ll take to report him to the child social services. Of course his father had a fit. No one tell Alex Masters how to raise his son and the two had a huge argument  His father, who was always respectful woman, could not do much more than slammed the door in her face, the most pleasant courtesy he could offered a woman who didn't mind her business. But she persisted, showing up many times in the week to make sure Zane had decent food, clean clothes and a clean bed to sleep in.

Despite their animosity, her efforts had also extended to his father. So when he ate, his father ate, when he got clean clothes and sheets for his bed, so did his father. She always determined and patient with Zane and it didn't take long to Zane to become attached to her. When she discovered that he had a condition that made school a challenge for him, she would sit up with him to help him caught up with his classmates. And like father, like son; when Zane fell in love, so did his father.

His father had resented her presence for a few weeks, but it didn't take him long to start desiring her. He loved to show up when she thought he would be away at work and putting her on edge with his seemingly innocent touches and flirtations. After knowing her for about three month, his father had bulldozed her into marriage and they’d been a family since. By then Zane was already improving in his class and heading up further than his classmates. She was pregnant with the first two months of marriage.

A smile tugged at his lips. Of course, that wasn't how Zane remembered it, as he was only seven when it happened. But once he’d gotten old enough to understand why his beloved babysitter was suddenly sleeping in his father’s bed a month after they met, the puzzle pieces clicked. His father and stepmother helped fill in the puzzle over the years.

Barry was sitting behind his desk when Zane entered the spacious office. He was typing furiously into the computer until he saw Zane entered. After inviting his brother to sit, he turned in his huge office chair and poured a cup of coffee from the coffeemaker installed on the shelf behind him. Zane grinned. The two of them had developed an addiction to coffee that guaranteed to last a lifetime, since it's their most essential start of the day. Zane's office also sported a coffeemaker on the shelf behind his desk, much to the displeasure of Luna. To Luna, one cup of coffee is too much coffee. She was a tea lover.

After pouring two cups, he placed one in front of Zane and drank from the other. He didn't bother to ask Zane how he liked his. Both of them also shared the same taste. Black, no sugar. “No luck?” he asked, reading Zane’s expression.

Zane nodded, drinking coffee and relishing the taste of coffee on his tongue. “It’s like looking for a needle a haystack. Hell, I’m not sure she existed. All we got is a sketch. No name, social security number. Not even a race to narrow it down. Are you sure she's even alive?”

Barry didn't answer. Instead he stared past Zane, his mind somewhere else for a long moment. Zane knew better than to try to shake his brother out of such trance so he just enjoyed his coffee. “I’ll take it from here,” he finally said a long moments later. “Don’t be too put out with this case. You’re one hell of a tracker and you know it. This is just an outlier.”

Zane agreed. “You have warned me from the very beginning that I will be running into dead ends. I admit that I took that as a challenge. But no, I’m no longer put out with it. It’s just strange that in these days and age, when everyone leaves an electronic or paper trail, this woman leaves no trace behind. Unless she’s from a third-world, I can track her in an instant. If you want, I can send men out there to try. From the looks of it, she could be from Asia. It could take time, since more than half of the population are un-profiled.”

Barry shook his head. “I’ll take it from here. Thanks for the offer, but when I asked you for this favor, I knew that you will not find her, even though I it was worth a try. I have time since I’m not taking any assignment for a while so I’ll be able to do some digging on  my own.”

Zane frowned. “You thinking of quitting?” His brother lived for excitement and he never turned down any assignment. In fact, the more dangerous it is, the more he relished it.

He shook his head. “Not yet. I’m just feeling a little restless lately and the prospects of being in the field did not appeal to me as much. And it got nothing to do with the service. I’m just thinking of taking it easy for a while. Tracking may be just what I need. So I'm using all the vacations days I'd accumulated over the years.”

“Luna won’t be happy,” Zane stated. He very much wanted to ask about the woman in the sketch but Barry had made it clear from the beginning that the case was confidential. “She’ll be glad that you’re home safe and sound, but she won’t take to you leaving again to track when you could be relaxing and healing the wounds from the last mission. You're still suffering from that bomb in Iraq. You need recuperation.”

Barry grinned, obviously pleased with the change of subject. “And on top of that, you want me to babysit Amy and Austin so the both of you can procreate some more.”

Zane shrugged, but didn't bother to deny it. “Yeah.” That caused the both of them to laugh. When they subsided, Zane looked at his younger brother. “When are you going to settle down? You’re not getting any younger.”

Barry immediately sobered. “I’m not ready. Besides,there isn't anyone I’m willing to settle with. I see what you have with Luna and I don’t want to settle for anything less.”

“What about Yi Fei? You two are pretty close the last time I checked. Luna thought you two have something going on.”

His brother laughed. “Yi Fei? No, she’s just a friend. Besides, I don’t think she’ll be happy married to a ZEAL. We'll tear each other apart within the first month.”

“Former-to-be,” Zane corrected. “I know you. Once you settled, you’ll be out.” When his brother didn't deny it, he let the subject drop. He was far too close with his brother. With that came the benefit of understanding him more than he did anyone else. So he learned not to dig for information.

Barry had always been a private person, even to his family. Unlike Zane, he had always keep things to himself and even as a young child, there was a look his eyes that always bespoke of a man older than his time. As he grew older, it was more and more pronounce that even Barry’s personality started to reflect the nature of his eyes. 

The most startling fact, one that Zane had a hard time comprehending, was that throughout the twenty eight years of his life, Barry had never once had a relationship with woman, other than close family members. If he had ever dated or even had a girlfriend, Zane had never heard about it. It’s was one reason why he nicknamed Barry ‘monk.' But by god, it was eery. As teenagers, the age when males started taking an interest to the other sex, they would joked and ribbed each other constantly about dating and women, but never once had Zane saw his brother act on it. 

There were times when he would see his younger brother with a woman, escorting her to the school dance because no one asked to take her or championing her when she was bullied by others --the two of them having their fair share of defending woman-- but never once had his brother taken a personal interest to them. There was even a time in Zane’s life when he thought his brother was a homo, but the thought was abolished as soon as it came. Barry was as intense and physical as Zane and their father, there had never been signs to prove otherwise. It was also the reason why Zane found it so startling that Barry was able to keep his hands to himself. All hot-blooded man in the world have needs that can only be sated with a warm feminine body lying next to him. God knows he was a hell-raiser when he was of age, and continued to sow his oats until he met Luna. And then there was his father, who can be as physical as any man could be when his stepmother was around.

Yet, Barry never seem to take an interest. The even more scary part was Barry would ribbed him and their friends as if he wasn't any different, himself being comfortable with the topic as the next man whenever the topic of relationship and intimacy were wont to be the topic of conversations. In fact, Barry would give sounding advice that had helped a lot of them with their relationship as if he had been in many himself. No one would have guess that Heath ‘Barry’ Masters has lived the life of a monk his entire adult life.

Though Zane had learned to let things go as it happened, there were moments when he thought his brother was waiting and searching for that special someone. But he was never sure. They had shared everything growing up, but in this matter, Barry had always been private and Zane had never pushed. Barry will tell him when the time comes.

Barry gave a sudden laugh. “Did you tell Luna and the twin that I’m back from Africa?” Until two days ago, Barry had been on an assignment in Libya.

Zane frowned. “No, I haven’t.” In fact, he just got words from his brother yesterday that he was home.

His brother shook his head and smiled as he eyed the monitor in front of him. “Well, something must have given it away because they’re halfway up the ranch as we speak. They just cleared security checkpoint a minute ago.”

Zane cursed, despite the inner pleasure at seeing his wife and kids again so soon. He wanted a little more time to discuss things with his little brother. Barry probably didn't shared the same sentiment because he quickly finished his coffee and stalked out of the office. Resigned, Zane did the same and followed his brother out the front door. Together, they watched Luna pulled up onto the drive and help the children from the car seat.

