General Vang Pao Arrested????

snow

sarNie Egg
i read out local newspaper yesterday about his arrest and it felt like a conspiracy to cover up the genocide of the Hmong people in Laos....

the article stated that he and his followers were planning to kill thousands of people to over throw the Lao government and he was considered a terriost....

i mean...that is a complete cover up!!! towards the end of 2006 and beginning of 2007, issue of them Lao government killing Hmong people in the jungles have been highly publicized and now, the Lao government is coming up with this cover up to excuse the claims....it's so pathethic and wrong!

no matter if you like General Vang Pao or not, you should focus on how this will impact the Hmong communities....this is a major set back for those who have been working hard to bring freedom to those still in the jungles....it's a devastating blow!
Exactly. Like I said there's more than one side to the story. We have only heard one side because the people arrested have not been given a chance to say anything. I know how hmong people are...when one of their kind is in trouble (even if that person is innocent), they turn their back against that person because they don't want the world to hate them too. (This statement does not apply to VP because anyone with a mind to kill is not innocent.)

Natty, until we hear two sides to the side, don't rush into conclusion. In time like this, families of these people may be devastated to hear what you people have to say. Just image if their your uncles, dad, or brothers, you would be the same too. (fyi, I am not related to anyone of them)

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
To Jensen:

You asked me what do I mean about supporting a friend without supporting the things they do and I did provide my explanations earlier...

"I say this to a lot of my good friends...it's like you can't make decisions for them...you can give them advice, but whether they take it or not...that's all on them...so if you're a good friend then...just hope for the best!"

You gave your example of how this may apply to GVP actions, so here is mine. Let's say I'm his friend and I don't agree with his decision to overthrow the Lao gov't...does that mean I completely forget about him and let him do his own thing??? No, and you said this yourself but in different words...as a friend, I will advise him on what I think is right, but whether he chooses to take it or not, that's something I can't control...it's him, not me...and because he did chose to execute his plan, then what can I do...again, it's not my choice to make...but he'd still be a friend!

How did you get that I would say yes to whatever makes my friend happy? If I agree to everything, then I wouldn't bother giving him/her advice right???

And no, I know and you all know it is not ok to bomb others just to make yourself happy...and I agree with someones else in here that you can support someone without supporting what they do...maybe, you're taking it as supporting means to agree and do whatever your friend wants to do...my support is different and I hope that explains it if you didn't know what I meant.

iamnowhere

sarNie Adult
OKay skimmed through the first two page and kind of doze off on the 3 and 4. What exactly did the rebels plan to do after they overthrow the Lao government?? Is a more of a human rights issue or political??

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
OKay skimmed through the first two page and kind of doze off on the 3 and 4. What exactly did the rebels plan to do after they overthrow the Lao government?? Is a more of a human rights issue or political??
Hm...good question! My take on this is...for GVP, maybe it's human rights and as for the US...probably political, but then I don't know GVP's intentions behind it or the US's reasons for ignoring what's happening to the Hmong people...I think I know, but that's just me!

slee00

sarNie Adult
I just got copy of the official 90 pages court papers for this case....if you would like to read it...email me and I will send u a copy

slee859915@aol.com

bugsy

sarNie Adult
i read out local newspaper yesterday about his arrest and it felt like a conspiracy to cover up the genocide of the Hmong people in Laos....

the article stated that he and his followers were planning to kill thousands of people to over throw the Lao government and he was considered a terriost....

i mean...that is a complete cover up!!! towards the end of 2006 and beginning of 2007, issue of them Lao government killing Hmong people in the jungles have been highly publicized and now, the Lao government is coming up with this cover up to excuse the claims....it's so pathethic and wrong!

no matter if you like General Vang Pao or not, you should focus on how this will impact the Hmong communities....this is a major set back for those who have been working hard to bring freedom to those still in the jungles....it's a devastating blow!
Coverup? As much as some people would hope, I dont think the Laos government set this up. Isnt it more logical that after 30+ years of being "ignored" by the US with the situation of Hmongs in Laos, something like this would happen? Something like a plan by Hmong people's "leaders" to overthrow the government? Obviously as others have stated, everyone will have their own opinons on this and opinions are certainly welcomed. As natty stated earlier, I think it is obvious what his intentions were even if he, himself, hasnt come to the surface and said it out. I never really cared to think about him in high regards as with so many other Hmongs out there and we are all definately biased based on just that. But I too wonder why the heck he did that. Violence isnt going to solve anything nor is it going to make the Hmong's appearance any better with all the downfalls we've had these past years. It sucks that as minority, who we are is reflected upon Vang Pao's actions or the actions of other Hmongs. Same with other minority groups out there. But I do believe that there are better people out there. Diversity has become such a great word and people are not as naive as they use to be. I dont doubt there will be more hate crimes across the nation towards Hmongs but I also don't doubt that there are people who understands that we are not as one and do not all think alike. I always hate it when someone says "o, now everyone's gonna hate us." Call it optimism or whatever but I dont think that in this day and age people are that racist or whatever you wanna call it.

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
Here goes our Hmong reputation....
Yep. I agree. Damn, Vang Pao is stupid. No wonder why I never liked him.

sorry, i dont have respect for him......so dont get offended!!!
Don't blame you Lek. I think all respect to him is now gone. VP is...Urgh!!

I am so ashamed at some of you people's comments...have no respect for your own kind. Making such comments without knowing the truth. I'm not saying I support the guy for his act, but I sure know not to say such stupid comments because I don't know what his true intentions were. This is the reason why Hmong people never get along or have a leader...they always like to pull each other's legs. Everyone was complaining why VP didn't do anything to help the people in the jungle, but when he had plan to do something but failed, they laugh at him and glad he was arrested. When will you people learn to be more mature? You all sit here and complain even when there are white people that support him. I am so ashamed of you.
No need to tripp at P'Natty or anyone else. P'Natty's right, you have to admit it.
I think you're wrong in saying that we're shameful for talking in a negative way
about VP, but truth is, you're just looking for the respect for your people, that's
good and we do have respect for our people. But you must not understand that
through time, people change. Obviously, VP is one of them. He didn't go from a
good person to a better person. Instead, he went from good to bad. As a little
girl and up till now, I have a close bond with my dad. My dad is very interested
in politics, and mostly Hmong politics. You can't say that I don't love my people
because I do very much. I've inherited that from my father who loves his people
dearly. You know the saying, Nobody's perfect. No one is. Hmong people
are the true description of gossipers. I think so. I mean, I love Hmong folks to
the very fullest, but still, they're not flawless. At times, they talk too much crap
and it's just crap. Just because we're talking negative about VP doesn't
mean that we're immature. We're looking at the bigger picture, you're not. When
I was a little girl, my dad told me a lot about the Hmongs and their suffering. I
admit, I hated the Thais and Laotians for treating our Hmongs so awfully. But,
that was then, this is now. Besides, you learn to forgive and forget.
Sure, Hmongs have suffered back then because the Laotians tortured us.
And forever, it'll probably remain in all our hearts too. But then my dad was
held true respect for VP. I saw it, I admired it, I even started to admire VP for
it. But after a while, my dad started to tell me other things. That VP was stupid.
That he was just doing crap now. Because he is. VP isn't very much respected
nowadays, you must not know that. A variety of the Hmong folks that I've met
or talked to, some don't even know VP, some don't even have respect for him
because he's changed so much. He went from a savior in the eyes of the Hmong
into just a lame person. I've read from "Hmong Today," a Minnesota newspaper,
that someone caught VP's son's house on fire and killed his son as well. Well?
Does it seem like people like VP? I don't think so. Nor do I.

I really believe that VP is stupid. Is he trying to ruin the Hmong image here?
We've come a long way. I truly mean it. Hmongs have become so popular now,
so advanced. We have Hmong radio stations, chiropractors, doctors, teachers,
and so much more. As the Hmong saying, Hmoob vam meej los lawm ntau.
But number one, if VP was going to attack Laos, why didn't he wait? He's awfully
stupid. After the VTech shooting, for some odd reason, the Hmongs are blamed
for it. We're hated for something Cho Seung-Hui did. And he's Korean! I'm not
saying, "Go attack Korea" either. Don't attack anyone. I understand that Cho
Seung-Hui did the things for him and his siblings and because he felt he had
enough bullying but he didn't handle it the right way. After the VTech shooting,
a lot of Americans are angry. My teacher cried to much because she was very
close friends with the teacher that was killed. Everyone at school nowadays
always says to me, "Ooh, was he your brother? Oh my god, you're going to get
arrested!" Bullshit. Number one, Am I Korean? Heck no, I'm Hmong.
Still, I get hated because some kid wanted to kill two people and then an hour
later, he wants to end up killing thirty-three people and then kill himself.
Here, in North Carolina, a few of us kids have been accused of plotting violence
against the school or world. At Maiden High School, a Hmong boy, age sixteen,
drew a picture of two figures fighting. This was a week before the VTech shooting.
The Art teacher took up sketch books and graded them, then returned the
sketch book back to their owners. However, two days after the VTech shooting,
the teacher asked the Hmong kid for his sketch book again. That day, at lunch,
the boy was called to the office, accused of trying to put the school in danger, and
when the boy refused all that was blamed on him, he got suspended for about ten
days. The boy's sixteen and just doing what any regular white boy would do, draw
about fighting. Aren't all boys like that? But that one Hmong boy was picked out and
accused of such crap. He's innocent, but the school administration accuses him of
being in connections with Cho Seung-Hui. That this boy, knew about the
shootings and didn't report it, that he was an ally to Cho Seung-Hui. That's bullshit.

