[FF] Memories Afloat

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Yup, yup, I am back again with a new fanfic, due to a special request by "lakornsrok" wanting these 2 pairs. What can I say? I'm currently shipping them too hehe. Anyways, I'll try to get this fanfic updated in a swiftly manner.. I'm still thinking of the storyline and genre.. Just sharing the poster i whipped up for now.. hehehe :D

*Note that "Afloat" I used is like drifting/passing/circulating and is not related to boats etc. Just clearing that up before I start.​

Memories Afloat
Starring:​
Mike Pirath as Lapin​
Margie Rasri as Jay​

"To love a fool makes oneself a fool. I am a fool for falling in love with a fool, thinking that the person would change in the end. Lost in love, the memories afloat like a thundering storm. Can't I just erased them easily like a delete button? If only life was that easy, there would be no troubles in the world at all. By moving on, I'll set myself free." - Jay​

"A fool is I, to make my lover a fool. A fool I am, to gamble away my lover. Crushing her dreams, telling her lies. What a wonderful lover I am? In the midst of our love, I lost the love of my life. A fool I am, to fall into deep temptation and greed instead of holding on to what I already had. Losing her is the biggest mistake in my life. Just once, I would like to have her in my sweet embrace once again." - Lapin​

lakornsrok

sarNie Adult
Omgg I am already loving it! I love ur quotes too! Thanks so much again aikoden! Ur so awesome!! I can't wait to read it and I absolutely love the poster gosh!! Going crazy now!!:)

huajaikaungtur

- Marina ♥
I haven't been reading fanfics for years but here I am, totally gonna stick with this onee. Yeaaah, I'm so hyped.
:) Love Mike & Margie's couple & I definitely need to catch up on Rak Boon.
btw, I'm loving the lines you used for Mike & Margie & the poster you created. woww! :)

duaxiong

sarNie Adult
JULIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE(Aikoden) :woot: , >.< You're amazing! Always so impressing on your graphics! BTW, loving the siggie ;3 I'm digging Mike & Margie too. Love how you're going to be using their names from Rak Boon (Lapin & Jay). I love their quotes too. I'm excited for this fanfiction. I barely come on Sarnworld/Asianfuse anymore but reading your fanfic would be my main reason for coming on Sarnworld/Asianfuse now. Can't wait for your creativeness ~ :dance1:

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Chapter 1

~JAY's BL&hearts;G &hearts;F HAPPINESS PAIN~

It's finally official. I have broken up with P'Lapin, the man who I thought was my "neau koo" (soulmate). Who would have known that cupid would play such a trick on me. Why give me love if it doesn't lead me to happiness. A fool in love, will forever be a fool even after the end of a relationship. You were everything to me. You were my very heart that kept me beating alive. You were the wind that swept me off my feet. You were the eyes that made me realize how beautiful the world was. You were my life...

I must have been stupid for making you my life. A fool in love, really is a fool.

Sigh..There's no need for me to cry over spilled milk. Since I'm now free, I'll spread my wings and fly. I'll let go of all these heavy burdens. I'll let go of my love for you.. as well as our special memories.

-Jay the Pink Din&hearts;saur (Blog post entered on June 6, 2006)

Present

"Nai(Boss) Jay, here are the files you requested."

"Thank you sweety, there was something I was suspicious about. Sorry for making you work overtime these past nights. You can go home now. I'll even give you a bonus. Say hi to to your mother for me." thanked Jay as she looks over the files.

"Thanks Nai. I'm already thankful enough that you allowed me to be your secretary.. though I'm uneducated and low class." thanked Mook.

Jay set the files down on her desk, removed her glasses, and looked up at Mook. "Mook sweety. Don't say those thing. You are not uneducated and low class. I don't believe in such things. You have been a helpful worker for me. I can't thank you enough. Really." Jay looked at her wristwatch and then to Mook. "Oi, I didn't realize that it was this late already."

Mook smiled. "You were so busy today, did you even eat yet?"

Jay's stomach growled. She laughed it off while rubbing her stomach. "I totally forgot to take a break earlier."

"I'm going to pick up my mother at the market, do you want to tag along? She tends to have extra food left over, since she doesn't get much customers. You can grab a bite to eat, if you don't mind that is."

