French Language (help please..)

Jane

sarNie Hatchling
Does anyone in here know how to speak French fluently or know of a good website that can translate the English language into French language?

I have family in France and one of my cousin now has a Facebook account and now we are friends on there, the problem is he can't speak English and I can't speak French. I've tried a few websites that have translated what I want to say in English into French, but he said he doesn't understand what i'm saying from what he wrote back (i had to translate what he wrote into English). I believe the translation is confusing or inaccurate.

So if there is anyone out there who can help me, please do so :D .

Jane

XCappy

Mr. Char
I do speak French. If you need some translations, I could help you. Just throw the message here and I know that there are many French here that can help you too ;).

Jane

sarNie Hatchling
I do speak French. If you need some translations, I could help you. Just throw the message here and I know that there are many French here that can help you too ;) .

Thanks so much!! I will send you a message whenever I need the translations :D

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
Cappy, that's cause you live in Luxembourg. ;) Lucky you!

I know a little French. Even if no one here can help, there
are many French translators that you can find online too. ;)

Jane

sarNie Hatchling
Cappy, that's cause you live in Luxembourg. ;) Lucky you!

I know a little French. Even if no one here can help, there
are many French translators that you can find online too. ;)

Thanks, but I've used a few sites, but somehow the translations were not accurate b/c he wrote back that he didn't understand what I was trying to say, with what he wrote back, I used the sites to translate it back to English and it didn't make much sense and I had to make out what he wanted to say.

Jane

sarNie Hatchling
No Joey, I live in Paris :D

Wow you live in Paris :D . I wonder if you know my family? Well they don't live in Paris, but I forgot where though. My uncle (my mom's older brother) and his family lives somewhere else, but his wife's family, most of them, I believe her sisters and their family live in Paris. I know their oldest son and his girlfriend was in Paris for a couple of months when he was off for work around July-Sep, I believe. I think they live in Bretagne or somewhere near there.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I took French and to be honest I cheated my way all 3 years. Why take French in the first place (a lot of question when I tell them I took French but know nothing except “Hi, I am ….”) Well there was no other option for me so it was either French or Spanish and two years later my school brought Italian. We used to have Japanese but I don’t know what happen I guess no teacher. Anyways, I have families in France too but sadly I don’t know where in France. They came to visit a few times but in the past 4 years no they haven’t. They own a fishing resort (well that’s what I’ve been told). And my grandma’s brother owns a taxi company.

Jane

sarNie Hatchling
I took French and to be honest I cheated my way all 3 years. Why take French in the first place (a lot of question when I tell them I took French but know nothing except "Hi, I am ….") Well there was no other option for me so it was either French or Spanish and two years later my school brought Italian. We used to have Japanese but I don't know what happen I guess no teacher. Anyways, I have families in France too but sadly I don't know where in France. They came to visit a few times but in the past 4 years no they haven't. They own a fishing resort (well that's what I've been told). And my grandma's brother owns a taxi company.
I didn't take French in High School, I had it once in middle school in 6th grade, that was a long time ago, when I was about 11-12, now I'm 26, so you know I don't remember anything except my "Hi, my name is____," and something about i don't speak French. I took spanish in high school for 2 years and I still can't remember a lot of things that I learned.

None of my family have came to visit either. My girl cousin on the other hand, she came to the U.S. twice when she came to be a nanny, but that was in the northern states. I met her and her youngest brother in Thailand in 2000, the other two brothers, I've never met, I've only chatted with her oldest brother online. I really want to go visit them, but I'm broke!! so it will not be happening anytime soon :D

OK_na_tur

sarNie Juvenile
I took French and to be honest I cheated my way all 3 years. Why take French in the first place (a lot of question when I tell them I took French but know nothing except “Hi, I am ….”) Well there was no other option for me so it was either French or Spanish and two years later my school brought Italian. We used to have Japanese but I don’t know what happen I guess no teacher. Anyways, I have families in France too but sadly I don’t know where in France. They came to visit a few times but in the past 4 years no they haven’t. They own a fishing resort (well that’s what I’ve been told). And my grandma’s brother owns a taxi company.

^^dito!!

This is my 3rd yr in French in HS. and yeah.. I know the basics like Bonjour, Je m'appelle ok_na_tur. haha

yeah.. I guess you could ask me questions if you need help. since the new things I learned are still fresh. and I

have a book so yepp

XCappy

Mr. Char
Wow you live in Paris :D . I wonder if you know my family? Well they don't live in Paris, but I forgot where though. My uncle (my mom's older brother) and his family lives somewhere else, but his wife's family, most of them, I believe her sisters and their family live in Paris. I know their oldest son and his girlfriend was in Paris for a couple of months when he was off for work around July-Sep, I believe. I think they live in Bretagne or somewhere near there.
Well, to tell you the truth, I'm 25 minutes far from Paris :D. It depends where your family live, I'm in the eastern part, in the Parisian suburbs.