So now that Hmongs are now hated on, and all the Hmongs wanted to get together
and talk about it with the US government, VP decides to do this? That's stupid, very.
He's putting the Hmongs in even more danger. My dad said that the Hmongs, living
in Thailand, that are from "Dej Dawb," have now been kicked out of Thailand and
forced to return to Laos. How about that, VP? Do you like it? Your Hmong people will
hate you now. We were in a good situation, life was prosperous, but VP ruined it.
I believe that Hmongs were in a rank where there were some folks that could look
up to us. Someone people really admired the Hmong folks. They want to be like us
in every aspect. But now, we are looked down on again. We are now considered
terrorists everywhere we go. That's how we're labeled here, if not anywhere
else in the world. This is the number one reason why I'm pissed at VP for doing this
stupid thing. And when I complained about it, my brother bitched at me. I believe that
I'm right, but I will respect others' thoughts as well. VP should have waited till the hate
from the VTech shootings died down first before he actually tried anything. But moreover,
he shouldn't have started anything either. We Hmongs don't have a country, and until
we do, never, never try to start war with anyone. We are living in the US,
but that doesn't mean that the United States will support us one-hundred percent. You try
to bring danger into their country, you're gone. Hmongs may have excelled in life, but
we are not great enough to be able to start war yet. I mean, nine people were involved
in this foolish act? Does anyone think that only nine people can attack and get rid of Laos?
Let me laugh about it first before you answer. And if you get offended with my post, deal
with it. I didn't tell you to read it. We can post our opinions, free country. SW rocks.

slee00

sarNie Adult
this operation is too massive for him and his associates to make it happen. we all know well that to make this happen, white house has to clear the way, it is sad that it leaked out and vp took the fall " rules of engagement" and i am sure there is going to be very hard time ahead for us hmong back home and here in america as well.

anti-hmong

sarNie Hatchling
okay...so, i've been known to bash the hmong peeps...and this reply ain't gonna be any different...so if you get easily offended i suggest you skip this comment =)

first off...i have to say...VP got what was coming to him and i hope he rots in the laos prison...people say to support him and blah blah blah...and that it was because of him that hmong people are living here in the US with freedom and blah blah blah...but what they are fogetting is that it was because of his greed that thousand of innocent hmongs were killed during the vietnam war...it is because of him that hmong people in laos today are being killed and mutilated...hmong people put VP on a very high pedestal that he can't do no wrong...

second...VP's an idiot...always have been and always will be...because only an idiot would've came up with the plan to overtake a country that has never been his and will never be his...VP's just a greedy little bastard who lives in his own lala land fantasizing about things that will never come true...instead of helping the hmongs advance in this country...VP's greed will have a negative impact on the hmong community...and the thing about the lao government using this as a coverup...that is downright ridiculous...why the hell would they need a coverup?...they've been killing and mutilating hmongs for years without needing a coverup...why the heck would they need one now?

third...this seems like every other hmong issue out there...hmong people think just because a hmong person was involved...the whole hmong community should give their support...it doesn't matter whether it's right or wrong...well, that's BS...if it was another race hmong people would be going it's wrong and we shouldn't be supporting it blah blah blah...just like the war in iraq...but because this is a hmong person doing the planning and crap...hmong people completely changed their tune saying that we should be supporting VP no matter what...damn hypocrites...

