got scammed from the internet charge me $180

little

sarNie Adult
I just got scammed from the internet about $180. I never purchased anything on the net before cuz I always didn't trust the net but that day I saw an ad stating it was in cnn news, headlines and all so it's makes it believeable. Just pay s/h for $4.99 and $3.99. It has 2 ads stating to use 2 to get the max results. It's for teeth whitening. I placed my order 5/16 and 5/23 I received both free trial packages and 1 week after that I saw on my online banking that they charge me 3X transactions + internationals fees and they say I'm in their membership and that I have to pay monthly. I dispute with them and they play games with me. Most of all u couldn't understand them. I called my debit card company and they temporary credit my money to my account and I also filed to the BBB. They are full of shit. I never had such a headace as much I have to deal with these scam companies. They changed their names, numbers no exact address doesn't contact u. when u asked to talk to the boss they say they are busy/or doesn't have one. I'm lucky i got my money but others they just lost it. I'm glad my debit company (BOA) credited my money.

Muddie Murda

smile...
Ouch ouch...I got myself into scams...sorta, I knew they were scams LOL but I wanted to try it. :D

It's like this thing you sign up for, and you have to try out trial stuff and pay a small fee blah blah and if you don't want to get charged for a subscription, just cancel within a week. In the end you can make up to $250 or free wii whatever. Well, it sucks because when you call in to cancel, the representative suddenly has "computer issues" and call back in a few hours. lol Or they just won't pick up. So I got charged hella for subscription, but I got most of the money back through disputes. In the end, I got my $250. Never again though! it was all MoMo's fault.

little

sarNie Adult
sad to hear. i went to hell with those companies. I didn't think they were scam cuz it mention that it was advertise and work for cnn, headlines so i thought it work/real. What bank do u have and they dispute it for u. u got your money through your credit company or thru the company itself. I felt like I got my money thru my bank cuz it said temporary credit. I think they are still disputing/investigating.

Muddie Murda

smile...
Hehe I used my paypal debit card and paypal, it was so easy to dispute and get a refund :D I'd never let anything mess w/ my bank account though. No no!

Liberty

sarNie Adult
haha sorry to laugh but I hear this same story a lot from my boyfriend. He works in debit card fraud for Chase/WaMu and he gets calls all the time from people who sign up for "free" trials and then find out later that they're being charged $100 something dollars for membership fees, etc. He was getting loads of calls about some agaci thing people were signing up for because they heard about it on Oprah.

You gotta learn to read the fine print and stay on top of things if you're going to do free trials, whether on the internet or not (most businesses have websites now too). When they say free trial, it really does mean trial. They will automatically enroll you if you don't cancel before the trial is over and they will charge you up the ass for it. They rarely ever tell you when your free trial is up, so it's your responsibility to keep up with it.

I learned this years ago when my dad would sign up for things and then he'd get charged and I've to explain to him that he was suppose to cancel before the trial ended and of course, I had to call and get things sorted out for him. It's a pain but you learn. Now you know better. :)

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I never trust those things. If I'm going to do anything like that I use a pre-paid debit card account in paypal LOL. Yes yes I bought one of those pre-paid debit cards and enrolled it into my paypal. Hey now a days you don't know! Little you have to be careful with your dispute because your bank will only do that for you once a year and if the other side manages to tell your bank that you didn't cancel your subscription on time then they will reverse the credit leaving you with a negative balance or short 150. On top of that you may even get an overdraft fee if your bank account doesn't have sufficient funds.

Most banks will only take a dispute once every 12 months. I know with chase my sister (she's 16) lol I gave her a card and a limit on it she overdraft because she didn't "balance her checkbook" like I told her too. Anyways she overdrafted and I called the bank and they were like "we could reverse the fees and credit the account" but we can only do this once every 12 months. I'm not sure if it's the same case with disputes though (I doubt so) but at the same time there may be so many times that they are willing to return your money lol

little

sarNie Adult
I never trust those things. If I'm going to do anything like that I use a pre-paid debit card account in paypal LOL. Yes yes I bought one of those pre-paid debit cards and enrolled it into my paypal. Hey now a days you don't know! Little you have to be careful with your dispute because your bank will only do that for you once a year and if the other side manages to tell your bank that you didn't cancel your subscription on time then they will reverse the credit leaving you with a negative balance or short 150. On top of that you may even get an overdraft fee if your bank account doesn't have sufficient funds.

Most banks will only take a dispute once every 12 months. I know with chase my sister (she's 16) lol I gave her a card and a limit on it she overdraft because she didn't "balance her checkbook" like I told her too. Anyways she overdrafted and I called the bank and they were like "we could reverse the fees and credit the account" but we can only do this once every 12 months. I'm not sure if it's the same case with disputes though (I doubt so) but at the same time there may be so many times that they are willing to return your money lol

Those risk free trials doesn't say anything that states u be in membership and will bill u monthly. all u do is pay s/h for the free trials and that's just a 1 time thing. it suck like hell to deal with those scam companies. I'm glad my BOA temp credit me hope it's permenant or else i will go out further to get my money back. I already filed to BBB. I will sure not to order anthing online again. It's a pain in the butt. My bank agent tells me I didn't need to change my debit card but he just block those companies from charging me so hope it works.