They heard two set of voices screaming excitedly as two tiny dark heads came burrowing up the stairs as fast as their little legs could carry them. “Una Barbie! Unca Barbie!” 

Barry choked, startled, and Zane laughed at his brother’s expense. “Unca Barbie!” Barking with laughter, he watched as little Amy came shooting passed him and launched herself at her uncle, who scooped her up into his arms and hugged her to him. Her twin brother, Austin, was right behind her. He latched onto Barry’s leg, tugging at it until Barry leaned down and lifted him into his arms. He also got a hug from his favorite uncle. Barry arched his brow at Luna, who was coming up the steps to stand by her husband. “Uncle Barbie?”

Luna laughed, kissed Zane, and then smiled sweetly at Barry as Zane pulled her to his side. “They’re still learning to talk. Don’t complained. It used to only be able to 'Barbie.’”

Barry made a face. “But Barbie?”

Zane roared again and Luna tried to contain her laughter. “I’ve tried to correct them, but Amy can only pronounce the name of her favorite toy. She thought it’s the same as your name and it sticks. Austin’s just imitating his sister. Don’t worry, they’ll grow out of it. Besides, consider it a compliment. Barbie is Amy’s favorite toy.”

Barry looked as if he wanted to protest, but Amy cupped his face and turned it to face her, at once claiming his attention. “Unca Barbie stay home?”
Her uncle nodded. That made her smiled. “Good,” she said, patting his face in approval. Zane grinned, his chest constricting at the sight of his children with their beloved uncle. Since their birth, Barry had always made time to be with them frequently, many times in between missions when he could manage. His missions usually kept him away for months as at time. But Barry never allow them to feel as if he neglected them. He gave them undivided attention whenever he's around and made their times with him as fun as possible. As a result, whenever the children are with their uncle, he got their undivided attention. Zane and Luna could be chopped liver for all they care.

After the initial greeting, Zane shuffled his family into the house, reaching out to take Amy from Barry in an effort to lighten his load. But Amy would have none of it, instead clinging tighter to her uncle. It was the same with Austin. He leaned his head on his uncle’s chest, his eyes glaring at Zane as he sucked his thumb. Traitors, he thought, amused.

In the meanwhile, Barry somehow managed to juggle the two leeches and kissed Luna on the cheek. “Hi, sis. You look beautiful today. Love the red hair.”

Luna beamed. “Thanks. You're so sweet.” Turning to her husband, she crossed her arm and gave him an I-told-you-so look. “See, other people have an appreciation for style.”

Zane shook his head and gave Barry the look-what-you-started look before giving his attention to his wife again. “I don’t mind the red hair, but did you have to dye out all the blond? I was very partial to them.”

Barry laughed and disappeared into the house, chatting happily with the two bundles in his arms as Zane and his wife debate hair colors.

Bangkok, Thailand
    Same day. (Or rather night, since it's on the other side of the world.)

“Alice!”

Alice ran with all her might, putting more and more distance between the ship and herself, her heavy skirt dragging and shuffling around her legs. She heard the crunching of boots against wood as it pounded after her. Oh, please, she thought, don’t let him catch up with me. Only a few more yards and she would be able to reach the main road leading out of the port.

Swallowing her tears, she forced herself to run faster. Her heart pounded harder against her chest as if rebelling against her idea of running away. Why leave him? He was all she wanted. He was the man she loved, the only man who could make her smile and whose smile lit a fire inside her so deeply that all it took all she could do to not throw herself at him.

A hard hand suddenly grabbed her shoulder and turned her to face him, stopping her in her tracks. “You have to stop running, Alice! Do you hear? You’re mine, and will always be mine! I will never let you go.”

“No!” she cried, struggling as he threw her over his shoulder and carried her back into ship. But her struggling did her no good. Tears and fears ate at her as she passed the men standing on the dock, their face full of smiles and cheers as they watched their captain effortlessly carried her up the plank onto the ship and then across the deck into his cabin. 

“Get the ship into sea,” he barked at his first mate before he entered the cabin. “I want this ship far away from England as it possibly can. And I don’t want to be disturb!”

“No!” Alice screamed as the door shut behind him, knowing that this may be the last time she’ll see her homeland again. “Please Lucien. Let me go home.”

For answer, he dumped her onto the bed and moved to straddle her, his hardened face just inches above her. Alice froze, her cries disappearing from her lips as she saw the wrenching pain in his eyes. “Why?” he barked. “Why must you away run from me again? You must know that I’ll never let you go. I’ll never give you to anyone! Why can’t you understand that, Alice?”

Tears dropped from her eyes as she stared up at the man atop her. She wanted to tell him that she loved him and she didn't want to leave him. But he had never given her a reason to stay. He had never declare his love for her. More importantly, how could she tell him that beneath her love was the cold fear she had, of him. She couldn't explain, but it was hidden underneath the surface of her feelings for him, always reminding her that she would be risking more than just her happiness if she were to be with him. 

Slowly, her hand reach up and caressed his face, her eyes blurring with tears and her love for him. He closed his eyes and leaned down until their forehead touched. “You can’t leave me, Alice. I’ll be nothing without you,” he whispered softly.

Against her better judgement, because he had begged, because of the anguish in his voice, she nodded, blinking more tears from her eyes. At the gesture, his eyes shot opened and he stared deeply into her eyes, as if searching for confirmation. “I won’t let you leave me. You will be with me forever.” She nodded and he let out a breath of relief. Slowly he cupped her face and kissed her, hard and punishing. She reeled back for a moment before succumbing to his kisses, his overpowering demand for more of her.

There was never a doubt that she had been his from the first time he set eyes from her. How the ton would laugh once the story get out. The pirate and the Duke’s Daughter, eloping and living in sin. They’ll never forgive her, nor will they welcome her back. She’s ruined for life. Because of a man she shouldn't have met.

Alice’s heart pounded as Lucien started undressing her, kissing her, drugging her with pleasure. She was barely aware of him undressing himself, but he already naked before she realized that he meant to make love to her. She started to protest, but Lucien silenced her with more kisses and soon enough, both of them soared together into blissful ecstasy.

Yaya woke up with a startled squeak, her body limp and quivering with satisfaction, her chest heaving. She looked across room at her clock and realized that it was only three in the morning. Slowly, she unwrapped herself from the twisting sheets around her body and carefully made her way across the room towards her private bathroom. 

With a turn of a knob, she had the cold water running and splashed the cool liquid onto her face, waking her from her drowsiness. Unfortunately, it didn't wash away the way her body tingled in awareness, the glow that could only come when a woman was sated by the man she loved. Great god, her body might never recover from that lovemaking Lucien and Alice shared. She closed her eyes and tried to steady her breathing.

She should be used to this by now.

Sighing, she grabbed a towel and dried her face. As she walked out of the room, she looked at the bed and her lips curled. Her sheets were twisted this way and that, her pillows dropped carelessly to the floor. Making a wide berth from her bed, she left her bedroom and went into the spacious room of the studio apartment Mint had rented her.

Mint Chalida had been her best friend for the last few years, having strike an unlikely friendship together when she was starred in one of Yaya’s popular work, Crossing Times and Living Dreams, a twenty episode lakorn that was adopted from a novel in her Starcrossed series. Fortunately, unlike the original novel, it was given a happy ending, as to the wont of most Thailand television dramas. In fact, all the novels from the original series did not end well, hence the name.

Yaya frowned at the memory even as she poured herself a cup of coffee and added cream and sugar. She started writing when she was twenty-two, two years after the dreams started. 

She had just turned twenty when she first dreamed of him and it had always been about him since. He had many names, more than she could remember. In some dreams, he was Robert, Crowned Prince of Britania during the seventeenth century, or Graeme, the Liard of Scotland during the eighteenth century. Once time, he was Kui Long, the general of China during the Northern Song dynasty. Then there were dreams where the time period was much more familiar to her, such as when he was Marcus, the Earl of England, or when he was Charles, a soldier during a war in Thailand.