"I'd love to join you Mook, and food is food." Jay giggled as she closed her window blinds. "It seems to be raining. Let's hurry, I don't want you mother to wait in the cold." Jay put on her overcoat, grabbed her umbrella and left out of her office.

-------------------------------------

"It's really pouring out tonight huh Pee(brother). You sure you want a drink?" asked Chen the bartender. (His name is on his name tag)

"Yes, hit me up with a few drinks. The environment and atmosphere is just perfect for drinks right now."

"Alright, but I can't let you drive out while being under the influence. I don't want my pub to get in trouble for sending out a drunkard."

"If I get in that state, I'll just ask you to call a cab for me." smiled the man.

"So what do you want to drink?"

"Just give me some shots for now.. bitter ones."

"Alright, then Angostura it is." Chen filled and placed the shot glass cup filled with Angostura in front of the man. "Freshly distilled and exported out of Trinidad."

"Oh really? My favorite." The man gulped the shot down and made a kuhhh~~~ sound. "Nothing can beat this bitter taste."

"So, are you from around here?"

"Yes and no. I've been out of the country for a few years. I just recently came back. Got no friends except for the pubs. Sad ain't it?"

"Ah, I see. Friends? Who needs friends when a bottle of liquor is more satisfying." Chen sighed. "Having no friends is rather sad though. I mean, the only people I talk to are my customers like you... and maybe my mom."

The man burst into laughter and quickly covered his mouth. "Oh.. My bad man. My name's Lapin."

"Lapin eh? Mine's Chen." He points to his name tag. "By the way, how old are you?"

"Old enough to drink."

"No, besides that."

"Twenty-six."

"Oh, you're still quite a young fellow. I'm twenty-nine. You got a girlfriend?"

"No, I'm single..." A depressed look emerged on his face.

Chen gave Lapin another shot. "Women problems?"

"Well, the past really. The burden is really beginning to weigh down on my back." He gulped the shot.

A woman came from behind and rubbed her fingers on the back of Lapin's back. "Mind if I have a seat?"

"No." Lapin said sternly.

"Why handsome?" The woman moved her hand to Lapin's thigh.

Lapin stared at her. "What's your name?"

She smiled. "Prim." She moved her hand closer to Lapin's "little brother."

Lapin tightly grabbed her hand. "Prim is it. That there is off limits."

"Really? I didn't know." She licked her lips.

Lapin released her hand and got up. He gave Chen $100 dollars and looked back at the girl. "PooYing(Woman) or PooChai(Man), I am not interested. Plus, that is a horrible lip color. Did you drink some poison or something? That purple has to go.

Chen couldn't hold in his laughter as he handed the change to Lapin. "Here's the change."

Prim stomped her leg. "Don't think that you're a hot shot anyways!"

"I never said I was a hot shot." Lapin took the change from Chen. "I'll swing by often." He walked out of the pub.

Chen looked at Prim. "I still don't understand why you still come into my place. Don't you know it's off limits to you? Do you want me to call the cops on you again?"

"You think I want to be in this place? I just happened to see my next client in here." shouted Prim.

"Really? Well, it seems your "client" wasn't interested in the package you were showing him."

Prim took the empty shot glass cup and through it on the ground. "Damn you!" She then stormed off.

"Goodness I hate that woman! That's the fifth cup this week! Seriously now!"

"Aunty, your food is delicious! I don't know why you have so much leftovers.. Can I pack some home?" smiled Jay in satisfaction.

"Thank you Nai, but it's just ordinary food." said Mook's mother.

"Ow, Aunty, I see where Mook gets her thoughts now, from you. Really now, there's no need to think about all the high and low society. We're all just the same. Can I get seconds please?"

"Sure thing Nai."

"Aunty, you can just call me Jay. I don't like to be called Nai outside of the office. I'm just a regular person in the end."

"Really? I'll feel weird. I'm already thankful enough that you gave my uneducated daughter a job Nai."

"Ow Aunty, there you go again. Just Jay. And no, Mook has been such a pleasure in the office. She is a real hard worker."

"Nai Jay, you don't have to say all that.. I'm just trying my best." said Mook as she washes the dirty dishes.

"You two really are mother and daughter. I'm quite jealous. Thanks for the food Aunty and I'll see you tomorrow Mook. Good night." Jay walked to car and started driving off.

