From GossipStar:

Nameless

N i n j a
hollywood is doin' their adaptation of bangkok dangerous---a film by the pang brothers. and i guess they're tryin' to find the actors.

tang071

sarNie Elites
yay chakrit. love him so much. he was in belly of the beast with sara malakul lane and steven seagull. so mad tho bc chakrit got killed really soon. barely had any scenes. hope he gets big in this film.

Kina

Dubsteppin'
"Time to Kill" is the name of the movie in which Chakrit will play in along with Nicholas Cage. And yes, it's a remake of Bangkok Dangerous.

Of course, as with other remakes, Time to Kill will be slightly different from the original Bangkok Dangerous. As we know, the original main character was a deaf-mute hitman, in the remake, the hitman will not be a deaf-mute. His girl friend, who is the Chinese actress, Charlie Yeung, portrayed as a Thai woman, will be the deaf-mute. In order for Nicholas Cage to make some big bucks, he need some lines, and being a deaf-mute will not keep the money rolling into his pocket. As for Chakrit, he plays Nic's special errand guy. Not that big of a role, but he does play along with the main character.

Preahya

sarNie Hatchling
iangel said:
In the industry, there is a lot of bias! in Memoirs of a geisha, the director was chinese, he was familar with chinese actors and actress therefore he chose to cast chinese people in the movie. In additon, they're hot around the world, people know them and are familar with the star's face and work...thats what sells! Like Anna and the king, they could have easily got a good looking talented thai guy to play the king, but chow young fat is also talented and well known, people will go and see him play a Thai guy in the film. Some time its also budget, it a bit easier to just find people in your own country to play the parts just like Koo gum, its easier to find thai ppl that looks like japanese people to play the part rather then finding japanese ppl.
[post="155387"][/post]​
:lmao: :lmao:

I didn`t know that ROB MARSHALL, the director of MEMOIRS OF A GEISHA was CHINESE?!! I always thought he was white!!! So, I think u need to check your facts about who directed the movie!!!

_sai

sarNie Juvenile
Amira said:
"Time to Kill" is the name of the movie in which Chakrit will play in along with Nicholas Cage. And yes, it's a remake of Bangkok Dangerous.
[post="156359"][/post]​
time to kill.. same title as Rain's drama.. ok.. irrelevant comment. haha.. sorry

tang071 said:
what was bangkok dangerous about? never heard of it before...who starred in the original??
[post="156380"][/post]​
yea. i never heard of it either..but must be good if hollywood wanna make a re-make.

and anyone think that hollywood are running out of movie scripts.. or is this the re-making trend.. eg. the lakehouse

noungning

Heartless
bangkok dangerous - p'ek was mute... but it was a decent movie..

Pure Azn

sarNie Hatchling
iangel said:
Preahya said:
In the industry, there is a lot of bias! in Memoirs of a geisha, the director was chinese, he was familar with chinese actors and actress therefore he chose to cast chinese people in the movie.
[post="155387"][/post]​
:lmao: :lmao:

I didn`t know that ROB MARSHALL, the director of MEMOIRS OF A GEISHA was CHINESE?!! I always thought he was white!!! So, I think u need to check your facts about who directed the movie!!!
[post="156665"][/post]​
Rob Marshall is NOT, i repeat NOT Chinese...the guy is WHITE/American. :loool: