GPS troubles

sirena

sarNie Adult
ok so i got this gps about a year ago as a birthday gift and i never used it until now i don't know why

but i have a question, around where i live and places i wanna go new roads have been built and for some odd reason the gps direct me to the old road where its close and they've open the new road. and i have no choice but to take the new road but the gps direct me to the old one.

how do i get my gps to know the new road that has been built? i don't know if i made my question clear

n_naruk

TOOMTAM :: CHALiDA
My uncle has a GPS that he uses every now and then.
I remember him saying a while back that it needs to be updated cus of the new roads that have been built.
So, pretty much you just need to get your GPS updated to have the new roads on the GPS.
There's a cost for the updating as well.
I heard it cost like $75 or something or depending where you're from.

Hope that helps you a bit...

n_naruk

TOOMTAM :: CHALiDA
Um, that I'm not really sure.
I'll have to ask my uncle about it but I won't see him til Saturday...

Maybe someone else can help you with that.

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
did your GPS come with a CD? Your GPS should have a scandisk so that you could update it from your computer.

kulyia

RUK
ithink uneed to update it. cause last time we use my in laws gps in south SF. and we wanted to go to a asian store to buy food. It took us to some neighborhood. lol lost hope in GPSes ever since. lol srry if i cant help.=]