"Mook, Mook, I forgot to give her the packed left overs. She should still be at the corner."

"Yes, mother." Mook turned off the water, grabbed the packed food, and rushed to the corner.

While running to catch up to Jay, she bumped into a stranger, spilling the food on him. "I'm so sorry.. I.. I.." She saw Jay's car drive off.

"My shirt..." The man sighed. "It's dirty now.." He looked at Mook. "What do you plan to do?"

Mook bowed her head. "I'm really sorry mister. I didn't mean to." She took out her handkerchief and handed it to him.

"No need. I have my own." The man mumbles to himself as he wipes his shirt. "Just go.. You look useless just standing there idly."

"I'm really sorry though Mister." apologized Mook.

"Mook.. Mook. Where are you?" asked her mother.

"I'll get going now." said Mook as she slowly walks off.

The man continues mumbling as he watches her leave. "Oh Lapin, why is there so many troubling women appearing in your life right now." Lapin looks up to the dim moonlight, with raindrops falling on his face. "I guess this burden is really taking a toll on me."

------------------------------------- To Be Continued -------------------------------------

A/N: I hope you readers enjoy this chapter.. I'm just trying to show how my characters are like so far.. Jay & Lapin's old love story will be brought in slowly.. just to give y'all an idea of how it was.. I sort of want to add First into this story.. along with Jackie.. I'm still debating.. hmmm.. and as for the genre.. It'll be a little bit slap/kiss.. and drama. Sorry if it's a bit boring.. I can't give y'all a BANG yet... lol j/k j/k.

duaxiong

sarNie Adult
Love your diction aiko >.< Another new siggie?! SO CUTE ;3 I love love Lapin(Mike)'s Intro scene, loving his character already. Up to you to decide on adding First & Jackie,if you're digging them both then YES you should ;) & It's not boring, keep up the amazing writing! I'm up for slap/kiss & drama . . . I'm also anxious to read the next chapter, update soon ~

lakornsrok

sarNie Adult
Aww dang it. :hiya: I didn't know you updated it until now! But dang i loved it!Thanks so much for updating already! I laughed when I saw Prim's name, :rofl: I love how you have most of the characters so far. Aww happy that Mike is not a player and i wonder who is Mook? Also, it is up to you if you want First and Jackie ;) ahah I am already loving it and yes :slapandkissse3: :r-scene-pop-corn: muahaha j/k about the rscene ahha you know me well Julie! Keep it up and i can't wait for more!! It's not boring too, it's actually very interesting and I wonder what happened between Jay and Lapin! haha Hope to read more of them meeting each other soon aha which i am sure it will happen! Thanks so much Julie! :clap2: i am loving it! :goodnite: for now, this made my NIGHT :spin: :cloud9:

huajaikaungtur

- Marina ♥
I'm writing this as I read...
I love the intro, it really captivates me and makes me wonder about Jay and Lapin's relationship <3 Already, I'm in love with your word choice and the way you write.
Aw, Mook's so nice~ I love the intro to Lapin, already we can see how his character is. I really can picture him at the pub :)
Ew, Prim ;P LOLLL, I love how Lapin talked about her lip color! xDD
I'm really liking the characters especially Lapin's mean/sexy self, haha.

First and Jackie, I like that idea :) Slap/kiss, woot woot! Boring? You kidding me? I'm in love atm, please update moreee~
Love the first chapter!

fun

Expired Sarnie
You got cursed by the raak boon haha Raak Boon fever!!! I am cursed too. Can't get enough of it.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Yes, I am cursed!!

Dear Raak Boon, Please grant me a wish of having the lakorn extended so I can see more Jay & Lapin.. LOL.

Anyways, will have chap2 up later :)

lakornsrok

sarNie Adult
Yes, I am cursed!!

Dear Raak Boon, Please grant me a wish of having the lakorn extended so I can see more Jay & Lapin.. LOL.

Anyways, will have chap2 up later :)
LOL Julie, you're so funny! aha i wish we can make a wish for that to happen except not really too because I am not brave as jay to help all those spirits haha So sad that it ended today! Lucky you you still have more episodes to tune in! Can't wait for chapter 2!!

