Don't bite my head off but this got to come out! Aum P is a mediocre actress, there I said it!

onahc

sarNie Elites
Hear me out. I've been conflicted for the longest time because I'm such a huge fan of hers but I can't deny this anymore. Aum is not that great of an actress and I can't let my admiration for her hold me back from admitting this. Don't get me wrong, she is talented and can act, but she lacks the ability to deliver a role with true emotion and depth. She has played so many roles but I can only count a few times where she has played the role well. She is quite inconsistent, she was good in Pleung Payu and great in Song Sanaeha but lifeless in Rang Rit Pisawad and Buppae Lae Ruk. She is usually the latter, just delivers her line without heart. She has yet to prove to me she can truly act in a drama or character role. I don't like to compare actors but I can never see her pulling off the roles given to Ann, Benz, Mew, Joy S, Cherry or Noon W. They are some of Thailand's great dramatic actresses, the roles I've seen them play are heavy and require them to portray emotional depth. Another problem Aum has is her line delivery, it's too fast and lacks any true emotion. I hate when she adds "leuy ah" in her lines, it ruins everything. She needs to slow down her speech and deliver from her heart/feelings. Does anyone agree with me or am I just crazy? I still like her, more as a celebrity than actress though. I love her shoots.

KristyS

Lakorn Obsesser
I agree with you :) . Aum can act, but yes, she lacks the ability to pull out the emotion. She's putting her real life character into her lakorn character.

sirena

sarNie Adult
i think shes an ok actress i mean she really beautiful

but when it comes to acting i agree wit u i dnt think she can do wat those other actress can like the ones u name

but hey like i said she has sumthing that everybody like

and this quote is from tyra banks from ANTM

"if u can make woman and mens like you, u r famous"
hehe so i guess she got the look for both

i mean lots of younf girls look up too her becuz of her beauty
and men like her picures haha

sarN

sarNie Granny
hummm.. could it be in Rang Rit Pisawad she and stehepn start off on the wrong feet? and prolly she not good in comedy ? i don't know yet about Buppae Lae Ruk cuz i havnet seen it but i will den i'll go back to dis topic haha . I like her in "Sai Leurd Haeng Ruk" and in "Pimmot" .

dhan9

sarNie Adult
Hear me out. I've been conflicted for the longest time because I'm such a huge fan of hers but I can't deny this anymore. Aum is not that great of an actress and I can't let my admiration for her hold me back from admitting this. Don't get me wrong, she is talented and can act, but she lacks the ability to deliver a role with true emotion and depth. She has played so many roles but I can only count a few times where she has played the role well. She is quite inconsistent, she was good in Pleung Payu and great in Song Sanaeha but lifeless in Rang Rit Pisawad and Buppae Lae Ruk. She is usually the latter, just delivers her line without heart. She has yet to prove to me she can truly act in a drama or character role. I don't like to compare actors but I can never see her pulling off the roles given to Ann, Benz, Mew, Joy S, Cherry or Noon W. They are some of Thailand's great dramatic actresses, the roles I've seen them play are heavy and require them to portray emotional depth. Another problem Aum has is her line delivery, it's too fast and lacks any true emotion. I hate when she adds "leuy ah" in her lines, it ruins everything. She needs to slow down her speech and deliver from her heart/feelings. Does anyone agree with me or am I just crazy? I still like her, more as a celebrity than actress though. I love her shoots.
Yeah i totally agree with what you said. hmm glad that you had said it out cuz i never dare to speak it out myself, cuz i'm afraid i might be the only one. no offence to Aum P fans. Yeah Aum P is pretty, she is also one of the top five thai actress including Ann, Kob, Noon and Aom, i agree that those five top thai actresses are all beautiful in a differnt way, but i found Aump had the least talent out of those top actresses. i did tried to watch more of her lakorns because of her looks and her populality, but really i still can not fell down into her character, her expressions and facial expression just really weid (no emotion send through to the watcher) and unrealistic. Well i think that's all i should say, just in case someone will kill me here, but just want to say that she is still better than some of the new n'ek so yeah she is an ok actress and i rather watch her lakorn than the newbies one lol.

