❤️[GMMTV / Parbdee] F4 Thailand : Bright Vachirawit / Win Metawin / Dew Jirawat / Nani Hirunkit / Tu Tontawan

sarNie Adult
What will be interesting to see is if Bright will be able to branch out of BL like Kris. If not and if he likes acting, that's going to get to him after a while. But if he's just in it for the money, then he'll be fine in BL.

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
What will be interesting to see is if Bright will be able to branch out of BL like Kris. If not and if he likes acting, that's going to get to him after a while. But if he's just in it for the money, then he'll be fine in BL.
Read somewhere that as far as Bright's concerned, "2gether" will be his only BL drama though he's open to work with Win again.

As far as acting is concerned, his original path was to be a musician but he got into it perhaps because that's where opportunities came. He's a breadwinner. His parents are separated and he asked his mom to stopped working coz he wants to provide for her.

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
"WHO ARE YOU" remake looks impressive so far (and even quite a number of folks in Pantip and social media agree). It's the first K-drama remake of GMMTV and looks like they'll pass the baptism of fire.

I hope its director Khun Fon will be given the reins to handle this "Boys over Flowers" remake. She seems so detail oriented - both visuals and story.

I remember reading an article about her film "Arpat" where she asked the lead actor Charlie Trairat to shave his head and eyebrows since he'll be playing a novice monk there. Trairat had some hesitations coz he's raised as a Christian IRL and that perhaps make-up and prosthetics will do, but she deemed it necessary to capture the emotions as well.

Also Kay seems to be getting some initial praises in "WHO ARE YOU" and some are commenting that they might experience SLS in this drama. I hope he'll be considered to be part of F4 Thailand. He'll be a draw for sure, considering his YouTube channel alone has more than 1M subscribers.

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
Since there's barely any news about this (as with most other dramas here that are under production), I have added some more names to my cast wishlist.

This is my Shan Cai/Jan-di.

http://instagr.am/p/B-gv_AUHgwe/
http://instagr.am/p/B_jODP3DhEO/
(Isn't it cool that Pim was in a girl group named ZAZA, then Jan is currently in a girl group named SISSY?)

This is my Dao Ming Si/Jun-pyo.

http://instagr.am/p/CARngj7Jg7m/

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
I wish this version would be closer to the manga roots. Obviously I haven't read it but based on the characterisation I've read in Wikipedia, there seems to be a focus on beauty, social strata and belongingness. I'd love those themes to be explored here as well, not just the mere customary love ships. And to make it different from the other versions, why not insert a BL couple? In fact, I'd like one of the F4 (obviously not Dao Ming Si/Jun-pyo's role) to be gay. I think the casanova one would be the best bet to be granted that twist.

And I like how GMMTV made some terrific classroom gangs in "SOTUS", "Kiss the Series", "The Gifted", "2gether" and now "WHO ARE YOU". I hope to see it here too.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
I like the casting of the main leads. The girl physically looks perfect for Jan Di and same for Bright.

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
I only got 1 out of 5 correct (see my avatar for my proposed cast, and I've posted it here in this thread too), but hey congratulations Bright, Win andthe rest of the cast (and welcome to GMMTV too!).

This will be co-produced with Parbdee, same team behind "The Gifted" (Seasons 1 & 2), "The Shipper", "Wake Up Ladies" (Seasons 1 & 2), "One Night Steal".

http://instagr.am/p/CFMe6W-htIe/
Director will be O Patha, same director as "The Gifted" and "Thirteen Terrors".

Last edited:

Maricon

sarNie Oldmaid
Lol at the fans who wants this to become a BL version. Why do people demand so much and want them to stay as BL actors? I mean, let BrightWin breathe. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: Sorry for ranting but the comments annoy me to death. I'm not into BL to be honest, and I don't want to be that possessive fans. I hope lakorns get popularity overseas not just BL.

Anyway, I hope this will do well and they will be able to give justice to their roles.

Teedee17

sarNie Juvenile
Can’t believe I saw three versions already and now Thai gonna be my 4th, I’m glad it’s Bright was hoping it’ll be him.he fit the character. hope the new actress “Tu“ acting is good or else it’ll be disappointing, yep so annoy by the BL fans, they need to be open minded and let the actors try different varieties of roles to enhance their acting skills. this is a good opportunity for Bright, This is a famous project. even though I don’t like remakes but will tune in for him.

Last edited:

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
Tu kinda looks like Aokbab. Is GMMTV trying to win Chinese fans too?

Anyway, funny how some comments on IG say that this show is about bullying. I dunno about the demographics of the people here in the forum (maybe roughly my age 55555), but too much snowflake comments on social media that's why I only kept an account to follow Thai drama productions.

Have we gotten to the point that all remake productions in general should please these noisy cans? We need racial diversity, we need gender diversity, we need blah blah blah. And guess what we forgot, the essence of the original material itself.

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
And hello, Bright has been acting in straight roles before (albeit mostly supporting ones). 2gether is his first and these fans are now being territorial about his next steps.

For all we know, GMMTV already planned Bright to be part of this project but they needed to test the waters (and gain him fans) with 2gether. I myself didn't expect it to be phenomenal (somewhat thanks to this pandemic).

Maricon

sarNie Oldmaid
Tu kinda looks like Aokbab. Is GMMTV trying to win Chinese fans too?

Anyway, funny how some comments on IG say that this show is about bullying. I dunno about the demographics of the people here in the forum (maybe roughly my age 55555), but too much snowflake comments on social media that's why I only kept an account to follow Thai drama productions.

Have we gotten to the point that all remake productions in general should please these noisy cans? We need racial diversity, we need gender diversity, we need blah blah blah. And guess what we forgot, the essence of the original material itself.
It would be nice if GMMTV gains more fans overseas. But lakorn production companies should not be pressured to please demanding fans. How will the actors and actresses grow if they will be typecasted in a single genre? I watch lakorns of any type except BL (because of immature fans and I'm not yet comfortable watching BL). Some fans have the audacity to say that it's too early for BrightWin to be in a different lakorn. Assuming that they are both straight, they need to stop being delusional.