Favorite Storyline/Plots in Lakorns and Dramas?

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
I watch anything that interests me. I don't have a particular favorite storyline and plot. If I watch it and it draws me in and keeps me wanting more then I just watch it. If I watch it and can't get into it, then no matter how much I love the actor/actress, I just don't watch it. But I do love comedy that will make me laugh to death or sad dramas that make me cry until my eyes dry out though. Oh, I also really love Horror, anything scary. But it has to be the pop-out all of a sudden scary, not the blood and gore scary, because I don't consider that scary, I consider it gross. LOL

xodxo

Trapped in MueyxTian's World! ❤️
Otherwise, I can be a hopeless romantic myself lol

so I usually dig some of those cheesy plots. Definitely a sucker for arranged marriages and bickering couple who supposedly hate each other haha. Also, if that P'ek knows his sweet words, I'm sold! Lol.
5555 I think I’m sold on just the hopeless romantic fix/word Lololol

I haven’t seen any lakorn where n’ek is hopeless romantic in forever.

~

My other favorite genre is a tear jerker. I also like those plots where people are just plain mean, malicious and vicious to n’ek and p’ek is like the only person who would stand up for her, protects her. Ouuu La la~~ I need one of those plots! They’re the best and most romantic. Can’t think of any lakorn like that since forever but maybe ... Look Mai Klai Ton with Kob/Andrew.. he was always kind of like sneakily watching over her and althoufh pretends to not like n’ek but secretly always thinking of her 5555555 yes baby that’s my kind of jam huhuhu :angel10::icon12::facepalm::love:

tweedaly

sarNie Rebel
I seem to be drawn to those lakorns where our pra'nangs bicker with each other before falling in love. I guess that I like the process of how their feelings slowly changes from hate to love. But I could watch any type of lakorns. One of my favorites was Klin Kaew Klang Jai with Rome and Rita. A more romantic-comedy lakorn that I adore is Ku Kaen San Ruk.

P

PrincessKarina

I like storylines of parents weren’t fortunate enough to marry but their kids find each other and marry instead. I think Thai industry might have done this type of plots. But the one I love the most was the Korean one called The Classic. If Thai people can adapt that movie into a lakorn! I love the fact that the female lead didn’t know but the male lead knew all along and he just wanted to be with her because his dad couldn’t marry her mom! And I would love for Taew to play the mom’s generation and then later the daughter. I would love for Mark to play the dad’s generation and JJ to play the son! Lol. I want the lakorn to have flashbacks to the mom/dad generation and then the present of course! I also love plots of pranang remembering their past lives as lovers. Kind of like in Nakee. ;)

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
I like Paen Rai Long Tai Waa Ruk type of storyline, where n’ek pretend to be pregnant and fake marriage. I’m a sucker with those type of romantic comedies. As long as there are actors I like with good chemistry.
I also like that type of storyline where rai turns into n’ek like Naree Rissaya, but n’ek has to be sympathetic and have good reasoning why she did what she did too. This kinda of storyline is very hard to execute if the actress is inexperienced. Especially when a new actress like Benz has left a very good impression with her acting.

P

PrincessKarina

I also love love love twin lakorns! But seriously I want a good one. I’m sick of seeing twins where one usually was portrayed as “weak” while one is strong. I want to see a lakorn with Taew playing as a twin in which both are strong women! I’m tired of twin lakorns where they didn’t know of each other’s existence. Or only one twin knows of the other. Uh boring! I want both twins to be strong will and beautiful business owners. One own a bathing suit company while the other own a make up company. Lol. They both know of each other and grow up with loving parents. Something like that. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

xodxo

hm, so I was wondering why ch3 or thailand still hasn't really incorporated Christmas into their lakorns yet? I know they're a Buddhist culture, but they also seem to embrace every international holiday and celebrate them all, so why not incorporate Christmas into their lakorns to make it fancier and more calming/relaxing for some season. I think if Thailand can break away from the cheating lakorn they're normally known for, and if they actually do a lakorn around the Christmas season, the new year and other special moments/gathering, it would really make a difference in their plotting. Like even a sad romantic lakorn circulating around the Christmas holidays would even be awesome!

Ex Kdrama My Girl, centers around the winter and Xmas holidays. It was such a romantic and sad drama. OOOh I need one of those genres!!!!!

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
Lol, @xodxo cus Thailand has warm weather all year long and it just never really feels like winter. They would have to go shoot in a foreign country. And you know how that is... people just don’t find lakorns that appealing when lakorns are shot over sea. There are so many failed over seas lakorns.

P

PrincessKarina

hm, so I was wondering why ch3 or thailand still hasn't really incorporated Christmas into their lakorns yet? I know they're a Buddhist culture, but they also seem to embrace every international holiday and celebrate them all, so why not incorporate Christmas into their lakorns to make it fancier and more calming/relaxing for some season. I think if Thailand can break away from the cheating lakorn they're normally known for, and if they actually do a lakorn around the Christmas season, the new year and other special moments/gathering, it would really make a difference in their plotting. Like even a sad romantic lakorn circulating around the Christmas holidays would even be awesome!

