GOONG season 2!!

suritha

sarNie Egg

Four Leads Leaving "Goong": New Formation to Be Arranged for Sequel, Monday September 18, 2006 Korea
Credits to: http://ent-you.blogspot.com
The immensely popular “Goong – Sassy Princess” is scheduled to begin shooting its sequel in October. However, it was still unclear whether the original leads will continue their performance. On the 15th, when director Hwang Inroe accepted an interview, he finally revealed and confirmed that “Goong II” will have an entirely new cast. The four leads Ju Ji Hoon, Yoon Eun Hye, Kim Jung Hoon and Song Ji Hyo will not participate in the sequel.

Although many fans of “Goong” were filled with anticipation for the confirmation of the four leads, but they will have to be disappointed. Hwang Inroe, who is responsible for the shooting of “Goong II”, expressed: “Both Ju Ji Hoon and Song Ji Hyo have decided to do another work. Yoon Eun Hye has another reason, but the three of them have told me that they were unable to film the sequel. Only Kim Jung Hoon has promised to accept it. Therefore “Goong II” will be shown to the viewers with an entirely new cast as well as a different plot.” Regarding the fact that he has to prepare four new people to take up these characters, Hwang Inroe could hardly conceal that he feels abandoned.

Hwang Inroe indicated that “Goong II” will continue with the theme of a fictional South Korean monarchy, showing how tradition and the present can co-exist together. The plot will also be tied to the first series. The ending of “Goong” revealed that ultimately Lee Shin and Lee Yul didn’t inherit the throne, leading to the temporarily ascension of Shin’s sister Hyemyeong. The sequel will thus continue with this plot as the palace discovers the existence of a royal grandson living among commoners. In turns out that he have absolutely no clue about his identity. After he graduated from high school, he works as a delivery boy. He didn’t know until the palace invited him to come and he suddenly became a member of the imperial family in one night. Upon his entrance in the palace, he began his training. He will be groomed to become emperor. The inspiration for this plot came from the true story of the Joseon dynasty where a commoner became the emperor.

Currently, the drama team of “Goong II” is building a new scenery nearby Hwaseong, Suwon. They are also diligently trying out different filming angles. After the new leads are confirmed begin October, they will immediately start filming. It will then be broadcasted next year in January.

credited to michelle*

No, you guys aren't blind but yes indeed IT'S SE7EN!!!! he's going to be in the second season of Goong... And park shinhye is the girl from Tree's Heaven but sadly she isn't the main character, Kim Tae Hee is. Personally, I think that PSH should be the princess. But the other guy..iono who he is???? He is from some other drama...But sooo excited to see Se7en in Goong. He is hot and can definately sing but can he act? I guess we all have to wait.

sisii

Woahh Se7en's first drama!? haha I don't mind him, he would actually make a cute emperor hehe but they did confirmed he was going to be in this right? Kim Tae Hee will be playing the lead role? Weird, I don't see her anywhere in the picture...in fact the picture looks photoshopped to me -______-;

Anyways, the new storyline sound really good! Let's hope it won't drag hehe

cecilia

Staff member
^that's corrupted...no one is better than the original cast..aigoo..
i fear i will not like season 2 ..:(

kitkat

sarNie Elites
it's surprising... i thought i read the news that se7en said that he didn't know that since fans created rumors? actually, i can't remember all of news anyways.

honestly, i would be same as cecilia. i can't believe they didn't take the original cast... however, it's not director's fault since actors/actresses have their own reasons to not partipicate in goong 2. =[

but still, i don't want se7en to be in it... i love him as the singer but as actor, i don't mind but not now. =/ as for psh's role, i can't believe she's not a main girl? wahhh what a mess cast!

YoUa

One Of Kob Big Fan
Se7en looks so cute in the picture above. I hope isn't true cuz I love Se7en as a singer. Yeah I want to see Se7en in drama but not this one. I haven't check in Soompi so long so don't know the news is true or not.

