Groom...For Rent?!

hanjieun30

sarNie OldFart
Author's Note: Here I am again with another ATEAM fanfic. I know I still haven't finished my other fics but I can't help but start a new one LOL So this story is somewhat similar to my instant husband story before. It's going to be a romantic comedy one (I admit, I totally suck in writing drama -_-, so I prefer this genre LOL)Hope you like it! :thumbsup: and as always, can somebody make me a poster, please? ^_^

credits to: Katerine​

Prologue

“Metz.” The lady surgeon held out her right-gloved hand as the instrument nurse gave her Metzembaum scissor that she asked for. While humming the song that was currently playing on the music player, she cut the last suture of the newly sewn graft on her patient’s heart.

“Kindly turn the volume up. I love that song!” She excitedly said and the circulating nurse immediately did what she just had told. An instrumental saxophone version of How Deep is Your Love is currently on and every time she hears that song or any jazz music especially the sound of saxophone, it makes her feel so relaxed. A smile came to her face but nobody knew that she was smiling since half of her face was covered by her surgical mask. She’d always dream of a guy who could play saxophone for her every night; just for her.

“DR. AFF TAKSAORN! I KNOW YOU’RE IN THERE!” A woman’s voice can be heard from down the hallway of the operating room. Aff sighed as she was about to start on sending electrical impulses to restore her patients heartbeat. She knew only one person had the guts to shout out her name in the middle of a life-saving procedure such as this. The operating room suddenly flung open and a woman wearing a very colorful scrub suit came in.

“I knew I’ll find you in here!” The woman said excitedly as she happily waves a pamphlet on her hand. She looks like a little girl holding an A+ report card on her hand while waving it in the air and showing it off to her mother.

“Dr. Chompoo Araya, can’t you see I’m in the middle of a bypass surgery here? Let’s talk about that later.” Aff said as she was now checking if the graft is in place and if the heart can already pump on its own.

“Taksaorn, why don’t you just take a look at what I have here? I know this would save your life at this very moment.” Aff rolled her eyes heavenwards and asked Chompoo to show her what it is. When she finally read what was on the pamphlet, she got back to what she is doing.

“So what do you think?” Chompoo asked her, again in an excited manner.

“Room for rent? Why do I have to rent a room? I just bought a condo unit last year!” Aff said. She was so confused why her best friend is showing her that pamphlet. Chompoo took a glance on the pamphlet and saw that there was a fold on one of the sides. She unfolded it and showed it again to Aff.

“What do you think of it now?” Chompoo said with her you-should-thank-me-now tone of voice. Aff studied the pamphlet again and she was unsure if her eyes were deceiving her or not.

“You’re eyes are not deceiving you, woman. All that’s written in this pamphlet is 100% true!” Chompoo commented as if she was reading Aff’s mind.

“Groom…for rent?!” Aff said confusingly. Renting a groom? She finds it very ridiculous but who knows? That absurd idea could possibly save her life!

Katerine

Butterfly123
Ooo I like!! but then again I like all you Fanfics hanjieun30. and I know what you mean i always get ideas for new ff but still got others to finish hehe.

i can make you a poster if you want, do you have any specific pic you want to be used?

hanjieun30

sarNie OldFart
Ooo I like!! but then again I like all you Fanfics hanjieun30. and I know what you mean i always get ideas for new ff but still got others to finish hehe.

i can make you a poster if you want, do you have any specific pic you want to be used?
YAY! thanks a lot, Katerine :D you can choose which pic of Aff you want to use but for Aum, please use the 2nd pic in this thread LOL http://asianfuse.net/discuzz/index.php/topic/39770-aff-taksaorn-aum-atichart-tah-warit/page__hl__aum+aff the one where he is topless and unbuttoning his jeans :cloud9: but you can still use other pics of him if you want to :)

Katerine

Butterfly123
I like that pic it Hotttttt LOL i'll have it up today sometime. and since i'm having a little girl crush on Aff i have a few pic to choice from hehe

hanjieun30

sarNie OldFart
Chapter 1

Dr. Aff Taksaorn. One of the youngest cardiac surgeons around. Being a daughter of both doctors, it was expected that she would follow her parents’ footsteps. At 31 years old, she had achieved more than those people within her age bracket had achieved. She was earning her own money, she had bought the car that she really wants and she already bought herself her own place. She was blessed with both intelligence and beauty so it won’t be that surprising that she has a hundred of suitors fighting over her. But none of those suitors had won Aff Taksaorn’s heart. She is a perfect example of an NBSB, no boyfriend since birth! Being a fairy tale believer, Aff is just waiting for her prince charming to kiss her so the NBSB spell would be broken and they’ll live happily ever after.