and i'm outta time...i'll come back later for more comments =)

tik_aom_luver

sarNie Adult
I just hope everything turns out okay..and am very praying for our Father - General Vang Pao I don't know why ppl are soo mean but he is the only reason why we are here in america..without him, we wouldn't be here today...soo you should all respect him for that!!!!

jekki2chipo

sarNie Hatchling
anti-hmong,
i couldn't have said it even better. amen, at least someone in this forum understands that gvp isn't the father of hmong peeps. he's just another random solider. doesn't make him any better or worse than most of the hmong creeps out there.

i'm no gonna say much, since most of ya already have in mind that you would consider him either guilty or innocent, cause if you value GVP like a GOD that so many stupid hmong peeps do, then be prepared to see your god become human. and those who dislike GVP, i would say it's about time we step away from saying GVP is our leader. he's nothing just another hmong dude living off of stupid hmong peeps money.

tik_aom_luver,
gvp isn't the only reason hmong peeps are here, hmong peeps came to US or abroad way before GVP came to US. respect or no respect the man gotta show me his respect before he gets mine. he has yet to do anything for me to make me proud to say oh yeah gvp he's a good guy, besides ask for money so he can fight his dirty little war. i guess his son's arrest last year is the start to draw out the dirty a-holes who wanna screw everyone over.

hmong peeps has succeeded so much in US, dude why screw it up with their little war games. if US wanted to help the hmong peeps get a few independent country, they would have done it a long time ago, trust me. hmong peeps haven't done anything to prove to US that US needs them. also with 9 million dollars why not go buy a island and take all your hmong peeps there. enough said.

also wanna speak in advanced, bashing each other over supporting or not supporting isn't gonna solve anything, but just proves how dumb and closeminded most hmogn peeps are when it comes to issues their own people can handle but chooses not to. (I said MOST HMONG PEEPS, i didn't say ALL so please read carefully). since most of the hmong peeps in this thread barely read post without opening their mouths to type some bs.

dynomite

Wanna-Be เจ้าชู้
I mean, I love Hmong folks to the very fullest, but still, they're not flawless. At times, they talk too much crap and it's just crap. Just because we're talking negative about VP doesn't mean that we're immature. We're looking at the bigger picture, you're not. When I was a little girl, my dad told me a lot about the Hmongs and their suffering. I admit, I hated the Thais and Laotians for treating our Hmongs so awfully. But, that was then, this is now. Besides, you learn to forgive and forget.
Sure, Hmongs have suffered back then because the Laotians tortured us. And forever, it'll probably remain in all our hearts too. But then my dad was held true respect for VP. I saw it, I admired it, I even started to admire VP for it. But after a while, my dad started to tell me other things. That VP was stupid. That he was just doing crap now. Because he is. VP isn't very much respected nowadays, you must not know that. A variety of the Hmong folks that I've met or talked to, some don't even know VP, some don't even have respect for him because he's changed so much. He went from a savior in the eyes of the Hmong
into just a lame person. I've read from "Hmong Today," a Minnesota newspaper, that someone caught VP's son's house on fire and killed his son as well. Well? Does it seem like people like VP? I don't think so. Nor do I.
Joey... can you tell me what stories you heard that Thai people did to you? I want to understand the trials and tribulations of Hmong people as it concerns Thailand as I would like to be prepared as to why any Hmong would hate me. PM will ya... as i am sure this is off topic. :^)

To keep on topic... do you Hmong people who expressed your opinion against Vang Pao think Hmong people are oppressed in Laos or do you think everything is good in Laos... again this is only for those who expressed negative views of Vang Pao and who are Hmong (not that others are limited).

Am I intruding? I know this was posted in the Hmong section... so I apologize if I overstepped my boundary being that I'm not Hmong, but hey... Natty's here. :^P

nkaujhmoob08

sarNie Adult
2 charged in Laotian overthrow plot

By DON THOMPSON, Associated Press Writer 34 minutes ago

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - A former Laotian military general and a former California National Guard officer were among nine people charged Monday with plotting a violent overthrow of Laos' communist government.
ADVERTISEMENT

The group was raising money to recruit a mercenary force and buy enough weapons to equip a small army, including anti-tank missiles and grenade launchers, prosecutors said.

"We're looking at conspiracy to murder thousands and thousands of people at one time," Assistant U.S. Attorney Bob Twiss said in federal court.

He said thousands of co-conspirators remain at large.