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
^that's corrupted...no one is better than the original cast..aigoo..
i fear i will not like season 2 ..:(
TELL ME ABOUT IT!!! I've lost the reason to watch it...does anyone kno why they Joo Ji Hoon and Eun Hye wont be in there? that wont make sense no more!! URRGH :arrg: don't like it at all...THE ORIGINAL CAST NEEDS TO STAY!!

suritha

sarNie Egg
here's more info....credits to D2B Destiny

Goong 2 (Prince Hours)
Cast: Se7en , Heo Yi Jae (Sunflower, ºñ¿­ÇÑ °Å¸®), Park Shin Hye (Heaven's Tree), Kang Doo (Hello Francesca)
Plot: About a prince who does not know he possesses royal blood who is working as a delivery boy in a chinese restaurant. The story is about him entering the palace and what happens after that.

Seven aka Choi Dong-Wook plays the character: Lee Hoo
Huh Lee-Jae plays the character: Yang Soon-Ae (she's the main female lead, since she plays the opposite of Seven)
Kang Doo plays the character: Lee Joon (he's from the group 'The Jadu', but according to that picture of the four leads...he sure doesn't look like Kang Doo, lol)
Park Shin Hye plays the character: Shin Sae-Ryung

Lee Hoo (Se7en): His blood flows in a Royal family, but Lee Hoo doesn't know it. Not knowing that he's a prince, he works at a Chinese Restaurant as a delivery boy...delivering food in the palace. He looks at everything in a positive aspect and is an optimist by nature. Though he's in poverty (poor), he lives every day freely...but one day, something happens and it's the start of his life as a royal.

Yang Soon-Ae (Huh Lee-Jae): Everyone in the neighborhood knows Soon-Ae as an impracticable girl. She thinks preciously of her fraternal twin. But one day, she finds out that Lee Hoo is the boy that she grew up with as a child, and they start their life's together in the palace.

Kang Doo (Lee Joon): To become a prince, he recieved training as a mastery elite. He's a great candidate. Lee Hoo's appearance makes Lee Joon get farther away from becoming a prince. He's a perfectionist.

Park Shin-Hye (Shin Sae-Ryung): Honor and power, Sae-Ryung grew up in a wealthy family. She has never lost first place/spot at school (meaning she's very smart)...she has skills and the looks of becoming prince's wife. She always had the ambition of becoming a royal princess. However, the prince that she has always imagined of is completely different when she see's Lee Hoo's sudden appearance. A change comes to her way.

Filming will start in November 2006 to be aired on MBC in January 2007.

sugar

เฟริสค่ะ
The original cast turned down doing the 2nd season, they are probably busy with other projects so..*shrugs*

shana pakim

sarNie Adult
i think that it better if the old cast can play again in the second season...

but if the story totally change and don't continue from the frist one than

i'm fine with the new cast too...

Pee

sarNie Elites
OMG so cool! wahh i look forward to see drool on the screen when se7en is acting >_<

sugar

เฟริสค่ะ
and sugar, are you sure the original cast turned it down, or the PD PE (whatever you call it) didn't want them in it. i mean, serious, that PD/PE guy didn't look friendly.
the only one who agreed to do goong 2 was kim jung hoon..but since the other 3 turned it down, the pd just decided to go with a new cast

if you read the summary, it's a whole new storyline, nothing really to do with the first one. i have no idea why they even call it goong 2 and make it seem like it's a continuation when it's not.

Kristie

Yunho's GF~*
Yeah I read somewhere that the cast change
and it's a completely a different story it won't continue from the first...
but it still have the palace concept lol

hur~~ like cecilia and kitkat said i dunno if it's gonna be good...
I will give a try anyways :lol:

sarN

sarNie Granny
i read the storyliine but i like the concept of arrange marrige in Goong 1 hahahha and i hope in Goong 2 they don't extend eps making it long and dragy cuz in Goong 1 it was too long i was losing hope after eps 18 but i did manage to finsh it after a couple week it end .