drivers test

genkers

sarNie Juvenile
k my cousin is going to take his first drivers test next week and he is using his parents car, now the question he had ask me was does he have to put his name in their insurance policy before he can take test in the car? i don't know lol because i took it in a friends car and i didn't have to do that but i've heard people tell me that you have to.
we live in houston, TX.

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
I don't know about putting his name on the insurance policy but the car that he is taking to the driver exam station .. has to have insurance. You might want to call the Exam station (where he's gonna go take it) and ask them about it ... but I doubt he gotta have his name on the insurance policy ...

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Like KEdoubleNy says I don't think you need to have his name under the insurance policy but the car itself has to have insurance. I took my parents car to do mah license and I didn't have my name on anything so yeah...Im sure it would be alright...but then agian it's different from state to state...so find out first before you go there.

kitkat

sarNie Elites
I vaguely remembered that it was required to put my name on insurance when I used my parents' SUV for a test but it's for CA residents so I don't know about TX, though. ^^;

n_naruk

TOOMTAM :: CHALiDA
When I took my road test, at that time, I used my ex's bro's car and it was fine. Just as long there's insurance coverage on the car. It should be good--ILLINOIS State​