Expressing my frustration!!

none3

sarNie Hatchling
I'm so mad, forgive my grammar.

I got back from a wedding reception in Rosemead/San Gabriel, California. It was a Khmer/Chinese wedding. The wedding was perfect, but---the guests weren't. Damn! these Chinese people were so stuck up. ohm, they like look down on me and my sister because we were dark skinned and not Chinese. I totally felt the tension at my table. They (the table sat 10 people and 5 of them were chinese people who spoke khmer too) didn't speak or make eye contact with any of the "dark" skinned khmer that were at our table. Sometime in the middle of dinner, one of the chinese ladies lean over and ask me which side of the family i came for and where I was from. Once I told her where I was from, I'm not kidding, she totally stopped our conversation and turned the other way. I was like, wtf!!!! I was so mad. I didn'n't know what to do because at the table where we sat, were elderly adults. I couldn't start an argument or something. I was so happy when dinner was finally over.

After dinner was over and they'd all left, my sister told me that she overheard one of the ladies say,"look at these black skinned people, they're all from the same ghetto and I know they're poor." I was so mad after hearing this. to me this clearly shows that they don't like the groom side of the family much because his family were khmer and "dark" skinned. Man, I want to round up all the khmer chinese people, young or old, who look down on their own kind because they're dark skinned and put them in the gas chamber to die slowly. Sorry if i offended anyone, but what would you do if you were the victim?

I think that those who look down other and belittle, derserves to die and go to hell!!!!!!!! I'm so mad.....

Rakniran

oh u just have to ignored them.
You are better then them.
Don't let them get to you.
My fiancee is Chinese and I'm lao.MY ex -bf is chinese/half white.
Trust me ,I know how chinese feel about us Lao peoples.
As long as your sister/relative understand you .Thats all it matter.Don't matter what other think of you.

In my case.Two of my meanie sisters think of me in the wrong way.thats just way too sad.I got no back up,but from my second oldest only.

Ignored those sad peoples with hate/jealousy.

darvil

sarNie Adult
Its just one of those things happen in life.

I've been discriminated when I was young because I was a Burmese.

These kinds of things are just ignorance and stupidity and there isn't really anything you can do about it.

I get that, too sometimes. They're not worth your frustration. ;)

And it only enforces me to NOT do the same thing to people of a different race, gender :lol:, socioeconomic background, sexuality, etc..., b/c I know how it feels to be on the receiving end. :spin:

ChenrukNote

Goddess
Some people do think that others are disadvantaged because of their skin color like in Richard Rodriguez's "Workers" essay taken from his Hunger of Memory autobiographical work and thats prejudice and stereotypical on their own part but that's how society is. I hate to admit it but lots and I do mean lots of cousins on my dad's side are equally as stuck up as those Chinese you described.

Like Rakniran said just ignore them and be the bigger person. Wishing them to die in a gas chamber is harsh. There will be more points in your life when people discriminate against you. Just shrug it off. Words and actions of others can only hurt you if you let it. Show them that you don't care because selfish people like them are not worth your time.

Vanida

Save World Save Life
yea i experience this when i was little always come home from school crying it sad they that these days people are still like that and the world is big theres going be people are still racism and criticize just because u not one of them all you u can do is stay strong and believe in yourself be good cause if you do good things you get good in return and those nasty jurks will learn one day and next life they will experience how it feels hurting others like that what a shame for them.

kalek

sarNie Hatchling
i experience the same things with Chinese/Khmer. But I like to turn their words around like I'm proud to be dark because these white celebrities these day be tanning to have the same tone as me. That mean I am good looking and sexy like the girls in magazine and I do it with a laugh just for away to insult back. This is one way to talk back reverse discriminate languages into something good. People like that just need to be better educated in stereotype and race. I'm proud to be dark because i love being my true color and not get whitening like some Khmer people nowaday such as many asian stars whitening their skin to fit with the western culture(predominantly white/Caucasian Hollywood.

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
yea dnt worry about it ma auntie is like that tho i dnt think shes chinese her husband is 555 buh she dnt look down at me she just boss me about tell me what to eat and not to eat and what to do, buh i have seen she looks down at some ppl buh dnt worry about it we all human all diff and grrr some just are stuck up like that

lady_sati

sarNie Adult
i know that you're angry.
but you shouldnt use the word 'die' and 'hell' etc.
that doesnt make you look better than them.

someone may think that you're as prejudice as them.
i understand that racist. ive been through it all the time.
and im still going through it.

i think it's to your advantage that you understand these
kind of people are closed minded and thinking about them
all the time wont get you anywhere.

im not saying that you shouldnt be mad.
be mad. but dont be mad and come to this closed anger place.
be mad and come to a place where your heart is open and understanding.

understand that there are people like that in this world.
their hate and prejudice is useless in this world.
with your love and your kindness, people will remember that longer.
trust me.

im sorry that you had to go through that.
but i think that this situation happened to you because
you're capable to come to an understanding.
im sure you're a kind person.
you wont let this get you down all the way.

im sure those bad people may encounter something
in the future that will hurt them as much.

good luck.
take care.

none3

sarNie Hatchling
Wow, words of the the wise are truly amazing. I'm not mad anymore, and yeah the word die and hell doesn't suit my vocab. I was just too hurt because I've never actually had that type of antagonism and dislike directed towards me. I guess where I"m from, I have friends from every kind of race and skin color--and I fit in. It hurts me so much to see that we've come this far from our homeland "cambodia" and we still haven't change.

I know that when I have children (assuming I get married first) I will teach them to love others and respect them for who they are. I will STOP this cycle of hatred--at least starting from my family. I will step out of my comfort zone and live that philosophy. I promise to myself that I will not look down on anyone no matter where I stand in society--rich or poor. :D

KawaiiTennyo

THE KT OF SARNIES
dude just punch them in the fACE!!! ahaha jp. Ignore them and eat the food. ^_^ pigments doesnt matter. Here in SW we still love ya!

Muddie Murda

smile...
Oh girl, I'd be so mad too, because I can't believe that today there are still such ignorant people!
But deep down, I know that we are not as low as they see us. We're probably higher since we don't look down on others like they do. <_<

You know, I hate browsing through soompi sometimes because there's so much racist and stereotypes.
The northern part of asia looks so down low on the south. When my friend showed me that one thread they had up, I was sooooooo freaking mad.
They were saying all these stuff on what savages the south was. -sigh- I think what made me more mad was some of the south not defending their own side when they know that it IS something they do because they don't want to be looked down as low. It's not even low. <_< So I posted saying, "Yeah I do that, so what? I'm proud!" It was a huge thread, and I didn't dare finish reading any more after the first or second page. Just made me more mad how ignorant people are.

I was just looking through the thread of pictures and notice how beautiful and handsome sarNies were and we're mostly southerns right? Huahua
Wonder where those stereotypers saw their asians at :p cuz they need to come to sarNworld and check out all the hotties on HERE :D

Some kids these days are being brainwashed by their parents' own hatred and stereotypes. So hopefully, those of us who do know the difference between good and bad of people's thoughts will raise our kids to be kind and open minded people. :)