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I will update on this ff later on for sure :) I want to finish Raak Boon first before I continue on hehe.. Sorry for making y'all wait. I'll make sure to write an extra long long long chapter :)

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Chapter 2

Jay's car brakes screeched loudly as she reached the parkway of her home. She got out of the car and began talking to it. "Ow, I thought Nathee took you to get your brakes changed?"

Nathee walks to the front door with his eyes in confusion. (o_O) "P'Jay, why are you talking to the car?"

Jay turns to look at him. "I thought you took my car to the shop the other day, to get the brakes changed? It's still squeaking."

Nathee began scratching his head. "Oh, about that.."

Jay crossed her arms. "Where did you go the other day? And what did you do with the money?"

"Nothing.. I still have it.."

"Then give it back..."

"I can't.."

"Why not?"

"Because I don't really have it.."

Jay's eyes widened. "Why don't you have the money?"

"Because I went to the movies.. with some.. friends.. you know.."

"Excuse me, but I do not 'know' what you're talking about. Why did you lie to me again?" Jay raised her fist.

"Settle down, settle down kids. What's the matter?" questioned Jay's mother as she walked over, lowering Jay's fist. "You're a lady, why do you always act hotheaded like a man."

"Mother, that has nothing to do with this. Besides, you're always protecting this son of yours. Why aren't you ever on my side.. for once." mumbled Jay as she popped her knuckles.

Her mother snickered. "Ow, you're such a bad daughter. How can you say that? I love you two equally."

"Yeah." said Nathee as he stuck out his tongue.

Jay's eyes widened once again as she points her finger at her brother. "See mother, why aren't you saying anything about this? Where's father?"

Their mother rolled her eyes at Jay. "You talk too much nonsense. You're father is inside, making your favorite pudding."

"Pudding? Father is making my favorite pudding?" Jay hurries inside forgetting about Nathee.

Nathee looked over to his mother. "It seems like she'll forever be a kid."

His mother gave him a pinch. "Oh stop it. Because of you, Jay and I always get into misunderstandings."

Nathee smiled. "It can't be helped that you love me best."

While hearing this, the mother rolled her eyes. "I guess kids will forever be kids even if they're getting old."

"Can't be helped Mom, it just can't be helped." snickered Nathee. "Plus, who would have known that she'll change this much coming back."

"Papa, papa." smiled Jay as she enters the kitchen, looking for her father. *BANG* She heard a bowl fall onto the ground. "Papa, papa.. papa?" Her eyes widened seeing her father laying on the ground breathing heavily. "MOM!! MOM!! MOOOOMMMM!!!" Jay was shouting at the top her lungs. She tightlu held her father in her arms. "Papa, papa.. look at me."

"Ow, what is it Jay? Why did you scream so-----..." Her mother rushed over to her husband, grabbing his hand. "Dear, dear, what happened." She then looks at Jay. "What happened?"

"I don't know mother. I was calling out for papa, but I didn't hear or see anything except for a loud 'BANG'. Before I knew it, papa was already on the ground. *RINGRING* Jay's phone began ringing. She got her phone out of her pocket and looked at the number. "Perfect." she said to herself. "Hello, Tha. Can you hear me?"

"Jay, what are you doing? Of course I hear you." answered Tha.

"Where are you? Are you near my house?"

"Yeah, I called for you to open the gate."

"Hurry, hurry.. you're a doctor in training... papa just lost consciousness just now."

"Papa what??"

"Just hurry and come in!!" Jay hung up on the call.

Tha rolled her eyes. "Being a doctor in training has nothing to do with this." She parked her car outside the gated fence and entered through the side fence door.

"Tha, why are you so sneaky there?" asked Nathee as he finished tying his shoes, slowly getting up.

"Where are you going? Isn't there an emergency?" asked Tha in confusion.

"I don't know, I was outside. Well, you go check. I'm going for a jog." Nathee gave a tap on the shoulder and started joggin off.

"Jogging in the rain?" Tha quickly entered the home.

Lapin entered his room and slammed the door shut tight. He quickly took off his shirt and threw it straight to the ground. "Thank goodness it was a cheap shirt."

He sniffed his hand and gave a disgusted look. "What a horrible stench." Lapin turned to his left and looked at the collapsed photo. He let out a loud sigh. "Are you still mad at me too?" He walked over to the bathroom and washed the stench off his hands.

*KNOCKKNOCK*

"Who is it?" He asked but there was no answer. He went to open the door. "Who-" He was interrupted.