In these dreams, there were always the two of them; him, her and their love. And in these dreams, they had loved as no other had loved before. She was Robert’s Bel, Graeme’s Evelyn, Kui Long’s Bai Xue Hua, Marcus’s Lillian, and Charles’ Fahlada. She was his love, his life, and he was hers. Unfortunately for her, these dreams were not just windows to their lives and their passion, but she was “her,” the woman that this man love. When when that lady loved them, she loved them, when that lady missed them, she missed the, and when he made love to them, he made love to her. And she’ll feel all of it. The love, the intimacy, the passion, everything a normal woman would feel when she slept with the man she loved.

Yaya blushed, heat shooting through her. How her family and friends would laugh at her if they were to know that she had slept with a man almost every night since turning twenty and woken up a virgin still. They would admit her to the mental ward for sure. 

Tonight, he was Lucien and she was Alice, a Duke daughter’s who had fallen in love at first sight with a pirate. Lucien was a rugged and handsome pirate who had taken one look at Alice and decided that she would be his forever, just as his other selves had done. A frown marred her brows. Lucien also had the scar on his chest, so it would mean another addition to Starcrossed. But who was she kidding. Every dream that she had have been a Starcrossed

Reclining back onto the chair, Yaya recalled that the first in the series had been Dante’s Flames, written from first few very vivid dreams she had of a Viking called Dante and Syrena, a noblewoman who became his spoils of war after his army raided her castle. Their love was so overwhelming that Yaya itched to tell someone about it. Since Yaya was taking Creative Writing course for her final year in college, she started writing it for the class. Before she knew it, it was a sensation in her class and quickly spread around the campus. Her father, a professor at the university, submitted it to publisher and her career had a jump start from then on. Over the years, she had added to the series, Robert and Bel’s being the sequel because Robert had sported the same knife scars that Syrena gave Dante. After that, Graeme and Evelyn’s was admitted for the very same reason as the others after that. Besides that scar was the also the tragedy that befallen each couple at the very end. Despite Yaya’s efforts to make it different, it had always flowed the same way as if a part of her refuse to let it go any differently. 

Not that she didn't already had it hard trying to solve the jigsaw of dreams that were always jumbled up together and were always confusing to her. Sometimes, she would dream of Dante and Syrena falling in love, the next night would be Graeme and Evelyn, then Charles’s and Fahlada, then back to Dante and Syrena again, but this time of their first meeting. Sometimes, she would go months before dreaming of a certain couple again. In many cases, she had to create her own scenarios to fit the missing pieces and then have to go back and revised it because she had found them the following nights. But her dreams were a mess of puzzle pieces she'd painstakingly worked so the resulting novels would flow harmoniously. 

Luckily for her, she would work on other projects such as lakorn scripts and her other series whenever she hit the writer’s block, usually spawn at the resolution of her plot. But though they get a lot of attention from the media and the public alike, it was Starcrossed that captured the audiences from around the world. The readers had concluded that although each characters were not the same, they must be the reincarnations of each other for the same scar to appear in each of the protagonist chest. Yaya didn't make any effort to discredit them because she herself had came to similar conclusions, even if she still believed it’s all a dream, no matter no vivid it is. 

Yaya yawned, weariness coming over again even though she just drank half her coffee. She had to get out of his habit. It very unhealthy to wake up almost every morning like this. Maybe she should go see a monk or a psychic. No, she can’t. If the media get a wind of it, she’ll never live it down. Not to mention that it’s embarrassing. Although monk may be more private since people wouldn't bat an eye at her going to the temple--thousands of people do everyday, no one would suspect anything-- but she couldn't risk it. But then again, maybe she could work something else though. Her mother would help her. All she need to do was come up with a good excuse. She got to remember to put that on her calendar.

Another yawn hit her and Yaya gave up. She had to face facts, she needed her sleep. There’s an appointment with a lakorn director late that morning and then a movie date with Mint. She didn't know what she’ll do if she gets another visit from Dante, as she wont to call him now no matter who he became, but she wished with all her heart that he would leave her alone now. He had an all nighter with Alice, not that the poor woman complained, and Yaya, who should be complaining, felt exhausted to the bone.

Yaya went out as soon as her head hit the pillow. She did dream again, but it was of Dante, not Lucien, who held her in his arms as they fell into an exhausted but peaceful sleep.

Two weeks later.
    Bend, Oregon, USA

“It’s so good to see you again,” Crystal said as she gave him a warm hug. “When was the last time I saw you? Six months ago?"

Barry nodded, grinning as he teasingly held her to him a moment longer. His hand playfully squeeze her waist. “You lost weight, lady. You’re too skinny.”

Crystal narrowed her eyes at him as she pulled away, though not after pinching him on his sides. It didn't hurt him but he cringed for her benefit. “FIY, I’m not on a diet. I’ve just finished an action film and we were in the field until last months. Cut me some slack.” 

Barry laughed. He knew of course, because he usually followed her work whenever he can. A lot of it was his pride in her accomplishments at such a young age and another due to the fact that he just like her. Period. She’s beautiful, witty, and one of the most sincere woman he'd ever known, besides his mother and sister-in-law. She is not pretentious like many of the actress Luna had the misfortune to deal with. “How’s your English?”

“Improving,” she said, in English this time. Until then, they had been speaking in Mandarin.

Crystal, otherwise known as the infamou Liu Yi Fei, is a Chinese actress mainly known for her role as the Little Dragon Girl in an drama adaptation of the  famous novel called The Return of the Condor Heroes. The series was a huge hit in Asia and her work prompted such a great response that even many years after, she was still one of the most sought after actress. She mainly worked in mainland films, but she had played a huge role in an international film with Jet Li and Jackie Chan, The Forbidden Kingdom

It was during the function for the film that Barry first  met her. Luna was the planner recommended and hired for the event because she was one of the few that was fluent in Mandarin and would be able to communicate with the multi-cultural cast members and sponsors. During those times, Barry and Zane had often stopped by to help with the setup. The four of them met and were friends ever since. A smile tugged at his lips. At the time, Crystal was obviously very stressed when she tried to befriend them despite her lack of English. God knows it was priceless to see the look of relief on her face when Barry and Zane had responded in Mandarin. 

At the moment, the four of them were once again reunited in a private function for the opening of Crystal’s new film. Again, Luna is the event planner and Zane, as usual, tagged along for moral support. Privately, Barry wondered if Zane was there for a different reason, having always been reluctant to let his wife out of his sight for days at a time. Barry was willing to bet that he was there merely for the convenience of being able to beat the men who are stupid enough to even look in Luna’s direction. Zane was always a possessive man, where Luna was concern. Barry tagged along because he hadn't seen Crystal in a while and thought he’ll use the opportunity to catch up before he leave for his private assignment.

They were now seated at a round table waiting for their dinner to be served. He listened as Crystal entertained them with tales of her crew when they were at the action set of her previous film. Time quickly passed by as their conversation evolved from one topic to another during the course of their dinner that they were surprised when the MC announced that the dance floor was now open for couples who wished to take a turn together. Zane wasted no opportunity to whisked Luna onto the floor for the waltz, leaving Barry and Crystal smiling after them. 

“They’re just like newlyweds,” Crystal said softly, her voice filled with envy. “I don’t ever recall seeing Luna at any of these functions without him.”

Barry scoffed. “Don’t think much of it. Zane only here to beat men away from his wife.”

Crystal smiled, still looking at them. “I think that’s very sweet. Most men these day don’t bother.”

Sipping from his wine glass, Barry turned Crystal. “I heard this is the last time you’ll be in the state this year. Is your schedule tight?”

She nodded. “Tell me about it. I've have three films this year and two of them are set in China. This one is due to film in Ireland and maybe England, but I hope that I would be able to take some time off before the official shooting. I heading to Thailand.”