In my point of view, she's one of my favorite actresses. I love her acting - but yes, truth is - she isn't that great of an actress. She acts well, but there are no feelings put into her lines and roles. Yes, when she cries tears come streaking down her face. But it lacks feelings - it looks like she's got something in her eyes :( I actually admire her prettiness but even though she's got talent, I think that she doesn't use it well.

Like in Rang Rit Pissaward - She acted, people liked it, end. No, "OMG! She's so good at this!" It didn't stand-out. I feel like she's not giving her best effort, but just doing it because that's her job. :huh: She doesn't do it like other actresses, who put effort into their acting (even though it's not that good). It's like she thinks she's good (and I don't disagree) but she's no improving. There's always room for improvement...but she doesn't really do it at all. She just acts because she has to. Has anyone heard her ever say that she truly loves acting? I've seen her smile at people, laugh into tears, but not really hear her say it. It's like she's just a piece of hollow bark awaiting praises.

Everyone just likes her 'hot-hit' style, sexy body, and beautiful face. They don't truly look deeper and think. Wow...I feel like a consultant...:)

onahc

sarNie Elites
When you feel for the character, you know the actor has done his or her job well. I can't say that about Aum.

iamnowhere

sarNie Adult
I'm biased on this bc of the roles she's taken on and genre she usually does are dramas. To me, she's only an sexy image and that image is kind of getting old. But she's truely can exude more sexiness than any other stars in the industry.

monkey12

sarNie Egg
i disagree..i really like her as an actress..yes she is gorgeous but it's not the reason why i watch her lakorns...there's something about her when she is onscreen..i just don't think that the industry gives her a chance to really shine. She needs to be given a better role and storyline when it comes to lakorn. I personally think she is very versatile when it comes to her acting and that she is able to deliver given the right opportunity. Its true that in some lakorn there are roles that is more believable than others but i think that it is the same for all the other actresses as well. There are times when I watch lakorn with ann kob noon or even aum and would say that the role doesn't suit her or that they could have found someone better to play that role or that is not believable.. i guess what i am trying to say that it varies and not every actress is going to consitantly deliver a good perfomance

max

sarNie Elites
Yes... that is true. I LOVE AUM, but her acting is not that great. Oh well... I still love her =)

onahc

sarNie Elites
i disagree..i really like her as an actress..yes she is gorgeous but it's not the reason why i watch her lakorns...there's something about her when she is onscreen..i just don't think that the industry gives her a chance to really shine. She needs to be given a better role and storyline when it comes to lakorn. I personally think she is very versatile when it comes to her acting and that she is able to deliver given the right opportunity. Its true that in some lakorn there are roles that is more believable than others but i think that it is the same for all the other actresses as well. There are times when I watch lakorn with ann kob noon or even aum and would say that the role doesn't suit her or that they could have found someone better to play that role or that is not believable.. i guess what i am trying to say that it varies and not every actress is going to consitantly deliver a good perfomance

It's true that actors don't always deliver good performances but the actors I've mentioned always brings the goods to the table when it counts the most. We know what they are capable of but I've yet to experience Aum's greatness in a role, that's why I'm waiting to see Fah Jarod Sai. I hope she proves me wrong but I won't hold my breath because Aum has consistently let me down. Her delivery is unnatural and I've never felt for her characters, her portrayals are forgettable.

An example of greatness. Ann in Manee Yard Fah. The role/character is far fetched but Ann played that role beautifully. She was Areya and no one else could have played that role better.

Jieb_Lover

sarNie OldFart
I don't think Aum is gorgeous she's more cute like the next door girl to me just that she tries too hard to be sexy and I think her acting skills lack but I think she's really cute and adorable.