“You can’t just sit there and wait for Prince Charming to find you!” Chompoo said as she noticed Aff smiling and staring blankly in thin air. The latte they had ordered had just arrived.

“I know he’ll find me! He just took a wrong turn, got lost and maybe too stubborn to ask for directions.” Aff giggled and took a sip of her hot coffee. Last week, Aff’s parents, who currently resides in London called her and told her they’re going to visit her very soon. She should be happy since she hasn’t seen her parents for 3 years now but instead, she suddenly felt scared! Knowing the fact that her parents are going home just to see her, her world started to shook! Her parents, especially her mother, had been asking her when she is getting married. For the past few years, her mother had already set her up on countless blind dates but all of them seem to fail. She became sick and tired of her mother’s scheme so last month, she told her mother that she already had a fiancé and she would gladly introduce him to them when they visit her. She thought that she had already solved her blind date problems. But, she was just about to face the problem. There’s no real fiancé! She tried asking most of her single guy friends to at least pretend to be her fiancé but no one wants to. Out of desperation to find a fake fiancé, she’ll do anything, even if renting one is the stupidest idea she ever heard!

“Are you sure someone’s coming. I mean, is that groom for rent thingy is even true?” Aff said as she placed her latte back on the table and her eyes were fixed on the entrance of the small café. Suddenly, Chompoo’s cell phone began to ring. There was an emergency Caesarian section so she needed to head back to the hospital immediately.

“I’m positive someone’s coming. I’ve talked to their receptionist. And by the way, no matter what he looks like, just accept him. Okay?” Chompoo chuckled then she gave Aff a peck on her cheek and left. Aff was left all alone, waiting for an unknown guy who would be her fiancé. Few minutes after Chompoo left, Aff heard the door chime and a man in a business suit came in. He was busy talking to someone on his cell phone but he still managed to give Aff a smile. Being polite, Aff smiled back at him as the man passed by her table. She felt relieved knowing that he is not the man she rented to be her fiancé. Aff never liked businessmen. That guy might not have enough time for me!, she thought to herself.

After the businessman came in, Aff heard the door chime again. This time a man who looks like a biker came in. He has piercings on his ears, nose, eyebrows and God only knows if how many piercings he has in his entire body! His body is also covered with all sorts of tattoos which were very irritating for Aff. The biker guy looked at her very carefully, as if he knows her. Slowly, the biker guy came to her table. Trying to be polite, Aff gave him a smile; a very weird smile.

“I’m so sorry! I thought you’re someone I know!” The biker guy said when he noticed that Aff’s face seems like distorted as she looked at him. He then passed by her table. Thank God it’s not him!, Aff felt even more relieved.

Aff took a glance on her diamond-studded Rolex watch. 10 minutes had already passed and nothing yet. To kill time, she decided to read a romance novel instead. She is a die-hard romance novel fan. If she’s not reading medical books, she is surely reading a romance novel. When she was half-through on her novel, she heard the door chime again. Even if she was drinking her latte, her eyes were darted to the door.

Are my eyes paralyzed or what?!, she thought to herself. Her eyes won’t move from the man’s face! She really can’t take her eyes off him, literally! The man looked around the place so he didn’t notice that Aff’s eyes were feasting on him. It was a chance for Aff to study him from head to toe. Being a doctor she is an expert in examining her patients in a head to toe manner but she has more expertise in examining male specimens.

His hair looks a little bit messy but it looks good on him. A white v-neck cardigan on a hot summer day? Hmmm… Not a good idea., Aff thought to herself. She then squinted her eyes to have a clearer view of him.

Ooooh lala…It seems like he’s not wearing anything beneath his cardigan! It wasn’t a bad idea after all! Faded jeans, sneakers and a handsome face. Not bad, Not bad at all!, Aff silently giggled as she placed her latte back to the table. The man wore the sexiest smile she’d ever seen and Aff just smiled shyly at him. He was now coming towards her table.