His brow quirked. “What’s over there?”

Crystal looked at him for a moment and gave him a devious wink. “Private business.”

“Ahh.” Barry took another sip of his wine, amused by the mystery. Quietly, they watched Zane led Luna around dance-floor his hand resting possessively at her waist. Barry bit a grin and shook his  head. For another few minutes, he converse with Crystal until his brother returned to their table alone. “Where’s Luna?”

Zane sat down and drank from his glass of wine. “One of the guest have a minor problem and Luna is helping her. Why are you two still here? There’s a dance floor with plenty of room back there.”

Barry glanced expectantly at Crystal but she held up her hand as if to ward him off. “No way. Uh uh. I’m staying put. Three months in the field for my action film is more than I can tolerate for standing on my feet.”

They laughed. Zane excused himself to call the twins and Barry was once again left alone with Crystal. A few guests stopped at their table to make small talk and Luna returned moments later.

“Enjoying yourself?” she asked Barry as she sat down. He nodded and handed her a glass of water. “Thanks, I’m beat. This function is getting ahead of me. At the moment, I'm worry about the wine supplies. The hotel promised to cater the beverages  but the bartender informed me that they might be a shortage. But thank goodness it’ll end in just a couple of hours so I hope the guests won't noticed.”

A blond lady, Diedra Callahan, one of the event sponsors who had joined them, smiled fondly at Luna. “The set is fantastic and the guests are enjoying themselves immensely, Luna. The problem will straighten itself out. Don’t be too hard on yourself, just enjoy the evening.”

Luna smiled gratefully. “I’m happy you’re enjoying it, Diedra. You've been a great help to me during the planning.”

“Oh pooh! It’s nothing,” Diedra waved a hand, dismissing Luna’s attempts to protest. “I just happen to like throwing myself into the pit. Makes my life more challenging. Besides, I’m getting too old to be sitting around all day.”

Everyone laughed at the comment. Crystal turned to Luna. “Speaking of sitting around, Luna,” she said. “Thank you for introducing me to Starcrossed. It was phenomenal. You can’t believe how much I hated having to find time to read between filming, but I couldn't put it down.”

Diedra put a hand to her chest. “Starcrossed? Pray tell, are you referring to the new series that recently hit the market? You’ve read it too? Oh my, that’s my favorite series at the moment. I finished all of it of it in two days. My husband swore up and down that he’d never saw me cried as much, even on our wedding day. Oh, the poor couple. It was so tragic.” Barry's ear perked in interest as the women conversed. He knew where this is going. Last he knew, it was the Twilight saga.

Luna nodded excitedly. “When I finished the first book, Zane went on a frenzy because he couldn't figure out why I was crying my heart out. The twins cried to, because I was crying. It caused a great uproar.” She paused to savor the private memory and then laughed. “Poor man.”

“My favorite pairing was Eveline’s. They deserved so much. For them to end that way was unfair,” Crystal cried. “Don’t you agree.”

“I agree,” Diedra said. “But they’re not the most tragic.”

“If there's a contest for such thing, it’ll be Dante and Syrena,” Luna supplied as her face constricted with pain. Both ladies nodded in complete agreement. “It was just so sad that Dante had to watch the life slipped away from Syrena when she was felled by the arrows. The way Sperbund written it was so heartwrenching.”

Diedra moved to say something more, but Barry found himself suddenly frozen still, his ears ringing so loud that he barely process what she was say or what Crystal had said in reply. At the moment his ears hummed as his mind rapidly process the information. Dante? Syrena? Arrow? No it can’t be. Furiously, he forced his body to relax and schooled his expression so that the ladies wouldn't know what was amiss. For all he knew, this may be a coincidence. “What is this tragedies you ladies are talking about?”

“They’re talking about a new series that had been grabbing a lot of attention in the media.” Barry turn to see his brother once again sitting with them, obviously returned from his phone call. How had Barry missed that. Had this been a mission, he would be dead by now. He had always been alert. What the hell? He need get himself together. Zane shook his head and smiled at Luna, who was wiping her tears as she and her companions shared their knowledge of the series. He looked at Barry again as he grabbed his glass of wine. “Dreadful thing, I must say. Had Luna in so much tears I thought the world was ending,” he said with a chuckle. “But the series is called Starcrossed. The title itself should give the story away, but it’s raving with good responses right now. From what I know it’s written by a lady named Urassaya Sperbund and was published in London about three years ago. According to Luna the first book, Viking’s Flames was what started it all. It was about a Viking named Dante and woman named Syrena, a captive at one of the village he raided. To make long story short, it’s another Romeo and Juliet story.”

Barry shifted in his seat, his heart beating furiously at the information. 

Crystal turned her attention from the conversation to Zane. “You’ve read it?”

Zane nodded, glaring at Luna. “She made me. But I’m not reading anything past the first book. Despite the author’s well written plot, the story was pretty sappy. I bet it's all the rave because of the author's ability to capture the life and social customs of that time period.”

Diedra gave Zane a horrified look. “How could you not continue the series? Book two was just as great. Robert and Bel is just as precious as Dante and Syrena. Personally, I prefer to think it's the trails of the character's themselves that captured the heart of its readers. It surely had captured mine.”

Zane rolled his eyes and bit a smile. He leaned over to Barry and whispered. “Don’t ever, ever, under any circumstances, make any negative remarks about Starcrossed. Unless you plan on having to go against die-hard fans equipped with teeth and claws.”

“I heard that,” Luna said dryly and the group laughed. 

Barry managed a chuckle but inside he was searing with impatient to leave. Even one minutes lingering in the function was not fast enough. He want to be back at the hotel, digging up any information about Starcrossed. He wanted to get his hands on the series and more importantly, get information on its’ author. Dante and Syrena. Robert and Bel. Eveline? There’s no way this is a coincidence and Barry will go to whatever lengths it’ll take to get to the bottom of it.

Finally, he understood why he was feeling so restless. An instinctive part of him must knew that unless he return home, he wouldn't get this lead. He closed his eyes and tried to calm himself. He was getting closer. 

No.

Not just close. This was a break, and curse him if he was going putting it off for another moment. Excusing himself, he made his way to the quiet hallway where he placed a phone call before returning to the table. Unable to allow himself to waste any more valuable time, he informed his family that he had an emergency and needed to leave. They didn't ask. They knew the nature of his work. He hugged Luna, gave Crystal a heartfelt farewell and quickly left the function hall.

Unbeknownst to him, Zane was watching his brother leave with speculative interests. He noticed stiffness of his brother's posture the second it happened and saw the hardening look in his eyes. Something was wrong. Zane could feel it inside his bones. 

Three days later, Barry placed a thick manila envelope in a briefcase along with an iPad that contained all the E-novels Urassaya Sperbund had ever written, including the original scripts for her lakorns that his men had somehow obtained and sent to him. They were in Thai, but Barry knew how to read the language fluently, thanked to his mother, just as he was fluent in Mandarin, Arabic, Italian, French, Greek, and a few others. He planned to do it in the private jet issued to fly him over the Pacific. 

In the last few days, he had poured over the Starcrossed novels twiced as well as ran through her other works, which included the lakorn scripts. Starcrossed had reinforced his decision in in following the break. There was no way in hell this is a coincidence. There was too much similarities. Her other works did not supply much information, because they were unrelated, but her lakorns had concreted his suspicions. 

He had also gone over the PI’s report of ‘Yaya’ Urassaya Sperbund. She was a twenty five years old Thai and Norwegian writer, raised in England before relocating to Thailand where she made her career as a freelance scriptwriter for lakorns. In one night, he had learned more about the woman behind the series that had taken the world by storm than even her closest friends. In the manila folder was the rest of her profile as well as a recent photo of her, which he had taken a snapshot on his phone and set as his wallpaper. There were also pictures of her immediate family, her close friends, and even lists of her most frequent haunts as well as all the movies she had seen in the last two years. Under the pictures were the sketch he drew of her likeness, the one he had given to Zane. He couldn't let himself get rid of it. It had been with him for years before he sent Zane on that wild-goose chase. 

