friendship

orangepie

sarNie Egg
So I'm a person who worries A LOT..there's no way I can stop worrying unless I'm reassured over and over. I don't like this part of me. I have this really close friend..and bc of past friend ships I keep thinking she will back stab me later on. I'm so scared of losing them..that I'm constantly clinging on as if they will slip away. Even though I know she is there..my constant worryin has made it seem like she is tired of it all. She reassures me she's there whether i'm crazy or not but I can't shake the feeling that she may just be like ughh..enoughh already..and leave. I fear she will get closer to others..and it makes me scared bc I trust her with so much and I know she trusts me too. She's been there for me thru everything. I am very open n honest with her. She isn't the emotional type so she doesnt talk a lot but she will eventually tell me. She has told me if i keep thinking that we will stop being friends we will. I know we will both cont to meet ppl and get close to them. I just dont want to be that friend that came and went. How can i change this part of me and learn to let things be and be grateful for everything I have? I guess you can say I'm afraid of change.

luvgolf

sarNie Hatchling
nothing stay the same and you have to accept it. I guess just think about this moment, don't worry too much about the future. what happen will happen as long you know you do what you can, at the end you will be stronger. I don't know that help at all hehe

hm. i don't think worrying is necessarily a bad thing as long as it's not too much. i know the more i care about someone... the more i worry about losing them to marriage, relocating, etc.... i've relocated so much while growing up that i've had to say "goodbye" to lots of friends. b/c of it, i don't really get attached to people, b/c i'm scared i'll lose them, & i'll just be hurt all over again. i'm actually learning to open myself up more. :lol: but then again, it's been a babe magnet. girls say i'm so mysterious. :loool:

have you experienced anything in your past with friends backstabbing you or something? everyone's different & if so.... if you were backstabbed, they suck anyway. only insecure people would backstab a friend, banshees! :arrg: there's this concept in psychology called, "the self-fulfillment prophecy." the more you believe in something... the more you act in a way to make it come true... either in your actions or the people you choose to welcome into your life. :huh:

i also agree with luvgolf. just cherish your time with her now. who knows about the future anyway. you can feel sad then instead of now. ;)

noungning

Heartless
it's normal to cling onto the people you sincerely care about. it happens with anyone, but u do need to know when it is too much. personally i've only been clingy with 2 people, and those 2 people have hurt me pretty bad. and from that, i took it as a lesson learned... what i told my friend recently---he's very clingy, and one of our friend has stopped all communications with him, and he said he should go to confront and end the friendship---my response was, why would u do something like that? what's the outcome? in the end, u try to hurt someone's feeling, but yet it bounces back on yourself. because u end up hurt. so i said, you have to stop emotionally investing in people, because when u have high hopes of it being this and that, but in the end, it's not the way u want it to be, u're hurt badly...and what is the end result? u don't trust anyone anymore, u may have the best person in the world as your friend but yet u overlook that because u are too stuck into your lack of trust and what if recurrences.

:lol: but then again, it's been a babe magnet. girls say i'm so mysterious. :loool:

i also agree with luvgolf. just cherish your time with her now. who knows about the future anyway. you can feel sad then instead of now. ;)
hahhaha chick magnet. :ph34r: but i think u found the key to being attractive to many many people... mysterious.

i also agree with luvgolf. deal with what u have on hand now, stop thinking about what if.

but u should never trust anyone 100%, always leave enough room for failure, it allows u to battle off those rough times faster ;)

orangepie

sarNie Egg
Thank you guys soo much for helping. I've been feeling like that for awhile..and I did go see a counsellor which means there's more than just the friends thing too. It would just be too much to type out.

I know change is rough but it's something we have to deal with. I can't keep doubting the words of my friends and picking at everything they say. Saying I want to change means nothing if I do nothing about it. It's going to take awhile for me to become independent and stop relying on others. I'm slowly working through it. If it's all meant to be it will remain.

Thank you again.. I appreciate it!