GENERAL VANG PAO DIES AT 81

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
THIS IS NO JOKE. GO TO FRESNO BEE. HE DIED TODAY AS OF JANUARY 6 2011.

http://www.fresnobee.com/2011/01/06/2222803/hmong-leader-vang-pao-dies.html

RIP GVP - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqIJiB1jyko&feature=player_embedded

Mae

sarNie Adult
Such sad news!!! I can't believe it. He was such a great General and has done so much for the Hmong people. His legacy will continue!!!

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^ thanks kulyia.. sadly that's the fact though.. there's so much haters and everything.. people tend to forget that if it weren't for him.. we wouldn't even be here..

The rumor of his "death" has been going on since the past week but it's sad how it happened to be today that he passed away.. May he rest in peace. He has done so many thing for us Hmong people even if they were right or wrong. I respect him for everything he's given to us Hmong communtities.. May you be blessed in everlasting peace, our Hmong Hero. God Bless!!

duaxiong

sarNie Adult
It was really just a rumor in the beginning since he was a little sick.
&i just found out today that it was real and the truth,i couldn't believe it!
May he Rest In Peace,he has been helping us hmong people.

cecilia

Staff member
^ thanks kulyia.. sadly that's the fact though.. there's so much haters and everything.. people tend to forget that if it weren't for him.. we wouldn't even be here..

The rumor of his "death" has been going on since the past week but it's sad how it happened to be today that he passed away.. May he rest in peace. He has done so many thing for us Hmong people even if they were right or wrong. I respect him for everything he's given to us Hmong communtities.. May you be blessed in everlasting peace, our Hmong Hero. God Bless!!
Truly bless to have someone think like you next to me, Julie .. so young but so mature! I truly agree on this 1000%

pbv

sarNie Juvenile
I heard this last night and I was really shocked. I don't know him personally, I've only seen a few times so I'm more worried than sad. I think this is going to put the hmong people in disarray for a while.

Sherrie

sarNie Adult
Ntshe Vaj Pov tuag no tau ua rau ntses thiab noog tuag. Lawv tau hais tias cov noog tau tuag ntau tus nyob rau Arkansas. Puas yog tseeb tias lawv tuag tad Vaj Pov. (Tu tu siab li)

Right? When he was trying to escape the communists, the sky turn dark and the communist couldn't catch him which he was able to escape. Heaven helped him escape. He's not an ordinary person at all. It's sad that he couldn't fulfill one of his dreams/wish to get the Hmong people out of the jungles. When you think about it, it's a sad thing. I think he wants to be buried in his "country" (meaning Laos) which is his birth place.

lauj_starlights

sarNie Egg
I am still crying. As I am writing this, tears are rolling down. Rest In Peace, Our Dear Hmong King. I am crying my tears out today. As of respect, I am going to wear black clothes to you. I woke up today at 10:31 am and my mom called me around 10:40 and told me the news. I was shocked and tried not to cry over the phone but I did. My mom also told me that in Alaska or some what state and country that black birds died so many. I am assuming my mom is referring to crows.

While Americans are wondering why all those crows are dying, the Hmong thinks that it is our General Vang Pao came and took all his tus mas tus khev with him. I could not stop crying when I heard that. I am still shock. I cannot believe. Now, who is going to love us Hmong people. I am truly sad that Hmong people end up like this. I hope the Hmong would not fight who gets to be in his seat. No one can beat our Dear Hmong General Vang Pao. Once again, RIP. You have no more worries. You will be dearly miss. I salute to you. Thanks once more for you help that the Hmong people have come this far. Thanks. (T.T)

I wrote this in the topic gossip and rumor as well.
-------IN HMONG-----------
Kuv xav sau tsav ntawm no rau pes tus nob nais poob vaj pov. Koj mus lawm los koj txhob tu siab. Peb cov ua nyob rau tos qab tseem tu siab tshaj. Txawm hais tias peb tsis muaj peb txiv hlub peb lawm los, tshuav peb hais neeg hmoob tseem muaj peb txiv daim me duab los saib us dab muag. Kuv yuav nco ntsoov koj rau hauv nruab siab. Ua tsaug rau koj lus me zog ua pab pab me hmoob txog niaj hnub no. Kuv zoo siab tau los paub ib tug nob li koj. Koj cov dab neeg ua qhiav txog koj lub me neej, kuv yuav nco ntsoov. Koj yog ib tus neeg dawb hu. Tsis txhom quaj lawm mog. Los coj koj cov tus mas tus khev nrog koj mus es mus pib ib lub neej tshiab. Peb hmoob yeej yuav tsum rov qab sis nhriav dua nawm mog. Mus zoo nawm mog, Nais Poob Vaj Pov.

^ @Sherrie, I think she might be right about the state that many crows died.

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
Not only fish and birds are dying other things are reporting to die as well.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/weather/weather_news/reports-of-dead-birds-and-fish-still-coming-in-from-around-the-world

nkaujhmoob08

sarNie Adult
I thought I was gonna be the first person to post up this topic but you already did. ; (
I didn't know that our General Vang Pao has passed away until this morning I heard my parents blabbing about it and then there came a news on Sacramento Bee confirming that he did died. It digust me how at first the gossip about the death of GVP was continuing on and then now it became real.

What will happen later on without him now? I hope we won't get betrayed and toss away.

Unfortunately, I'm not a big fan of any of this gossiping or anything towards GVP. But I do have a heart. I could understand why we don't have a land. Thank you.

myx

sArNieZ
it's sad to hear that the rumor are true. may he rest in peace. i'm glad he was able to attend his last new year celebration eventhough he's not in good health. he had lived to see the hmong community taking a step forward toward a better future like what he had planned, i think he's happy about this. now that he's gone, i hope hmong people don't do ugly fights to compete against each other to try to (take over general vang pao spot) try to become the next hmong leader.

rainie_vang

sarNie Juvenile
there's already a thread on this...
look b4 u start posting about
the same topics.

but i'm sad that he died; RIP GVP.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
there's already a thread on this...
look b4 u start posting about
the same topics.

but i'm sad that he died; RIP GVP.
haha I saw the other one.

But went on to start a new one to inform everyone that GVP is REALLY GONE, that it's not a rumor.
by the way everyone don't go to news and gossips, so i posted here. :thumbsup:

nkaujhmoob08

sarNie Adult
haha I saw the other one.

But went on to start a new one to inform everyone that GVP is REALLY GONE, that it's not a rumor.
by the way everyone don't go to news and gossips, so i posted here. :thumbsup:
True. Not everyone pay attention to every other thread. People tend to get lazy so they are more active on the first few rows that recently comes by.

NploojSiabHlub

sarNie Egg
i bet thousand hmong will come to his funeral. i wonder the funeral will be held where loc.
Most likely it will be held at the Fresno Convention Center. Both Fresno Fairground and Convention Center were offered for our father General Vang pao's body to be held at but over the weekend they were still deciding and said the confirmation will be coming today.