Not anymore, he told himself.

Snapping the brief closed, he set it next to the suitcase he had finished packing the night before. For a moment, he stared at them, knowing that his life would never be the same again once he step foot on Thailand’s soil. 

Whether it would change for the good or worst, Barry refused to let himself dwell on the matter. He will do whatever it’ll take to set things right. There was no way he was losing her again. Something told him that this is their last chance, and he felt that she’ll be lost to him forever if they take this for granted.

Flipping his phone open, he speed-dialed his brother. Zane picked up the second ring. “Yo!”

“I’m leaving.”

Zane didn’t miss a beat. “Where to?”

“Thailand? Indefinitely.”

“Will you be needing me?”

Barry wasn’t a fool. He knew what his brother was asking. “No. It’s nothing serious. I just have something I need to do. In fact, this is the long vacation I need. Tell mom and dad not to worry and give them my love.”

“Will do, but you should call them when you reach Thailand. They’re still peeve you didn't visit them this time.” Zane said, relief filled his voice. 

“I plan to do that, but I don’t know how long I’ll be away. Give my love to Luna and the kids.”

Zane chuckled. “Will do. The kids won’t be happy you’re going too soon. So buy them souvenirs and since you're on vacation, it wouldn't hurt to V-chat.”

Barry nodded but realized that his brother wouldn’t see it. “I will. And I’ll keep tabs. If you need me for anything, you know how to reach me.”

He hung up and his wallpaper flashed on the screen. A face more familiar to him than his own smiled back at him, her eyes dancing with brightness. Longingly, he touch the image, his finger lingering at her face. 

Soon, he thought, as he call his men and informed them that he was ready. In fact, he was more than ready. He had waited his whole life for this.

----------------------------------------------------------------​
 ​
Wasn't that a very long read? lol. Sorry.  :cry: But I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless. Noticed how the descriptions gets shorter towards the end, lol, that's cause I'm done with most of the background, so you won't be tortured anymore (I hope  :woot: ).  :dance1: 

@narkrakdin, I've helped flowed Yi Fei in here for you so I hope you don't mind, and I already arranged a date for Mint (hint, hint), so I can't wait to read what you'll come up with.  :wink: 

As usual, let me hear what you think or of any questions you have. :D Night!

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
oh... this was long indeed.. but super good!! love all the background information you've provided <3

Acckkkk...  Can't wait to read the next part @narkrakdin.. :) 

Boy oh boy.. How will my writing be up to par.. hmmm...

Reactions: Iya

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
That was awesome you are a great writer Iya. :) I really can't wait for the next chapters and everyone elses parts.

Reactions: Iya

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
no worries, i've been mia here and other forums because of school.. this semester is killing me.. that's why i'm running away to FFs lol.. :p

anyways, I just wanted to share 2 posters I made for my cast.. I tried really hard to put a sad/sorrowful feel into it but.. grr I lost my original pictures.. sigh, this is what happens when you don't save them pics :(  Anyways, I'll be making posters for the other casts soon too like Iya :)  I'm going simple again.. hehe..

narkrakdin24^^

sarNie Adult
Hey sorry for making y'all wait. I was busy for the past few days but I've finally made up for it.​

