For those looking to make some money online

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
^^ I find helium so hard!! I haven't gotten any writing stars yet, but I did get the creative writing bronze badge. How about you, Anny?? have you been on helium for awhile??

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
its been 5 days already and my review havent gotten an answer yet
it's taking long for my other ones dat was still processing too. they'll get processed eventually though

oh cool lome i just clicked ur link. what is helium? lol

Liberty

sarNie Adult
^^ I find helium so hard!! I haven't gotten any writing stars yet, but I did get the creative writing bronze badge. How about you, Anny?? have you been on helium for awhile??
I haven't gotten anything either.
I signed up a couple years ago but didn't know what it actually was. My first "article" was a mistake I was making a comment on the subject and had no idea it was considered an article. :lol: I haven't written hardly anything, aside from the first one I recently wrote something new but that's about it.

lady0fdarkness

Diamend, Helium is a Journalism site that allows members to share knowledge by writing articles. It is a bit different from AC. At Helium, your articles are rated by fellow members. Your articles are rated on content and quality. The higher percentage you have in writing, the more you get paid. They also have writing contests and a marketplace where you could write and try to sell your articles.

Anny, for AC, do you normally chose exclusive for upfront payments?? How long does it take for them to review your articles?

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
ohhh i see. thanks for the explanation. oh yea i wanted to ask bout da exlusive/non exclusive thing too lol

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Diamend, Helium is a Journalism site that allows members to share knowledge by writing articles. It is a bit different from AC. At Helium, your articles are rated by fellow members. Your articles are rated on content and quality. The higher percentage you have in writing, the more you get paid. They also have writing contests and a marketplace where you could write and try to sell your articles.

Anny, for AC, do you normally chose exclusive for upfront payments?? How long does it take for them to review your articles?
ohhh i see. thanks for the explanation. oh yea i wanted to ask bout da exlusive/non exclusive thing too lol

I always click on non exclusive in case I want to resell it or republish it somewhere else. If you publish with them for "exclusive" you can't republish that article anywhere else, whether you get paid for it or not. I occasionally publish exclusive with them back when I first started out because they had these good deals where they'd pay $10 up front for it and you can still make performance pay off of it. They don't do that anymore.

The pay isn't any different so I was go with non-exclusive just in case I want to republish it with another place. :)
Recently I had two $20 offers from their partner and that was exclusive and it sucks that I can't make performance pay off of it either. Oh well.

I'm not really sure how long it takes, normally a couple of days not counting holidays and weekends. I usually have a lot of them lined up so I stopped keeping track.

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
i think da first article i submitted at ac took 2 days for it to get published. i just did another one yesterday

lady0fdarkness

I wrote 9 reviews for Review Stream since Monday and nothing yet!!! Does it normally take that long for you guys??

sirena

sarNie Adult
me too but i only did 3 and its been like a week lol for review stream

edit: today they reject one of mine haha failed!

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
what was the reason for rejection? wow i dunno y it's taking so long but oh my goodness i had trouble w/ one of my reviews. it got rejected because they don't wanna buy it for $2 so i went to submit it again for the bulk rate and then they credited my account $2 but then da next day they took out da $2 and said they aint interested in da review. so i e-mailed dem and asked them how come i can't get the bulk rate for it? and then they were like it says in the rejection e-mail that we're not interested and then they told me dat google can't find da review so i obviously named it wrong. i was like what da hell? they took my review out dhur it wouldn't be up dere. so i asked them will i ever get any review for bulk rate if review stream doesn't want it for $2 since last time they didn't give me anything at all when it said that they weren't willing to buy it for $2. and then i got a reply back and da person said u were replied already. so i e-mailed back and was like i don't know if u ignored my question or whatever and then asked again and da person replied saying dat da copy of my e-mail b4 is below and they're not interested in buying that review. OH MY GARSH!! i wasn't talkin about da damn review! so i e-mailed back and was like i don't think u understand my question and i asked again and then they were like what do u mean, how come u can't just follow the directions on the screen? my lord! so i asked if there's another contact i can reach in case i run into trouble again and da person was like y are u looking for troubles? I DON'T THINK DIS PERSON KNOWS ENGLISH WELL AT ALL and they said i'm da only person dat has a problem. aw shiet i should submit dis in for a review LOL a review on dat person who is supposed to help me but can't even understand what i'm saying

sirena

sarNie Adult
gosh diamend im sorry for all that trouble lol

i think you should write it as a review haha i wrote one about tea tree oil and they said they werent interested in it so i was like ok w/e i didnt know if i should resubmit it

then another one i got pay 40 cent for my deodorant i wrote about which ididnt even check the bulk rate box but what ever lol

only 2 reviews of mine got reviewed i still have 5 more thats still pending cuz i wrote 2 more yesterday and they havent looked at it yet and its been like a week and 2 days to be exact

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
yea don't try to talk to dat person lol i don't think he/she understands english well. but anyways good lord i wonder what's takin dem so long to process reviews. maybe dere is somethin wrong w/ da bulk rate thing

Liberty

sarNie Adult
RS has been kinda strange lately. They are accepting my reviews automatically been then all of sudden the last batch is taking much longer. They're book reviews but I've had a lot of book reviews be accepted. Not sure what's up.

sirena

sarNie Adult
i just made 40 cents yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO :drool:

sirena

sarNie Adult
oh btw if you try to post a comment saying it taking so long for them to approve a review they delete it lol they only keep possitive comments haha im serious