sarNie Hatchling
Taken from Kajol-Mani.net
More Info. On Fannah
Written by Profiler
Tuesday, 11 October 2005
Aamir to play Dilli’s Raju guide

Yash Chopra Casts City Monuments In Latest Love Saga
By Saurabh Sinha/TNN

New Delhi: Decades after Dev Anand wooed Waheeda Rehman on screen as Raju Guide, noted filmmaker Yash Chopra hopes to repeat the phenomenal success of the hit with Delhi’s monuments as the backdrop.

In the upcoming Yash Chopra movie Fanaah, Aamir Khan will ‘‘guide’’ college-student-on-holiday Kajol through Lodhi Garden, Qutab Minar, Jantar Mantar and Red Fort. Whether the two fall in love while touring Delhi’s more salubrious spots is being considered by the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI).

The ASI has received a request for shooting at all these places for the movie which has also been billed as Kajol’s comeback vehicle to Bollywood. ‘‘The movie has to be shot in the coming winter months and a decision would be taken shortly,’’ said a senior ASI official.

‘‘The huge paraphernalia for shooting may cause some damage and also attract large crowds. So while shooting in World Heritage monuments — Qutab and Humayun’s Tomb — no chances are taken. At other places strict conditions are imposed for the shoot,’’ said the official.

The extra caution has been expected after trouble brewed at the shooting of Lakshya at Tughlaqabad two years back. The police had to close entry to keep crowds at bay and even those with tickets could not enter. The enraged crowd later pelted stones at the cash counter. After that, the ASI has become very careful with giving permissions for shoots.

But given Yash Chopra’s ‘‘clean’’ track record of sensitive shoots at heritage sites in Delhi, permission may not be hard to come.

All his recent movies had a scene or two of Delhi’s built heritage. Hum Tum showed Rani Mukherjee and Saif Ali Khan going past Tughlaqabad, Veer Zara’s famous Lahore scene between Shah Rukh and Preity Zinta was shot at Old Fort’s Qila-e-Qunah mosque.

A song in Bunty Aur Babli was supposed to be shot at Lodhi Garden and Qutab Minar but this didn’t materialise.

But Abhishek Bachchan and Rani’s marriage scene behind the Taj got the producer into trouble as smoke was emitted for the effect very near the marble wonder.

‘‘These movies are good ambassadors for showcasing Indian heritage all over the world. They help in drawing tourists and promote tourism, so we can’t have a blanket ban on shooting,’’ said a top ASI official while explaining why the survey takes chances by allowing shooting at monuments.

Kunal Kohli-directed Fanaah is an eagerly awaited movie from the Yash Chopra banner because of several reasons like Kajol’s return and the top stars’ reported squabbling over the length of their respective scenes.

But the Qutab Minar could well be its crowning glory, if the ASI does not play the villain’s role and denies permission.

Source : Delhi Times

hamerica

sarNie Hatchling
shana pakim said:
is this a movie that is coming up or something?
[post="45889"][/post]​
Yes it's a new film with Aamir and Kajol. This film is mark as Kajol comeback since she have been gone for a while from the entertainment industry.

shana pakim

sarNie Adult
hamerica said:
Yes it's a new film with Aamir and Kajol. This film is mark as Kajol comeback since she have been gone for a while from the entertainment industry.
[post="56358"][/post]​

what is the name of the movie?

do you know?

jaymes

sarNie Hatchling
The movie is called "Fanaah" and I'm not too sure about the details of the movie. Rumor has it that Aamir will play a terrorist or a gray character. I'm not sure about Kajol's character, though. Check out http://kajol-mania.net for more info.

kry*star

sarNie Adult
anyone knows if this one is out in stores yet??? desperate to see kajol's comeback and plus it's with amir!

sambvang

sarNie Egg
She is so beautiful. I love her movies that she did w/ Shah Rukh Khan. They made such a cute couple. I was hoping that they would date in real life but I guess it never happened. And now she's married.

But I can't wait for her movie to come out. I was wondering where she's been. ^_^

danny

sarNie Hatchling
Thanks for sharing....she looks very pretty..can't wait till the movie comes out been waiting for her to get back into the filming industry...and also can't wait to see her on screen again with Shahrukh....^^

jaymes

sarNie Hatchling
I'm really excited about this movie, so I thought I'd just post this up.

courtesy of IndiaFM

rukmos

sarNie Adult
Do you know what this is suppose to be about? I love Aamir and Kajol, but sometimes the story line is very good and so I love interest.

jaymes

sarNie Hatchling
From what I've read online, it seems that Kajol's character visits Kashmir (that country and India have been involved in controversy) and meets up with Aamir, who is supposedly playing a terrorist or a somewhat grey character. However, that could be off, given the numerous rumors going on about the film. Still, with both actor's reputation for excellence and for being choosey, I think we can expect a really good film.

cecilia

Staff member
okay..you can tell i was bore..so i'm making a list of some new bollywood video..it's been so long since i touch this fave side of mine..:lol:..

Aamir Khan and Yash Chopra - a powerhouse combination that comes together after 14 years (the duo last worked together in Parampara)

Aamir Khan and Kajol - undoubtedly two of the best performing talents of Bollywood coming together for the first time (the duo starred together in Ishq but were not romantically paired in the film)

And 'last' but not the least
Jatin and Lalit - (reportedly) composing together for the last time for this film

Now these are reasons enough to have elevated expectations from Fanaa; not to forget director Kunal Kohli who proved his sensitive treatment of subject with Hum Tum extracting fine performances from both Rani and Saif!

Exclusive Promo Clips

Promo 1

45 80 150 220 (Real Player)

So when you open the trailer of Fanaa you have high anticipations from the film. And as the trailer opens showing Aamir Khan flipping his jacket and walking through the monumental structures of Delhi, the mood is set for a trademark Yash Chopra film. Kajol spinning her head and swaying her hair in air just adds to your belief. So after an adventurous Bunty aur Babli, a new-age Salaam Namaste and a formulaic Neal-N-Nikki, Fanaa goes back into the Yash Raj zone of ethereal and chaste love.

Celebrations, traditions and fun follow giving the feel-good effect. Jatin-Lalit's infectious track Subhan Allah plays in the background. Kajol plays a blind girl in the film. Aamir who plays Rehan Qadri, a flirtatious local tour guide takes Zooni Ali Beg (Kajol) for a ride across Delhi but subsequently falls in true love with her.

The names of Aamir and Kajol flash on the backdrop of snowfall that subtly implies the setting of the film on the backdrop of terrorism in Kashmir. Rehan is not just a guide; he has another face of life that he has kept away from Zooni. This becomes clearer with the last scene of the trailer showing Aamir changing his image from the flippant guide to a more intense character, firing a bullet.

The trailer ends on a heavy-worded dialogue with Kajol saying
“teri dil mein meri saanson ko panaah mil jaye
… teri ishq mein meri jaan fanaa ho jaye” Fanaa means 'destroyed in love'.

JaM

1TYM hwaiting!
I'm liking Kajol's look for this movie. Her makeup isn't as dark and heavy as usual, but rather really natural and light. I don't like Aamir's hairstyle though...the side burns and the long curly hair...just doesn't seem to suit him..