Cast:
Mark Prin Suparat as Mark Vinchatnakul
Mint Chalida Vijitwongtong as Chalida Panutpai/Namsai
Crystal Liu Yi Fei as Crystal Panutpai/Faye
Wang Lee Hom as Lee
Top Jaron as Top
Bua Sarocha as Bua
 ​
Minor Charactors:
Sesshomaru Takahashi as Sesshomaru/Sess/Sesshy
Rin Higurashi as Rin
Kagome Higurashi as Kagome/Kags
Inuyasha Takahashi as Inuyasha/Inu/Yasha
Namcha Cheranut as Namcha
Nichkhun (2pm) as Nick
Fuse Kittiwong as Fuse
Ren Tsuruga as Ren
“You idiot! If you weren’t staring at that sweaty hot guy for so long, you would’ve never crashed into that pole.” Bua lectured while helping Crystal back up.
It was a bright sunny and hot day. The sky was a clear blue and the sun a glazing orange. The birds were chirping, people picnicking, kids playing; just what anyone would do on a nice day at the park.
The two best friends, Crystal and Bua, had decided to meet up at the park with a couple of other friends, along with Crystal’s sister, Chalida (who was yet not there).
“Shush! Why didn’t you warn me?! Bua gae (Old Bua)!”
“I did try to warn you but you were walking—no hopping too fast alike a damn rabbit that’s hopping to your love!”
The people picnicking started to stop and look. Before Crystal can open her mouth to speak, she felt a palm make hard contact with her back.
“Owww!”
Top laughed. “It’s only me! It’s Top Jaron!”
The two girls stared a while at him until he asked why they were so loud.
“She called me Bua gae!” Bua tattled. Top made a gasping sound and stared back at the pouting Bua and the annoyed Crystal.
“Crystal Liu Yi Fei! How dare you say that?! It’s not Bua gae!”
Crystal sighed while Bua nodded. “That’s right.”
“It’s Bua lae (Black flower).” Top finished.
“That’s—hey!”
Bua glared at him when he put on his confused and innocent face and while Crystal started laughing. Meanwhile, the crowd lost interest and got back to whatever they were doing. “I’m sorry? Did you want Bua dum?”
Bua was about to attack him but just then, a black SUV honked at them. The two girls turned around to find Chalida and Fuse in the back seat, waving at them. In the front were Sesshomaru (in human form) and Rin.
“Rin, this Sesshomaru is annoyed by the wenches and guys. Does this Sesshomaru have to go to the mall with them?”
He said them so rudely, Rin wanted to smack her mother’s close friend’s son. Luckily, they didn’t hear his remark, due to them trying to fit everyone on board.
“Bua you’re so fat!” Rin heard and figured it to be Top’s voice. Then Rin heard a punching sound and a loud owwwwwwwwwwww. Rin winced. By the sound of that hit and how loud the scream was, it must’ve hurt badly.
“Sess, you’ve got to learn how to make new friends.”
He blew his black hair out of his eyes. “I do have friends.” he stated while stepping on the pedal.
“Sure; if you’re talking about your paperwork and bed.”
No one has ever dared to argue back with Sesshomaru and she was the first.
He groaned in defeat. Never has Sesshomaru been defeated physically or mentally. It was only by this girl where he was vulnerable.​
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 ​
*Flashback*
“What do you two want to be when you grow up?” Mr. Panutpai asked his 15-year-old daughter Crystal and 13-year-old daughter Chalida. The two girls smiled while sitting on the floor coloring in the living room in the huge mansion. Mr. Panutpai, however, was sitting on the couch a few feet in front of them.
“I want to be the most famous international singer!” Crystal expressed.
“I want to be the most famous international actress!” Chalida affirmed.
Their father suddenly threw the magazine he was reading on the floor next to the two girl’s feet abrasively. Crystal and Chalida jumped and he rose.
“Father, what’s wrong?” Crystal reasoned. Chalida clung to Crystal’s right arm.
Their dad’s nostril flared and he pointed a finger at them. “YOU WILL NEVER BE AN ACTRESS OR A SINGER!! YOU WILL ONLY BE A BUSINESSWOMAN! YOU GOT THAT?!”
The sisters felt shattered but Crystal nodded. Their dad looked to Chalida. “CHALIDA, I ASKED YOU A QUESTION NOW ANSWER ME!”
Chalida felt scared. For she has never seen her father like this. “Never.” she found herself saying. She let go of her sister’s arm and stood up to her tall father, with Crystal trying to pull her back down.
“If I want to live my dream, you can’t stop me! IT’S MY LIFE!”
SLAP!
Chalida felt a sting on her cheek. She was now on a verge of tears and found a hard lump forming into her throat. She glared back into her father’s eyes while Crystal stood there, shocked.
“I’ll give you one more chance.” he whispered with the tone of danger in his voice.
Fighting back her tears and trying to make words run, she replied, “Never.”
The multibillionaire entrepreneur, enraged, grabbed Chalida roughly by the arm and led her up to her bedroom. He then threw her onto the floor and wrecked through her closet.
“What are you doing?!” she asked. The terrified Crystal came running up and hugged her sister.
Mr. Panutpai turned back to his daughters.
“Pack up Chalida. You’re going to school in Japan.”
*End of Flashback*
It’s been 7 years since she’s been gone and now today, Chalida will be going to Thailand for the first time ever since she was sent from Japan.
Chalida wasn’t that nervous though since she was going with some of her Thai/Japanese friends.
“Hey!” Kagome yelled. “We’re going to be late to board the plane if you don’t hurry up and walk faster.”
Chalida smiled at her friend and did as told. “Here I come, Thailand.” she mumbled.​
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
 ​
Crystal walked all around the house, ordering where every decoration was to be put. Today was the day when Chalida would come back after 7 long years. They have video chatted and talked on the phone but Crystal was forbidden to visit Chalida in Japan. Instead, after she graduated in her University of Worldwide Architecture (UWWA), her father decided that she finally worked in the business building doing paperwork and construction ideas.
She sighed at the thought of going to work tomorrow and only finding more paperwork and contracts she has to look through and sign or reject them.
“I’ve gotten a call that Southside and Vtrio cannot make it today, due to their heavy schedule.”
That snapped Crystal out of her thoughts.
“What? What do you mean they can’t make it?!”
“Southside’s flight has been canceled and Vtrio is in Chiang Mai and their van broke down.”
Crystal Liu Yi Fei sighed. “Who else is available?”
“From what you told me, ma’am, no one that your sister will like.”
Liu Yi Fei slapped her palm to her head. “Fuse, how many times do I have to tell you to—,”
“—Wait there, Crystal. Looks like Wang Leehom is available for 2 days. He posted on his twitter, ‘Hey fans. Looks like I’m going to be in Thailand for 2 days with nothing to do. I’m in a mood for a party.’.”
Crystal’s mouth flew open. “The Wang Leehom? The one who sang ‘Ni Bhu Zhi Dao De Shi’? ”
He nodded.
“Get him booked right now!!!”
Fuse nodded and got back to his phone.
“Just wait ‘till you see this, Chalida. You just wait.”
Crystal smiled. “Oh wait! I need someone to pick you up!” She cursed under her breath as she dialed a number.​
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
 ​
Mark sighed as he waited for a girl at the airport. If only his mother wasn’t there to hear their conversation then he wouldn’t even have to pick up this “Chalida”.
No. Instead, he could have had made up and excuse and then go play off with his girls but no! His mother just had to be eavesdropping on him and Crystal, his ugly-but-richer- than-him girlfriend. And now, he finds out that he has to go to that party!
If it wasn’t for his father getting corrupted into giving away millions of dollars, he wouldn’t even be contacting this ugly girl! No. He just wanted payback.
“How am I to know how the heck she looks like?!” he yelled aloud in the car. Mark banged his fist on the steering wheel and pulled back his fist and inspected his fist.
Ring! Ring! Ring! Ring! Ring! Ring! Ring! Ring!
Mark picked up the phone.
“Yes, babe?”
“When will you spend time with me at this party?” the girl pouted.
“What kind of party?”
“It’s this welcoming party for this girl who has come back from Japan. The problem is that I don’t have anyone to go with but my dad.”
“Not right now. I’m sort of busy. Tomorrow, I will take you shopping to make up for it. I promise.”
“Fine! You better be true to your promise or else—,”
Mark hung up.
“Well, it’s time to go meet that chick. Hopefully she’s hot so maybe I get a little romance.”
Before he stepped out of his BMW convertible, he grabbed a sign that read “Chalida”.​
_________________________________________________________________________________
 ​
“Wake up!” Kagome yelled. Chalida jumped. “Wow, Chalida. We landed. Hurry up and let’s get out of here! Inuyasha is probably getting impatient to see me.”
With that, Kagome pulled Chalida and bolted out the door.
When they finally got their suitcases and exchanged Japanese money for Thai money, they stepped outside.
“Kagome! What took you so long?!” Inuyasha asked.
“Her.”
Kagome pointed to Chalida. Inuyasha’s eyes landed to Chalida. “Whoa. What’re you wearing? Hey! Who knew you’d hang out with such ugly people?!” He started laughing.
Chalida opened her mouth in shock while Kagome started dragging and beating Inuyasha in the corner.
No one has ever said that to her. She looked at her clothes. They were casual. Not tomboyish or too girly. She was wearing a black Cali-For-Nia sweatshirt, skinny jeans, and black and white Converse. Her hair was silky soft, long, and naturally wavy with bangs on her right side. Or was that tomboyish?
Wait a minute. She thought. She touched her hair; it was in a ponytail. She moved her fingers to her eyes. She then found seeing glasses. Finally, her hand moved a couple centimeters above her upper lip—a fake mole.
“KAGOME!!!!!!!!” she screamed as she saw her friend drive off in the car with her boyfriend.
“That’s what you get for pranking me, Chalida! Good luck!”
“KAGOOOOOOMEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Chalida then felt a sense of regret.​
______________________________________________________________________________________________
 ​
