gran torino

stephanie

sarNie Adult
i saw it! yay! it's not suppose to be out til jan 9th tho. ah ha! the way they had the hmong ppl talk was so funny! especially the grandma! she blamed every thing on clint eastwood's character! overall, it's a typical hmong life story, the whole "stay away from me nyuam liab!" thing. there really wasn't no point to the movie, but it was enjoyable hearing hmong ppl talk. there also were a lot of "F" words! o! and they mixed a lot of hmoob dawb and hmoo leej together. overall, it was a enjoyable film. haha! o! i also read tht it might be up for the oscars! ah! how freakin exciting!!! lol

dajdeev

sarNie Juvenile
all i have to say is I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! this movie is great and there can be some part that you feel negative about it but it just a movie so yeah. I really like it and I'm so proud of these people who get to be in this movie. I like the Grandma a lot! LOL she funny and everytime she speak I laugh. I was surprise that Miss Hmong Michigan 05 or 06 "Choua Kue" is in the movie and she pretty.

I give 5 out of 5 stars to this movie!!!!!!!!!!

I recommend you guys to take your parents to go and see this movie at the theater. It a great movie but again there can be some part that you feel negative about it.

gloria

sarNie Juvenile
i enjoyed it..some parts where like what??? hmong people do that? lol. i thought with more training some of the hmong actors could have been better...i like ahney though, for sure she can make it big with more training...i didn't even understand what that youa girl was saying or trying to say...like the part she tried to start a conversation with walt, i was like, huh? that was odd...

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
it's not out yet until next month i think.. lol
but they had it at special select theaters..
my cousin said he was watching it online somewhere..
i'll just ask him for the site.. shhhh...

aZn_FrEaK

*~JUNSU'S DORK~*
WARNING : THIS POST CONTAIN SPOILERS!

for anyone who's interested (or broke like me) and would like to see (peek at) this movie online, click HERE. this IS the full length movie!

My personal opinion of this movie . . . Overall . . . Not the worst movie or is it the best, about average maybe . . . The movie seems to drag on and on and on like there was no tomorrow. I highly doubt anyone will actually go and watch this movie beside Clint Eastwood’s followers, the Hmong actors and their friends and families, the “extras,” other carious Hmong people (and/or their non-Hmong friends), and lets not forget the "support the Hmong actors" people. I guess Eastwood decided it’s time to tap into the Hmong society since its . . . Should we say “untouched.” Anyway, onto the movie . . . There are loads among loads of swearing, it’s almost as if everyone swore in between swears (if that makes any sense). I wouldn’t recommend taking your younger siblings (under 12, since we know once they get older then that they’re neither corrupted or uninterested in Hmong “craps”) nor your parents to see it. There are also A LOT of racial comments. The acting isn’t the best, but then again all the Hmong actors are amateurs so that’s understandable. The Hmong culture seems a bit twisted like how many Asian cultures are in American movies. Lets see . . . Ah! The ending . . . Who in their right minds wears traditional Hmong garments to a funeral nowadays? I’ve been to Hmong funerals before and no one wears traditional Hmong garments except for the deceased one. I almost thought they were going to go to a Hmong New Year or something LMAO I guess they did in the movie, because they thought Walt would have liked it? Anyway, something this movie seems to have portrayed . . . Hmong gangsters (and Hmong children, unless this movie is supposed to be protrayed during the summer) have no life and are just black wannabes as well as the Mexican and oh lets not forget . . . The one Eminem wannabe? Ah and there’s the scene in which the “Hmong gang” were going to shoot Walt. All the gang members appeared out of nowhere like in any old movie (lol) and there are the “witnesses.” Now will you as a person keep watching when you see people starts pulling out guns? Hollywood I tell you, anyone in their right mind would have zoomed out and away as fast as they could. Then there was the thing in which one of the officer said . . . Something about how there were witnesses . . . If I remember correctly (unless my eyes were half asleep). . . All the witnesses were HMONG! So what happened to the "Hmong people keep to themselves and wouldn’t say anything" to the polices when Sue got raped? Yea . . . Watch the movie if you have the time . . . But the movie does drags on forever.