solin

sarNie Adult
As Cappy already said, we are a brunch of french here and we will be please to help you to tanslate.
You said your cousin don't know english : did he study in France 'cause English is learnt by every students as first or second language.
If you need some help you can also contact me.
I know online translator and they suck but I used to have a translator program (french to english) : I think you should try to find one.

fun

Expired Sarnie
None of my family have came to visit either. My girl cousin on the other hand, she came to the U.S. twice when she came to be a nanny, but that was in the northern states. I met her and her youngest brother in Thailand in 2000, the other two brothers, I've never met, I've only chatted with her oldest brother online. I really want to go visit them, but I'm broke!! so it will not be happening anytime soon :D
I know, I will visit one day when I have the money. Ahahahaha that won't be anytime soon though!

^^dito!!

This is my 3rd yr in French in HS. and yeah.. I know the basics like Bonjour, Je m'appelle ok_na_tur. haha
That's all I know too and a few sign language. Yeah I know don't ask why my teacher taught us how to use French sign language.

Jane

sarNie Hatchling
Well, to tell you the truth, I'm 25 minutes far from Paris :D . It depends where your family live, I'm in the eastern part, in the Parisian suburbs.
Oh ok. Still have no idea where they live, the one I remember is that they used to live in St. Claude (something like that) or still does, don't remember.

As Cappy already said, we are a brunch of french here and we will be please to help you to tanslate.
You said your cousin don't know english : did he study in France 'cause English is learnt by every students as first or second language.
If you need some help you can also contact me.
I know online translator and they suck but I used to have a translator program (french to english) : I think you should try to find one.
thanks. Nope he doesn't know English at all, just the basic words of hi, yes, no, etc...only his oldest brother and his older sister knows English. I met him and his sister in Thailand and it was hard to speak to him, b/c he didn't know either language as in carrying on a conversation with us, just French, so his sister would translate for us.

Yeah the online translator sucks, b/c my cousin didn't understand what i wanted to say. ok, i'll try to find a translator program.

Thanks everyone who is willing to help, I appreciate it very much :D

XCappy

Mr. Char
Ohh I see which town it is : I think it is St-Cloud actually. It's a Parisian suburbs too, in the west part.

Jane

sarNie Hatchling
Ohh I see which town it is : I think it is St-Cloud actually. It's a Parisian suburbs too, in the west part.
hahaha... :D yeah, you're right, it is St. Cloud. Isn't that several hours away from Paris or is it near Paris? from what my aunt and uncle told me, it takes them several hours to get to Paris, so if it's near, then they live somewhere else now.

I'm pretty sure there are a lot of laotian/thai people that live in Paris, so it would be a small world if you know them :D .

XCappy

Mr. Char
Hmm I think Saint-Cloud is really close to Paris. Maybe something like 5~10 minutes to go to Paris. It's a pretty nice area, I have some friends there, but they're not Asians ;). I do know some Laotians in my town though. Well, my town is the one which has got lots of Asians. Something like 30/40 % of Eastern Asians => Cambodian, Laotian, Vietnamese.

Jane

sarNie Hatchling
Hmm I think Saint-Cloud is really close to Paris. Maybe something like 5~10 minutes to go to Paris. It's a pretty nice area, I have some friends there, but they're not Asians ;) . I do know some Laotians in my town though. Well, my town is the one which has got lots of Asians. Something like 30/40 % of Eastern Asians => Cambodian, Laotian, Vietnamese.

oh ok, so they don't live there. I communicate with my older cousin who speaks English all the time thru online chatting, from his myspace page, it says he lives in Bretagne, or somewhere near there. I'm pretty sure you may know his family on his mom's side, they live in Paris.

Thanks again for the help.

solin

sarNie Adult
oh ok, so they don't live there. I communicate with my older cousin who speaks English all the time thru online chatting, from his myspace page, it says he lives in Bretagne, or somewhere near there. I'm pretty sure you may know his family on his mom's side, they live in Paris.

Thanks again for the help.
Maybe they live in this small town in the Morbihan (a département of Bretagne) called Saint-Claude Pluméliau ?

margaretthao4

sarNie Adult
FUN! it's been so long since i last chatted with you. how have you been girl.
hahaha you werent the only one who cheated. lmao i cheated took 3 years of japanese and basically i know as much japanese as you do french hahahahaa.
girl this guy and i would cheat by writing the answers on our eraser and then we would trade erasers LMFAO!

Jane girl i know how you feel. I too have family in france..but lucky for me they somewhat speak english so i can attempt to understand them.
my cousin came to visit for 4 months dang i could not understand a word that came out of his mouth for the first month or so..and then i kind of got used to his accent and started to somewhat understand..it was still pretty complicated though .hahaha.
well much luck to you at least you have all these wonderful sarnies to help you out.
mmm hmm girl i've tried using them translator things like bablefish mmm mmm girl it dont work hahaha.