I used to not like Aum but I do now.

monkey12

sarNie Egg
It's true that actors don't always deliver good performances but the actors I've mentioned always brings the goods to the table when it counts the most. We know what they are capable of but I've yet to experience Aum's greatness in a role, that's why I'm waiting to see Fah Jarod Sai. I hope she proves me wrong but I won't hold my breath because Aum has consistently let me down. Her delivery is unnatural and I've never felt for her characters, her portrayals are forgettable.

An example of greatness. Ann in Manee Yard Fah. The role/character is far fetched but Ann played that role beautifully. She was Areya and no one else could have played that role better.

understandable but I guess it has to do with preferences..i respect your opinion but for me anne in that role didn't do anything for me.

i also have to agree with you. i'm also a fan of aum's, but i must admit that her acting is random...she excelled in So Sanae Ha and Pleurng Payu (although that didn't really meet my expectations), but she just doesn't shine in comedies. also, she could really be more selective with her roles...sometimes, it doesn't seem like she gives it her all throughout an entire lakorn. that's just disappointing.

ampoo

sarNie Egg
lmfao, this is a funny topic.

well Aum's a great actress but she's not versatile which I think some would agree with me. She can do drama but comedies are not her cup of tea. In comedies she lack the emotion and exaggerated, but I like NSJJKNSD because I thought she was cute in there but in Bpoo Phaeh Leh Ruk, omg, she lack the love emotion she's sending to Por and her smile to the elders are so forced. But but when she cried, her tears flow freely and gosh so many tears, I think she portray her crying emotion so well. When it comes to emotional crying, Aum's great at it. I feel her pain. She's great in drama/romance role like Soe Sanae Ha (it was more of a cute romantic lakorn) and in Plueng Payu that girl give her all. I think she portrayed her twin character okay because I always think Aum lack the ability to act someone calm and proper. lol She portrayed Duern good because I actually enjoy watching her more than the goody one. I was so drawn to Duern Ya. :loool: Then there is Chaluey Barb where she looked so dead. As for Stephen's lakorn, didn't really pay attention while watching and never finished it. :loool: Couldn't watch Pinmook since it's with Cee. ;) Aum's acting is inconsistent. When she don't pluerm a certain pra'ek she don't carry her emotion well, she has no chemistry with them.

I think most of her lakorn has not been heavy drama other than Plueng Payu and Kom Paya Baht where she portray rai. In Kom Paya Baht, she was crazy and dang I thought I was watching a real life drama :lol: didn't finished it though cuz she's too evil.

Aum's gorgeous and sexy, and naturally too. No need to try hard but at times, she try hard so I go ;) but she's a naturally sexy girl. That girl has sex appeal. But what does beauty have to do with this topic? Face does get you where you are but she has take home some award and nominated for Television Asian Award already proved she is great. And think about it, awards back then was more about talent. She would have take home the award but Ah'Dao actually took it cuz she was pure evil and great in Soe Sanae Ha as well. Aum just need to get back to drama role.

Now if Aum's taking home some award for Bpoo Phaeh Leh Ruk, I'm totally disagreeing with it because mostly she didn't deliver everything perfectly except for her crying scene. Just the same as I thought Ann didn't deserved the award for her role in Om Ruk because I thought it wasn't an award material and she was just so exaggerated.

Noon can portrayed her emotion but when she talked especially in Sadtree, her speech comes out so fake, like when she said something about being good and you will received stuff back. I cringe. :loool: Noon's a more versatile actress though.

So who said everybody is great at everything? There is Kob who can't portray any role. ;) The line she deliver and her crying ;) There is Ann, who's great in drama but in comedies, so exaggerated then when she's with some of her pra'ek she don't have chemistry either. :loool: But we can't expect them to have chemistry with them, eh? lol

:loool: Then there are some actress who are worse than anything, people still praises them, I see it all the time.