Toon

Official Robert Pattinson Ambassador
Those risk free trials doesn't say anything that states u be in membership and will bill u monthly. all u do is pay s/h for the free trials and that's just a 1 time thing. it suck like hell to deal with those scam companies. I'm glad my BOA temp credit me hope it's permenant or else i will go out further to get my money back. I already filed to BBB. I will sure not to order anthing online again. It's a pain in the butt. My bank agent tells me I didn't need to change my debit card but he just block those companies from charging me so hope it works.

Little I understand where you are coming from. But listen to this...when I signed up for the Acai Berry (you know the thing that Oprah and a lot of famous people are touting is the new super food for losing weight) I thought it was risk free membership trial...just pay for the S and H and that's it. But then when I received my product I looked at the package insert slips that came with it and I saw in fine prints it said that after my 21 day trial is over...I will be charged 80.95 a month for 30 pills. Now 80.95 might not sound bad compared to 150 but...just multiply 80.95 plus S and H over 12 months...that's almost 1000 dollars for 360 pills. That's a lot. When I saw this I was sooooo mad....I instantly called the company to cancel my membership...and to make matters worse....they advertised it as free right...well no...if I didn't return the product by a certain date....they were going to still charge me that 80.95 plus S and H. Man when I heard that I was like .... that's it... f%^k that I'm not going to do this anymore it wasn't worth my time and money...and the product didn't work for me either.

So the moral of the story is...you really do have to read everything...the website's, investigate the people who are advertising, read the fine prints...mostly they are scamming trying to get your money. I was lucky that I saw the fine prints in my package inserts and saw to it that they did not continue charging me up the ass for it.

How do u investigate the website or people? I got this tip from a friend...

First see if you can locate any phone numbers or email that you can talk to the "customer reps"
Then pretend to be a customer and call or email them up...if they don't respond to you ASAP like in 24 hours or give you the run-around...example...they tell you they are too busy or they keep redirecting you somewhere else...probability...they are not legitimate...

A real company that wants to service their customers will do anything and everything possible to get back to you.

I know this sounds extreme but I've actually tried this on a few of the so-called free trial websites...some I can't even find a number or email for contacts.

Muddie Murda

smile...
Ohhh don't worry, they'll tell you if it's a membership or not, but it's kinda your job to find the info LOL. It's either in very small gray text at the bottom or click on the terms and conditions. I did that for my trials...sorta made a excel chart of it and listed the company names, the # of days the trial is, date I enrolled, date to cancel, and their number. :D Of course, I never followed, which is why I was charged tahahaha

noungning

Heartless
on no, that's why there's a gift card with a 5$ balance on it for those types of transactions lol

i got the problem before but it's not really this type of issue. just got charged for things. random things...

recently i got a spam postal mail from spain - madrid to be exact but the postage was from france lol.

little

sarNie Adult
it's weird that on my online statement I already receive 3 temp. credit to my acount of $180. but today I look again and they added another $80 so that means I got an extra $80 right.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
No, they could just be crediting you 80 bucks out of that 180 meaning after the credit's quit pending then 100 dollars may be reversed. So if I were you. I'd be real careful not to spend that 180 until all payments quit pending.

little

sarNie Adult
i already got temp. credit $180 went thru my account and they decided to add another $80 to my account but it's still pending though if it's go thru then I'll get $80 extra if that's the case i'm a lucky girl

Muddie Murda

smile...
Yeah, like Tina said, don't be too happy now. They probably will take it back from your account later, so don't use it yet.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Yeah many people don't understand that it's a temporary credit.. a few weeks later after the files have been investigated and they've talked to everyone if they feel that you don't deserve that money then they will take it back. So I would be really careful about that. I've seen people who went through it .. For example

Person A called their bank to make a dispute of 200 dollars. The bank temporarily gave them a 200 dollars credit and try and resolve the issue with the vendor that the 200 dollar was given too. After further investigation the bank finds that the person was only jipped by 100 dollars so they wait until the payment goes completely through from the 200 temporary credit. After payment quits pending they deduct 100 of the original

Or, Sometimes the bank doesn't want til the 200 dollar quit pending and gives 100 dollars and after the payments go through they deduct 200 dollars.

Sometimes it takes weeks before they realize that they gave u extra credit so they take it back.

buklaoboi360

sarNie Adult
that's why i have a debit card from account now i just load my money on the card and when i run of money i just reload the money and never have a probelm! i dunt have the credit card like from chase or bank of america because if u dunt pay ur bill on time they will charge u or u'll have bad credit if u dun't pay ur credit card bill and they will try to sue you too !

STIMA

best thing you can learn from this is always research something first, and if thers nothing on it. wait till someone takes it and reports it as a scam. i researched this one clothing site, and i realized that the employee of that site or admin kept going around and praising her own website =/ thought it was odd. and i saw no consumer feedback. i googled her found out shes the website maker or someting o_o

Quarter

Tell me about it.
well i never got scam i was just stupid :mellow: .. it was for ring tones. forgot to cancel it and it was charged on my bill...yuck. never got my $10 back.