Female Genital Cutting

sirena

sarNie Adult
omg ive never

i swear and being a girl

ive never heard that a female can get circumsise

i waz never teach in school, until i watched ANTM and that girl said that she had her genital like the clitoral area and the outside remove and stich it back, to leave just a whole to pee and for period OMG!

im shock and it sounds wicked scary

so i did sum research on it to learn more

i got it from wikipedia just type in female genital cutting and you'll c it

and it said that it to be done to celebrate or to tell w/e that a woman is in her womanhood etc

and the sad part is that

girls r dying from this practice and so much side affect later on in life

it really sad

those girls in africa gets their vagina cut etc with ROCK!!!!!!!!

i read that sum places r banned and other like somalia still do and they do the extreme where like i said they stich everything leaving only 1 whole to pee, and period

i swear ive never ever heard that a female can get circumsise

this is my first time learning abt it and im glad that im not those religion ppl cuz Fcuk dat!! iam not goin through that kinda pain for sum religion

womanhood my arse!!!!

so wat do guy think

sorry i wrote alot

noungning

Heartless
lol wow.

well i guess some religions are quite strict. i've heard briefly of this but never went into so much detail. but u made it quite explicit lol.

personally i'd never want to go thru such pain, gosh, but some sacrifices their lives for religion... for instance, those suicide bombers.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Yeah, it's true.
It's cultural thing that's practice in parts of Africa. They do it to reduce sexual pleasure because god forbidden a woman she get sexual gratification too. Some women can't even get married unless they've had it done, that's why they consider it an introduction to womanhood.

But yeah, menstural fluid and urine doesn't come out of the clitoris, it's only purpose is to induce sexual pleasure.
Urine actually comes out of the urethra.

I wouldn't do that for anyone or any religion. I like my body parts, all of my body parts and I plan on keeping everything.

sirena

sarNie Adult
i know right me 2 haha

i know it a relgion and all but i think it soo stupid and im very against that

kill ur self, cut vagina, etc is just stupid .........no point

unless theres like medical condition and u need to get it done

but doin that for reglion is just way too much :/

so many girls r dying from this practice

i dnt noe anybody who like that stuff -_-

is anybody here an athiest by chance??

im not, im just askin

Quarter

Tell me about it.
when i first heard it back in high school, ummm. may the lord bless. i rather have 10 kids starting at age 16 then have my vagina stitched up. or, i lied. i rather have none.

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
yeah i learnt this in Religious Education it was an all girls class buh yeah i get what ur sayin why do it unless its medical condtion

judyp

sarNie Adult
no matter how "stupid" we think it is, people do practice it as part of their religion as Liberty said. young girls are being circumcised and they pretty much have no say because it is part of their tradition. i think it is very sad that people are dying from "medical operations" like this. i personally don't believe there is an easy way to fix the problem because it has been a long practiced tradition.

lilxgxriah

sarNie Adult
first time i heard of this was on oprah lol.....oprah discusses everything..let me tell ya...but anyways its sad..cause some of these girls do want a way out...i know they do it in someplaces in india too

all i have to say is: PAINFUL ... but if a culture practices it, and you've grown up surrounded by such a culture, then it's only normal...but as onlookers from diverse religious practices and cultures, we wince at the thought...

sirena

sarNie Adult
this might really seem like a really stupid question or maybe it is, but,

does any of u girls want to get circumsise???

honestly, i wont make fun of you or anything

i just want to know

becuz i read sum ppl WANTS to get it done

Liberty

sarNie Adult
this might really seem like a really stupid question or maybe it is, but,

does any of u girls want to get circumsise???

honestly, i wont make fun of you or anything

i just want to know
becuz i read sum ppl WANTS to get it done
It's done to reduce sexual pleasure for women when she gets married, that's why it's hard for some women in those cultures to get marry without getting circumcised. There are many women in these cultures who don't like the idea but when you're raised in a society where the only way a woman can survive is to get married, then there really isn't much of a choice.

Some traditions should be broken, especially when there are people within that culture that doesn't support it but have no other options.

I wouldn't do it because it doesn't serve any real purpose in regards to sexual or general health.

little

sarNie Adult
what's the point of getting it reducing pleasure when you are married isn't marriage a purpose of pleasure/turning to adulthood and all those good qualities? Some traditions are way too much to handle. I just want them to stop. I was watching national channel called "taboo" it shows different religions go through horrible stuff even though it's interesting to know about other cultures but for me it's just too much it scared and gross I feel like I'm them it hurts to even watch so I didn't finish it watch only like 10 minutes.

hellomelia

sarNie Hatchling
this is a cultural practice done in africa. girls clitoris are cut to refrain pleasure.
i think it pretty disturbing

sirena

sarNie Adult
let me ask this wat do u girls think abt guys??

all of us agree that we dnt like it, right?

but do u think guy should get theirs done too

cuz for the guy side, isnt kinda normal

it not really extreme like woman tho

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I know for Jewish guys it's not really a choice because they get it done when they're still babies, apparently it doesn't hurt because they don't have to do it in a hospital surgery room.

But for guys with a choice, it's really up to them, if they want to why not, it doesn't hurt them and supposedly it's cleaner and healthier for men (I'm not sure how though).

noungning

Heartless
isn't it supposed to help guys-health wise, staying clean like liberty said. well, you know it won't prevent STI aka STD...

Kina

Dubsteppin'
Genital mutilation/cut, whatever you want to call it in that class, is done widely around the African nation, generally in the Islamic region. The practice itself has nothing to do with religion, the religion doesn't mention that practice at all.

It's a custom, part of their culture. They really want to keep their women pure and virtuous, in other words...to keep them being a virgin, and they can only break their virginity until marriage.

And to keep their women from breaking it?? Well, physically, you get it cut and sewn back, leaving a small hole for urine and menstruation to pass. The clitoris has been damaged, therefore, they do not feel a high sexual pleasure or need, or none at all, for that matter. And when a woman who has no feeling of wanting to have sex, no pleasure whatsoever, then she won't have the urge to have sex.

Yeah, laws may ban it from being practiced, but you can't stop a custom, that's been practiced for so long, in one day or even a few years. Many guardians of their daughter still would want her to be circumcised because they worry she'll lose her "pureness". It's merely and generally about the protection of women. Some women go through with it because they agree to it wholeheartedly; some women try to run away. There are so many stories of these women.

But even though they have good intentions through this practice for their daughters, nieces, or grand-daughters, for us Westerners, it's a bazaar circumstance; we will always think it is inhumane.

But what's not normal for us, is normal for them across the seas.

And I do want to clarify that this practice has nothing to do with religion at all. It's a practical method thought up by a society.