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
^Ann wasn't that great in Manee Yard Fah; she was extremely irritating and actresses especially nang'akes aren't supposed to be annoying regardless how intentionally spoiled, bratty, and agitating the role is supposed to be. Okay, like Noon in Kasanaka, with all of that screaming and nonsense running around, I still sympathized for her character because she completely embraced her character well. Although, the role was a bit crazy with bad judgment but hey, Noon's angle of the character allowed the audience to see that sometimes people don't always have their heads screwed on right and that's okay; it allows us to see a different type of nang'ake, not always sweet. Everyone keeps mentioning Ann this Ann that, I'm sorry but she was as dead as bark in the lakorn with Num. She was basically reciting back the lines, eyes blank as a white wall, even worse than Aum with Stephan.

Aum's strength is in dramas where she's constantly bombarded with emotions. When it comes to tears and sorrow, Aum is definitely the one. I personally think that Aum is a great actress but because she has already established a solid position in the ET industry, she has gotten used to being a celebrity, not necessarily an actress anymore. So depending on who her co-star is, Aum is going to deliver all that she has in acting out her role or she's not going to care and treat the lakorn as just another job. With Oil, Aum excels but with other actors, Aum slopes. Being an actress, I believe Aum should take acting a bit more serious like in the past. I would love to see Aum shape up because she wasn't that bad before, just the whole sexy image expectations that have been interfering with her acting abilities. I'm sure Aum will bounce back.

onahc

sarNie Elites
God, every time I hear Aum's "luey uh", I just cringe. Aum is the only one that really says that.

My Opinion:

The truth is, no one can definitely do anything perfectly. Everyone has their flaws. Some people can act good in comedies, some can act good in action, some can excel in drama. It all depends on the person much more. It's the roles the channels give them as well as their work. If they don't want to do a particular lakorn, it will probably won't be as good as a lakorn they've been hoping/praying for.

Lakorns that have been put effort in are the ones that outshine any other. It's just everybody's preference of genres. If anyone actually had the chance to ask these actresses/actors...do you think they'd say they liked every lakorn the starred in? Would they have said that they loved portraying so and so? Could they possibly be "IN THE MOOD" for acting in every lakorn/movie?

No.

It's different for everyone. All the people in this world are different. Liking different people and style...attracted to different things.

Actress Preference:

Aum:
She's good at dramas, but she doesn't express her 'funny face' feelings in comedies.

Noon:
She's really good at dramas, great at crying, but like Aum - she can't really do comedies. I haven't ever seen her in a comedy type lakorn...oh yah she's good at horror...I think.

Ann:
She's gone beyond the excel point for drama. She can probably act any dramatic scene really well. However, she isn't that good in comedies either. It's just not that realistic. :(

Pinky:
WOW this girl can do comedies!!! Like in NMKP, she proves that she can act in dramatic/crybaby/funny/cute/stupid/nerdy/fighter role. Miew had been so much in that lakorn. Especially like her with the glasses and pig tails :) Opps back to the point. She wasn't too good in SBCD, lacking true feelings. Looked like a girl reading off a paper.

Pancake:
She's got much to learn, but she pulls Inthira from TRL really well. She can definitely play in dramatic scenes, but yet to excel. However...she can't laugh! Looks like she's choking...so no comedy for her. Her crying scenes aren't that realistic.

Pat:
Was good in MTR. Improved much much much. She can act both drama & comedy fairly well. Still got much to learn. And yet she doesn't have that realistic crying...

Kwan:
She's good at acting...but in LND she was terrible (sorry Kwan fans)! Partly the character she was supposed to portray wasn't exactly her. Was just someone else. Acting in drama/comedy is ok but can improve.

Cheer:
One thing; SHE SHOULD JUST PLAY THE TOMBOY N'EAK LAKORN.

Kob:
Well...okay overall but not good good at any particular thing. She can do this, do that - but not to the point where people go "OMG!". Anyway...in BLR she couldn't cry. Looks so fake but it might be how her character is...I donno.

^_^ Well...all of the actresses have their ups/downs. Some more than others. All we (people here) have to agree on is that they're much better than us who can't really act at all! :lmao: Otherwise...we'll probably all be actresses/actors now! XD

PS: I love ending my long posts with a small joke. Most people don't laugh at them though...:( I know they're really lame...>_<