Ex Kdrama My Girl, centers around the winter and Xmas holidays. It was such a romantic and sad drama. OOOh I need one of those genres!!!!!
Have you seen Jai Rao with Ken T and Aff? They incorporated Christmas in there. There was even a Christmas tree. Lol. It was cute.

P

PrincessKarina

Lol, @xodxo cus Thailand has warm weather all year long and it just never really feels like winter. They would have to go shoot in a foreign country. And you know how that is... people just don’t find lakorns that appealing when lakorns are shot over sea. There are so many failed over seas lakorns.
Plus we associate Christmas with winter for many of us US people. Lol

xodxo

Haha, I knew someone was going to say no snow. By you know in other parts of the US, they don’t have snow either lol eg are like down south and western USA like California. I flew there a few years ago during Xmas, no snow, just cold cold air. Lol. Haha :) I think Thailand can def do Xmas without snow. The weather does get chilly, so I think that’s all they need for winter. Just decorate the tree, make it festive. Also BKK malls are really big into the holidays, decorating their malls with Xmas festivities and even fake snowman. I’ve seen them around. I think it’s time Thailand be creative you know? I’m getting really sick of the cheating/stealing old hag hubby lakorns lol :nut: it feels really outdated to be circulating around that genre/idea all the time.:nut::nut:

Have you seen Jai Rao with Ken T and Aff? They incorporated Christmas in there. There was even a Christmas tree. Lol. It was cute.
555555 really???? Lol. No I haven’t never seen it ahahahahaha but it needs to be a full lakorn circulating around that season, not just a few seconds. Haha

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
Yeah no snow in most part of California except in the mountains like Tahoe, Mammoth, and Big Bear but even those are not all winter long. Texas gets snow but not a lot.

I want more cutesy romance lakorn with like friend crushes or sibbling's friends match making type of lakorns without the drama, intense jealousy, mother in law drama, or comedy. With thai lakorns if its not all out drama then it's comedy.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
Haha, I knew someone was going to say no snow. By you know in other parts of the US, they don’t have snow either lol eg are like down south and western USA like California. I flew there a few years ago during Xmas, no snow, just cold cold air. Lol. Haha :) I think Thailand can def do Xmas without snow. The weather does get chilly, so I think that’s all they need for winter. Just decorate the tree, make it festive. Also BKK malls are really big into the holidays, decorating their malls with Xmas festivities and even fake snowman. I’ve seen them around. I think it’s time Thailand be creative you know? I’m getting really sick of the cheating/stealing old hag hubby lakorns lol :nut: it feels really outdated to be circulating around that genre/idea all the time.:nut::nut:

555555 really???? Lol. No I haven’t never seen it ahahahahaha but it needs to be a full lakorn circulating around that season, not just a few seconds. Haha
Haha, yes, part of California doesn’t have snow, but it gets super cold though. It’s too cold for Californians like myself. I do remember that there was a Christmas movie that took place in Florida though. You know Florida weather is like Southeast Asia, humid all year round. Idk, it’s just hard to feel for lakorns centering around Xmas in Thailand. People in Thailand may have a hard time relating to it cus majority doesn’t celebrate it. If for movies, can see it happen cus it’s short. With lakorns, it’s too long to be centering Xmas. They may insert a clip or two into it, but whole lakorn with Xmas theme maybe not.

xodxo

Sweety!!! Do you not remember Thai's CGI skill? :facepalm::risas3:
Lol :risas3::risas3::facepalm:

@Koy123 you know it doesn’t have to be on just Xmas day.. usually Xmas starts grinding up in as early as November lol ahhh Xmas displays are every where lol, and it goes way past the New Years too. Hmm lol

I think a lakorn can def make it work. If kdramas can center their 20/30 episodes on Xmas holidays, I think Thailand can lol they just have to figure out how to manage the timing. Starts filming in September then revolve everything heavily on the holidays season, then wrap up filming in March. That would be like awesome! I think they just have to manage their team and make it work. Then edit for another 2-3 months.. air it the coming up November you know?? Hahahahaha LOL! Dang, I even calculated the timing for them!! Lmbo!!! :p

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
Lol :risas3::risas3::facepalm:

@Koy123 you know it doesn’t have to be on just Xmas day.. usually Xmas starts grinding up in as early as November lol ahhh Xmas displays are every where lol, and it goes way past the New Years too. Hmm lol

I think a lakorn can def make it work. If kdramas can center their 20/30 episodes on Xmas holidays, I think Thailand can lol they just have to figure out how to manage the timing. Starts filming in September then revolve everything heavily on the holidays season, then wrap up filming in March. That would be like awesome! I think they just have to manage their team and make it work. Then edit for another 2-3 months.. air it the coming up November you know?? Hahahahaha LOL! Dang, I even calculated the timing for them!! Lmbo!!! :p
I think Koreans are different cus they have a lot of christians too no? Well Matt and Na's lakorn will have some Christmas scenes right? Man i need to call the maid to come clean the house so that i can put my Christmas stuff up

P

PrincessKarina

I think Koreans are different cus they have a lot of christians too no? Well Matt and Na's lakorn will have some Christmas scenes right? Man i need to call the maid to come clean the house so that i can put my Christmas stuff up
Maid? Girlie what? You have maids? Lol