Favorite Currently Active Ch3 N'ek?

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
where is the lie tho. compared to Korean and Chinese actresses, thai female leads are very lacking skill wise. they all act the same , cry the same. rme.
i am yet to see a Thai actress that really executes a scene with so much finesse.
the scripts are not helping either. its no wonder they are not recognized outside thailand and some neighboring countries. they are so obsessed with material things that they forget their number job is to act.
i am still in awe at Mai who has suddenly become a model and chompoo who acts badly but is always at cannes ( queen of cannes my foot) how are you always present at cannes but you are an actress who never gets her work shown at cannes.

most are hyped because of their beauty not their skills. (yaya, mai, chompoo,patricia,mew)
others never improve (mint, preem,nycha,margie)
the most overrated ( Taew: her acting in nakee was not that exceptional)
the ones stuck playing similar characters ( kimberley, matt, margie)
the forgettable and no impact actresses ( namtarn, diana, ice, esther s, chippy and mint c)
now mo who is also bad at acting and playing the same character has decided to work with ch3 ( talk about skill regression)

acting skill apart, i still like alot of them but geez when it comes to their acting i cringe alot.

let me not even get started on the male leads.
the only actress that i can say has impressed me is Noon.
ch7 is even worse sigh ( i would need two days to write about it)
I do agree that some are overrated and are just famous for their looks but i dont agree that all suck. Especially not matt, taew, and bella

Ntsuab-Ci

In love with Phet Thakrit <3
Benz Natthida had two lakorns with ch3, but she’s not signed with them. Even though Naree Risssaya focused on other characters more, Benz totally stole the show. I’ve never been so impressed with newbie acting like this before. Benz was amazing even tho the lakorn cut off some scenes of her.
Makes me wonder which channel she'll end up in. I'm still leaning more towards ch3 though ofc. But yes, Benz is just... amazing. I checked out the first episode of her newest one. She's more soft spoken in there but I'm liking it.

ella0411

sarNie Adult
where is the lie tho. compared to Korean and Chinese actresses, thai female leads are very lacking skill wise. they all act the same , cry the same. rme.
i am yet to see a Thai actress that really executes a scene with so much finesse.
the scripts are not helping either. its no wonder they are not recognized outside thailand and some neighboring countries. they are so obsessed with material things that they forget their number job is to act.
i am still in awe at Mai who has suddenly become a model and chompoo who acts badly but is always at cannes ( queen of cannes my foot) how are you always present at cannes but you are an actress who never gets her work shown at cannes.

most are hyped because of their beauty not their skills. (yaya, mai, chompoo,patricia,mew)
the forgettable and no impact actresses ( namtarn, diana, ice, esther s, chippy and mint c)
now mo who is also bad at acting and playing the same character has decided to work with ch3 ( talk about skill regression)

acting skill apart, i still like alot of them but geez when it comes to their acting i cringe alot.

I think they're just limited with the stories that depict thai culture, thus plot are most of the times repetitive.

Some are overrated and lacking but not really "not talented", acting-wise. That's why I'm only having one fave nang ek, and that's Matt. Maybe she's just stuck with rom-com before. Having watched all of her lakorns, I could say the chararacters she all portrayed were different, in a way. And Taew? I don't think she's overrated at all. One lakorn alone isn't enough to judge an actress' talent/skills.

Koreans just have some good plot, cinematography, and the likes. But not all of them are great actresses.

byebye

sarNie OldFart

Honestly, after watching kdrama then and watched a few now I have to say I am not impressed by any actresses acting. They make their main girl act almost the same way, with that over the top cute personality that for some doesn't even fit. And even if the girls are young enough to play a cute, naive, innocent girl it becomes a redundant role that if you see one you see them all. That was one reason I left kdrama. I remembered watching my last drama a while back the main girl look like she was in her mid 40s...and then there comes this cute girl acting kicking in, I was like WTH just happened?

For the thai industry, they take it a different route. They don't care too much about the acting but more about the buzz. That is why acting for this generation will not go further than what the viewers allowed them to be. The thai audience are partly to blame. And the younger audiences are more outspoken than any other group on social media so their voices are going to be heard first. Meaning, they are all about koojin the hell with the acting. So, that gives the actor/actresses permission to just be so and so but to never reach their potential. If they were given a challenging role but the acting still lacking, they will be forgiven if they started along their koojin because people are too distracted by the koojin couple that any bad acting will be overlooked and excuses are as long as the Pacific Ocean so long they get some romantic scenes to screen cap and spazz over lol.

As for me my ultimate girl is Matt...

mayag

sarNie Adult
Yea no way. I have to disagree. Thai actors and actresses are waaayyyy better than Korean, Chinese and Japanese actors and actresses when it comes to emoting. Most of the Koreans just have one style for every expression. For example, when they're angry, I've noticed that they all just widen their eyes as much as they can without blinking and deliver their lines moving as few facial muscles as possible. It's really cringe-worthy. And don't get me started on the pouty-mouth talk for the rest of the drama. :BangHead:

The Chinese are okay but they're just too over the top at times. Especially the actresses. I think it's the voice-overs that ruin everything for me. The Japanese... they just really need to work on their acting skills, period. The tolerable and more realistic acting is the main reason why I've stuck with Thai dramas for so long. We just need to see improvements in storylines, cinematography, and casting. (Talking about lakorns here, not movies.)

