Good Movie

mia07

Introvert
Saw some scenes on YT and idk if I will check that one out. Seems like there are many intimate/kissing scenes or it could possibly just be that those are what I only saw haha.. Plus, I'm still not used to seeing and being comfy with Bolly stars kissing, probably cuz im old school and conservative... I still prefer the old style with holding hands, embraces, and pecks on cheeks/foreheads XD

cecilia

Staff member
The younger generation these days love to do that quite often .. I miss old bollywood as well .. my favorite has to be the generation of MADHURIT, SRIDEVI, JUHI, AISHWARYA, and the KHAN BROTHERS .. Even the scripts were so brilliant then.

MoonChild

sarNie Hatchling
Yeah Ram-Leela have some quite steamy scenes alright but damn Ranveer and Deepika are electrify together!  Their chemistry are sizzling hot and so natural that it doesn't feel awkward at all... for me anyways lol  The film itself was just ok, first half was good but second half drags on. 

mia07

Introvert
Last film I watched was PK with Aamir and Anushka.. It's so funny with some minor flaws but I enjoyed it thoroughly although it has some similarities to OMG, another great film as well..

mia07

Introvert
Anybody else watched this film? This is a really good film. Surprisingly, it is one of the very very few that I can say I enjoyed thoroughly.

Katelyn

sarNie Oldmaid
^ I have heard great things about "Queen".  Would definitely like to watch it!!

Katelyn

sarNie Oldmaid
^Thanks for liking my banner.  My Indian friends highly recommended "Queen" but I haven't had the chance to watch it yet.  Have to make time soon.

mia07

Introvert
cecilia said:
I like QUEEN .. it's a good feeling movie --- and Kangana is Ranaut is so beautiful! I love her naturalness! Love in TANU WEBS MANU too :)

She did win Best Actress at Filmfare for it but sadly didn't bag the Best Actress by Critics though which I thought she deserved it. Now that Queen made her more popular, her attitude started to change just becuz of a one hit wonder.. =/ I hope she doesn't let success gets to her like most top Bollywood actresses nowadays..

mayag

sarNie Adult
I loved Paa! But I know I definitely have many more favourites. Just can't think of any right now. The only movie in the world that got me crying though was Taare Zameen Par. One of my all time favourites.
If you guys are ever super bored, you should check out Indian movies in other languages! I'd like to recommend ABCD, Om Shanti Oshana and My Boss (all Malayalam movies).
Btw, any fellow Indians on here?

mia07

Introvert
mayag said:
I loved Paa! But I know I definitely have many more favourites. Just can't think of any right now. The only movie in the world that got me crying though was Taare Zameen Par. One of my all time favourites.
If you guys are ever super bored, you should check out Indian movies in other languages! I'd like to recommend ABCD, Om Shanti Oshana and My Boss (all Malayalam movies).
Btw, any fellow Indians on here?

I watched South films too. Actually, I have begun to become more interested in South films since Bollywood is not as good as it used to be. I watched OSO and Nivin-Naz were so cute! I also watched Bangalore Days - really long film but quite good as well. Have you watched Drishyam? Heard about the remake in Hindi and would also like to see that version as well.

mayag

sarNie Adult
-ohMAIVdarlin' said:

I watched South films too. Actually, I have begun to become more interested in South films since Bollywood is not as good as it used to be. I watched OSO and Nivin-Naz were so cute! I also watched Bangalore Days - really long film but quite good as well. Have you watched Drishyam? Heard about the remake in Hindi and would also like to see that version as well.

I agree. Bollywood is becoming more and more about the glamour these days. But, of course, there are still some great movies coming out.

Right?!?! They were soo cute together!! Too bad they're both married. </3

I watched Bangalore Days waaay after it had been released. Everyone around me kept telling me how good it is and so when I finally watched it, I was a bit disappointed because I felt like it didn't live up to the expectations I had in mind. But it was a decent movie. Nothing special, in my opinion.

Yes!! Drishyam is AMAZINGG!!! There's never a dull moment in that movie. Have you watched it?

mia07

Introvert
mayag said:

I agree. Bollywood is becoming more and more about the glamour these days. But, of course, there are still some great movies coming out.
Right?!?! They were soo cute together!! Too bad they're both married. </3

I watched Bangalore Days waaay after it had been released. Everyone around me kept telling me how good it is and so when I finally watched it, I was a bit disappointed because I felt like it didn't live up to the expectations I had in mind. But it was a decent movie. Nothing special, in my opinion.

Yes!! Drishyam is AMAZINGG!!! There's never a dull moment in that movie. Have you watched it?

Even if they are great, they are more of a one-time watch. Nothing beats the old Bollywood. =P

I watched Bangalore Days after I saw OSO. BD was pretty long which I felt could have been cut shorter - felt really bad for Nivin though but Nivin-Naz from OSO, they were really something. I liked the tough Nivin - guys nowadays in those rough looks are hot. LOL. Yes I have seen Drishyam. So intense. I really wanna see the Hindi version becuz I think Ajay will do great as he's really good in tense role not to mention Tabu will be in it as well so yeah I'm quite excited.

mia07

Introvert
mongstaness said:
besides those that already listed i've also liked:

tere mere kahani
maghadheera
eega/makkhi
Magadheera is my favorite Telugu film after Shivamani though it has some minor flaws and could have been cut short. Bollywood remake to have Shahid so I'm curious who the female lead is. Although I won't have much hope on remakes, may they make it at least as better or the same as the origin.

mia07

Introvert
cecilia said:
I like QUEEN .. it's a good feeling movie --- and Kangana is Ranaut is so beautiful! I love her naturalness! Love in TANU WEBS MANU too :)
Ceci, since you watched that, have you seen the sequel? I read tremendous and good responses for it but have yet to see the first one which I will soon. It is really rare to find a good film nowadays.