General Vang Pao, who immigrated to the U.S. in about 1975 and has been credited by thousands of Hmong refugees with helping them build new lives in the U.S., was accused of being the mastermind. He was charged with conspiracy to topple Laotian leaders.

Also charged was former California National Guard Lt. Col. Harrison Ulrich Jack, who was accused of acting as an arms broker and organizer.

Vang Pao had led
CIA-backed Hmong forces in Laos in the 1960s and 1970s as a general in the Royal Army of Laos, while Jack is a 1968 West Point graduate who was involved in covert operations during the Vietnam War.

The attorneys for Vang Pao and Jack had no immediate comment after Monday's court proceeding.

Seven others, all prominent members of the Hmong community from California's Central Valley, also were charged, including Lo Thao of Sacramento County, president of United Hmong International, which the complaint says also is known as the Supreme Council of the Hmong 18 Clans; Youa True Vang of Fresno, founder of Fresno's Hmong International New Year; and Hue Vang, a former Clovis police officer.

Also charged were Lo Cha Thao of Clovis; Chong Yang Thao, a Fresno chiropractor; Seng Vue of Fresno and Chue Lo of Stockton, both of whom are clan representatives in United Hmong International.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Kimberly J. Mueller ordered all nine defendants to be held in custody until separate hearings later this week.

Contact information for the other defendants' lawyers was not immediately available.

The criminal complaint said Vang Pao, now 77, and the other Hmong defendants formed a committee "to evaluate the feasibility of conducting a military expedition or enterprise to engage in the overthrow of the existing government of Laos by violent means, including murder, assaults on both military and civilian officials of Laos and destruction of buildings and property."

The committee acted through the Lao liberation movement known as Neo Hom, led in the U.S. by Vang Pao. It conducted extensive fundraising, directed surveillance operations and organized a force of insurgent troops within Laos, according to the complaint.

As recently as May, people acting on behalf of the committee were gathering intelligence about military installations and government buildings in the Laotian capital of Vientiane, according to prosecutors.

Since January, the Hmong leaders and Jack inspected shipments of military equipment that were to be purchased and shipped to Thailand, shipments that were scheduled for June 12 and June 19, the complaint alleged. That equipment included machine guns, ammunition, rocket-propelled grenade launchers, anti-tank rockets, stinger missiles, mines and C-4 explosives.

After the defendants' court appearance Monday, prosecutors displayed photographs of the weapons involved in the alleged plot. They showed a light anti-tank rocket system, a Stinger missile, Claymore mines and an AK-47 assault rifle.

The defendants also attempted to recruit a mercenary force that included former members of the Army special forces or Navy SEALs, prosecutors said.

Jack worked full-time doing strategic planning for the California National Guard after retiring from active duty as a lieutenant colonel about 10 years ago.

He recently established the Hmong Emergency Relief Organization, a nonprofit committed to supporting the Hmong community. He also is president of the nonprofit Youth Development Academies of America.

In March, Jack was hired by Yolo County, near Sacramento, as an ombudsman to help employees who have concerns or problems with county officials. He earned a bachelor's degree in engineering from West Point.

Vang Pao has been a source of controversy elsewhere.

In April, a dispute erupted in Madison, Wis., over a proposal to name a new elementary school after him, a move intended to honor the area's large Hmong population. Dissenters said a school should not bear the name of a figure with such a violent history.

In 2002, the city of Madison dropped a plan to name a park in his honor after a University of Wisconsin-Madison professor cited numerous published sources alleging that Vang Pao had ordered executions of his own followers, of enemy prisoners of war and of his political enemies.

Spokesmen for Vang Pao and his followers denied the charges at the time.
oh!...everybody knew that already/.......oh damn!...god help us!...wat are we gonna survive in the next generation wifout him!!!!!!!!!!!please god help us!!!..i am so disappionted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....i have no idea wat r other ethnic people gonna do wif us....i am now worry if someday we might gonna get trap or kill!!!...awwww~...i felt so sorry for our hmong pep!!!! no land no nothing....death!....

mmm0403

sarNie Juvenile
The way I feel and see about the situation...when America needed Hmong people to fight the war in Vietnam, they used whatever methods to get Hmong people to help. Now, Hmong people have nothing to offer to America, so America does not really care.

natty

Chubs
oh!...everybody knew that already/.......oh damn!...god help us!...wat are we gonna survive in the next generation wifout him!!!!!!!!!!!please god help us!!!..i am so disappionted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....i have no idea wat r other ethnic people gonna do wif us....i am now worry if someday we might gonna get trap or kill!!!...awwww~...i felt so sorry for our hmong pep!!!! no land no nothing....death!....

omfg are you kidding me?! some one tell me this person just joking..

dyno.. haha hush! i'm every where dear..

bugsy

sarNie Adult
whoaaaaa....a little insane must i say?