Oh no! Could he be the…?, Aff’s thoughts suddenly got lost when the handsome guy was standing right in front of her.

“Are you Dr. Aff Taksaorn?” The handsome guy asked her, still wearing that sexy smile. It seems like Aff was unable to speak to she gave him a nod as a response. Unexpectedly, the handsome guy bent down a little so he could reach her face. He placed his hand on Aff’s chin and positioned her face towards him. She felt a kaleidoscope of butterflies doing a war dance on her stomach as the handsome guy planted a kiss on her virgin lips!

Katerine

Butterfly123
Ahh Bless Aff i would be nervous too!
oh my! very forward is Aum straight onto the lips, can't keep his mouth of her :coverlaf:
anyhow here the poster, sorry its simple but i haven't psed in forever,and didn't use the aum picture but this one simply inspired me LOL, but hope you like it

Vimalee

Live Love Laugh
:thanks: so much!

Can't wait for the next update, but if you are busy, just take your time.

LimeGrass

sarNie Adult
Oh! I loved your 'Instant Husband' story.
Aum sure moves quickly, already planting kisses on his "wife-to-be". :coverlaf:

hanjieun30

sarNie OldFart
Chapter 2

“Dr. Aff Taksaorn!” Aff came back to reality when she heard a squeaky voice coming from somewhere. The handsome guy was still standing in front of her, smiling. In broad daylight, she was fantasizing that this handsome stranger is kissing her! She shyly smiled at him while lightly brushing her cheek with the back of her palm; she was actually trying to hide her blush.

“Dr. Taksaorn, are you now ready to sign the contract?” Again, Aff heard a squeaky voice. She looked around but she could see no one but the handsome stranger.

“I’m sitting right in front of you, doctor.” The squeaky voice said. Aff immediately moved her eyes on the chair that was in front of her. She was so surprised to see a little fat man in a red tuxedo. His hair was neatly combed but it looks so stiff. Not even a single strand is out of place. A fat man in a tuxedo? He looks like a penguin! A weird-looking red penguin!, Aff thought to herself.

“Uhm…Excuse me, if you don’t mind…Are you from the groom for rent shop?” Aff asked, as polite as she can. The man in red tux nodded then took out a calling card from his pocket and gave it to Aff.

“Matchmaker’s One-Stop Shop? We sell AND lease anything and everything under the sun?!” Aff said, half-amused and half-confused. Everything that’s happening to her right now seems so…unreal!

“That’s right, doctor! Do you want to rent him or should I let more men in so you could choose?” The red penguin guy was pointing at the handsome stranger in white cardigan. The red penguin guy spoke as if he is just selling a car to her! Aff looked at the guy again. Her heart started to flutter as if she is again a teenager looking at her crush.

“Choose? What do you mean choose?” Aff turned her attention to the red penguin guy again.

“You are free to choose which groom you like to rent. It seems like you are not interested in businessmen and bikers so I decided to let groom number 3 in.” He explained. Aff looked at him, still very confused. So the businessman and biker belongs to this rent a groom thingy!, Aff thought to herself. She again carefully examined the handsome stranger. She studied his face carefully, paying more attention on his lips. After a few glances, she leaned towards the red penguin guy.

“Are you sure he’s not committed to anyone right now?” Aff whispered. The red penguin guy chuckled. Aff has a notion that most handsome men nowadays are either already taken or worse, they're gay.

“As of now, he’s not yet committed. But once you’ve already signed the contract, he will be committed to you.” The red penguin guy explained. Is he a good kisser?, she wanted to ask but she was too shy. She is again staring at his red, luscious lips, trying to imagine how it feels.

“Are you going to rent him?” He asked then Aff just nodded. The red penguin guy took the pink envelope which Aff didn’t even noticed that it was placed in the table a while ago. He took out 2 identical pink scented papers with bordered with tiny hearts in all four sides.