my favorite quote off the movie, "i prayed that they'd show up, but nobody answered."

mai92

sarNie Adult
iT wAs sO cOOl!!!!....
i lIkE tHe oLd lAdY..sHe spIts fUnnY...
:) i lOvEd iT a lOt!....
tHanKs fOr tHem recOmmeNdaTiOn...

pyang

sarNie Egg

for anyone who's interested (or broke like me) and would like to see (peek at) this movie online, click HERE. this IS the full length movie!
the link don't work anymore, is there another site i can watch it from?

cecilia

Staff member

My personal opinion of this movie . . . Overall . . . Not the worst movie or is it the best, about average maybe . . . The movie seems to drag on and on and on like there was no tomorrow. I highly doubt anyone will actually go and watch this movie beside Clint Eastwood’s followers, the Hmong actors and their friends and families, the “extras,” other carious Hmong people (and/or their non-Hmong friends), and lets not forget the "support the Hmong actors" people. I guess Eastwood decided it’s time to tap into the Hmong society since its . . . Should we say “untouched.” Anyway, onto the movie . . . There are loads among loads of swearing, it’s almost as if everyone swore in between swears (if that makes any sense). I wouldn’t recommend taking your younger siblings (under 12, since we know once they get older then that they’re neither corrupted or uninterested in Hmong “craps”) nor your parents to see it. There are also A LOT of racial comments. The acting isn’t the best, but then again all the Hmong actors are amateurs so that’s understandable. The Hmong culture seems a bit twisted like how many Asian cultures are in American movies. Lets see . . . Ah! The ending . . . Who in their right minds wears traditional Hmong garments to a funeral nowadays? I’ve been to Hmong funerals before and no one wears traditional Hmong garments except for the deceased one. I almost thought they were going to go to a Hmong New Year or something LMAO I guess they did in the movie, because they thought Walt would have liked it? Anyway, something this movie seems to have portrayed . . . Hmong gangsters (and Hmong children, unless this movie is supposed to be protrayed during the summer) have no life and are just black wannabes as well as the Mexican and oh lets not forget . . . The one Eminem wannabe? Ah and there’s the scene in which the “Hmong gang” were going to shoot Walt. All the gang members appeared out of nowhere like in any old movie (lol) and there are the “witnesses.” Now will you as a person keep watching when you see people starts pulling out guns? Hollywood I tell you, anyone in their right mind would have zoomed out and away as fast as they could. Then there was the thing in which one of the officer said . . . Something about how there were witnesses . . . If I remember correctly (unless my eyes were half asleep). . . All the witnesses were HMONG! So what happened to the "Hmong people keep to themselves and wouldn’t say anything" to the polices when Sue got raped? Yea . . . Watch the movie if you have the time . . . But the movie does drags on forever.

my favorite quote off the movie, "i prayed that they'd show up, but nobody answered."
same here, you said what i would have summarize too ..
one thing i also don't like about this is how they have this one shaman go up to clint eastwood, out of nowhere and start telling his life history --- which makes no sense at all, maybe the cool part to them is that, the man don't know who he was before he enter the house, aside from that .. blah ..

and yes, the dress up in HMONG clothes is funny b/c i too though, they're going to a new year since Clint's death .. but nope, i was wrong, makes the funeral laughable for me ;)

shoot, another thing is how the HMONG PPL CONSIDER him to be a hero --- and brought him tons of food -- and what turn out as a PICNIC is actually some HU PLIG thing for a child :loool: ..

the movie is very typical hollywood stereotype .. if i were to rate it .. i'll give it a 2/5 b/c i didn't enjoy it a bit --- it drags :(

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
i watch it with my brother online...its was okay...i like how the hmong oggii spit out the brown thingy...:D...i like the last part of the movie...

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
uhm.. i'm watching it right now..
and i'm at the part where the shaman hu plig for the baby..
i don't know about you guys..
but when my family does it..
it usually is at the door.
lol.
gotta see how it goes...

okay.. i just finished the movie.
it's not the best movie i've seen
the ending is very sad.
i'm not going to spoil the movie more than it already is..
lol.