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
LOLs. This turned into a little everyone-bash-each-other thread.
LOLs. Funny. Dyno, I'm not hating on you. I love you!! LOLs.
Besides, I'm over that crap. Because it's the past. I mean, heck
I love Thailand and Thai people to death, but I'm not kissing any
feet either. I'm just saying that it was the past. From way back
in history, Thais used to be the same as Laotians towards the
Hmongs too. But like I said, you learn to forgive and forget.

And heck, to whoever said that VP is the only reason why we got
to live in the United States, you're wrong. If the US didn't accept
us, then we wouldn't be living here. It's not only VP's doing. He's
a crappy guy. Like someone up there said, VP's just a crappy,
greedy person. End of story.

This topic makes me mad. Basically, every race is mad at each
other because they're protecting their group. It's cheesy, but
why can't we just all be friends? This is the stupid reason
why wars start anyway. It's like fights too. "Oh you talked crap
about me, I'm going to kick your ass." Or, "Oh, you called my
best friend a bitch, you're going to die, bitch!" La, la, la. If that
keeps happening, just kill me. That's not what I'm living for.
Sheesh. And again, I'm not forcing anyone to believe me. I'm
just stating my opinions. Like I said, free world. It's somewhere
in the constitution or declaration, I forget which one, it's in there.

But don't bash me or come choking my neck, I still love you,
whoever you are. We're all Sarnies, even if some folks don't
get along. But Laotians, don't hate us over this fact. We didn't
do it, stupid VP did it. I'm sorry Hmongies, because I side with
the Laotians in this situation. I'm embarrassed that VP is Hmong
because he's now ruined our image. He didn't think too thoroughly
about this act. He's too greedy. And he keeps holding a damn
grudge against the Laotians for something that's already too old
to be remember. Live in the present, for god's sake! If you keep
living in the past, you'll get nowhere! Like someone in the Laotian
section said, that mofo deserved it.

But then again, was this true or not? Did VP really do it? Or is
he getting framed? I think he did, since so many folks hate him
now. Like I said, someone killed his son or something. And then
again, maybe the person that killed his son is framing him. But
then again, ha! They have proof in Thailand and Laos. God damn,
VP is embarrassing. Say goodbye to our Hmong reputation.

if-only

sarNie Hatchling
lol natty and dynomite you don't have to be hmong to post in here. sarnworld is open for everyone.... anyways i'll be glad to answer your question on why the hmong oldgies don't like the thai/laos/kmer/veitnam government. when the vietnam war ended, the hmong was forced into refugee camps by the government of those country. many of the thai/lao/kmer/ soldiers treated them very badly. they raped the girls and torture the men, women, and children and when you have witness it first hand, those anger, those bitterness don't just go away easily. It leaves a mark; a scar in their heart forever. And even as I type these words down, many hmong who makes their home in the jungle of thai/lao are still being hunted and killed like animals. Many times have the hmong people ask the United Nations and America to help but they have not because we're not "their" people. and so the hmong ppls cries for help goes on unheard. Many of the younger hmong generation think differently because they haven't seen these terror happen right in their front yard.

Anti-hmong- maybe you were born into the wrong culture because you do not support the hmong ppl at all. I still remember when you and someone else started a big argument on sarnworld in here. And about the iraq war. Don't you think it's the same as what they accuse GV of doing. Bush led the military into overthrow on Suddam and their govenment and having him killed. but just because Bush's a representative of US, the most powerfulest country on earth, he is not accuse of being wrong.

Jekki- GV wanted to do that a long time ago. he proposed that the hmong people be given a land and just let them be but now the US government turned it down and that's why we still live in the US today.

oh yeah one more thing b4 i go.... i think that us hmong ppl couldn't avoid the war if we wanted to because our ancestor lived on the border of laos/thai. pretty soon the war was going to drag the hmong in even if vang pao didn't ask the hmong to help the americans. get it?