“Where is that girl?” Mark mumbled to himself while holding up the “I’m your ride, Chalida Panutpai.” sign.
Several people walked by and looked at his sign but they just kept walking.
When is she coming?! He thought. If she doesn’t come by 5 minutes, I’m leaving and she can walk home.
Several minutes passed by and he decided to walk back to his car without the girl. Just then, Chalida was fast-walking around in circles, talking to her sister on the phone. “Crystal, thank you for sending someone to give me a ri—ah!”
Chalida bumped someone on their chin and dropped her phone and glasses. Mark dropped his sign.
“Hello? Chalida? Are you okay there?”
“Watch where you’re going!” Mark yelled, clutching his chin.  “Alright!” she yelled back, touching her head.
She bent down to pick up her phone and glasses then stood up and started to walk away. But before she can leave, something caught her eye. She turned back around and saw her name written on the sign. She read it. “I’m your ride, Chalida Panutpai.”
Mark looked at the girl who he thought was not his spec.
“What’s your problem?” he asked harshly. Chalida turned her attention back to him. “You’re waiting for Chalida Panutpai?” she asked. He nodded, now getting interested. “Have you seen her?” he finally asked. She grinned and he saw that her teeth were perfect. Except her face. She’s hideous. He thought.
“I’m Chalida Panutpai.” she replied. He burst out laughing in his dorky laugh.
“CHALIDA MEANS CHARMING WOMAN! And sorry to brake it to you but you’re neither charming nor attractive.”
 She gasped at his words. “How dare you!”
“The truth hurts doesn’t it?” he said, still laughing. He pointed to her clothes. “And look, you have no sense of style for a hi-so.” He slapped his knee and crouched over, laughing.
“I am Chalida Panutpai.” she stated once again. He only laughed harder. “Prove it.” he finally gasped but kept laughing until tears came out.
Chalida reached in her pocket and pulled on her Thai Identification Card. She pushed the card in front of his face. “Here, my I.D.” said Chalida. He looked up and read the words imprinted on it. Chalida Suvintong Panutpai. He slowly stopped laughing when he compared the I.D. to the person. In the picture, she was how she looked like right now. He immediately stopped laughing. “Oh.”​
________________________________________________________________________________________
 ​
She stared, openmouthed.
“I don’t remember the mansion being this big. But then again, I was away from 7 years.” He sighed. “Well, let’s go inside.”
She nodded ferociously and they both headed inside, where the surprise awaited.​
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Surprise!” they all yelled.
Chalida grinned so hard that her cheeks started to hurt. “Crystal! I miss you so much!” she yelled when she saw her older sister. She ran to her and gave her a hug.
“I’ve missed you so much too, Chalida! We have a lot to talk about.”
Chalida nodded and pulled out of her sister’s tight embrace. Meanwhile, Mark was just about to walk to the food court when Crystal called him over. He flinched, sighed, and walked over to the two girls.
“This is Mark, he’s my boyfriend. And this is Chalida, my sister of course.”
Chalida nodded as she observed her sister’s boyfriend. He was handsome, yes, but totally a playboy. Mark stared her down then up once again then thought, she may be as ugly as hell but she sure does have a nice body.
Chalida caught him staring at a place he wasn’t supposed to be looking. She coughed, bringing his attention back to her face. She then nudged her sister who had recently picked up her phone.
“Take care of your boyfriend.” she whispered. Crystal looked at her confusingly but kept on talking on the phone.
“Mark, please show Chalida her room that I showed you please. I have an important phone call from my dad.”
Chalida almost showed her frown. Of course; a busy businessman like him wouldn’t even come to his own daughter’s welcome party at his own house after not seeing her for almost 8 years.
“This way please,” Mark said, picking up her bags and walking to the hallway and up the stairs. She followed him.​
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Father, Chalida is here. Will you come to her welcoming party? You haven’t seen her in 7 years, almost 8.”
“Crystal, I have no time for that nonsense. Besides, I have no time.”
She opened her mouth in surprise and gripped her phone harder. “You think her welcoming party after 7 years is nonsense and you don’t have time to come to your own house to see your daughter but yet, you always have time for your concubines and business parties?” she questioned in a dangerously quiet voice.
“Crystal, don’t you use that tone of voice with me.” he warned.
“You act like I don’t know you sleep with your business partner’s wives and daughters.” It’s true; she had seen him many times with those women.
“Crystal, you tell no one. We never spoke of this and we will never speak of this again, am I clear?” his voice was becoming harsh.
“Yes, father. But make this clear; are you coming to the party or not?”
“No. I have told you that I was busy.”
“Honey, I’m all ready for you.” a feminine voice said in the background. “Hold on!” Crystal heard her father yell back. She gritted her teeth.
“Yes, father. Goodbye, I hope you have lots of fun with your work.”
Crystal then hung up before he could say any more. She then silently cried to herself.​
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After showing Chalida her room and letting herself get fixed, he left outside and waited for Crystal to come. “Where is she?!”
“Excuse me, where is the bathroom?” Mark turned around to find Wang Lee Hom.
 “Hey Lee! What’s up? It’s been a long time.”
 They did their greeting hand shake and bumped each other with their shoulders. “I’d love to talk to you but I need to use the bathroom.”
Mark smiled at his overseas friend he met in school. “Alright. The bathroom is down the hallway to the left. It’s the second door.”
“Thanks man.”
Lee smiled and headed off.​
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 ​
Crystal still sat there, crying her eyes out. Her father was just too harsh on her at times. Someone dangled a tissue in front of her eyes. “I believe that you need this.” a familiar voice sounded.
“Thank you.” she replied.
She took the tissue and wiped her tears off then blew on it and handed back to the man without looking up.
“Whoa, mam. You’ve blew your nose on it already so I think you should keep it.”
Crystal smiled and looked up. “Sorry.” she managed.
When she saw his face, she gasped. “It’s—you’re—how did you? Where? Why?” she all sputtered at once. He laughed. “Yeah it’s me. Wang Lee Hom, the Chinese pop singer. Thank you for noticing me, I get that a lot.”
“But—umm—thanks.” Was all that she managed to say.
“No problem. Um, do you know the host, Crystal? I’ve been looking for her for the past few minutes after I used the bathroom and I can’t seem to find her. I would like to meet the host, if you know what I mean.”
Crystal grinned, feeling better immediately. “I am she.”​
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Mark smiled as the girls kept on staring and chatting with the other girls. Two of them walked over to him. “Hey Mr. Handsome.” the pretty one said. The other cute girl said, “How would you like to tell which one of us is better looking?”
He looked at both of them with those killer eyes and smile. “I think you.” he pointed to the cuter one. She squealed while the other blew off steam.
“Mark is that you?” he heard a familiar voice call.
His brain froze as he turned around. “Kauri?” he asked as his other girlfriend stood before him. “What’re you doing here? I thought you said you would be busy and can’t come to this welcoming party?”
“Wait don’t you tell me that…”
He froze.
“You were planning on surprising me?! Oh how sweet of you!”
She ran and gave him a hug on the neck as he almost chocked. “Back off.” he heard the cute girl he just complimented say.
Kauri pulled of him and stared at the girl. Meanwhile, Crystal and Lee walked back into the party, along with the new fresh-faced Chalida.
“He’s my boyfriend so do not tell me what to do.”
Chalida immediately looked at the stricken Crystal. Lee glanced at her too.
“But he had just told me that I was cute.”
Crystal was even more shattered. She felt as if she was being stabbed with a thick pocket knife.
“What do you mean?” a girl from the crowd stepped out. Mark gulped. It was yet his other girlfriend. “He’s my boyfriend! He said that he only loved me.”
Crystal felt a lump in her throat. “Is there any more of you that he flirted with or did anything more with?” she asked aloud, loud enough for everyone to hear over all the mumbling. Some pretty girls raised their hands. It was almost half of the beautiful girls.
Mark stared at Crystal but didn’t bother to apologize. He didn’t like her at all so there wasn’t any point of keeping her around. Besides, seeing her heartbroken was his revenge for her dad corrupting his dad into giving millions of dollars for himself.”
He laughed at the thought of it as Crystal, Chalida, Lee, Kauri, and the whole guests watched.
“You think I would like you, Crystal?” He laughed more. “I don’t like or love you. Nor will I ever. You’re the most annoying looking person on the planet; no I’m sorry you’re the second. The first is your sister, Chalida but she has way much more body then you.”
Chalida felt like beating him into bits for saying that to her sister and for checking her out.
“But—so, you don’t love me?”
He laughed until he couldn’t breathe as the others mumbled. “How could anyone as unattractive like you be loved?”
Tears welled up in her eyes and she choked back a sob. Her eyes were stinging with tears and her heart felt completely tortured. It is like he slowly cut it with a knife in surgery but he will not be saving her, but killing her deeply.
Her heart ached as she stared into those cold eyes of his that she once thought was dreamy. How had she ever fallen in love with a monster like him? But it already happened and she could not stop feeling the pain and the numbness of her legs.
Her legs felt like she would collapse any minute and her tears would burst out like a waterfall with rain raining in the ocean. She would cry like tears of the ocean.
