Fundraising for THINK Together's Miles for Change

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
Hi People,

I'll try to cut this short cuz i know people hate to read long stuff...

I work for a company that specializes in after school programs. Right now, my company is having a fundraiser called Miles for Change. This involves collecting pennies. However, any type of donation is accepted because we can convert it for our project later. There are many goals here. First of all, we are trying to fund programs that cater to english learning children of low income families. Second of all, we are trying to get matched funds from the state (which means, whatever we make, they will match). Third, we are trying to raise awareness for people in communities to come together (to help their own children). And fourth, my company is trying to break the record for most miles collected through pennies.

on march 25th (which is also my brother's birthday...ironically), NASCAR's Auto Club Speedway will let us borrow their race track to lay down 8,448,800 pennies. it will take 50 loops around the track to complete 100 miles. the current record is 40 miles. we will definitely beat that if people come together and make a difference. please help me out by donating!! get anyone you know to donate. even a penny will add up. don't think ur shameful just because u can only donate a penny. like i said, it adds up!

all the schools under my company are competing to see who can raise the most money. whichever school raises the most money will earn their students a free night at the Dodgers game!! i'm in charge of jersey elementary, and my students MUST GO!! they don't have much so this will be a sweet blessing to visit a stadium in real life.

here's the website as to where you can donate. Just click on the "sponsor me now" button once u visit the 'Jersey Elementary' link below. Share the page with anyone you know too, please.

Jersey Elementary

I don't know if i forgot anything else, but if you have any questions, please feel free to ask me here or through PM. Thank you. i really appreciate your help.

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
OMG YOU DONATED $100!!! ARE YOU CRAZY?? THANK YOU!! I WILL TELL MY STUDENTS ABOUT YOU AND YOUR KIND DEED. I AM ALMOST CERTAIN THAT NO ONE WILL BE THAT GENEROUS WITH THEIR DONATION. YOU'RE MY HERO!! THANKS AGAIN!!

anan

sarNie Adult
OMG YOU DONATED $100!!! ARE YOU CRAZY?? THANK YOU!! I WILL TELL MY STUDENTS ABOUT YOU AND YOUR KIND DEED. I AM ALMOST CERTAIN THAT NO ONE WILL BE THAT GENEROUS WITH THEIR DONATION. YOU'RE MY HERO!! THANKS AGAIN!!
Our world is made of crazy ppl. dear Tookatha lol. :D
Some...are crazy about new fashion, big brand: Gucci, Louis Vuiton bags, nice shoes etc...
Some...are crazy about new tech. stuff & gadgets...

... and there is a crazy guy like me who works sometimes on week-end as freelance to get extra-money & re-invest in helping the others (kiva.org, NGO donation, non profit org.), it's simply 1 or 2h of my working/spare time that i hope to help your children in their education, learning & activities.

so, i count on u to teach them well, becos they are our future... ^_^

G'luck Jersey Elementary team ! B)

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
Wow, that's deep man. I will take good care of the kids...I promise. Plus, they are my kids. I have to. hahaha

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
is there a JoniL here who donated at my website? if so, i want to THANK YOU very much. it was also a very kind amount! :lol:

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
JOHNNY!! I KNOW HOW MUCH YOU LOVE ME, BUT YOU GOT A SON TO TAKE CARE OF!!! WHEN I HAVE A CHANCE, I'LL SHOW U THE SAME KINDNESS THAT YOU HAVE DISPLAYED!! THANK YOU!! YOU REALLY ARE DEAR TO ME!!

ijohn

sarNie Adult
JOHNNY!! I KNOW HOW MUCH YOU LOVE ME, BUT YOU GOT A SON TO TAKE CARE OF!!! WHEN I HAVE A CHANCE, I'LL SHOW U THE SAME KINDNESS THAT YOU HAVE DISPLAYED!! THANK YOU!! YOU REALLY ARE DEAR TO ME!!
...i was looking at those pictures of those kids on your flicker site links and i'm glad there are people like yourself who will not let these kids fall through the cracks and become societies misfits... i see not many more donations come in atm and i wonder how many drive bys' to your web site occur daily... i have read in the past from some where that real change is propagated by action on the part of a minority 3% of the population... i have always tried to wonder if somdays i could be a part of the 3% and make myself useful... i guess i'm still working on that,,, maybe someday when i'm truly alone i can smile at my reflection and know i've done my part to make a difference in someone elses life... i salute those like yourself that are of that 3% that strive with professionalism and dedication to do something bigger then yourselves... thank you...
to others i urge you to think about those 3% that will make things better and do your part what ever it is just act to help out... volunteer and feel your heart extend out to those less fortunate... thank you if you take time to understand what i'm trying to say here...

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
...i was looking at those pictures of those kids on your flicker site links and i'm glad there are people like yourself who will not let these kids fall through the cracks and become societies misfits... i see not many more donations come in atm and i wonder how many drive bys' to your web site occur daily... i have read in the past from some where that real change is propagated by action on the part of a minority 3% of the population... i have always tried to wonder if somdays i could be a part of the 3% and make myself useful... i guess i'm still working on that,,, maybe someday when i'm truely alone i can smile at my relfection and know i've done my part to make a difference in someone elses life... i salute those like yourself that are of that 3% that strive with proffesion and dedication to do something bigger then yourselves... thank you...
to others i urge you to think about those 3% that will make things better and do your part what ever it is just act to help out... volenteer and feel your heart extend out to those less fortunate... thank you if you take time to understand what i'm trying to say here...
awwwwwww...that's really sweet. i wish other people would take in an inkling of your thinking. but i also understand how hard it is for some people right now. a buck goes a long way. lol

...and johnny, you'll never be alone the way you are. :rolleyes: