Forgiving a Murderer

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
Out of curiosity, if you were to have children and you married a man with a stepson and that stepson happened to kill your children, beat you up, stab you and shoot you would you end up forgiving them 15 years later and help him get out of jail.

I watched this story on the news and I couldn't get over the fact that this woman helped get her stepson out of jail and defending him saying he was mental. He seemed like perfectly normal kid, went out, never came home late, got good grades. He all of a sudden tied his stepmom up and strangled his 2 half siblings one of age 7 and one of only 8 months old. Forgiveness may be a good thing but I feel like there are certain boundaries that you shouldn't cross during forgiveness. If I had a child and a small baby and for them to get killed by my stepson for no complete reason I would never ever look at him, talk to him or help him.

If you were in this situation what would you do?

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
i can never forgive anyone who kill, its so scary, how can u even forgive someone who killed the people u love most, so wierd, i can't believe it. :facepalm:

fun

Expired Sarnie
Well if he was mentally ill, he should remain locked up. Some psycho path scares me, better off if they are locked up away, I know it's kind of mean. It's kind of a controversy that I do not want to come across.

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
this is one of those serious topics that I try to avoid...but...I had to take psych nursing for a whole semester & can see the mom's point of view.

I don't agree with the locked up thing because there's so many murderers out there who has an illness, but not enough money is invested in helping these people maintain their illness. everyone thinks locking them up is better, but it's not. we're actually spending more money sending them to jail. A great book to read is "Crazy" by Pete Earley. I cried reading it. It's about a father who's son suddenly showed signs of schizophrenia and his son was going to be put to jail by this family who couldn't accept his illness. So, he as a reporter went and investigated prisons.

i would def be mad that a stepson would kill my kids, but if he truly has an illness I would get him out of jail and place him in a mental hospital class x - essentially the same as jail except at a hospital (perhaps better & ppl there who knows the illness and how to treat it)

Muddie Murda

smile...
Forgiving someone can takes a load off your shoulders. It sounds crazy but unless you were in such a situation, you would probably have a hard time believing it. How is it much better holding hatred and revenge in your heart? It turns you into a bitter person.