First time in 10 ten years, Lao Hmong lady enter,

karenyang

#1S.H.E.&NicTse
People make assumptions that all hmongs live in the mountains. Some people say hmongs have not assimilated into mainstream culture.

"The only Hmong girl who entered the contest of Miss Beer Lao 2006 won 1 million kips for beer Lao and have a chance to enter the 4 finalist. This was the first time in 10 ten years that a Hmong had applied for selection. She is Ms
Korlua Yangleuxay, 20, a student at No 6 secondary school in Vientiane.
“My friends heard the radio announcement about models for the calendar and encouraged me to apply. Many people say I look lovely so I wanted to prove it was true. I wasn’t confident about winning the award, but wanted to get some experience,� she said. “This will certainly encourage me and my
friends to enter other contests.� she changes her surname to a more laotian appeal Yang+ Leuxay. sounds more lao.

credit to asianfinest

mainira

sarNie Hatchling
that is soooo awesome...i am so proud of her....she is very beautiful and talented indeed.....

hnub_khaab

sarNie Egg
pajnyiag said:
So, does this mean that Korlua wins beer? Well, what's beer Lao?
[post="16105"][/post]​
When I went to study abroad in Laos, beer lao is like budweiser in the U.S. Its their beer. At least that's what I think. She must be modeling for beer lao or something.

pajnyiag

sarNie Egg
hnub_khaab said:
When I went to study abroad in Laos, beer lao is like budweiser in the U.S. Its their beer. At least that's what I think. She must be modeling for beer lao or something.
[post="16345"][/post]​
Oh, thanks, hnub_khaab! That's really interesting. I am very happy for her. When I think of Hmong people on the other side of the world, I always see poverty, sadness, and just negativity, in general. Therefore, this is very amazing to me. However, I wonder...what do her parents think? Are they the traditional parents or are they super supportive of their beautiful daughter? And you know, it's even more awkward and somehow sad to see that she must change her last name to make it sound more "Lao." However, GOOD LUCK to her and hopefully, someday, she can make it big in the United States. (=

vilasaeng

sarNie Juvenile
See not all Hmong are being killed like the media trying to protrat Lao as doing... If you're loyal to the county what's to be scare of if you're not thinking of taking it over... Congralution to her... She is pretty. Wish you have a better picture of her.....