I don't know if she's still active? But my favourite is Cherry. She's a decent actress and an amazing human being!

xodxo

Trapped in MueyxTian's World! ❤️
If they were given a challenging role but the acting still lacking, they will be forgiven if they started along their koojin because people are too distracted by the koojin couple that any bad acting will be overlooked and excuses are as long as the Pacific Ocean so long they get some romantic scenes to screen cap and spazz over lol.
LMFAOOOO :risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3: This got me so bad!!!!:risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3:

Last edited:

ella0411

sarNie Adult
The tolerable and more realistic acting is the main reason why I've stuck with Thai dramas for so long. We just need to see improvements in storylines, cinematography, and casting. (Talking about lakorns here, not movies.)
This is the reason why I stopped watching kdramas and turned to lakorns, despite of having cliché plot and dragging, unnecessary scenes.

One of the reasons, I think, is that actors are exclusive in one channel (except those free-lance actors). Wherein, koreans are agency-based. So they get to choose and pair up pranang that would really fit the role, may it be newbie or seasoned ones. Their genres have more variety too, than lakorns'. Some lakorns won't be complete without an annoying mother, nang rai that you'd like to kill even at the 1st ep, supporting casts (men) who all fall in love with the nang ek, etc.

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
Yea no way. I have to disagree. Thai actors and actresses are waaayyyy better than Korean, Chinese and Japanese actors and actresses when it comes to emoting. Most of the Koreans just have one style for every expression. For example, when they're angry, I've noticed that they all just widen their eyes as much as they can without blinking and deliver their lines moving as few facial muscles as possible. It's really cringe-worthy. And don't get me started on the pouty-mouth talk for the rest of the drama. :BangHead:

The Chinese are okay but they're just too over the top at times. Especially the actresses. I think it's the voice-overs that ruin everything for me. The Japanese... they just really need to work on their acting skills, period. The tolerable and more realistic acting is the main reason why I've stuck with Thai dramas for so long. We just need to see improvements in storylines, cinematography, and casting. (Talking about lakorns here, not movies.)

I don't know if she's still active? But my favourite is Cherry. She's a decent actress and an amazing human being!
I am fine with Japanese acting cause they got some realistic warm/good human relationships well displayed by the actors. When I watch a Jdrama I never feel they want to manipulate me in thinking "They are perfect" but they are just engaging me in their universe no matter the richness and beauty displayed (good examples are Hana Yori Dango or Nazo No Tenkousei). They are not afraid not to take themselves too seriously. Kdrama in my opinion are obsessed with "perfection" and "beauty". It works with kpop but not so much with Kdrama imo. There is this feeling of "in your face/we are so good" I get from kdrama acting style. Some are really good but in most situations I can't relate. Thai acting skills relies too much on intensity. They want to flutter people heart. One reason there might be this obsession with koojin especially in the latest year. Sometimes this intensity can cross the line and lead to overracting (see Aum or Janie in their latest drama for example).
Cdramas have got the same issue as kdrama : obsession with beauty and perfection (must be that strong wuxia influence). Everything feels calculated, reason why most of their modern dramas stink imo

lovenk

sarNie Juvenile
My ultimate Thai actresses are Bella Ranee and Matt Peeranee. These two actresses can really act. I love them both equally. I am a big fan of both of them.
I also like Mew Nittha and Mint Chalida too.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
Makes me wonder which channel she'll end up in. I'm still leaning more towards ch3 though ofc. But yes, Benz is just... amazing. I checked out the first episode of her newest one. She's more soft spoken in there but I'm liking it.
Benz is signed with Mono.

ella0411

sarNie Adult
My ultimate Thai actresses are Bella Ranee and Matt Peeranee. These two actresses can really act. I love them both equally. I am a big fan of both of them.
I also like Mew Nittha and Mint Chalida too.
Woooww seems like Matt stans also like Bella these days. I'll check her out. (Planning to watch BPS after KB). I like Taew and Mew too, personality-wise.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
I was sad when I found that out from you guys. Such great talent wasted. She should had gone to gmm25.
Unfortunately, I don’t think her looks is what ch3 is looking for. She’s young and will have more opportunities. I just hope to her her acting more in the future.

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
Unfortunately, I don’t think her looks is what ch3 is looking for. She’s young and will have more opportunities. I just hope to her her acting more in the future.
Yeah she doesn't fit the halfie look that is favored at ch3. Maybe she would fit ch7 but their pra'eks are a lot older there and she's only 17-18?

Ntsuab-Ci

In love with Phet Thakrit <3
Benz is signed with Mono? Omg, I thought she was like freelance or something. I don't know much about Mono and their lakorns but I hope they do her justice. I can see her fitting in with gmm25 b/c from what i've seen, their nangeks are usually cute looking

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
Yeah she doesn't fit the halfie look that is favored at ch3. Maybe she would fit ch7 but their pra'eks are a lot older there and she's only 17-18?
Yeah, she’s like 18 or 19. Agreed, she wouldn’t fit with ch7 either.
Benz is signed with Mono? Omg, I thought she was like freelance or something. I don't know much about Mono and their lakorns but I hope they do her justice. I can see her fitting in with gmm25 b/c from what i've seen, their nangeks are usually cute looking
Definitely, gmm25 would fit her a lot more. What a waste, ch3 needs someone like her though. With that kinda acting chops.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Obviously MATT PEERANEE and BELLA RANEE!!!! Wow. . . both their names end in -ranee, must be. . . buppesaniwaas! Hahaha.

Other girls that I like, but aren't avid fans of: Taew and Mew. Is that it??? Am I missing anyone??? Hmmmm. Why do I feel like I'm missing someone? Oh well. Will come back later if anyone pops up. Hehe.