Crystal then ran out of the room with Lee following her.
“You bastard!” Chalida yelled at him, finally losing her patience. While Crystal was running and past her, one tear dropped and that was enough for Chalida, for she too felt pain and anger for her sister.
Mark was surprised at the remark. He turned his eyes to the most beautiful woman he’d ever seen in his whole entire lifetime. She could be an angel from heaven in disguise for all he knew or cared.
“Ai sut! Ai hia! Ai laew! Ai salalaew! Ai ha tum mueng! Hentai!”
He opened his mouth in surprise. Spicy was how he liked it and she spoke Japanese too? (Hentai means pervert in Japanese).
“A sick hentai like you needs to go to hell and rot in there like how your heart is so rotted!”
He flinched this time at her words.
“What makes you think you can toy around with women like this? Do you know how to love?!” Chalida laughed.
“Of course not! What happened? Were you dumped hard for only one woman that you loved too much? Did she leave you because you were a heartless bastard? She left you for another man better than you did her not?”
Her last questioned was meant more as a statement then a question but so far, all of this was true. He was dumped by a girl he loved too much for his stepbrother. Her words pierced through him and opened the anger, frustration, and sadness in him once more. He smirked with hurt in his eyes. “I admit, you’re good at telling my story.”
He walked over to her and pulled at her arm. He then dragged her outside in the huge massive front yard.
“You know my story so well, do you know my techniques?” he asked.
“What technique you cold-hearted bastard?” she questioned with a challenging glare.
He pulled her in closer with a bear hug, hugging her from around the waist and not taking notice of her arms.
“You say I’m cold-hearted? Here, warm my heart up.”
“Hey! Get out of me!”
She tried pushing his sides but no success. She finally gave up after minutes of pushing and yelling at him without a reply or sound from him. She put her arms down to dangle to her sides and finally let him hug her halfheartedly.
His nose was buried in her shoulder blade, inhaling her scent through her shirt. “You smell just like her.” he said after a while. She noticed him hug her tighter as she finally realized that he was referring to the girl who broke his heart.
He hugged her like that until a few minutes later; she felt a wet drop on her shoulder. A minute later, she heard a sniffle. He was crying on her shoulder. Her hands slowly made way to his back and hugged him back. She was stunned at her own actions but she had the urge to comfort him.
“She was the only person I’ve ever loved. I gave her everything when she asked for it. She was my world and I thought I was hers. Turns out she was faking that she loved me. When I found out, I was shattered. She left and I didn’t have that world. I soon realized that I was in a different world now, a worse one. Her illusions of her fake love are what I loved. Is it wrong that I’d rather have her be unreal with me and pretend that she loved me then living with the fact that she never did love me?”
Chalida listened to his cries of sorrow. “She was the first person to see me cry and plead for her to come back. You’re the first person who’s seen me cry that isn’t her.”
“I should’ve known better.”
He pulled himself out of the hug with red eyes. “Go comfort Crystal.” And with that, he turned around and headed into his car. It was the most confusing night of their life. Who knew she would be playing games with the son of the fallen angel.​
__________________________________________________________________________________
 ​
*A few days later*
“What?!” Chalida shouted the next morning. “What do you mean I got the part?! With who? Oh my gosh, really?! Yes, he’s so hot! I have to confirm it? Deal! I’m confirmed to be in that movie! Where are we meeting? Yes I know that place! I’ll be right there.”
Chalida hung up the phone and ran down the stairs and out the door, looking up at the clear blue sky and the puffy white clouds. One of her friends was a producer and asked for her to be in that movie.
She then realized something. “Ugh, I didn’t buy a car yet.”
“Going somewhere?” Crystal asked, waving a car key.
“Yes, Crystal can you take me there please? It’s the most important job in my whole entire life!” Chalida stated. “I bought you a car.” Crystal replied and threw the car key on a key chain at her. Chalida looked at the new car she thought was her sister’s. A white convertible BMW?
“You are awesome! How can I ever repay you?” Chalida asked. Crystal smiled. “Take me with you.” Chalida didn’t hesitate.​
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Father wouldn’t like this if he found out.” said Crystal. Chalida sighed at the thought of her father. Ever since she had come back home, he never went back home but stayed in his large condo he owned and went to work.
“It’s been months since I’ve come home and he’s never came to see me.” Chalida complained.
“Hey, you know, he loves you.”
‘If that’s true, he would call me instead of having me call him and he would come back home and greet me face to face. Sometimes I even wonder if I’m his real child.”
Crystal smacked Chalida’s knee. “Don’t ever say that again, now don’t you hear?”
Chalida nodded and rubbed her knee in pain. “I’m a famous international actress now and you’re a famous singer so don’t smack me. I might lose my shape and it’ll probably most likely be because of you.”
Crystal smacked her sister in the back of her head. “Watch the hair!” her sister complained as she laughed playfully. They have been working in the entertainment industry for almost 4 months now and already gained millions and millions of fans. Crystal however, was more famous in China, the Philippines, and the United Kingdom while her sister was also famous in China, Japan, South Korea, and the United States. They were both way famous in Thailand though.
“Miss Faye, Miss Namsai, we are arriving at our destination.” the limousine driver informed. The two sisters nodded. Soon when they arrive on the red carpet, they’ll just be best friends, not sisters.
Ever since Chalida was accepted and confirmed to be in a movie as a second supporting character with Top Jaron (her school friend who promised to keep her secret), she had introduced the workers her sister to sing her new and first lakorn’s theme song.
After that Crystal became famous as her sister but they kept their real identity from the real world and their career identity from their father. Crystal’s stage name became Faye while Chalida’s known name was Namsai. Crystal no longer wore her hair in a bun with glasses when working her dream career but did when she was working in her office in her dad’s famous company.
Chalida only wore a pony tail with glasses and a fake mole in her office in her dad’s company too. When working her dream career, she was all free and beautiful.
Chalida had even met Yaya Urassaya, the famous author who wrote a book that her first lakorn was based on. There she met Yaya and became the best of friends with her. She also met Ren Tsuruga, Taew Nattaporn, and was still friends with Bua and Top.
Crystal, on the other hand, had met Rin Higurashi, Sesshomaru Takahashi, Wang Lee Hom (again but he didn’t recognize her and she kept it that way), Namcha Cheranut, Hu Ge, and Nichkhun. The two shared their secrets with their friends, minus Wang Lee Hom.
“Hey. What do you think of my new song?” Crystal asked and showed her a not-realized yet video of her music video on her IPad. Chalida listened carefully to the lyrics. “You’re still not over that bastard Mark, are you?” she asked her sister.
Crystal looked down. “I want to forget about him but I can’t.” Chalida shook her head. “Cheer up now! We’re here.” Slowly, Crystal’s spirit lighted up again.
Together, as sisters, they both walked on the red carpet side-by-side with cameras flashing, focusing on them only and paparazzi asking them every question and about every rumor. But little did they know there was a surprise waiting for them at the end of the carpet.​
______________________________________________________________________________________________
 ​
*A few days later*
“Who’s my pra’ek now?” Chalida asked the producer.
“Namsai, he is in the Top 10 huggable guys and was in Channel 3 4+1 Superstar.” Chalida tried to think back. All she could remember was the hot Mario Maurer. “Nope.” she replied. She gasped in surprise but decided for her to just meet him.
“He’s supposed to be rehearsing with Nong Jack at this moment. We just recently got him to play yesterday.”
Chalida pulled the producer aside. “P’Pin is he hot, cute, or handsome?” she asked her friend.
Pin smiled. “If you are asking this married woman, I say that he’s all three but it just depends what days because he changes style and what kind of photo-shoot.”
Chalida smiled. “Well here’s the room they are rehearsing in. Since he was confirmed later, you need to tell him about your character more and same with him so you two can develop a bond with the characters.”
“Thanks P’Pin.”
“No problem. But try not to drool over him.” her friend smiled and warned.
“Bah! I will not. Well I won’t promise you anyways.”
Pin poked Chalida’s side. “See you later Chalida, or right now, Namsai.”
Chalida waited until she turned the hallway. Chalida placed her hand on the doorknob. “Time to meet my new pra’ek.”
She turned the doorknob and opened the door. She looked up and met his eyes.
“You!” They both yelled with surprise.
It’s her, the girl who was at the party.
It’s… It’s….
“MARK!”​
To Be Continued...
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 ​
Sorry it took me so long to update but I hope you enjoy my chapter. :D And the reason I don't take my time to edit and describe the surroundings and what they wear is mostly because some people doesn't appreciate my "style" so i just let the readers imagine what they want to see.​

Iya

sarNie Adult
haha. I really like your chapter, especially the Inuyasha's casts. lol. Even my favorite couple, Sesshomeru and Rin is in here. I like how you're pairing them up in here. It's so cute!! :D Can't wait to read more.