"Who? Who am I?" said the man. "I'm the person paying this place for you to live in." He let himself in.

"Well, come on in." welcomed Mike in an annoyed tone.

"Is that how you treat a guess? Especially your one and only cousin?" smiled the man.

"Well what do you want Watt? Some wine? steak?"

"No no, I just ate. Thank you though." He looked straight into Lapin's eyes. "Why the long face? You don't like the place?"

"No no, I'm annoyed because someone spilled food all over me. Can't you smell the stench?"

"Of course not, I thought it was you." Watt bursted out laughing, with little tears in his eyes. "I kid, I kid."

Lapin gave Watt a stern look. "So why are you here?"

"Oh, right." He cleared his throat. "Are you still looking for a place to do your business?"

Lapin nodded. "Yes, why? You found one?"

"You got it." Watt placed his hand on his heart and gazed at the ceiling, blinking his eyes repetitively. "Ain't I a great cousin."

"Oh, you sure are cousin." said Lapin a sarcastic tone. "How much is it?"

Watt stopped his acting. "Just a few hundred..."

"Hundred? Then that's pretty cheap."

"No, it's a few hundred thousand."

"Hmm, still cheap too."

Watt looked at Lapin in a worried tone. "Are you sure you'll succeed? The family already hates you as is. If they know that I've been helping you out, who knows what might happen."

"Don't worry about it. You just keep doing your thing, and I'll do my own thing. You got it 'lieutenant'?" smirked Lapin.

"Fine. But I'm acheing to know. What kind of business are you trying to open up?" Watt leaned in closer.

Lapin leaned farther back. "I've been thinking of an embalming business." He gave Watt a wicked smiled, while lifting his eyebrows.

"Embalming? I don't know.."

"Well, you don't need to know. All you need to do is just support me."

"Fine. I wish you the best then." Watt handed Lapin a yellow envelope. "All the informations about the place is in there just sign what ever is needed and so on, I'll do the rest."

"Thank you cousin. I'm glad I still have you.. after all these years."

Watt placed his hands by his heart once again in a playful manner. "That's what family are for." He raised his sleeve and looked at his watch. "I'll take my leave now, I got an undercover mission to do tonight."

"I'll walk you out then." They both walked over to the door.

As Watt was about to leave, something popped into his head. "Ah, I forgot to mention this. Your future business is located next to a museum... I'm not sure what kind of museum it is though."

"Got it, I'll check it out later. Have fun 'lieutenant' on your undercover mission."

"Ha ha, how funny. Just hope I don't die in the process, then it'll be all good. Alright, see ya."

Lapin closed the door and stared at the envelope. "Well, let's get down to business."

------------------------------------- TO BE CONTINUED -------------------------------------

A/N: I apologize for the long wait everyone... I was busy catching up on Raak Boon.. and is currently obsessed. Anyways, like I said, I gave y'all a long chapter.. I hope it's enjoyable. I tried adding a little comedy in there..

Ehehe.. so who's Watt? *winkwink*

Anyways the genre for this ff is... slap/kiss, drama, and a tad bit of comedy. I finally decided after thinking for so long hehe. ANJOY!

lakornsrok

sarNie Adult
Thanks so much for the UPDATE! :dance1: Aww that was super quick though! :rolleyes1: Jay & Lapin have not seen each other yet too. I think I know who Watt is he has to be First! haha i love how you use all the characters so it's more realistic in my head :D !!More writing please and It's totally understandable that you were busy! Glad to hear that you finished Raak Boon so now you can focus on the fiction itself!! YAY!THanks so much Julie!! :thanks: Lots of love!! haha :wub: Can't wait for moreee!!! AHHH! I have Jay & Lapin FEVER!

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Yup, you got it. Watt is first :p
And of course, I'm gonna be updating this ff more often.. since I'm hyped up after finishin Raak Boon. :p

yes yes, Jay & Lapin fever

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
Man Aikoden, your ff is really catchy and not boring at all. I love how you use the characters and love Lapin's attitude. You are a great writer, I wish I can write liks this. LOL. First is so cute, and he's funny in this one then. haha.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
whooo.. it's been a while but wow I almost lost my plot! I also realized I had so much grammar mistakes.. oi.. man, I really gotta come update this.. whoo..