“Your friend, Dr. Chompoo Araya had already taken care of the initial payment.” The guy in red tux explained. She isn’t sure if Aff wants to thank her best friend for this. Aff sighed as she took one of the pink paper then read it carefully. By the looks of it, it seems like she is really reading it but actually she is staring at the handsome stranger. After a brief moment, she took her pen out then signed the papers. Problem solved!, Aff secretly smiled as she handed the paper to the red penguin guy.

“Thank you for availing our services, Dr. Taksaorn. I’m sure you’ll never regret this. Here’s your copy. Do you have any questions before I leave?”

“Uhm…Yes! How will I pay my monthly rentals?”

“Every 15th day of the month, I will visit you in your lovely home to collect the payment. Any more questions?” He asked, smiling. Aff took her copy of the contract then placed it inside her bag. The red penguin guy bid good bye, leaving her and the handsome stranger alone. The handsome stranger took the seat that was occupied by the red penguin guy a while ago.

“Hi, I’m Aum Atichart.” Aum smiled while he took his hand out to give Aff a handshake. Aff smiled back at him. Hi there, yummy Aum!, Aff tried to hide her giggle.

“Dr. Aff Taksaorn.” Aff smiled then shook his hand.

“Nice meeting you, doctor.”

“No need to be formal. Just call me Aff.”

“You can call me babe, honey, sweet heart or any endearment you like. By the way, gorgeous, I heard you’re a doctor.” Aum told her and gave her a wink. Her heart started to beat wildly. The man in front of her is really oozing with raw sex appeal! Aff couldn’t help but to be so attracted to him.
“Yes. I am a cardiac surgeon.” Aff tried her very best not to stammer. She didn’t want this handsome guy to notice that she was so affected by his charm.

“So you fix hearts?” Aum asked her, trying to look innocent.

“Well, sort of.” Aff chuckled at his question. What kind of guy he is? He could be cute and sexy at the same time! Very unexpectedly, Aum leaned towards her until their faces are only an inch apart. Her heart started to beat 5 times faster than the normal with so many wild things running on her head. She swallowed an invisible lump. Aff tried her best to keep her eyes wide open. Oh Lord, please forgive me for having those thoughts! If you’re going to punish me, please DON’T spare this handsome guy in front of me. He is the reason why I am like this. Amen. , Aff silently prayed on her mind.

“Can you fix my broken heart?” Aum whispered so sexily to her face while his sincere eyes were looking at her. His whisper sent shivers down her spine and she felt an unknown but very nice feeling building up on her stomach. In a brief moment, neither of them moved. Then Aum started to laugh. He sat again on his chair. Aff gave him an evil glare. If only someone can die because of a glare, Aum might be dead by now!

“That’s not even funny!!” Aff shouted at him. She even forgot that they are inside a café. He tried his best to stop laughing so he can ask her one important thing.

“So, gorgeous, can I move in today at your place?”

“Move in? At my place? WHY?”

“Haven’t you read the contract, babe?” Instead of answering her question, Aum fired a question back at her. Aff took the contract from her bag then read it thoroughly. Her eyes widened as she was reading each and every rule on the contract. They have to live together and she has to provide for him until she decides to return him back to the shop! And not only that, she has to rent him for a minimum of 6 months! Failure to abide to the contract, she will have to pay 500 million Baht! In her entire life, never had she imagined that she would live with a total stranger; a stranger who seems to fit the description of those guys in her romance novels!

Oh Lord! Is this a blessing or a punishment?!

Katerine

Butterfly123
thanks for the update :D

when i saw this “You can call me babe, honey, sweet heart or any endearment you like. By the way, gorgeous, I heard you’re a doctor.” Aum told her and gave her a wink. the first thing that went through my head was i'd be calling you sexy Mr Aum :p
i'm actually loving Aff character! she's innocent but yets can hold her own!
can't wait for more!

cecilia

Staff member
So excited .. can't believe i missed this ...
Donna, you certainly know how to steal my heart :wub:

Sorry na, i just saw your post in my thread today - i will get to it na kha.

cecilia

Staff member
Donna, please update soon -- i'm loving it so far na kha .. got my fever rise up like EL NINO lol

I'm currently thinking/making a concept cover for you na -- keep fighting .. i so can't wait to read what will happen next.

Asy

sarNie Immature
Please update it, SOONER...!!! Loving it, I'm addicted now. I'm very hungry for the next chapters!!! :woot: :woot: :woot: